782 Queen St. East
Toronto, ON M4M 1H4Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.table17.ca/
- Phone: 4165191851x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: John Sinopoli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: At Table 17 Restaurant we offer a wide range of group menus that will suit all your needs. From cocktail style menus to five course tasting menus for any occassion.
- Private Party Contact: Erik Joyal 4165191851x
- Special Events: Sunday & Monday night $35.00 three course Prix Fixe menu & bring your own wine with no corkage fee....
A word from Table 17
Table 17 has been serving Queen St east since the spring of 2008. Located just east of Broadview in the heart of Riverside, Table 17 is a continental bistro with seasonally driven menus, inspired by some of the very best local ingredients Ontario has to offer. Since 2008 our commitment to service and quality has helped forge rewarding relationships with our guests and suppliers alike. If you’re looking for an inspired meal in a casually refined setting, look no further than Table 17.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContinental
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Table 17 - Best Restaurants in Leslieville ›
Table 17 reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (28)special occasion (20)romantic (20)good for groups (9)notable wine list (9)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Quiet. Great Food.NeighbourhoodGemDined on 8/17/2014Quiet. Quiet. Quiet. A restaurant in which you can have a conversation without having to shout across the table! Than would be more than enough these days to get five stars - but the food was great and the service was professional, attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- AMAZING!OliveGardenArsonistDined on 8/1/2014Three words...GO OFF MENU. They offer family style 5-course portions that absolutely rule. Put your trust in the chef, he knows what he's doing. Every item they bring you has purpose. From the Oysters, to the risotto, to the paired wine....Table 17 is the bomb! No longer do I need to go to Dundas westSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDined on 7/30/2014Great Service! Our Waiter was so friendly and gave great recommendations. I'm not a 100% lover of French food; however liked every dish (although nothing really blew me away - that might just be me) The entire experience was very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good deal. Diamond in the rough.LocalCriticDined on 7/28/2014This restaurant has potential. The $35 prix fixe with no corkage fees on Sun/Mon is definitely a good deal. The appetizer and the main were delicious, but the dessert was bland and disappointing. The service was friendly but forgettable, especially since our server seemed to forget everything we ordered. She came back to our table at least four times to ask things like, "You said you wanted your steak medium-rare, right?" The tables are also crammed together a little bit too tightly.Special Features:
- Lovely MealjudeDined on 7/27/2014Went for a special meal on Sunday with their set menu and it surpassed expectations. $35 a person and we brought our own wine from our collection so it was very affordable. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicePearlDined on 7/24/20142nd time visited this restaurant..service and foods both great...definitely wil come back again...Special Features:
- A delight on Queen Street EastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We discovered this gem through a friend. The barn walls, farm table and low light were complemented by excellent service and an innovative, daily menu. I would strongly recommend Table 17 if you're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressivebyowyes2Dined on 7/14/2014I look forward to returning to Table 17. I'd heard many good things and was not disappointed. I love the pre-fix menu options and the BYOW policy on Sunday and Mondays. I think this is an excellent strategy for getting a taste of a restaurant without having to go all in....But NOW I MUST..... Looking forward to seeing the entire menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner at Table 17GoodfoodloverDined on 7/8/2014It was a pleasure to eat at this restaurant. All of the meals for our party of seven- appetizers, main course, dessert, drinks- we're excellent. A rare experience in the restaurant scene. Well blended intense flavours that were interesting but not bizarre. The chef knows his stuff. Our waiter also added to the pleasurable experience. He was very friendly, patient and helpful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014Service was good. We have been to Table 17 a few times. This time we were very disappointed in the food. We all had steak - we each took a couple of bites - asked to have it wrapped. We did take it home but didn't eat it. The fries were good but came barely warm. Dessert was good. As this was a birthday celebration, needles to say not happy this time. Sarah
- Creative cuisineNancyVIPDined on 5/24/2014Our salads were so beautifully presented and fresh they were practically jumping off the plate, with the ramps and fiddleheads having been gathered by restaurant staff from an owner's farm. My husband's mushroom pasta dish was outstanding. My scallops entree was excellent, albeit a bit skimpy, in my opinion (consisting of 2 medium-sized scallops). Sides of Brussels sprouts and kale were very good. Server was very knowledgeable and professional. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014We love this restaurant. The room has that Montreal feeling--high ceilings, elegant but a little rustic. But the food is sensational. Everything is creative, local and fresh, and perfectly executed. The wine list is excellent, and the waiters actually know everything about it. Better yet, you can order a glass of wine from the bottles they do not sell by the glass. It is a great opportunity to sample some exceptional wines. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Continental BistroJohnf1961VIPDined on 5/19/2014This continental bistro served up very nice table d'hote on Sunday evening. Everyone in our party enjoyed the 3 course dinner, and the corkage free BYOW promo that evening. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Consistent great services.RickStarVIPDined on 5/18/2014This is our second time visiting Table 17. The first time was for two people and the second time it's a group of five. Both experiences were pleasant. The restaurant ambiens is quaint and romantic for couples and at the same time is vibrant for a group setting. Lovely evenings for both instances. And absolutely love the BYOW idea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family style menuRonFoodieVIPDined on 5/13/2014Great concept! Daurade was grilled to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service - Table 17OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Our review is that we left without eating. Our reservation for two was for 8:45 pm, the place wasn't even full, yet we weren't seated till 9 pm. We were then ignored for another 15 minutes (ie no water, no wine, NOTHING. The waiter (?) didn't apologize at all. We left and went to Skin and Bones instead where we had a great dinner as always. Never coming back.
- The following 720 reviews are from the Table 17 reviews archive.
- Excellent service and foodNightOutDined on 4/26/2014Our waiter was knowledgeable, friendly and fun. While the food was fantastic -- the roasted Brussels sprouts with the bacon and maple vinaigrette were savoury, sweet and crunchy -- having a laid-back, articulate server like the one we had really makes the night. Unfortunately, we didn't get his name, but he was approximately 35, had a background in English lit and has been working at Table 17 for at least a couple of years (we've had him before). Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryHelenDined on 4/19/2014Service was incredibly slow. Food was good particularly the steak and the sticky toffee pudding was amazing.... But poor service and mediocre ambiance didn't make up for it
- The Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2014It's been a long time since we've had such an amazing meal in a restaurant. Four of us went. We are all foodies and so hard to impress. We were impressed! And the service was impeccable. Didn't catch his name.... Awsome server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful find in LeslievilleInternationalfoodieDined on 4/17/2014We went to Table 17 for the first time. it was the first night of the new menu and it was great. We had terrine and the ceviche, followed by the pasta with sides of brussel sprouts and kale. Everything was first rate.Special Features:
- Still going strongDerekDined on 4/11/2014Hadn't been to Table 17 for about a year. Must go more often. Really fantastic on all fronts. The polenta app and mushroom pasta are highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was really good! We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Food was really good! We were with some" downtown" friends and the food far exceeded our expectations for a neighbourhood resto. The duck confit was especially well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food that hits the mark, every timeChrisDined on 3/30/2014Been going to Table 17 for years, it is absolutely one of my favs. The food is consistently fantastic, hits the mark each time--not one person in the table of eight had any issues. The service is impeccable and the atmosphere perfect. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so goodmozartmikeDined on 3/28/2014This was our 4th or 5th time there. We were celebrating our 17th, so where else but Table 17? Had the scallops. Gorgeous. Waiter told us menu is changing soon. I already miss the rice balls. All courses were delicious. The only area for improvement is it would be nice to see more variety in the wine list, esp. white. Like all restaurants, lots of Chardonnay, but no Chablis. We'd have been willing to spend more than the average price offered for something really nice. Settled on the more expensive Pinot Grigio which was pretty unremarkable. But really, it's still a great restaurant. Friendly food-knowledgeable staff. We've met the chef who is really terrific. Did I mention how good the scallops were? Super looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Good prix fixe on SundaysHankDined on 3/23/2014I've eaten at Table 17 quite a lot over the years as it is conveniently located and the food very good. The scallops are excellent and so are many of the sides (we had the brussel sprouts). My "fair" service rating is just for the incredibly slow service that we experienced... a first for me there, but worth commenting on as dinner took a full 3 hours to complete and we waited almost 40 minutes for our main dishes. The restaurant was very busy (which was great), it is just too bad they didn't get the food out a little more quickly. Worth trying their staple dessert (Sticky Toffee pudding) and the steak frites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table for 2Table42Dined on 3/23/2014I made a last minute reservation and they were very accommodating. They gave us one of the best seats in the house. The server was excellent. Very friendly and offered suggestions. Beautiful restaurant. Excellent quality of food. I did not eat a lot; just a salad and scallops but my friend had the steak frites and loved it. We also had wine suggested by our server and it was amazing. I would definitely go back. Can't wait to try more of their menu.Special Features:
- Great but for space and patronsvariable03Dined on 3/22/2014Most of the food was outstanding, above all the pasta with a variety of mushrooms and the duck confit. However, the chocolate dessert was very disappointing, basically the bottom of a teacup full of cold chocolate buttercream frosting. Service was great and friendly, and the restaurant accommodated a special request very graciously. Unfortunately, an occupational hazard of a small restaurant is that the tables are frequently too close together for my comfort. This becomes an issue when you're sitting next to a diner with quite possibly the world's most annoying voice "OH. . . MY. . . GOD!" , and behind you is another diner crowing to a large table about his "$650 shoes".I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014Great atmosphere, great food, great drinks and great service - good choice of food with perfect balance of different & unusual dishes and the good old classics (steak tartare, steak frites) and some lovely starters for sharing. We had to wait a little while before our table booked for 20:45 was ready, but staff went out of their way to find us a spot at the bar to have a drink before dinner, and everyone apologised profusely for making us wait for what was only a little while. Waiter was great, very efficient and friendly, and made the effort of finding out and writing down the details of their various drink suppliers. If you're looking for a great meal in a casual and relaxed environment, you really cannot go wrong with Table 17.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Food. AppetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014Disappointing Food. Appetizer was very bland, Pasta dish swimming in oil and servers had attitude. Had been excited to try this restaurant as had heard great things about it, but we would not go back.
- Never disappoints!FeegmanDined on 3/11/2014We have been going to Table 17 for years...always warmly welcomed and treated to great food and drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our reservations were forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Our reservations were for 6:45 and we arrived closer to 7:00p.m. Our waiter (red head with the cap) announced that we would be required to vacate our table by 9p.m. I was surprised by this and I should have asked if it was because we were slightly late, but we were not pushed out and we left by 9:30p.m. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the food and the unique wine list which impressed the whole table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodWindsorgirlDined on 3/6/2014Table 17 was recommended and absolutely lived up to my hopes. Our party had duck confit, a pasta dish and scallops along with soup and sides. All were outstanding. It was casual but they take their food seriously. I would highly recommend and don't forget dessert! The pasta was one of the best meals I ever had and the cappuccino panna cotta was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014We absolutely loved everything about this restaurant. The food was superb, as was the service. The staff were very helpful and friendly without being intrusive and obsequious. (I hate when the wait staff introduce themselves by name and then say, "I will be your server, this evening." - Well I guessed that when you showed us to our table and presented us with menus!) No one at the restaurant did this, thankfully. When my partner expressed an interest in one of the wines, which she has not been able to find and purchase, the waiter wrote out the name and the email address of the purveyor and presented it to her - really going above and beyond. Dining here was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was very goodkitcatDined on 2/26/2014The service was very good and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top choice near the Distillery1967PontiacGTODined on 2/22/2014Table 17 offers excellent food and service in a casual, bistro-type setting on Queen Street East. The shared polenta appetizer is an absolute must. They also offer an interesting cocktail list, and a good variety of wines by the glass. The scallops I had as a main course were outstanding, and my friend thoroughly enjoyed the duck confit. This has become my place to dine before attending performances at Soulpepper in the Distillery DistrictSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itvalentine2014Dined on 2/14/2014Had a wonderful, perfect Valentine's dinner at Table 17. Food was absolutely delicious and service was warm, personal and efficient. The staff were very knowledgeable about the menu, ingredients, wine list and neighbourhood. A perfect night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day 2014MRSRDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I went for dinner to Table 17 on Valentine's Day. They had a prix fixe menu for $60 pp which was great value for the quality of food, service and overall experience. The food was delicious, our server was very attentive and friendly and the ambiance in the room was warm and invitng. Add a well written cocktail and wine list and it was a great night! We would certainly come back and recommend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly hits some missesTodinerDined on 2/13/2014The interior is very cute and romantic. French farmhouse vibe. Ordered the polenta as I had heard great things and was disappointed. Gritty and the venison topping was underseasoned and underwhelming. The scallops were outstanding, perfectly cooked and the flavours were perfectly balanced. Ordered the poached pears for dessert. They were hard and I needed a knife to eat them, which is not how they should be. The gingerbread it came with had nice flavour but was very dry. I really enjoyed the mascarpone it came with. Wine was delicious and our server was very knowledgeable and attentive. I would definitely go back for the scallop dish but order other items otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leslieville "Find"BillDined on 2/9/2014Not quite sure how it is that I haven't heard of this lovely little restaurant before: quality food in the French bistro style, Sundays and Mondays BYOW with a $35 Table d'Hote. Service was friendly, unpretentious and perfectly timed. Great steak frites that were done exactly as ordered. Would fit in nicely in the 6th arrondissement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to the recommendation!satisfactionDined on 2/8/2014We were two couples who all were pleased with the food, ambience and friendly service. We will return and bring others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.