782 Queen St. East
Toronto, ON M4M 1H4Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.table17.ca/
- Phone: (416) 519-1851
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: John Sinopoli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: At Table 17 Restaurant we offer a wide range of group menus that will suit all your needs. From cocktail style menus to five course tasting menus for any occassion.
- Private Party Contact: Erik Joyal 4165191851x
- Special Events: Sunday & Monday night $35.00 three course Prix Fixe menu & bring your own wine with no corkage fee....
A word from Table 17
Table 17 has been serving Queen St east since the spring of 2008. Located just east of Broadview in the heart of Riverside, Table 17 is a continental bistro with seasonally driven menus, inspired by some of the very best local ingredients Ontario has to offer. Since 2008 our commitment to service and quality has helped forge rewarding relationships with our guests and suppliers alike. If you’re looking for an inspired meal in a casually refined setting, look no further than Table 17.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContinental
Table 17 - Best Restaurants in Leslieville ›
Table 17 reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (43)special occasion (23)romantic (22)notable wine list (17)good for groups (13)hot spot (10)great for brunch (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/9/2014We went with friends and throughly enjoyed the delicious food and the attentive service as well as the ambiance. This was our first time at this restaurant and we look forward to going back for another enjoyable meal. Thanks for creating such a special restaurant by having great food, a nice ambiance and wonderful staff.Special Features:
- Always goodhidgemVIPDined on 11/1/2014Have been here several times keep coming back the food has always been excellent the lamb is always a favourite, service is excellent friendly and very knowledgable about the menus hintful about the best for the evening. Overall excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked my experience...TorontoGuyDined on 10/25/2014I really enjoyed my evening, it's a bit "pricey" but the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful local restaraunt!ASRQVIPDined on 10/14/20142nd time and it was as good if not better than the first time. The lamb was outstanding....and the cauliflower! so different and memorable. Will go back again for sure.Special Features:
- dark and loudTOdinerDined on 10/8/2014It started off well with a very attentive server and delicious glass of wine, but as much as I love candlelight it was way too dark in the restaurant to the point that we had a hard time reading the menu. As well, by mid-meal the noise level was such that my companions and I had to shout to be heard. It was great that the place was busy, but maybe something could be done with the accoustics (?)
- Come back? Definitely!2silverseniorsfromtorontoDined on 10/5/2014We were very pleased with our choice. We will definitely be back. Outstanding wait staff. Well balanced flavours, excellent presentation. No corkage charge. A super bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureMikeDined on 10/4/2014I visit every few months and really enjoy this place. I usually know what I'm going to get but sometimes they have nice surprises on the menu or something special for the night. Our server was very nice and made a slight error when seating us and to correct it, he offered us a complimentary glass of sparkling wine. Nice touch, that's why I keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with friendsLovegoodfoodandwineDined on 10/1/2014First time at the restaurant - with some dear friends. Service was impeccable and super friendly. Wine by the glass selection was limited, but some delicious options. The food was good and atmosphere very warm and inviting. Would recommend for any type of foodie (not vegan).Special Features:
- JohnKDined on 9/20/2014The menu is fairly limited, but the food is great. The trout had nice crispy skin, which I've never come across before. The beef was cooked just to our liking. Warning to vegetarians: there's not much for you here. Service was very attentive. A nice place.Special Features:
- Perfect date night, deliciouis foodcjmarkusfeldDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant was billed as a great date place and it did not disappoint. Attentive (but not pushy or rushed) service - the waiter shook our hands on the way out and invited us to come back. His menu recommendations were delicious. We shared a squid ceviche in a luscious sauce. I had the beef tartar and my partner had the risotto, both tasty with fresh ingredients. Dessert was an awesome dark chocolate torte. The venue is cozy; a tiny bit more room would have been perfect. Would definitely return!Special Features:
- Always Great!JanetDined on 9/20/2014We love this restaurant for both brunch and dinner. The choices change seasonally and they are always great. Service is also a plus.Special Features:
- Snobby waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014The food, ambience was great, unfortunately out waitress was very snobby and impatient with us,,, kinda made us feel we were an inconvenience ,,,Special Features:
- Still our favouriteHeybeerguyDined on 9/19/2014Never disappoints. Service, food, ambiance and wine are always fantastic! New menu is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findKphjrVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was delicious and different from the norm! We did the chefs menu and selected a couple of great wines. Worthwhile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem.JacqDined on 9/10/2014Leslieville residents, I hope you continue to support Table 17 because both the food and the service are excellent. From the fried zucchini blossoms to the Cheese Boutique cheese plate, it was even worth a drive from the other side of the Don...Special Features:
- Table 17 Gastronomic Delight!cindylouhooDined on 9/9/2014I am never disappointed when I dine at Table 17. On this occasion we selected the appetizer of zucchini blossoms stuffed with ricotta cheese and lighter than air batter with a hint of lemon, absolutely heavenly! My dinner partner was craving steak, so we had the only one on the menu, the 24 ounce rib-steak, which we thankfully split. I still have leftovers! The meat was perfectly cooked and melted in our mouths. Our other guests had pasta dishes which were gobbled up in no time. The wine selection is ample and offers a great variety. I am so lucky to have this gem in my neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic experienceallthegoodfoodpleaseDined on 9/2/2014A amazing little gem! Unpretentious, relaxing atmosphere; our server was well-informed, friendly, and unobtrusive; and the food was just phenomenal. The lemon risotto was the highlight of the night, creamy and light and full of flavour. Also big winners were the fried artichoke appetizer and the trout. We were there early in the evening so it was pretty calm and easygoing in the place, can't speak to how loud or bustling it gets later at night. A definite winner for a special occasion dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighbourhood nightoutfivetogoVIPDined on 9/1/2014Table 17 was one of the few restaurants that was open Labour Day in Leslieville so we were happy to be fed especially with the quality of the food they offered. The artichoke fritters were amazing and were given to us on the house because by the time we got there at 8:30 they were sold out of two of their limited menu offerings so we had two left to choose from. We tried to reserve our desserts from the fixed price menu and even then found they were out of our choice. Still the ambience was terrific and I look forward to going back to enjoy their regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet. Great Food.NeighbourhoodGemDined on 8/17/2014Quiet. Quiet. Quiet. A restaurant in which you can have a conversation without having to shout across the table! Than would be more than enough these days to get five stars - but the food was great and the service was professional, attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- AMAZING!OliveGardenArsonistDined on 8/1/2014Three words...GO OFF MENU. They offer family style 5-course portions that absolutely rule. Put your trust in the chef, he knows what he's doing. Every item they bring you has purpose. From the Oysters, to the risotto, to the paired wine....Table 17 is the bomb! No longer do I need to go to Dundas westSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDined on 7/30/2014Great Service! Our Waiter was so friendly and gave great recommendations. I'm not a 100% lover of French food; however liked every dish (although nothing really blew me away - that might just be me) The entire experience was very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good deal. Diamond in the rough.LocalCriticDined on 7/28/2014This restaurant has potential. The $35 prix fixe with no corkage fees on Sun/Mon is definitely a good deal. The appetizer and the main were delicious, but the dessert was bland and disappointing. The service was friendly but forgettable, especially since our server seemed to forget everything we ordered. She came back to our table at least four times to ask things like, "You said you wanted your steak medium-rare, right?" The tables are also crammed together a little bit too tightly.Special Features:
- Lovely MealjudeDined on 7/27/2014Went for a special meal on Sunday with their set menu and it surpassed expectations. $35 a person and we brought our own wine from our collection so it was very affordable. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 731 reviews are from the Table 17 reviews archive.
- great food and servicePearlDined on 7/24/20142nd time visited this restaurant..service and foods both great...definitely wil come back again...Special Features:
- A delight on Queen Street EastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We discovered this gem through a friend. The barn walls, farm table and low light were complemented by excellent service and an innovative, daily menu. I would strongly recommend Table 17 if you're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressivebyowyes2Dined on 7/14/2014I look forward to returning to Table 17. I'd heard many good things and was not disappointed. I love the pre-fix menu options and the BYOW policy on Sunday and Mondays. I think this is an excellent strategy for getting a taste of a restaurant without having to go all in....But NOW I MUST..... Looking forward to seeing the entire menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner at Table 17GoodfoodloverDined on 7/8/2014It was a pleasure to eat at this restaurant. All of the meals for our party of seven- appetizers, main course, dessert, drinks- we're excellent. A rare experience in the restaurant scene. Well blended intense flavours that were interesting but not bizarre. The chef knows his stuff. Our waiter also added to the pleasurable experience. He was very friendly, patient and helpful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014Service was good. We have been to Table 17 a few times. This time we were very disappointed in the food. We all had steak - we each took a couple of bites - asked to have it wrapped. We did take it home but didn't eat it. The fries were good but came barely warm. Dessert was good. As this was a birthday celebration, needles to say not happy this time. Sarah
- Creative cuisineNancyVIPDined on 5/24/2014Our salads were so beautifully presented and fresh they were practically jumping off the plate, with the ramps and fiddleheads having been gathered by restaurant staff from an owner's farm. My husband's mushroom pasta dish was outstanding. My scallops entree was excellent, albeit a bit skimpy, in my opinion (consisting of 2 medium-sized scallops). Sides of Brussels sprouts and kale were very good. Server was very knowledgeable and professional. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014We love this restaurant. The room has that Montreal feeling--high ceilings, elegant but a little rustic. But the food is sensational. Everything is creative, local and fresh, and perfectly executed. The wine list is excellent, and the waiters actually know everything about it. Better yet, you can order a glass of wine from the bottles they do not sell by the glass. It is a great opportunity to sample some exceptional wines. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Continental BistroJohnf1961VIPDined on 5/19/2014This continental bistro served up very nice table d'hote on Sunday evening. Everyone in our party enjoyed the 3 course dinner, and the corkage free BYOW promo that evening. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Consistent great services.RickStarVIPDined on 5/18/2014This is our second time visiting Table 17. The first time was for two people and the second time it's a group of five. Both experiences were pleasant. The restaurant ambiens is quaint and romantic for couples and at the same time is vibrant for a group setting. Lovely evenings for both instances. And absolutely love the BYOW idea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family style menuRonFoodieVIPDined on 5/13/2014Great concept! Daurade was grilled to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service - Table 17OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Our review is that we left without eating. Our reservation for two was for 8:45 pm, the place wasn't even full, yet we weren't seated till 9 pm. We were then ignored for another 15 minutes (ie no water, no wine, NOTHING. The waiter (?) didn't apologize at all. We left and went to Skin and Bones instead where we had a great dinner as always. Never coming back.
- Excellent service and foodNightOutDined on 4/26/2014Our waiter was knowledgeable, friendly and fun. While the food was fantastic -- the roasted Brussels sprouts with the bacon and maple vinaigrette were savoury, sweet and crunchy -- having a laid-back, articulate server like the one we had really makes the night. Unfortunately, we didn't get his name, but he was approximately 35, had a background in English lit and has been working at Table 17 for at least a couple of years (we've had him before). Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryHelenDined on 4/19/2014Service was incredibly slow. Food was good particularly the steak and the sticky toffee pudding was amazing.... But poor service and mediocre ambiance didn't make up for it
- The Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2014It's been a long time since we've had such an amazing meal in a restaurant. Four of us went. We are all foodies and so hard to impress. We were impressed! And the service was impeccable. Didn't catch his name.... Awsome server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful find in LeslievilleInternationalfoodieDined on 4/17/2014We went to Table 17 for the first time. it was the first night of the new menu and it was great. We had terrine and the ceviche, followed by the pasta with sides of brussel sprouts and kale. Everything was first rate.Special Features:
- Still going strongDerekDined on 4/11/2014Hadn't been to Table 17 for about a year. Must go more often. Really fantastic on all fronts. The polenta app and mushroom pasta are highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was really good! We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Food was really good! We were with some" downtown" friends and the food far exceeded our expectations for a neighbourhood resto. The duck confit was especially well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.