2 Theater Square #153
Orinda, CA 94563Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.table24orinda.com/
- Phone: 9252540124x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 4:45 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Contact us today to see what we can provide for you special event! We'll work closely with you to construct a menu that fits your needs.
A word from Table 24
Table 24 in downtown Orinda offers a menu with great neighborhood comfort food. From the mac and cheese to the infamous fried chicken, the burgers, pizzas, salads and sandwiches are sure to satisfy your hunger. Featuring an interior similar to a California great room, local proprietor Michael Karp has created a familiar, casual vibe and comfortable dining options inside at a table, at the bar, or outside by the fire. Serving weekend brunch, and lunch and dinner daily, Table 24 has a great menu for the whole family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Table 24 - Best Restaurants in Orinda ›
Table 24 reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (9)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (4)good for groups (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- BlahNewtonDined on 9/12/2014The food is lackluster. The fried chicken was bland. The fish in the fish sandwich did not taste very fresh. The mac'n'cheese was just OK, nothing spectacular. The sweet potato fries were flavorful. They were the best item on the table.
- KenBDined on 9/7/2014This is a nice local restaurant. There are some interesting appetizers, all worth trying. You can't go wrong with burgers, pizza, salads. My view of this restaurant--not overly expensive choice before or after a movie; or while shopping. Great location.Special Features:
- Poor service serving up subpar foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2014Our vegetarian's benedict came cold with ham, my husbands scramble came on a tiny bread plate for some reason, the fruit cups tasted vaguely like chemicals and my huevos rancheros was a dry fried egg on top of a plain corn tortilla. We all went to Starbucks to get snacks afterwards... The place was very kid friendly but I think it's mostly because the restaurant seems to have stopped caring.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/16/2014Have dined at this restaurant around a dozen times, but this was the first time for brunch. We were among the first, if not the first, patrons that day. Food preparation took far longer than one might have expected given that the orders were for eggs and French toast. Then, when we were finally served, two (of the six) orders were wrong or not prepared as requested. Our waiter was missing in action during the meal, including when it came time to settle the bill. When he finally brought the bill and took our credit card, he left the card on an untended counter and then disappeared again. Once we noticed the credit card sitting on the counter available for anyone to take, we complained to other restaurant staff. Overall, a bad visit.
- Great Burger!regularDined on 8/6/2014Met a client for lunch and this was a great spot. Exceptional service from Travis and it was quiet enough to talk without a stuffy atmosphere. Always looking for a good burger and it's pricey but I'd order it again. My client had the turkey wrap and said he'd come back for it. Had the broccoli cooked with garlic on the side and it was a nice substitution for fries. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Decent neighborhood restaurantOaktownDinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014Great fried chicken. Service is very friendly. It's a young, learning-the-business staff. But that's OK at this price point. Cocktails were decent (no Belvedere!) and food came quickly (which is great for kids). Nice comfortable vibe to go along with the comfort food. I would go back.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceoski1974Dined on 6/10/2014My daughter and I enjoyed a delicious meal. We decided to split a salad and main course offering and were accommodated without issue. We sat outside and great care was taken to be sure our heater was working. Our server and others paid close attention to our needs. It was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- The following 170 reviews are from the Table 24 reviews archive.
- Table 24 Rocks!!!TwentyFourDined on 5/16/2014We think that the food is outstanding. Very kid-friendly. The people there are very nice. They celebrate birthdays in awesome ways there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome StaffSomewhatPickyDined on 5/15/2014We made a reservation for dinner before going to a benefit concert at the Orinda Theater. The place was packed with others going to the same show. The hostess was very pleasant and sat us right away. The wait staff, and probably the kitchen, were aware there was a concert at the theater next door and worked fast to take orders and get food to the patrons. I wish we had had more time to take it slow, enjoy our meal and drinks, and appreciate the great staff. Thanks Table 24!I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyVIPDined on 5/12/2014We had a great meal there on Monday night. One person had the jambalaya which was excellent and very spicy. The server we had was fun, friendly and efficient (I'm sorry I can't remember her name). I had a burger and ordered sweet potato fries. The burger came the plste had regular fries but they quickly fixed the problem. They gave us a really big order of sweet potato fries that was enough for the whole table to share - above and beyond what they needed to do. The only thing that occurred thst was odd was that they were out of a lot of things, including pizza dough so they couldn't offer any pizzas. One of the people in our party wanted pizza. When we were leaving we saw that someone had pizza on their table so that was confusing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Old Fashion Comfort FoodFeedupDined on 5/11/2014I took my wife here for brunch on Mother's Day and we really enjoyed the food, the service was excellent! The staff was well prepared for such a busy day. I would definately recommend Table 24 to anyone who loves comfort food and down home good service. This was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This should have been betterMyrnaMDined on 5/10/2014We went to this restaurant for Mother's Day breakfast. It is a nice looking place and the staff was very welcoming. The meal was ordered and came fairly quickly however for the price you pay, the value was not much more than going to a Denny's. My husband ordered ham and eggs. The eggs were prepared as ordered but he was given two small pieces of ham that appeared to be deli sandwich ham. The sliced white bread was okay. I had ordered the special item which was a stuffed French toast type of item. It was tasty but there was supposed to be stuffed with peppers and sausage but there was probably about 4 pieces of sausage and very little green and red peppers. I had to order a side of chicken apple sausage to feel satisfied. I won't be back
- 24 reasons to go to Table 24V1ckwahDined on 5/1/2014Actually, just a few reasons. But the food was very good--some was great. Brussel sprouts with bacon, superb, fries topped with cheese bacon and green onions needed more green onions to be noticeable, but otherwise was amazing. My son had a burger and the bite I had alone was reason to go back. My fish tacos were good--not the best I've ever had, and probably wouldn't get those again, but good. Over all, a lovely birthday evening experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!SusieDined on 4/18/2014The hamburgers are incredible and the new chocolate dessert is amazing!Special Features:
- Lunch outside on a nice day ... !MarkSTDined on 4/14/2014Made reservations - helpful toward getting a table outside. Food delicious. Business meeting went on because everything was so pleasant. Service didn't hurry us in spite of our prime table. Umbrella shade appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat performancesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2014I have been to Table 24 many times. NEVER disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business Lunch!PerplexiaDined on 3/24/2014I took a business associate to lunch her. Perfect for this business-casual meeting. I arrived early and staff was polite and attentive. Pecan crusted goat cheese salad was perfect!Special Features:
- Alfresco Dining in OrindaBenthereB4VIPDined on 3/19/2014There were 7 in my party. We were seated outside and attended my MIke. The food and service were all very good. everyone liked their entrees and beverages. The menu is straight forward with portions that are right sized. Everyone ordered either a burger or sandwich. The bill was $175 including tip. A bit much for a sandwich and a beer or glass of wine but hey it i's ORINDA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lunch in OrindaBenthereB4VIPDined on 3/11/2014Table 24 is an unpretentious restaurant with a full bar. Their bloody Mary's are quite tasty. Their menu features "straight up and down" lunch food with sandwiches , wraps, specials and other traditional and comfort foods. Overall, it was nice experience. (1)Turkey " Gobbler Burger" and (1) Turkey wrap" (1) Bloody Mary (1) Flat Tire Beer and (1) House Chardonnay , and (1) cup of coffee was $51.00 excluding tip. Remeber this is Orinda and if you have to ask the price, don't dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good pricesTeamWDined on 1/28/2014Good service. We enjoy the food and so do our kids. We have the "littles" order from the "middles" so we can eat a piece of their fried chicken. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I go here when I am too lazyBondVIPDined on 1/18/2014I go here when I am too lazy to go to a real good place. The food is uninspired and presented without much care. It is acceptable but you would never tell a friend to go here for the food.
- Lunch outdoors is a plus ...MarkSTDined on 1/15/2014Waiter got out umbrella to shade us from bright sun. Good food and service - burger with salad, and guest had Cobb salad with chicken. Parking validated.Special Features:
- Best WaitressmariaDined on 1/9/2014We had the very best waitress that we've EVER had any where!! Made us really like the restaurent!! She even brought me a little taste of the soup to see if I would like it. (I did like it) Went for my husband's birthday and she made him up a little sundae with a candle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Wonderful!!KeiriDined on 1/4/2014Came here for brunch with my family for my birthday. The staff was great, had a great sense of humor with my 18 month old niece. Everyone was very accommodating, our beautiful waitress was very attentive to us, and as usual, the food was delightful!! I had the mushroom scramble and had to substitute the goat cheese for jack cheese, my husband had the bacon benedict, and the rest of my family, who were at Table 24 for the first time, more than enjoyed their breakfast pizza, breakfast burrito, chop salad, and sandwiches. Thank you Table 24 for a lovely birthday brunch!!Special Features:
- must have been fam night!HnlkennyDined on 1/3/2014Seemed like every table was at least 2A + 2 kids. Perfect, as we were same. Loud was okay. Good time as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Table 24DonnabellaDined on 1/2/2014This was my second time there this week! Needed an encore--the salmon, mashed potatoes and broccoli were delicious!! Our waiter, Jorson, was delightful and added to the enjoyment of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funky smell in restaurantPeeksDined on 12/20/2013food was marginal at best. Not a very exciting menu either.Special Features:
- Don't read here after 8:30PM1sttimestthespenceDined on 11/30/2013We had a reservation at 8:30 and the first thing the waiter said was "kitchen is closing in 15 minutes so you have to order fast." They rushed our food, still eating our salad when the main course was put on our table. Temperature inside the restaurant was freezing, as if they already shut down the heater. Food was ok but everything else was lousy. Will not be back here.Special Features:
- Great, as always!JenniferVIPDined on 11/23/2013First we were 12, then a cozy 10, then 8, and the staff took our dwindling numbers very much in stride. That's what I love about this little eatery, everyone who works there is happy, knowledgeable, flexible, and just nice. The wine list is small, but from my pov well chosen (some of my hard-to-find faves), the specials are always fresh and well-prepared, and the menu full of good dishes of all sizes. Splurging? You can have nachos slathered in cheese. Slimming? You can have a wonderful salad with grilled meat or fish. What more can you ask?!Special Features:
- OK placeNostromoDined on 11/9/2013Cheerful venue, service just fine, tables not crammed together. Unfortunately, food was just OK, not special. I had pizza; nothing about it would lure me away from Antica or Patxi's in Lafayette. Theatre Square is right on the edge of becoming a real success -- if all the restaurants just step it up a notch...Special Features:
- Family dinnerpapajmDined on 10/26/2013Took grandkids-very friendly staff, good menu for all ages, great burgers (buns a bit soggy).Special Features:
- Nice comfort food restaurantfoodieVIPDined on 10/19/2013Nice restaurant allowing early early dining before the dining crowd. Since our party was the only table being served received very attentive service. Complementary ample parking in the garage below the building was nice. Simple menu. Pricing was moderate. Ordered the Fish entrée which was quite good, but not worth the price. I had expected a larger portion of Salmon for $24.95. In the future I will ask the size of the entrée in ounces before ordering. Ordered one scoop of ice cream and received basically a sundae. Nice touch to end the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same menuEatalotDined on 10/6/2013We'd looked at their menu online for brunch and this must have been a really old one that wasn't updated because most of the dishes weren't on there. No doughnuts, biscuits, etc. I had to look at the restaurant sign several times to check that it was the same one I'd reserved. Otherwise, the food was fine but nothing really special. Good enough for a casual lunch.Special Features:
- Good food, service, but noisyLisaVIPDined on 10/4/2013Enjoyed a nice meal here. Met a friend for dinner on a Friday evening who I hadn't seen in a long time. Not really the place to "catch up," as we were surrounded on all sides by families with young kids...the place was packed with them including outside tables. My friend and I had to lean into our table to hear each other for the entire visit. Service was friendly and food good. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute restaurantPirategirlVIPDined on 10/2/2013Nice little spot near the Orinda Theatre. Food is tasty but a little loud insideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good burgersFormerOrindanDined on 10/2/2013I had a French burger which was topped with Swiss cheese and a fried onion ring. The burger was good. It came with sweet potato fries. I normally love sweet potato fries but these were a little too salty. Next time I will ask if they can hold the salt. One friend had French onion soup. She said it was very good. Another friend had an heirloom tomato salad with fresh mozzarella. She was disappointed in her salad and said the tomatoes had no flavor. It is a good casual restaurant and I'd definitely return for the burgers and to try the onion soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in OrindaKhatonVIPDined on 9/14/2013Table 24 is always a good reliable place to eat. The menu is varied but has everything both adults and kids would want. This was the first time we went for Brunch. It was a beautiful day and it was wonderful to sit outdoors. The eggs benedict had a great tasted the only thing was it came with something other than an English muffin. It made the Benedict different but not necessarily better.Special Features:
- Excellent brunch experiencedaffodil720Dined on 9/14/2013The service was friendly and inviting. Our server set up a table outside for our party of 10 because it was such a nice day. She was attentive and helpful and never made us feel rushed, even though we stayed for almost 3 hours. The scrambles were good, the French dip was good, the bottomless mimosas and coffees were great. I would definitely recommend this to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing visitDineOutOftenDined on 9/2/2013After having been to Table 24 a few times and had good meals, the last visit was a disappointment. The steak was small, underseasoned, and boring. The frites were thick cut and flabby. My husband's salad had too much dressing which ruined good ingredients. The wine list is small, but decent - over-priced with about a 250% markup..
- One of Orinda's bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/28/2013Great restaurant with solid food. The burgers are very good and the salads are some of the best I had. Don't forget the butterscotch pudding for dessert. Big table in the middle perfect for large groups. Works for friends and family gathering or business lunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.