72287 US Highway 40
Tabernash, CO 80478Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tabernashtavern.com/
- Phone: 9707264430
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, International
- Executive Chef: Alberto Sapien
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Whether you"re planning a small wedding rehearsal, a business meeting or a large wedding reception we can create the perfect event for you. Tabernash Tavern offers full service catering for groups of 30 to 1000 at the location of your choice. Tabernash Tavern is a professional and experienced caterer with over 20 years experience in the Colorado high country. Our chef is always willing to design custom menus for any occasion. You may choose from a variety of services: food preparation, delivery, set up, clean up,servers and rentals.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining at Tabernash Tavern is available. Tabernash Tavern restaurant has two dining rooms that vary in size; in the summer our terrace accommodates parties up to fifty two guests and year round our Main Dining Room accommodates parties up to fifty guests. From business events to social functions, our dining rooms are set up in a way to ensure your needs are exceeded and service executed flawlessly.
We will work directly with you on your menu and wine selections to ensure a great experience.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Sapien 9707264430
A word from Tabernash Tavern
Located in a vintage building in beautiful lower downtown Tabernash Colorado, a mere eight minutes from Winter Park Ski Resort, the Tabernash Tavern offers an exciting, ever changing menu of Chef Alberto Sapien’s interpretations, featuring international culinary entrees including generous portions of USDA prime aged beef. The Tabernash Tavern offers an eclectic and affordable wine and beer selection to accompany Chef's creations. Our menu and wine selection change on a regular basis. After a day of fun in the mountains enjoy dinner with us at our warm, intimate restaurant located in beautiful lower downtown Tabernash, Colorado!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Tabernash Tavern - Best Restaurants in Tabernash ›
Tabernash Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (31)special occasion (28)notable wine list (18)good for groups (13)romantic (12)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Enjoyed the experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent, the wait a tad longer than desirable. The ambiance is rustic but almost chic, low lights were suitable for a for a relaxing meal. The bar area was a bit too active, glasses were broken and other clanking went on as waiters did their thing without regard for those seated nearby. The waitress was very friendly and attentive, very pleasant. I truly enjoyed the meals shared between two. Mussels with Chardonnay and lemon juice, beet salad, and an elk burger. Nice tableware and white linen napkins. Fun decor and soft music that set the mood and drown conversations nearby. Fun were the different salt and pepper shakers on each table. I would recommend this restaurant to those willing to spend $22.00 for a burger.Special Features:
- A GemMarkDenverDined on 8/15/2014Food is consistantly great, servie adeqate but less then stellar on this trip as the waitresss seemed uninterested. Note: the chef does not entertain substitutions in fact the menu states such request are politely declined. Review the menu online before going to make sure you'll be ok with what you'll be served.Special Features:
- order mussels during happy hourpickyDined on 8/10/2014The mussels diablo remain one of our favorite appetizers, but, NOTE: To get a full order (feeding more than one person, you must order two half orders after happy hour. Get there early because two orders (or, recently a "full" order, are 1/2 the price before 6. No one had offered us a Happy Hour menu, so we were unaware, yet, were there early enough. We are regulars, too. Otherwise, I had the lamb legs and it was GREAT! My husband and son also enjoyed their dishes. We love this restaurant, just a bit taken aback by the double pricing of the mussels when not happy hour. yum....glad we figured it out! From now on early reservations!Special Features:
- pickyDined on 8/9/2014The food was quite good, but it was really noisy and pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014As always, the food, service and atmosphere were wonderful!Special Features:
- Second Visit as Good as FirstbjandfriendsDined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed out first meals at TT last fall that we brought our family while staying at Snow Mountain Ranch. Although not cheap, it is good value because of the quality of the food. The lamb and fish and ribs were excellent, the portions enough to make two meals, as we did the next day. Service is very good, and kids menu good. We will be back.Special Features:
- not what they once wereDenWPVIPDined on 8/6/2014We went at HH at the urging of a server we know. We have been disappointed the last several times we went here. It was not much better this time. The mussels were OK but the broth tasted fishy/vinegary. Bonefish Grill in Denver makes MUCH better mussels, let me tell you! The ahi nachos were decent. I enjoyed mine much more than my husband did. The beef cheek sliders were mediocre (i.e., won't order them again.) All in all, we were underwhelmed and my husband doesn't want to go back. It's sad -- they were once fabulous.
- Great Tuesday MusicsnowblazeDined on 8/5/2014Joe McDonald adds a bit of friendly tunes. The ambiance here is great! ...one of the few places in this mountain town like that.Special Features:
- A great find!jjoyceDined on 8/2/2014We had a party of 8 at the Tabernash Tavern this past Saturday evening and couldn't have asked for a better experience! We had changed our party of 6 to a party of 8, which they accommodated without a problem (maybe because it was an 8 p.m. reservation?) and we had a lovely round table that is the best for conversing with a group! Our server, Jamie, was amazing. She was so professional, yet so friendly and warm. We all commented on how much we enjoyed our evening, in large part because she made us all feel welcome and right at home. The food was delicious and so unique! It is fairly pricey, though, so don't let the name (or the setting) fool you! It might be nice if there were a few more lighter items on the menu.Special Features:
- A Goal Reached!foodadventurerDined on 8/2/2014I'd driven by the Tavern and oggled it's on-line menu for several years and FINALLY got to go this past weekend. I wasn't disappointed and neither were the five friends I brought. We had a delicious time ordering from the Happy Hour meal (a deal!), taking pictures of the works of edible food art on our plates, and trying new food adventures. Great ambiance and I'm coming back to try their steaks. Only wish they had an outdoor patio for dining.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014a must not miss spot when in winter park or the surrounding areas!Special Features:
- overpriced and under whelmingmountiangrlDined on 7/27/2014Prices should be 1/2 of what they are to reflect the quality of food . I paid $36 for a piece of halibut with tater tots . The sauce was good but the fish was overcooked. My husband had the rib eye and said it was so-so for the price they charged. won't be back. Ambinance is rustic -cute and service was excellent
- Great findkparrottDined on 7/25/2014In an unsuspecting location sits this restaurant with always an interesting menu. They change it up enough to keep you coming back to try different entrees, but always have their standbys if you prefer a steak or burger. Their dishes are always full of surprising flavor and flair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday TonessnowblazeDined on 7/22/2014The singer, Joe, was great! (FYI: Buns for Beef Cheek Sliders were burnt)Special Features:
- Great dinner with friends.Bee1Dined on 7/21/2014Will definitely return to this mountain gem. Good food, service, Tabernash location. All of us enjoyed our salads, soups, entrees. Only downside--not enough room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday supperWpwillieDined on 7/20/2014We are locals and took our relatives to the TT after the jazz festival. They are more sophisticated diners than we are and they were impressed. I had the paella which is always great. Two had the lamb chops and proclaimed them excellent. My wife had the Asian pork ribs and liked it but the side of sea weed salad was too fishy to her. As always we had the diablo mussels for an app. Don't miss these and ask for extra bread to mop up the sauce. I probably should not have commented on the noise level as we were the rowdy ones. Fine dining in a casual setting.Special Features:
- Great eatsJimmmyDeeDined on 7/14/2014One of our favorite two or three spots in the Fraser Valley. Cool ambiance - big timbers, reclaimed wood - great menu, excellent service. It's a bit pricey for the area, but worth the visit if you're looking for some higher end eats. A bit of a sparse wine list, but cocktails are served in highballs, nicely making up for it. Make every effort to sit in the front room rather than the back room - the front room is part of the original building and has lots of style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was exceptionally delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/12/2014There was a dinner with a future bride and her friends at it was so loud that several patrons asked to be moved. I don't know what the staff could have done, but it was very distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDOIREALLYJAVETODOTHISDined on 7/5/2014Love the Tavern, although this time I must admit food was not up to par as it has been in the past. Made reservations on line two days in advance and sill had to wait 1/2 hour to get the table that twas requested. I have had the flank steak several times before, cooked to perfection and surprisingly tender, guess this was the exception, it was flavorful but tough as leather, took a few bites and put it aside, better luck next time. Fish entree came served in a dough type pastry, once again not expected, put that aside and the fish was amazing.Special Features:
- I love Tabernash Tavern.CathyGDined on 7/2/2014The food is consistently delicious, inventive and sizable portions. We prefer the ambience of the front dining room/bar with the antique ski decor. A new item on the menu is hot wing-style brussel sprouts. Fantastic! My friend and I shared the lamb chops whcih were sensational and even with splitting it, had some leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mountain DiningAnnieOakleyDined on 6/27/2014Surprisingly extensive wine list and great bar. Menu interesting, with emphasis on red meat, but enough seafood and vegetarian options to please most palates. Very enjoyable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/22/2014The Tabernash Tavern was wonderful! This restaurant was recommended to me by a friend and I was very glad we booked a night there while we were vacationing in Winter Park. The food was outstanding, although the portions are huge and can be split between two, the staff was wonderful and the ambience is western Colorado at its finest. Definitely book a dinner there if you are visiting the area.Special Features:
- Best in the CountyshanerDined on 6/19/2014Truly the best food in Grand County. The staff is made up of various pros from around the valley and it shows. Top to bottom, this place is a class act.Special Features:
- Last Date before a long seperationluv2feastDined on 6/12/2014I work at the YMCA of the Rockies Summer camp just north of the tavern, and I was looking for a last minute, romantic place to take my girlfriend, who I met at the camp and would be separated from for a year or more. I never expected such a high quality restaurant in such a tiny town like Tabernash. Overall my experience was very nice. The Calamari entrée was delicious; it reminded me of Bonefish Grill's 'Bang Bang Shrimp'. The Flank steak was also delectable. However, the price was a bit steep. The lighting in the dining area was very warm and comfortable, although the tables were a little to close together and the music was too loud for it to be very intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Our anniversary dinner was disappointing. The staff was nice. My wife's meal was wonderful and she enjoyed it. I went with Blake's recommendation of the ribs. Upon arrival, the presentation was excellent. Once I started to cut into them I realized that they were very fatty. I tried another and realized that the whole top layer was fat. I cut off the fat and just eat the little bit of meat that was on the sides. I left over half of the fat still on my plate. When Blake finally returned, I told him about how fatty they were and he simply took the plate and said he would tell the chef. We were never offered an apology, alternative food choice, nothing. We were given our full bill, paid it, and vowed that we were un-impressed.
- Hot Dishes Need to be Served HOT!JohnM02Dined on 6/5/2014Based on a prior good experience elected to return to the Tabernash Tavern but alas, to my disappointment. Good selection of seemingly unique entrees. I elected to order the Spanish Paella which as described would be delicious. After finishing an appetizer of oysters ceviche, which were quite good, the paella was served in a metal skillet and appeared quite nice. It didn't take to long to find out that the contents of the skillet were somewhat random in temperature. The content was acceptable but I just do not enjoy luke warm dishes. Either the contents sat to long prior to serving, were transferred to a cold skillet/serving dish or just were not adequately heated remains a mystery. Not to my liking and would not likely return.
- What a hidden gem!SpikeLeaDined on 5/31/2014From the outside, the Tabernash Tavern is not necessarily somewhere one would stop and expect HIGH QUALITY food... it looks like many other mountain restaurants on the side of the highway. Looks are deceiving with this one - we LOVE their food and beverage selection! Fresh local ingredients put into global cuisine and served with amazing worldwide beer and wine, this is not one to be missed.Special Features:
- !OutstandingoldschoolDined on 5/25/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our dinner, and were amazed at the large portions. It was well chosen for our 30th anniversary.Special Features:
- Tabernash TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Great food. I had the sirloin steak and it was prepared just right. My husband had the ribs and they were excellent also. The calamari appetizer was delicious. Service was great. Atmosphere was energetic and fun. Kind of pricey, but worth it for a special occasion. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden Gemtravel2eatDined on 4/16/2014If you blink, you will drive right by the Tabernash Tavern but if you do you will be missing much. The service is outstanding and the food is fabulous. We have had a cabin in Granby for 20 years and passed by Tabernash Tavern many times without noticing it. The food is a wonderful mix of local selections. One of the people in our group had the meatloaf because as he said "if a restaurant puts meatloaf on the menu, it better be great." It was. We had 8 people in our party and no one was disappointed with their meal. The portions are quite large and we took home enough for breakfast. It is a little pricey, but well worth it. We would and have recommended it to others traveling there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 375 reviews are from the Tabernash Tavern reviews archive.
- Great food, kind of rude bar staff1234Dined on 4/12/2014Food is always great here but the bar staff is less than welcoming to anyone they don't consider "locals." Overall the service is a little lackadaisical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Herndon dinnerNancwaherndonDined on 4/9/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner with great drink, food and service!Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2014This restaurant is a good one. The food and service is great. Our steaks are super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middle of No WhereBumbleBeeDined on 4/6/2014What a great find in the middle of no where. The Tabernash Tavern was outstanding in all aspects. Michelle our waitress was exceptional; providing us with ideas and suggestions after listening to our questions. This establishment would be five stars if in any major metro area, but to be in the middle of the Rockies (not Aspen or Vail) is a great find for my wife and I who recently got away from the big cities.Special Features:
- Mountain GourmetDavidDined on 3/29/2014Very good and different types of dishes. Ambiance was very nice as well. The service was a bit slow, but it was crowded. I would return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Tabernash TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2014Had a fantastic meal. The only downside was choosing between all the delicious offerings, and the shortage of tummy space in which to put them! Dining with two children, ages 5 and 7 can be challenging, but their kids menu was good, and the kids enjoyed it as much as the adults. I would highly recommend Tabernash Tavern to anyone looking for a fine meal at a fair, though not cheap, price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, though expensiveLL724Dined on 3/29/2014Unique menu selections including game. Elk strip steak was fantastic. Expensive entrees, sides and salads extra. Was a bit difficult for my teens to decide on an entree, as selections were mostly exotic, so not entirely family-friendly, but not exactly fine ambiance either. They do have a kids menu for younger kids. Might go again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveravdinDined on 3/28/2014Whenever we're skiing at Winter Park, we head to Tabernash Tavern for dinner one night. The food and wait staff make it well worth the drive. We look forward to the creative international menu.Special Features:
- Special outing during ski vacationSkiBum32Dined on 3/24/2014Really nice place with comfortable atmosphere and menu variety. The variety of different meals and price ranges are exceptional. Our server did a great job and took very good care of us. We were just a party of two and she also had a party of six. It was a steak night, we both ordered the filet, a couple glasses of wine, preceded with an appetizer and ended the meal with the mudslide pie. Everything was great, only thing I can knock was that the mudslide pie was frozen in the middle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealroovilleDined on 3/22/2014You must start with the mussels. The food was excellent. Now I know why it is so popular.Special Features: