118 E. Main St
Lake City, SC 29560Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.table118.com/
- Phone: 8436999289
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Southern, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Chef Carlos Brown
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Table 118
Table 118 is upscale wine bar and eatery, specializing in French-influenced Southern cuisine. Our menus range from exotic and game meats to traditional dishes, prepared with only the finest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Table 118 - Best Restaurants in Lake City ›
Table 118 reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)special occasion (4)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)fit for foodies (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- This was place was horrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We placed our reservation through opentable. They accepted our reservation and when we arrived there was a handwritten note on door that said they were closed. We drove 45 minutes for this dinner - me and my wife. After lamenting to friends about our terrible experience we have heard at least 4-5 other similar stories of dissatisfaction. I will never return there again.
- Restaurant was closedNoneDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I booked a table online. We received a confirmation email. We hired a sitter, got ready, and drove from pamplico to find the restaurant closed. There was nothing mentioned about this on the website. Very poor customer service. This would have been our first visit to table 118.Special Features:
- CLOSED!!!DifraleyDined on 7/17/2014Hate review considering we never got to actually eat here. It was our 15th anniversary. Made reservation on open table. Drove 30min only to find a sign on the door they closed until July 22. Need to let open table know. Will submit review based on good later. If we get to eat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2014Wanted somewhere different to celebrate our anniversary and we were really pleased with our choice.Drinks, food, and service were fantastic and we will definitely be going back. Well worth the trip from Florence.Special Features:
- QueentutDined on 6/24/2014The restaurant is like finding gold when panning. Will definitely dine there again. The prices are excellent! The restaurant was not busy but the wait time for the food was long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT addition to Lake City!teresahsVIPDined on 6/14/2014I am thrilled that there is a find dining restaurant near our river house in Kingstree! We will definitely dine at Table 118 again!Special Features:
- Food great, service lackingdgelcid91Dined on 5/30/2014My wife and I made time for a quiet dinner for the two of us. I ordered the lamb chops and my wife the steak. The atmosphere was nice and we could carry on a conversation very easily since only three other tables were filled. When the food came to the table it was all messed up. If you cannot remember the order when you get to the kitchen, then write it down! They quickly got it right but if they had been busy, I am not sure they could fix the problem so quickly. The food was great but the service was lacking. I had seen the reviews and after eating there they are accurate about the service. My wife and I have decided that we will try Table 118 again. We enjoyed our food but will know to have reserved expectations about the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with friendsColumbiaBIGDined on 5/1/2014We had very little wait time. They accommodated us by putting tables together. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful. Food was very good and beautifully presented. We were not rushed,nor did we wait long for food.Special Features:
- The following 41 reviews are from the Table 118 reviews archive.
- Awesomeness!HiddengemDined on 4/29/2014This was one of the best meals my husband and I have had in a long time...service was great...very attentive!Special Features:
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2014Wait staff seem to be overwhelmed. We waited 10-15 minutes for water. Finally asked for water, than had to ask if we could get our drinks ourselves from bar which we had ordered when we sat down and still did not have. Food ok. Sandwich bun warm on bottom cold on top It is a darling little place, but food and wait staff have long way to go!Special Features:
- Nice menu, food just OKvillefoodieVIPDined on 4/26/2014We ordered duck breast & lamb chops, medium rare and both came out nearly raw. Flavors were OK, but nothing very special. Noting that this restaurant is in a very small town, it was OK--would not survive in a larger city.Special Features:
- Upscale in townFrequentOpenTableUserVIPDined on 4/25/2014We dined in the rear on the outside patio, which was very unattractive. Try to get inside. Food was excellent, but be sure to ask about pricing on specials. I spent $65 on a 24 ounce bone in cowboy rib eye. The good news there was enough to share; at least they did not charge for the split! Other than that, I'd have rated it outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about serviceRegularDined on 4/5/2014I have eaten at 118 several times and each time I am amazed that the service gets worse. Food was cold to warm, waiter didn't have a clue and he has been there since they opened. We had reservations early, but there was a large party going on in the restaurant area- so we ended up in the bar area- not a problem. Fritters with appetizer were not cooked properly, inside was liquid. Entrée was luke warm when delivered. Until I hear the service has improved, I will not return. I can't recommend this place to anyone right now. And Lake City really needs this to be a successful restaurant, but they are running out of chances.
- One Hour Eighteen Minutes=118LocalDinerDined on 3/13/2014Took one hour and fifteen minutes for food to arrive. Very disappointed.
- Cool vibe, great food!LakeCityFoodie86Dined on 2/14/2014Love the friendly vibe and the food is great. Go when you can relax and not stress over how long the food takes. Just relax and enjoy. Dedrick is great, too, and takes care of everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Good ExperienceGojackDined on 2/14/2014The service was great. The atmosphere was very relaxing. The food was real good I just wish dessert had been better to leave me with something to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service should be betterRegularDined on 1/10/2014I have eaten there often. Food has always been very good. However, the wait staff is awful. They are unorganized, slow bringing cocktails and seem to forget when you ask for minor things. Management could a lot better. But I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeCraigDined on 12/17/2013Had the ribs. We're tasty but were dry and needed more BBQ sauce. Would have been nice if portion of side veg eatables were larger. Seemed like just a few bitesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A NEW FINDscbeachbumDined on 11/15/2013It's all about the food! The shrimp and grits were great!! The wine list was extensive and affordable. A relaxed atmosphere. A great place to bring another couple because you can actually carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was outstanding andfoodieDined on 11/14/2013The food was outstanding and enjoyed by everyone. The wait staff was personable and attentive. The food came out sporadically and there was major confusion with bills. Our party would return and was not put off by the service, but we do feel it is an area the restaurant needs to work on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Every TimeFlotownVIPDined on 11/2/2013I'm happy for this restaurant and for Lake City that it's really coming into its own! Solid menu and wine list. A server named Mave (not sure I spelled it right) who is a real gem, and a friendly yet sophisticated atmosphere. Worth a little trip from Florence as far as I'm concerned. Treat yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New PlaceSankyDined on 10/29/2013I have dined there twice and both experiences have been very good. I would highly recommend it to anyone within a 30 to 40 minute drive. The downtown area has improved also and there are some nice shops as well as the new Bean Market with art, etc. New place for those who are looking to get out of town.Special Features:
- Beautiful sitescslimDined on 10/18/2013Table 118 is a beautiful renovation of an old downtown location. Food and wine prices are a bit high for a Lake City restaurant. (9.00 for a glass of wine and most entrees are $25.00 and do not include sides or salad) Our server was inexperienced. She wrote my order down, and then had to come back and ask me again what I had ordered. I appreciate having a nice spot to visit in Lake City to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect date nightTMacDined on 10/18/2013The staff is extremely welcoming and friendly. Our server, Logan, went above and beyond. Every dish is absolutely fabulous! Make sure you get the fried green tomatoes appetizer, it's out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good start, bad endLuvgoodfoodDined on 9/13/2013The host was very welcoming! The waitress was awful- asked if we wanted to order appetizers first before drinks, served the salad (all but one, brought it much later). The salad beautifully presented. . She was more concerned with making sure everyone had water than anything else. One of us didn't take but two bites of their steak and all she said was "are you done"? The host came over every 10-15 minutes to check on us, it felt really creepy. There was a guy that came by and remembered that it was my moms birthday and brought two slices of cake to share, that was a nice touch! Wish we had more of him. The lobster tail was good, the shrimp/grits good, the grouper was okay, the special was not as described.Special Features:
- My husband and I chose TablehappycamperDined on 9/4/2013My husband and I chose Table 118 for our anniversary dinner. It was wonderful! The food was amazing and the service was exceptional. I had eaten lunch at Table 118 shortly after it opened and was impressed with everything but the service. I was happy to find that the staff has now been properly trained and the service is up to par with the other first class features of the restaurant. We will be putting Table 118 on our favorites list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a better reviewcoldshoulderDined on 9/3/2013I had great expectations for this place. We went once with a large group and had great food and great service. The last time we went, my wife and I were alone on a Tues and had some problems....There were no specials available as advertised, the salads were premade and not worth the 8-10 dollars per plate, the meal was paced poorly, the hot appetizer (scallops) came out the same time as our salads...the wine was good...the entree (prime rib and lamb) were so heavily sauced that the flavors got muddied. My concern is that while we were dining there the chef was hosting a tasting and we felt that we got the cold shoulder...would consider trying this place again....but our bill was way too high for the mediocre quality we received.Special Features:
- 4 stars with a bulletFlotownVIPDined on 8/23/2013A really nice meal. Portions were plentiful, bar drinks were well made, wine list was fine. The servers are a bit green, but more than made up for it in eagerness and attention. We're glad we made the trip from Florence. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table 118 Lake City SCLC7SCDined on 8/7/2013A great place too dine . The food was very good and the service was outstanding . The restaurant inside was very nice and had a warm feel about it. I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too long......missglouDined on 8/3/2013It took 30 minutes to get the two drinks, which were ordered at the bar for the couple that arrived at 7pm......then, another 20 to order our drinks at our table, and another 20 min for those drinks. Then, we ordered, but weren't sure we ordered, as the waiter did not ask how the food was to be cooked, ie. rare, med, well. Had to re-confirm everything, as didn't want it all cooked wrong.....that took time to get the waiter back at our table, confirm. Dinner took 3+ hours.....it's a good thing we had good company! Food was just OK.
- 2nd VisitNiceDined on 7/17/2013The food is really delicious. Chef Carlos is a gem. However, the service on this trip was lacking. The server never asked for our drink orders. They made sure our water glasses were always full, but never asked if we'd like to order a drink. On this visit there were more people in the restaurant which affected the timeliness of our order coming out. But overall, we enjoyed it. And the key lime cake was tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Good and the OKlovefinediningDined on 6/18/2013After eating in restaurants around the world I have some good and some OK comments about the food. I had the lamb and my wife had the Ribeye. Both were cooked perfectly. My lamb was delicious, the best I have ever had. My wife's Ribeye was only average and honestly she could have gotten the same steak at a much cheaper restaurant. The sides were tasty except for the mashed potato's which were too stiff and apparently designed to hold up the steak for presentation. For the price the quantity of food could have been greater, my side of spinach was literally one bite, but the spinach was so good that I wanted more. We will be back though, the lamb was so good if other dishes are as good then we will be happySpecial Features:
- We enjoyed Table 118 and willOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2013We enjoyed Table 118 and will visit again. The fried chicken and the shrimp and grits for Sunday Brunch were great!!Special Features:
- Big time food in small townoutreachDined on 6/15/2013The food and service were great. I have travelled around the world and remember all the great restaurant experiences. This is right up there. Typically you would drive for hours and only hope that the food, atmosphere, and service were reasonably close to what Table 118 has accomplished. Chef Carlos has really topped my chart. Can't wait for the next visit. Can't find anything on the menu that would not be highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just What I Expectedfood4meDined on 6/15/2013Great find for a small town. Not the usual at all. Friendly staff. There were not a lot of people so we got good attention for our visit. A little more expensive than what you would normally find for this area. For a special treat we loved it. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Fabulous Shrimp & GritsNiceDined on 6/12/2013When my bowl came out with that rich and dark looking gravy, I got excited and told my husband that this is about to be good. And it was delicious. Hubby had a seafood medley dish that included pasta and a wonderful sauce. We plan to go back as soon as possible. Maybe one day this week.Special Features:
- An Big City Vibe in a Small TownFineDinerDined on 6/1/2013We really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere of the restaurant! We definitely will be back for a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!DinerDudeDined on 5/18/2013Table118 is a fabulous restaurant with great food and atmosphere! The service is excellent also. My spouse and I will definitely return over and over again to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!dawgDined on 5/14/2013The beet salad is excellent. It is served with a ball of fried goat cheese that just makes the salad over the top. We also had the grouper which was cooked to perfection and delicious! That was our second time there, and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Not enough space to list problemsExperiencedDinerDined on 5/10/2013No host to be seen.Tables were too small and too close together. Table was set incorrectly. Salad was brought out, then appetizer was brought out minutes later. 45 minutes later entree was brought out. Waitress could not reach back side of table. Waitress handed us everything. Timing of food presentation was poor. Pork chop was burnt. Steak was ordered medium rare. Cooked to well done and crispy, burned exterior. Waitress asked about our meal, we told her of the very over cooked steak. Manager inquired about steak and offered another, but it was respectfully declined. Paid full price for everything. Manager stepped outside to address concerns. I voiced all of my concerns and he seemed to somewhat care. Were out of chicken and asparagus.