782 Queen St. East
Toronto, ON M4M 1H4Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.table17.ca/
- Phone: (416) 519-1851
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: John Sinopoli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: At Table 17 Restaurant we offer a wide range of group menus that will suit all your needs. From cocktail style menus to five course tasting menus for any occassion.
- Private Party Contact: Erik Joyal 4165191851x
- Special Events: Sunday & Monday night $35.00 three course Prix Fixe menu & bring your own wine with no corkage fee....
A word from Table 17
Table 17 has been serving Queen St east since the spring of 2008. Located just east of Broadview in the heart of Riverside, Table 17 is a continental bistro with seasonally driven menus, inspired by some of the very best local ingredients Ontario has to offer. Since 2008 our commitment to service and quality has helped forge rewarding relationships with our guests and suppliers alike. If you’re looking for an inspired meal in a casually refined setting, look no further than Table 17.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContinental
Table 17 - Best Restaurants in Leslieville ›
Table 17 reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (43)special occasion (23)romantic (22)notable wine list (17)good for groups (13)hot spot (10)great for brunch (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Ya Gotta have the Hot Balls!kathycDined on 11/10/2013They do a bit of a tapas menu as well as full app./dinner--the hot balls are a collection of mushroom arancini to dip in tomato sauce, goat cheese stuffed to dip in honey -YUM, and lamb stuffed to dip in mint. There's an excellent and extensive wine list Service is fun and well-timedSpecial Features:
- great food deafening noiseconversationalistDined on 11/9/2013We went early in the evening, thank goodness. At that time the room was not quite full and we didn't have to yell to be heard. The food is fantastic but there were 3 of us and we were at the mercy of the largest group in the room. There are no soft services to absorb the noise and by the end of the evening I'm sure the waiter was hoarse. The food is great but I was sorry we didn't go somewhere just a bit quieter. Thinking I was maybe getting too old (60+) I asked my kids for their opinion and they too agreed that the food is exceptional but the noise level is uncomfortable. Don't hesitate to go but go as early as possible or as another friend suggested ask for the lone table in the room with the bar and you'll have a great time.Special Features:
- Queen St East...takes it up a notchricardoDined on 11/4/2013Table 17.... Went on Monday Night to celebrate a visit with family. Food was outstanding...home made pasta with Lamb Shank Sauce.... Wine List was good...not too broad...but very good choices. The server was "old school"....which is so refreshing...actually was concerned about our collective satisfaction. I will be back.....soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We thoroughly enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2013We thoroughly enjoyed the ambience and food of this restaurant. There were good vegetarian and fish options as we do not eat meat, the wine was very good and the dessert delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but ....Diner1Dined on 10/28/2013Had a very enjoyable meal with friends from out of town, but 3 factors detracted slightly from the experience. No complaints about the food or service, both were very good. However, the noise level was a bit too high, since the restaurant was full and there is not much in place for noise dampining. Also, we were a party of 3 and they squeezed us into a table for 2 which made it somewhat cramped. People don't always dine in even numbers so the restaurant needs to accomodate accordingly. Finally, the wine list needs some professional attention .... it is long enough, and has an appropriate array of price points, but the actual selections are only adequate (we had a bottle of white, and one of red ... both just o.k.).Special Features:
- Great for a special occasioncarriewlyDined on 10/26/2013Food took a while to come but it was delicious. Go if you are celebrating something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013Look forward to returning to try other menu items. All 4 of us enjoyed the experience very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!SybilDined on 10/21/2013The food at Table 17 is excellent, meticulously prepared, and delicious. The chefs really care about what they serve and the dishes are quite unique. Serving staff are knowledgeable and very helpful. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Owner present blues.PhaddieDined on 10/19/2013We have eaten here before and everything was great. This was not the case on our last visit. The owner was at a table with some friends and our server say much more intent on keeping him happy than us. Everything was delayed.
- Great Food & Terrible ServiceVinceVIPDined on 10/16/2013This isn't the first time to Table 17 but it might be my last. I can't fault the food. It was excellent. The Rainbow Trout and Halibut had delicious flavour combinations and so did the Kale Salad & Fresh Oyster. My only fault was that the servers were rather aloof and uninvolved. Even when the restaurant wasn't busy they were noticeably absent. I had to serve my own wine - really. We had mention when we made reservations it was a Birthday and there wasn't an knowledgement. So when we left I mention it to the Manager and he did say "yes" they knew about it, then he asked if we had dessert and I said "No" and he told me if we did they would have put a candle in it... now that's pretty lame! If you don't have service you have nothing!Special Features:
- Great Spot!jjc25Dined on 10/5/2013Food, service and overall experience was great. This was my 2nd time dining at Table 17 and I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Very Good Food- Loud RestauranttrevorDined on 10/5/2013We enjoyed our meal, my only complaint was that the room was so loud we could barely hear our server. The ambience was romantic, but the noise level counter balanced that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe it was an off night2little2lateDined on 10/5/2013Maybe it was an off night but the service was slow, bartender was slower and the mains were overpriced, overcooked. Won't be back.
- Good night outDaveDined on 10/4/2013This is a great local restaurant. Really good food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an absolute pleasure.MilyBeanDined on 10/2/2013Always an absolute pleasure. Great food, wine, atmosphere. One of the best spots in the citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!SnuggleBunnyDined on 10/2/2013loved our waitress, Carrie - fun, and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnergreenDined on 10/1/2013The food was delicious and the servers friendly and knowledgeable. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlwaysleslievilleiteDined on 9/30/2013Table 17 serves up a meal that is always interesting and beautifully balanced in taste and presentation. My go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to homeHilclintonDined on 9/29/2013Sunday night, appreciated the prix fix menu and no corkage fee. Server responded beautifully when we three objected to the table for two at the door. First she promptly brought us complementary glasses of wine and then moved us to a larger table, still in the front room, which we preferred. Lower noise level in the first room allowed us to talk while we enjoyed the very good cuisine. The beet salad and chowder starters were most creative. The trout, the haddock and the steak met expectations. And the desserts, delicious. Thank you for a great affordable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and fantastic serviceBpsoucyDined on 9/26/2013One of my favourite spots. Great menu and consistently succulent dishes. Very attentive, friendly and unpretentious service. Would recommend in a heartbeat. My spouse and I go regularly and never get tired and are never disappointed. Great ambiance and décor as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- apps and sides out-do the mainsllebeerDined on 9/25/2013this was our second time dining at Table 17 and we were equally pleased the second time around. we had a TravelZoo coupon for our meal, which included 2 apps, 2 mains and 2 sides. i loved my burrata salad and my husband really enjoyed his tartare. we each had a fish dish for the mains - my halibut was under-seasoned and my husband's fish was fine, not mind blowing. the sides were great - the potato mash with duck fat was lick the bowl delicious and the broccolini was FULL of flavour. we had some drinks as well and really enjoyed the Caribbean something or other with rum (Caribbean Orchard?) we were too stuffed to even consider dessert. will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lamb & BurrataDanielDined on 9/24/2013Ordered the leg of lamb, burrata salad, and hot balls. The lamb was exceptional. The burrata dish had a lot of variety of flavours, including dabs of this almond (?) paste, highly recommend. Loved two of the hot balls, the lamb risotto one and the goat cheese/honey one. The third was ok. After dinner we shared a cheese plate, great selection of hard and soft cheeses and some honeycomb. Overall I very much recommend this place. It was quiet enough to have a conversation and staff were friendly. The only thing I found odd was that bread was given out one piece at a time by the server with tongs. We were given a basket with the cheese plate, would have been nice to have that at the beginning too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was fantastic!KellyFTDined on 9/19/2013Our server was fantastic! Food was great- overall great experience. Will be going back.Special Features:
- Travelzoo DealKaedDined on 9/19/2013Staff were wonderful. Made sure we got the full value of our dining deal. Food was delicious. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Overall a great experienceTOFoodieDined on 9/18/2013The food was spectacular. The service was extremely friendly but not over-the-top. The seating just slightly uncomfortable due to proximity of tables. The cost was a bit high (2 apps, 2 sides, 2 entrees, 1 bottle wine, good tip = $200)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Dinnertenten54Dined on 9/12/2013This is a great cozy restaurant with top notch food. A small concentrated menu of dishes. Really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table for 6CanoeDined on 9/11/2013Had my birthday celebration there. Everything was perfection except for our server. She couldn't even crack a smile. Yeesh! Otherwise, amazing food and great ambience. We had the beef tartare and duck contfi with peach tart for dessert. Simply sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh on QueenEasternCentristDined on 9/8/2013Dined at Table 17 with my wife and another couple on Sunday. It was fine...but that's it. I had been looking forward to trying it for some time and was hoping for more than just "fine". Halibut was great, steaks were nothing special, appetizers and dessert were good but nothing really popped for any of us. Service was pleasant and friendly but quite slow. It appeared they were maybe one person down that night as it was full and the three people we saw out front could not keep up. Loved the view onto Queen Street though as they have big front windows so it was bright and everybody facing that direction had a nice view. Overall it was fine but we (wife and I) have no need to go back...lots out there to try. ECSpecial Features:
- Tasty food but priceyHadAGoodTimeDined on 9/4/2013As the title says, the food was quite good but I felt the prices were high for the amount you were given and for the ambience of the restaurant. I had an okay meal but with so many other great restaurants in this city I do not see myself going back here.
- Tuesday dinner crowdPTAMGDined on 9/3/2013Great ambiance, nicely busy but not overcrowded on a Tuesday night. Our server was attentive if hard to hear at times for one of our party of 3. Food was excellent. Portion sizes were perfect - not oversized. Meat (duck, lamb, and steak) done to perfection. Food arrival was slow. We sat around 7:30, ordered by 7:45, mains came out 8:50. Apps somewhere in the middle. Menu size is appropriate for the size of the restaurant and quality - not massive but with 6+ choices for apps and mains. It's my 3rd visit and I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not GreatMOIMEMEDined on 9/1/2013So.... The ambiance at Table 17 is extraordinary. However, the service was really lacklustre. My server was completely disinterested in serving and, while polite, did the bear minimum required of his job. BTW....it was not a busy night and he had ample opportunity to engage and enhance the experience at the restaurant. In terms of the food, I ordered the halibut which was completely overcooked and hard. The broth was amazing but the fish was not really edible. The dessert - blueberry/lemon panacotta - was excellent but it came a little too late in the meal/experience. Anywho, good restaurant but not somewhere I will be eager to venture back to any time soon. For real.
- way too hotmikeDined on 8/30/2013We went to table 17 and were very surprised by the lack of AC. We were pouring sweat throughout thew entire meal .... Thus we rushed our experience. The food was ok but portions were very small.
- trendy spot could be betteroutfordinnerDined on 8/29/2013appetizers delicious. Mains: so-so - pasta passable, steak way too tough. For the price, there are better neighbourhood spots in Leslieville.
- great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2013From the delicious food to the great service, this was a great dining experience. Our stuffed zucchini flower appetizer was soooo tasty and was a nice contrast to the charcuterie platter we also ordered. The mains were both healthy portions. I was stuffed at the end. Great atmosphere. Music on in the background was not too loud or distracting and helped with the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely birthday mealAnitabDined on 8/27/2013My friends and I greatly enjoyed our dinner.mthe gazpacho was different and delicious a and the steelhead trout was outstanding. The decor is relaxed but lovely . I will be back.Special Features:
- This was my third visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/24/2013This was my third visit to table 17 and it was the busiest I've ever seen it. Service was quite on the sluggish side but our server was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. Took at least 15 minutes after we seated for the server to come by to get our drink order, another 15 minutes for our wine and 30-40 minutes between first and second course. Food was yummy and very well presented - not a whole lot to choose from though. We left feeling like we should stop for a burger on the way home. Lastly, dinner for 3 with a bottle of wine and a couple cocktails was over $300. I'm not afraid to pay for a good meal but I was surprised when I got the bill. Of course we'll go back, but was just surprised by a few things this time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2013This little restaurant packs a big punch. The food was excellent, the service made us feel like we were the only ones there (it was packed) and the wine was phenomenal. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/20135:30 pm res on Sunday. We are regular customers and the food has never disappointed. Our appetizers were very good but mains were very disappointing (a first for us!). We both ordered fish. I ordered the halibut ($5 surcharge) and my son ordered the trout. Both fish dishes were ridiculously overcooked! I informed the waitress and asked if there was a different chef in the kitchen. She said that the chef was away and she would inform the kitchen. We have been served at least a dozen times by the same server in the past 6 months. We were still charged an extra $5 for the Halibut (the money was not an issue, but given the fact that we are regular customers I was shocked). We still left our usual 25% tip but will be reluctant to return.
- Excellent meal. for 3 of us.GourmandDined on 8/17/2013Excellent meal. for 3 of us. The Halibut was somewhat bland The waiter forgot our frites. We will likely return when we want a good meal in a pleasant atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurantWestonDined on 8/17/2013I really enjoyed this simple yet elegant restaurant. A lot of detail was put into making the ambience quaint. The staff are very professional and helpful. The alcohol menu is extensive. Specifically their wine list. The oysters were very fresh. Wish we had ordered more. The polenta with meatballs freshly served at our table was delicious. Thief beef tartar is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.