361 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2123344043x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday:
Lunch-11:30 am - 3:00 pm
Dinner- 4:00 pm - 10:45 pm
Lunch-11:30 am - 3:00 pm
Dinner 5:00 pm - 12:30 am
Saturday: 5:00 pm - 12:30 am
Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:45 pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Tablao
Vibrant tapas, cuisine and a festive atmosphere. Come join us for some tasty tapas, whiskey tastings and live fun!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tablao reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (8)late-night find (8)fit for foodies (8)romantic (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (4)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Dinner was fantastic!TribecaFoodieDined on 8/23/2014As a resident of Tribeca for over 30 years, I've seen my share of restaurants come and go, and Tablao is a fabulous and perfect addition. I love tapas and the menu is extensive and varied so get ready to sample! My choices were the pink shrimp which were perfectly cooked in garlic, sea salt, white wine; pollo (chicken) which was sautéed in a sauce with cumin - the flavor was incredible; but the dish that stood out in my opinion, being a seafood lover, were the mussels cooked in white wine, butter and chorizo. A truly perfect dish, the mussels were juicy and plump. My mother, who doesn't eat mussels, loved them so much, she ate half mine! The owner, Frank, selected a full bodied dry white wine that was perfect! We will be regulars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!MsMagalyVIPDined on 8/22/2014My sisted is visiting from Florida and she LOVES Flamenco from her student years in Seville Spain. I was searching for a great Flamenco place and this is it. The BEST, best tapas, great service, outstanding Flamenco. I am definitely coming back to Tablao. WELL DONE!Special Features:
- Good tapas and entertainmentJohnBVIPDined on 8/20/2014The food was quite good and the staff friendly. But what really made the meal special was the Flamenco performance. Tablao does this on Wed and Fri nights from 7-10. I didn't know about it until I got there but the guitar player/singer and dancers were very good and highly entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TablaoRed1922Dined on 8/11/2014Incredible food, very romantic, top notch customer service. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, not great.FrequentDinerNYCVIPDined on 8/4/2014Due to the positive reviews on Open Table my boyfriend and I went for dinner. The food was tasty but portions were small compared to other restaurants that serve tapas. Service was okay, not great. Ambiance is pretty, cozy and romantic. IMO the restaurant's best attribute. Parking across the street cost $34 for 1.5 hours. We are not rushing to return to this restaurant when there are far better options on NYC.Special Features:
- Great serviceCuttsyDined on 8/2/2014We had 3 small plates and shared a paella. Artichokes with Parma ham in a red wine gravy, didn't taste of much. Mussels and spicy sausage, didn't really like the flavours of the broth and the paella was very dry and sticky and the seafood didn't look or taste like it had been cooked with the rice. It's a shame as the service was excellent some of the best I've had in the 3 years living in NYC. But we wont be back as the food just isn't very good :-/
- Terrific Tasty Tablao TapassimbriDined on 8/2/2014Shrimp and octopus tapas were super fresh and succulent; chicken with a cumin-infused sauce and meatballs with a delicate tomato sauce were scrumptious! Definitely going back. Will order Churros for dessert next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With the exception of.........Fine2dineVIPDined on 7/25/2014As far as the food , nothing beats the excellently prepared tapas choices ! Never disappointed with food, drinks and Sangria. However, the Flamingo dancers are an intrusion because the restaurant is not large enough to accommodate the extremely loud stomping of these talented performers. Best left for a larger place at the other end of a large room, diners can't hear themselves think !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World Cup Game - Definite MissnycrunnerVIPDined on 7/13/2014We were told they would not hold our table due to an overflow of reservations so to arrive with our party as early as possible. After rushing to get downtown to be early... three people were seated at the bar & only one table dining at the restaurant. A grand total of three tables dined during the last World Cup game. We were annoyed but figured at least we would get great service. Unfortunately we had to ask for water refills and we had to correct our order - twice. Sangria was spilled on the table by the waiter. It was a complete miss and to top it off the food presentation was nothing like our prior visits. The brunch looked thrown together, lacking both visual appeal & taste.
- Any night But WednesdayFine2dineVIPDined on 6/18/2014As always, the food was outstanding and service impeccable. However, offering Flamingo Dancers might be great for some , but if you are not into loud stomping music, I would go any night but Wednesday. Anyway, we will certainly keep on coming because we love love love the food!Special Features:
- Our Spot.TommyCDined on 5/31/2014We are locals and love this restaurant. Every choice a delight. Visited four times in the last four months. Consistently awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014I saw this restaurant reviewed on some television channel and I just had to go... it did not disappoint.. we orders plates & plates of Tapas... all of which were wonderful... I would definitely go back!!!Special Features:
- Nothing excitingfoodiezhangDined on 5/5/2014This was my first time here and found the place on Yelp. I chose Tablao because the reviews and pictures seemed pretty nice. Made a reservation thinking they might be busy, arrived and it was completely empty. There was only 1 other table and it remained empty until we left. The flavors in each dish was nothing special. Almost no flavor really. Chorizo was stiff. I would recommend this place just for a cocktail with friends, as it is a nice place. I wouldn't go back for the food. Kind of unexpected for TriBeCa! :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 22 reviews are from the Tablao reviews archive.
- Food only okay and expensiveSkigirl16Dined on 4/23/2014As someone who lives in the neighborhood it was pricey for an average dinner out. Although the food was okay, I did not think it was anything special. The service was pleasant and the flamenco dancing certainly added to the ambience, but it made it difficult to talk.Special Features:
- Decent prices for the locationtorocolombianoDined on 4/19/2014Great place for dinner. The ambiance and the service was very nice. The food was pretty good too. My dinner date and I ordered shrimp in garlic sauce and grilled octupus for starters. We shared the churrasco dinner. It was delicious. We also had a pitcher of red sangria. The sangria was a generous amount and amazing for the price. I would definitely return to Tablao.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and good tapasDorisDined on 4/4/2014We ordered appetizers, dinner, sangria and desert. The waiter was very nice and attentive. The appetizer was excellent but the paella wasn't that great. Generally the paella should be on the soupy side but the rice was soupy and clumpy. A lot of the rice was stuck to the pan. The sangria was very strong but the waiter went back to bar and had them fix it. We had the chocalate cake for desert. That was very good. Over all we enjoyed ourselves but their paella needs work.Special Features:
- Great TapasMicpepDined on 3/29/2014Staff was very friendly. We were seated as soon as we arrived which is not the norm for NYC restaurants. The tapas were outstanding, the larger plates were good but not as good as the tapas. Three different types of sangria and you receive a pretty impressive glass size. Would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ambiancechristianwqDined on 3/21/2014Went for dinner on a Friday and got the surprise of live music and traditional flamenco dance. We only tried the Tapas and the Sangria but it was up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/20/2014Very fun! Great place to share a lot of Tapas and enjoy the Sangria. The service was excellent. We were there on a Thursday night on the late side (after a show) so it was not crowded. Nearby table was a little too enthusiastic but otherwise it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for tapas and sangrianyerfamVIPDined on 3/13/2014The entrees are strong too, but there's more variety in the tapas and Pinchos. Particularly good at the head-on Langostinos and the Chicken villaroy Sangia is made table-side and comes in3 varieties. The Paella was filled with top-quality seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific tapas restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/8/2014Terrific tapas restaurant with wonderful, friendly service! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/6/2014Tablao is among the best tapas restaurants I have been. The food is great. I need to be back to try other tapas in the menu.Special Features:
- Flamenco band and dancer onOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/19/2014Flamenco band and dancer on Wednesdays. Nice but way too loud. Couldn't hear my friend across a small table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had to call 5X to get guidancePickyEaterDined on 2/14/2014I had to call 5X to get guidance to get there and no one can tell me. Just a bad beginning.
- It was OKAY4thoseWhoDineOutVIPDined on 2/7/2014Went on a Friday night surprisingly not crowded. Food was okay a little pricey for what it was. Wouldn't run back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!!FoodieVIPDined on 1/3/2014Tablao is a great addition to the neighborhood - we've been here twice already! We went on a big snow evening so it was quiet but there were still more people than I expected. The food is really great. The Paella was filled with lots of seafood-they didn't skimp! (thank you). It was really tasty! We had a mix of Tapas and I can confirm they were ALL tasty - from the Fried Calamari - to the Tuna Ahi to the Potato Bravas. I had the Sangria which was large, fruit was full of alcohol, and it was soooo tasty. I would definitely be back and definitely recommend. The service was top notch too.Special Features:
- hidden gemsd921VIPDined on 12/28/2013Great experience! The sangria is a MUST try - not to sweet and the way they make it with a full bottle of wine poured on top of fruits already drenched in liquor was perfectly delicious! Not to sweet, but a fuller body sangria experience. We shared a 6-7 tapas the seafood salad w/ avocado and an entree through out the course of the night. Most memorable - mushrooms and garlic, chorizo, spanish octopus, and the ahi tuna. The staff was super attentive and helpful. Wish we had saved room for dessert - next time I guess! A must try, the bar looks fun as well for happy hour. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotJitcunninghamDined on 12/26/2013TablaoI was nice with good attentive service ( I like that he mixed our Sangria at the table) and had an interesting menu. Not a lot of choices if u are GF but I appreciate they were attentive to my needs. My friends chicken dinner was very good and very generous in size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerVickyDined on 12/21/2013The food and service was amazing. We were impressed with how fresh the seafood was. The waiters were also extremely attentive. We also recommend the sangria which had the wine poured at the table. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service a little slow maybe.becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013Service a little slow maybe.becausethe place was full...but I will be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely and spirited new spot.ctltribecaVIPDined on 12/14/2013lovely and spirited new spot. The cuisine needs attention. Wednesday and Friday Flamenco is terrificI would recommend this to a friend.
- crowded, loud and TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/8/2013We hadn't ever tried Tablao and it is listed as American food. it's not. It's Spanish & Tapas. First surprise. Second: we were seated by a table with two kids despite an empty bank of tables. I asked to move down b/c we were looking for date night not kids, and they moved us down one - then seated ANOTHER family with kids right beside us. Why would anyone do that? The waitstaff was absent. Took half an hour to get menus. When food at last came it was good but it was an hour into our time in this incredibly noisy, tile-walled place. Go very late and expect to text rather than speaking. Food is good. Sangria is generous.
- Even betterMtizzleVIPDined on 11/1/2013We went frequently to this space before ownership changed. However now it's even better. The new chef owned establishment brings great touches in food ambiance and service that didn't exist before. I live in the neighborhood so I always appreciate service that makes me feel welcomed. Our waiter was very friendly but in a very authentic way. I felt like he enjoyed his job and was dedicated to Tablao's success. The food and wine were expertly prepared and delicious. They were accommodating of my vegetarian requirements. The music was great. In the previous restaurant it was too loud. New decor is really beautiful. I'll be back and with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, tasty, tasty.F1MikalDined on 10/25/2013Apparently only open for 2 weeks. Loved the food. The music was perfect BUT was way too loud. Had a nice crowd with table and bar patrons, we were party of four and we felt like we had to make an effort to talk to hear each other. It didn't ruin our dinner but it was too loud for no reason (maybe because there is minimal fabric to absorb the high frequencies). Back to the food. Tasty. As in, REAL tasty. Good and simple. The grilled shrimp could've stayed on the open fire just a little longer to get the fire flavour but still was good. Simple selection of wines. You cannot get a better value meal in Tribeca. The four of us, with 2 bottles of wine, and lots of plates, just over $200. I look forward to returning there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it just opened. excellentblondieVIPDined on 10/18/2013it just opened. excellent servcie. food very good also. the place is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.