361 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (212) 334-4043
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday:
Lunch-11:30 am - 3:00 pm
Dinner- 4:00 pm - 10:45 pm
Lunch-11:30 am - 3:00 pm
Dinner 5:00 pm - 12:30 am
Saturday: 5:00 pm - 12:30 am
Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:45 pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Tablao
Vibrant tapas, cuisine and a festive atmosphere. Come join us for some tasty tapas, whiskey tastings and live fun!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tablao reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (15)romantic (14)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)notable wine list (6)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- MehShoegirlnycDined on 11/6/2014Was super excited to try this place after reading all the great yelp reviews. I was especially looking forward to the Paella but what I got was not that great at all! The mark of a good paella is the "burnt" rice at the bottom of the pan this had not on that yumminess . It just tasted quite ordinary and not that memorable . The 3 of us barely ate any of it because it was so lackluster and underwhelming. The salad was majorly boring and my vegetarian friend didn't even really eat it. The service was great and the drinks were good albeit expensive for the amount of pour they give. I was really hoping this would be my new spot since I live so close it.Special Features:
- Good, should be greatAndiamoVIPDined on 11/6/2014Gorgeous design and lighting. Nice menu, with some clever small plates and full main dishes. We just wanted the Paella to be more authentic. It was tasty, but the rice needs to be crispy at the bottom. Was hoping they'd go there, but it is not 'authentic' paella. It comes out too quickly, meaning they are not taking the time paella needs.Special Features:
- Average service, average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014There's nothing really bad about Tabloa, but nothing that isn't far better elsewhere, particularly at this price point. Service? Remote and disjointed. We ordered several things that never came (though remained on the bill). The buzzers raced around and took plates without permission, wiped the table without permission, basically making us feel pushed out. Food? Completely ordinary tapas, small portions, yet priced high. Anyway, we'll go elsewhere for good food and service.
- A piece of Spain in - NYCFeedMe2Dined on 10/18/2014If your looking for Tapas, Drinks and a touch of Spain. Stop by and Taste for yourself. Everything on the Menu looked amazing and delicious. Sangria was just right not too sweet! Definitely will be revisiting! Service was also very Attentive and Super Friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than expectedKarenA64Dined on 10/12/2014We were looking for a new, special place in our neighborhood, TriBeCa, to take a friend for her birthday. This was a delightful surprise. The decor was really fabulous (I wanted to steal the placemats), the staff was friendly and accommodating - But not the most seasoned- eg, I asked for a quiet table and they sat us away from the music but then sat a huge loud family right next to us when there were other options. The food was delicious. We had a few tapas, separate entrees and shared dessert -- all were winners.Special Features:
- Great tapas and flamenco!ImissSpainDined on 10/10/2014Great spot for tapas. I have ordered the Sea Bass entree but it was a bit disappointing. The tapas are all delicious and very well served. Get there for flamenco on Fridays 7-10pm.Special Features:
- What a great surpriseFoodhunterVIPDined on 10/4/2014I was expecting a typical brunch, but it is not the case. The place is gorgeous and the food was very good too! Service was attentive and gave very good tipsSpecial Features:
- Great fun!JladinesVIPDined on 10/3/2014Went on date night for a lovely dinner and ended up there for hours, eating delicious tapas, drinking great wine, and enjoying live Spanish flamenco musicians and dancers. Like being escorted off to Grenada for the evening. Lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- honestlyDined on 10/2/2014All tapas food was much too salty. The Paella had salty but well prepared seafood. However the rice was very mushy and obviously overcooked. Curiously the paella arrived in a pan that had a coating of smokey soot, as if it was exposed to fire. The dining room is long and narrow adjacent to a very long bar. With all the highly echoic materials used (glass, wood, steel, etc.) the noise level from the bar was very prominent. It seemed to be getting a bit quieter as we were leaving at 9 PM. You might call this a "vibrant bar scene", but I would prefer not to dine near screaming, intoxicated people. This is even though I was as far from the bar ( only about 15 feet!) as possible.Special Features:
- If you are into tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/27/2014Chorizo, mushrooms expanding as we're all very well prepared and tasty A great place to sample a variety of tapas in a very well designed, romantic space Service attentive and welcoming Another good find in Tribeca with reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great AmbianceJimmyDined on 9/20/2014I chose to come here based on the reviews that the tapas were great and that service was good. Tablao did not disappoint. Initially I thought this was only a tapas restaurant but they had a few dinner entrees as well. Order the stuffed mushrooms, the meatballs, and the steak (nothing more than medium) - thank me later. The food was fantastic and the ambiance is nice and perfect for date night. Drinks range from 10-15, Apps - 12-15, entrees 25-40. Worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spanish restaurantEliseDined on 9/13/2014Such a great dinner between friends before going out. We had the tuna tapas and the pulpo were delicious. I really enjoyed the design and the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeFoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food, excellent service, live music. Great find with a beautiful decor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was fantastic!TribecaFoodieDined on 8/23/2014As a resident of Tribeca for over 30 years, I've seen my share of restaurants come and go, and Tablao is a fabulous and perfect addition. I love tapas and the menu is extensive and varied so get ready to sample! My choices were the pink shrimp which were perfectly cooked in garlic, sea salt, white wine; pollo (chicken) which was sautéed in a sauce with cumin - the flavor was incredible; but the dish that stood out in my opinion, being a seafood lover, were the mussels cooked in white wine, butter and chorizo. A truly perfect dish, the mussels were juicy and plump. My mother, who doesn't eat mussels, loved them so much, she ate half mine! The owner, Frank, selected a full bodied dry white wine that was perfect! We will be regulars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!MsMagalyVIPDined on 8/22/2014My sisted is visiting from Florida and she LOVES Flamenco from her student years in Seville Spain. I was searching for a great Flamenco place and this is it. The BEST, best tapas, great service, outstanding Flamenco. I am definitely coming back to Tablao. WELL DONE!Special Features:
- Good tapas and entertainmentJohnBVIPDined on 8/20/2014The food was quite good and the staff friendly. But what really made the meal special was the Flamenco performance. Tablao does this on Wed and Fri nights from 7-10. I didn't know about it until I got there but the guitar player/singer and dancers were very good and highly entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TablaoRed1922Dined on 8/11/2014Incredible food, very romantic, top notch customer service. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, not great.FrequentDinerNYCVIPDined on 8/4/2014Due to the positive reviews on Open Table my boyfriend and I went for dinner. The food was tasty but portions were small compared to other restaurants that serve tapas. Service was okay, not great. Ambiance is pretty, cozy and romantic. IMO the restaurant's best attribute. Parking across the street cost $34 for 1.5 hours. We are not rushing to return to this restaurant when there are far better options on NYC.Special Features:
- Great serviceCuttsyDined on 8/2/2014We had 3 small plates and shared a paella. Artichokes with Parma ham in a red wine gravy, didn't taste of much. Mussels and spicy sausage, didn't really like the flavours of the broth and the paella was very dry and sticky and the seafood didn't look or taste like it had been cooked with the rice. It's a shame as the service was excellent some of the best I've had in the 3 years living in NYC. But we wont be back as the food just isn't very good :-/
- Terrific Tasty Tablao TapassimbriDined on 8/2/2014Shrimp and octopus tapas were super fresh and succulent; chicken with a cumin-infused sauce and meatballs with a delicate tomato sauce were scrumptious! Definitely going back. Will order Churros for dessert next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With the exception of.........Fine2dineVIPDined on 7/25/2014As far as the food , nothing beats the excellently prepared tapas choices ! Never disappointed with food, drinks and Sangria. However, the Flamingo dancers are an intrusion because the restaurant is not large enough to accommodate the extremely loud stomping of these talented performers. Best left for a larger place at the other end of a large room, diners can't hear themselves think !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 27 reviews are from the Tablao reviews archive.
- World Cup Game - Definite MissnycrunnerVIPDined on 7/13/2014We were told they would not hold our table due to an overflow of reservations so to arrive with our party as early as possible. After rushing to get downtown to be early... three people were seated at the bar & only one table dining at the restaurant. A grand total of three tables dined during the last World Cup game. We were annoyed but figured at least we would get great service. Unfortunately we had to ask for water refills and we had to correct our order - twice. Sangria was spilled on the table by the waiter. It was a complete miss and to top it off the food presentation was nothing like our prior visits. The brunch looked thrown together, lacking both visual appeal & taste.
- Any night But WednesdayFine2dineVIPDined on 6/18/2014As always, the food was outstanding and service impeccable. However, offering Flamingo Dancers might be great for some , but if you are not into loud stomping music, I would go any night but Wednesday. Anyway, we will certainly keep on coming because we love love love the food!Special Features:
- Our Spot.TommyCDined on 5/31/2014We are locals and love this restaurant. Every choice a delight. Visited four times in the last four months. Consistently awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TapasSerabiDined on 5/31/2014I saw this restaurant reviewed on some television channel and I just had to go... it did not disappoint.. we orders plates & plates of Tapas... all of which were wonderful... I would definitely go back!!!Special Features:
- Nothing excitingfoodiezhangDined on 5/5/2014This was my first time here and found the place on Yelp. I chose Tablao because the reviews and pictures seemed pretty nice. Made a reservation thinking they might be busy, arrived and it was completely empty. There was only 1 other table and it remained empty until we left. The flavors in each dish was nothing special. Almost no flavor really. Chorizo was stiff. I would recommend this place just for a cocktail with friends, as it is a nice place. I wouldn't go back for the food. Kind of unexpected for TriBeCa! :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food only okay and expensiveSkigirl16Dined on 4/23/2014As someone who lives in the neighborhood it was pricey for an average dinner out. Although the food was okay, I did not think it was anything special. The service was pleasant and the flamenco dancing certainly added to the ambience, but it made it difficult to talk.Special Features:
- Decent prices for the locationtorocolombianoDined on 4/19/2014Great place for dinner. The ambiance and the service was very nice. The food was pretty good too. My dinner date and I ordered shrimp in garlic sauce and grilled octupus for starters. We shared the churrasco dinner. It was delicious. We also had a pitcher of red sangria. The sangria was a generous amount and amazing for the price. I would definitely return to Tablao.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and good tapasDorisDined on 4/4/2014We ordered appetizers, dinner, sangria and desert. The waiter was very nice and attentive. The appetizer was excellent but the paella wasn't that great. Generally the paella should be on the soupy side but the rice was soupy and clumpy. A lot of the rice was stuck to the pan. The sangria was very strong but the waiter went back to bar and had them fix it. We had the chocalate cake for desert. That was very good. Over all we enjoyed ourselves but their paella needs work.Special Features:
- Great TapasMicpepVIPDined on 3/29/2014Staff was very friendly. We were seated as soon as we arrived which is not the norm for NYC restaurants. The tapas were outstanding, the larger plates were good but not as good as the tapas. Three different types of sangria and you receive a pretty impressive glass size. Would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ambiancechristianwqDined on 3/21/2014Went for dinner on a Friday and got the surprise of live music and traditional flamenco dance. We only tried the Tapas and the Sangria but it was up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/20/2014Very fun! Great place to share a lot of Tapas and enjoy the Sangria. The service was excellent. We were there on a Thursday night on the late side (after a show) so it was not crowded. Nearby table was a little too enthusiastic but otherwise it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for tapas and sangrianyerfamVIPDined on 3/13/2014The entrees are strong too, but there's more variety in the tapas and Pinchos. Particularly good at the head-on Langostinos and the Chicken villaroy Sangia is made table-side and comes in3 varieties. The Paella was filled with top-quality seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific tapas restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/8/2014Terrific tapas restaurant with wonderful, friendly service! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/6/2014Tablao is among the best tapas restaurants I have been. The food is great. I need to be back to try other tapas in the menu.Special Features:
- Flamenco band and dancer onOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/19/2014Flamenco band and dancer on Wednesdays. Nice but way too loud. Couldn't hear my friend across a small table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had to call 5X to get guidancePickyEaterDined on 2/14/2014I had to call 5X to get guidance to get there and no one can tell me. Just a bad beginning.
- It was OKAY4thoseWhoDineOutVIPDined on 2/7/2014Went on a Friday night surprisingly not crowded. Food was okay a little pricey for what it was. Wouldn't run back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!!FoodieVIPDined on 1/3/2014Tablao is a great addition to the neighborhood - we've been here twice already! We went on a big snow evening so it was quiet but there were still more people than I expected. The food is really great. The Paella was filled with lots of seafood-they didn't skimp! (thank you). It was really tasty! We had a mix of Tapas and I can confirm they were ALL tasty - from the Fried Calamari - to the Tuna Ahi to the Potato Bravas. I had the Sangria which was large, fruit was full of alcohol, and it was soooo tasty. I would definitely be back and definitely recommend. The service was top notch too.Special Features:
- hidden gemsd921VIPDined on 12/28/2013Great experience! The sangria is a MUST try - not to sweet and the way they make it with a full bottle of wine poured on top of fruits already drenched in liquor was perfectly delicious! Not to sweet, but a fuller body sangria experience. We shared a 6-7 tapas the seafood salad w/ avocado and an entree through out the course of the night. Most memorable - mushrooms and garlic, chorizo, spanish octopus, and the ahi tuna. The staff was super attentive and helpful. Wish we had saved room for dessert - next time I guess! A must try, the bar looks fun as well for happy hour. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.