Tabla de Los Santos
210 Don Gaspar Avenue
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tabla de Los Santos
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tablasantafe.com/
- Phone: (505) 992-6354
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Tuesday-Saturday 7:00am - 11.00am; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2.00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00PM Closed on Mondays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Tabla de Los Santos
At Tabla de Los Santos it is our mission to offer Contemporary American Cuisine of the highest quality with a focus on seasonal flavors. We strive to acquire organically grown ingredients for our creations including the freshest fruits and produce from local Santa Fe and New Mexican Farms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Tabla de Los Santos - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Tabla de Los Santos reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (23)special occasion (21)neighborhood gem (17)romantic (17)great for outdoor dining (16)great for lunch (9)good for groups (8)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Superb!DBABQVIPDined on 11/8/2014We've eaten here before but it was a while ago and a couple friends had been wanting to try it so off we went! I had the filet mignon, Mrs had the lamb and both of us (and our friends) thoroughly enjoyed all the food. Meat was cooked perfectly and the sides (mine was spinach and potato gratin) were just right. Great drinks from the attached lounge/bar (called Secreto) as well.Special Features:
- Excellent surpriseMugsyVIPDined on 11/5/2014We were having difficulty getting an evening reservation and ended up at la tabla. Food was excellent. We had the vegetarian dish as well as the pork chop, which was huge and delicious. The beet salad was huge with large portion of beets. Presentation was beautiful. Would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Great DinnerSantaFeDinnerDined on 11/2/2014Food, service and all wonderful. However, I had a cup of tea after dinner for which I was charged $4.00! For a tea bag you can buy at the grocery store. Really!?!Special Features:
- It's a winner!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/30/2014When I needed to organize a dinner for a group of 8 on short notice, I selected Tabla. It was perfect for us. There were enough price points and variety on the menu to satisfy everyone. The food and service were excellent. We particularly enjoyed the ambience (feel of the space, lighting, acoustics). It was nice to be able to hear what was being said at the other end of the table when we wanted to. I wish we had discovered it earlier in our visit to Santa Fe.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014I thought the food was presented well and the flavors were superb! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in Santa Fe's Old PlazaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014We couldn't get into Pasquale's for lunch one Saturday without a hour wait. What to do? Fire up the iPhone and find something close by. How lucky we were to find Tabla de Los Santos! The food was great—I had a chicken green chile chowder that was so flavorful—and the staff accommodated our table of 8 with only a fe minutes notice. Next time we'll go to Tabla de Los Santos first!Special Features:
- DeliciousFlato1Dined on 10/17/2014The location and food as well as service are very good. The restaurant was purchased by an experienced restaurantuer couple from California who are doing an excellent job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saint's TableRshuttleDined on 10/17/2014One does not usually thing of a hotel for fine dinning. In this case, a nice couple lease the restaurant. He is the chef and she is the hostess. The food is exactly right is flavor, portion and presentation. My wife had the Cedar Plank Roasted Organic Salmon and I had the Green Chile Braised Short Ribs. Both were excellent. The waitress, Medina, was very knowledgeable about the menu and the ingredients in each dish. Her recommendations were spot-on. There were several couples besides us who were having their anniversary celebration there that evening besides ourselves and we all were very pleased with our selections. My wife and I shared a flan that was almost too lovely to eat. I had to take a photo of it.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!!LavTravDined on 10/7/2014Filet mignon was the BEST ever! Beautiful dining area and great service. Will definitely put this on our Santa Fe list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yech!happy1Dined on 10/5/2014I had chicken and waffles for $14. The chicken was dry chicken tenders. Both the chicken and the waffles tasted like it had been frozen and come out of a supermarket box. It was awful!
- Good, not greatNapaValleyFoodieDined on 9/26/2014Our first dining experience at La Tabla proved to be less than expected given the reviews we had read. It was certainly good -- better than average -- but not out of the park. The calamari appetizer was soggy and stringy. The entrees, one of us had trout and the other chicken, were very good though. Service was a little lackluster: the appetizer (which was only half-eaten) was left on the table until mid-way through our entrees, and we waited for several minutes at the hostess stand before anyone acknowledged us.
- Good, not greatOutOfTownerDined on 9/21/2014Some interesting choices by the chef. IMO some worked, some didn't. Food is certainly fresh and presentation is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!IcegirlDined on 9/20/2014With only one night in Santa Fe we wanted a special place to dine in. We found Tabla de Los Santos through Trip Advisor and made reservations for a Sat. night. We were not disappointed. The patio was lovely, the service excellent. We shared the cheese macaroni lollipops (fun and tasty) and the beet salad (very good). The lamb chops (2) were superb served with phyllo pocket filled with spinach, mushrooms, feta cheese which was out of this world. The New York steak done med. rare was perfect! Our server, Ben made this evening a wonderful experience. We ordered local wine to enjoy with our meal. This dining experience was far above expectation, superb food. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Don't Miss This One4travelersDined on 9/16/2014We had dinner here (2 couples) on our last night in Santa Fe and everything was outstanding. The Empanada starter, corn green chile chowder, beet salad, chicken with bread pudding, steak & frites, salmon, etc. were all delicious. We are foodies with high expectations and Tabla de Los Santos was the best meal we had in Santa Fe. We had such a wonderful evening and our server (delightful young woman) was attentive and very helpful with recommendations. I don't usually write reviews but this restaurant is lovely with top notch food so I wanted to recognize the chef and staff...they run a great place. You must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and atmosphereHungryReySooDined on 9/13/2014The Chef at Tabla de Los Santos must be a magical being. Our party of 3 ordered 3 completely different meals (vegetarian, chicken and salmon) & all were excellent. The indoor dining area is on the smaller side, but very comfortable. There is also an outdoor dining area, with thick adobe walls & a fountain. Service is leisurely and attentive, not to be confused with slow. You are not rushed, but you are not forgotten. If you wish to order the chocolate lava cake for dessert, it will take 25 minutes to prepare so order it with your meal. As with everything else in Santa Fe, it's more expensive. However the meal will be so delicious, you won't really care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice space, pleasant atmospherexnyrVIPDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed our quiet meal at Tabla on a night that was very busy and congested in Santa Fe. This was a welcome oasis of calm. The service was good but not fully informed on the dishes. The salads were very good. The bread was excellent and came with superb garlic hummus. Also excellent veggies, pork, calamari, and wine list. But some dishes had too much cream, and the waitress did not know or didn't mention that the dishes contained lots of cream, nor did the menu mention it. When asked specifically, they accommodated dietary concerns, but you won't be able to tell what you are going to get from the menu description and without asking specifically. Portions are big, making the value good even though prices are high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- attentive staffroadrunnerDined on 8/31/2014The food was good, nothing spectacular but pretty good. The staff though was really wonderful. Our took the initiative to ask the chef if the grits could be made without dairy (I was going to just not eat the grits), and chef said yes. Little things like that can make a huge difference. A friend popped in for a quick chat, and she was treated well.Special Features:
- Great optionsterlisrVIPDined on 8/31/2014Varied menu, great food, lovely courtyard. Not a tourist trap.Special Features:
- A pleasant Sunday BrunchTXBBCVIPDined on 8/31/2014We had a very enjoyable brunch on the patio. Arriving just as they opened the Brunch service, we were seated immediately and watched the place fill up inside of 30 minutes while we enjoyed coffee and some excellent muffins. The orange juice is freshly squeezed and our entrees were quite good. The blue corn pancakes were light and tasty; the steak with my steak and eggs arepas was lean, tender and flavorful. If the price hadn't been so reasonable. I would've guessed it to be beef tenderloin slices. Service was attentive and pleasant. A good value and located in the heart of the square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great anniversary dinner!perkydonnaDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I were delighted with our choice of restaurants for our anniversary dinner. After a disappointing meal the prior night at a Mexican restaurant in Santa Fe, we were totally satisfied with everything about this restaurant. Marvelous margaritas (with fantastic smoky salt on the rim), superb salads (the warm beet salad was superb), and excellent entrees. We ate inside and enjoyed the quiet atmosphere...hard to find in this day of NOISY restaurants. Highly recommend Tabla de Los Santos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable diningJerseygirlVIPDined on 8/20/2014We had dinner at Tabla de Los Santos and enjoyed the evening very much. The food was incredible, the Poutine Short Rib appetizer is a must! We also enjoyed the civiche. The entrees were fabulous also. Would definitely go again on a return trip to Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Great lunch all aroundchloe1VIPDined on 8/19/2014Just had lunch in the courtyard and the food was superb. I loved their Corn Chicken Chowder and for main course had the Southwest Mufuletta sandwich. It was at least 3 inches high with a wonderful Ciabatta bun and full of wonderful meats and cheeses. Very happy with the whole experience. I am going back there with friends this coming Sunday for Breakfast which is also very good.Special Features:
- Best Santa Fe Meal Ever!NmskiesDined on 8/17/2014I am a local and thought I would give Table de Los Santos a try this past Sunday night. I was amazed. This restaurant is a hidden gem and a closet Five Star restaurant. Very unassuming in many ways and well worth it. The food was beyond outstanding. We started with the appetizer and I had the halibut and my partner had the salmon. All three dishes were made to perfection and tasted out of this world. We enjoyed the Blackberry cobbler for dessert. I would put this Chef and his kitchen up against Bobbie Flay any day...the food was that good. I will be going back to my new favorite Santa Fe restaurant very soon!Special Features:
- Great in a city of great foodPasherriDined on 8/12/2014Tabla is friendly and unpretentious in spite of serving locally sourced and carefully prepared dishes. My filet was perfection, accompanied by very thin sliced gratin potatoes and spinach. My partner loved his rich poutine. We will be back.Special Features:
- Flies a problemletseatoutDined on 8/12/2014We dined alfresco which would have been fine but the flies were a problem. The service could have been better. The food was good. There were not that many people outside or inside as I recall and it was not a high traffic day so maybe they were just understaffed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- City Diffrent DiningTheLaPueblansDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful meal. Excellent service. To die for cocktails. Finally a Rob Roy (perfect) in Santa Fe worth drinking. The duck breast was sumptuous and the halibut as delicate as could be. My new "Go to eatery/drinkery" in the City Different.Special Features:
- Patio & bkfast vy nice; not serviceSoccerrefVIPDined on 8/6/2014The food was delicious; great red flannel corned beef has, Southwestern steak and eggs. We were fortunate to have the young brunette hostess take our order though we later had to deal with the older blonde server (manager?) who appears to be depressed and is quite unpleasant. She bizarrely gave us a hard time for asking to have a side order of extra pickled onions for the steak and eggs! We sent friends here the next day, she was their server, and overall they had a negative experience because of her bad attitude.Special Features:
- The following 154 reviews are from the Tabla de Los Santos reviews archive.
- great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014great patio, relaxed, and great food. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Lovely DinnerRobkoDined on 7/18/2014The beet salad and the duck were both really good. The butternut squash raviolli was amazing, and to top it off, we had a wonderful waitress. She made our dining experience very pleasant. The only negative I found was the price; it seemed a little bit high. Overall we enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- Nice dinner experienceEnjoyedTheMealExperienceDined on 7/16/2014Our group of 6 dined at this restaurant on July 16. The food was very good and the food presentation was excellent. Each person ordered different dinners. The only concern expressed was with the tomato soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Outstanding all around! My husband and I had our anniversary dinner here - it was divine. Food exquisite, service excellent!Special Features:
- Wonderful SettingNotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 7/14/2014A very special restaurant in an historic hotel. Service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!!SchultzVIPDined on 7/12/2014I had been searching for a restaurant while we were visiting Santa Fe. I must have read through a dozen different restaurants and their reviews always ending in disappointment. Then I found Tabla de Los Santos and very review was a rave... Well here's another one. We had a fabulous meal! Our server, Angela, was a delight and guided us to the best scallop we have ever eaten, a magnificent pork chop and a delightful duck breast. We had a nice chat with Mrs. Borden, the restaurant's co-owner and Chef Clay's wife. Next time we are in Santa Fe I will be tempted to stay at the St. Francis just so we can be closer to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real FindDorthiaDined on 7/12/2014We live in Santa Fe and I don't know why it took us so long to dine at Tabla. We will definitely return. Everything was outstanding--the food, the service, and the lovely patio. We ordered the salmon and the scallops. The presentation was beautiful and the taste was superb. For dessert, we had the warm blackberry cobbler which came with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Everything on the menu looked appetizing, and when we asked the waiter for his recommendations, he had a difficult time narrowing the list down. We can understand why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little expensive but worth it.RadarDined on 7/11/2014Went for dinner with 3 friends and the whole dinner was great. The appetizer, Poutine, was great and worth the trip alone. We had Duck, Filet Mignon, Pork Chop and Chicken Breast, all were properly prepared and seasoned. Everybody in our group had to try each others entree and agreed it was great.Special Features:
- For the money?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014They were out of the wine that I asked for. Then they were out of sparkling water. My shrimp dish was too salty. Very ordinary cooking.
- Revitalized kitchenBernieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Excellent menu with creative and generous sides. Lamb chops w spinach pie and mashed potatoes were well presented and filling. Lamb could have been better sourced. Duck breast was excellent w grilled escarole. Nice attention to vegetables.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and serviceWaxmanDined on 6/29/2014Highly recommend. Large appetizers and unique. Poutine, mac&cheese lollipops, Empanada were fabulous. Butter lettuce salad was excellent. That's as far as we got. Next time only one app and try the entrees. They looked great tooSpecial Features:
- An Unexpected GemBrowner56VIPDined on 6/27/2014We did not know much about Tabla de Los Santos before booking a table for dinner recently, beyond what others had written in their reviews. In short, we were extremely impressed with all aspects of our meal. From the grilled shrimp and chile starter to our salads to our superbly prepared entrees of duck and a filet, everything we had was creative and perfectly executed. Further, the service was efficient, extremely personable, and quite knowledgeable--in fact, we ended up taking many of the waitress' recommendations, which worked out very well. The restaurant is located just a few blocks off of the Plaza, but it still felt like a intimate experience. This is a place that will be at the top of our list for our next visit to Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior in Every RespectNCOriolesFanDined on 6/22/2014We dined on June 22, 2014, our last night in Santa Fe. The restaurant was crowded for outdoor dining, but the interior dining room was very quiet and refined. Our server, Artie, was professional, charming, and available when we needed him ( ask for him if you want a great evening). Cocktails were generous, my wife especially liked her Irish Old Fashion. Artichoke soup and Beet Salad were good starters. Her filet Mignon was perfectly prepared and presented; my lamb chops were equally good. Located just off the old Plaza section of Santa Fe in a fine hotel, the restaurant and bar are a treat.Special Features: