72287 US Highway 40
Tabernash, CO 80478Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tabernashtavern.com/
- Phone: 9707264430
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, International
- Executive Chef: Alberto Sapien
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Whether you"re planning a small wedding rehearsal, a business meeting or a large wedding reception we can create the perfect event for you. Tabernash Tavern offers full service catering for groups of 30 to 1000 at the location of your choice. Tabernash Tavern is a professional and experienced caterer with over 20 years experience in the Colorado high country. Our chef is always willing to design custom menus for any occasion. You may choose from a variety of services: food preparation, delivery, set up, clean up,servers and rentals.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining at Tabernash Tavern is available. Tabernash Tavern restaurant has two dining rooms that vary in size; in the summer our terrace accommodates parties up to fifty two guests and year round our Main Dining Room accommodates parties up to fifty guests. From business events to social functions, our dining rooms are set up in a way to ensure your needs are exceeded and service executed flawlessly.
We will work directly with you on your menu and wine selections to ensure a great experience.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Sapien 9707264430
A word from Tabernash Tavern
Located in a vintage building in beautiful lower downtown Tabernash Colorado, a mere eight minutes from Winter Park Ski Resort, the Tabernash Tavern offers an exciting, ever changing menu of Chef Alberto Sapien’s interpretations, featuring international culinary entrees including generous portions of USDA prime aged beef. The Tabernash Tavern offers an eclectic and affordable wine and beer selection to accompany Chef's creations. Our menu and wine selection change on a regular basis. After a day of fun in the mountains enjoy dinner with us at our warm, intimate restaurant located in beautiful lower downtown Tabernash, Colorado!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Tabernash Tavern - Best Restaurants in Tabernash ›
Tabernash Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (39)special occasion (29)notable wine list (21)good for groups (16)romantic (14)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Best place to eat in Grand CountyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/10/2014We had a wonderful meal. Delicious Buffalo steak perfectly prepared. Rich tasty sides, mac and cheese and corn rice. Staff is very friendly and knowledgeable and they made us feel at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Pvv2Dined on 10/4/2014Hidden gem in Tabernash. Great food, service, and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!!eatersDined on 9/26/2014was recommended by a friend and truly lived up to it!!Special Features:
- Great Menu - Grand County's Bestgcbv1Dined on 9/21/2014A great menu that changes periodically offering a wonderful array of new a wonderful choices. Cozy, friendly atmosphere. One of the best dining selection in Grand Couny.Special Features:
- Great food in the heart of podunkMattyDined on 9/20/2014Great restaurant, fantastic service, exquisite food. Don't let the location throw you off, this place is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don’t be buffaloedWinterParkPaulDined on 9/19/2014This is probably the best dining in the Winter Park Fraser area. The food was mostly above average, the service was superb and they actually had a table ready at the exact time of our Open Table reservations. All was good except the Buffalo Steak which you could barely cut with a steak knife let alone chew it. We should have sent it back but that would have been awkward with guests. Tabernish Tavern need to upgrade the quarity of their meat to match the price they charge for it.Special Features:
- Special occasionBellDined on 9/19/2014We had guests at our cabin in Grand Lake for the weekend. They wanted to take us out for various special happenings in all of our lives. Each couple split the wonderful paella dish with either French onion soup, bwhich my husband said was the best ever, or salads. We sat in the room in the back for the first time. Great atmosphere. Very accommodating waiter too. Very easy making reservations on my IPhone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parRBCoVIPDined on 9/3/2014While Tabernash Tavern has always been one of our favorite restaurants, this visit was not even close to what to we expect. My couscous wwas excellent but I could not eat my salmon. Both steak dishes were barely ok while the roasted potatoes were dry and hard. Because of our excellent past experiences, we will try again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedAime22Dined on 8/30/2014I have never been to Tabernash Tavern but was told to give it a try. I was surprised to find an amazing menu like the one offered here. The restaurant is in a little town with not much around. The seafood nachos are to die for. Still thinking of them. This is a must if you are ever in the area!!Special Features:
- Favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2014The Tavern remains one of our favorite places to eat in the Winter Park area. Consistently great food and service! Thank youSpecial Features:
- Exceeded expectations!J9iowaDined on 8/21/2014Everybody in our group was happy with their meals. The calamari was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local starMrPicky1Dined on 8/20/2014The Tabernash Tavern is the only food venue in this frontier oasis between Granby and Fraser CO. But it is also singular in its quality and the satisfaction one finds in a diamond in the rough. A generous Happy Hour allows one to sample an ample list of appetizers with reduced wine/beer/well drinks. The attention to detail and the freshness of offerings never disappoints. Even the paella in this landlocked village was exemplary. Another must try but make sure to make reservations for dinner; the word is out.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the experience!PleasedDined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent, the wait a tad longer than desirable. The ambiance is rustic but almost chic, low lights were suitable for a for a relaxing meal. The bar area was a bit too active, glasses were broken and other clanking went on as waiters did their thing without regard for those seated nearby. The waitress was very friendly and attentive, very pleasant. I truly enjoyed the meals shared between two. Mussels with Chardonnay and lemon juice, beet salad, and an elk burger. Nice tableware and white linen napkins. Fun decor and soft music that set the mood and drown conversations nearby. Fun were the different salt and pepper shakers on each table. I would recommend this restaurant to those willing to spend $22.00 for a burger.Special Features:
- A GemMarkDenverDined on 8/15/2014Food is consistantly great, servie adeqate but less then stellar on this trip as the waitresss seemed uninterested. Note: the chef does not entertain substitutions in fact the menu states such request are politely declined. Review the menu online before going to make sure you'll be ok with what you'll be served.Special Features:
- order mussels during happy hourpickyDined on 8/10/2014The mussels diablo remain one of our favorite appetizers, but, NOTE: To get a full order (feeding more than one person, you must order two half orders after happy hour. Get there early because two orders (or, recently a "full" order, are 1/2 the price before 6. No one had offered us a Happy Hour menu, so we were unaware, yet, were there early enough. We are regulars, too. Otherwise, I had the lamb legs and it was GREAT! My husband and son also enjoyed their dishes. We love this restaurant, just a bit taken aback by the double pricing of the mussels when not happy hour. yum....glad we figured it out! From now on early reservations!Special Features:
- pickyDined on 8/9/2014The food was quite good, but it was really noisy and pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014As always, the food, service and atmosphere were wonderful!Special Features:
- Second Visit as Good as FirstbjandfriendsDined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed out first meals at TT last fall that we brought our family while staying at Snow Mountain Ranch. Although not cheap, it is good value because of the quality of the food. The lamb and fish and ribs were excellent, the portions enough to make two meals, as we did the next day. Service is very good, and kids menu good. We will be back.Special Features:
- not what they once wereDenWPVIPDined on 8/6/2014We went at HH at the urging of a server we know. We have been disappointed the last several times we went here. It was not much better this time. The mussels were OK but the broth tasted fishy/vinegary. Bonefish Grill in Denver makes MUCH better mussels, let me tell you! The ahi nachos were decent. I enjoyed mine much more than my husband did. The beef cheek sliders were mediocre (i.e., won't order them again.) All in all, we were underwhelmed and my husband doesn't want to go back. It's sad -- they were once fabulous.
- Not what we had hopedJillyGVIPDined on 8/5/2014This is an expensive restaurant and we had heard good reviews from Locals. The food did not live up to the prices on the menu. Salads were presented on awkward plates; daughter's steak was presented as a whole slab when it should've been served in slices; the french onion mussels were served with little chunks of cheese which didn't melt - little details that shouldn't be overlooked when they are commanding high prices.
- Great Tuesday MusicsnowblazeDined on 8/5/2014Joe McDonald adds a bit of friendly tunes. The ambiance here is great! ...one of the few places in this mountain town like that.Special Features:
- A great find!jjoyceDined on 8/2/2014We had a party of 8 at the Tabernash Tavern this past Saturday evening and couldn't have asked for a better experience! We had changed our party of 6 to a party of 8, which they accommodated without a problem (maybe because it was an 8 p.m. reservation?) and we had a lovely round table that is the best for conversing with a group! Our server, Jamie, was amazing. She was so professional, yet so friendly and warm. We all commented on how much we enjoyed our evening, in large part because she made us all feel welcome and right at home. The food was delicious and so unique! It is fairly pricey, though, so don't let the name (or the setting) fool you! It might be nice if there were a few more lighter items on the menu.Special Features:
- A Goal Reached!foodadventurerDined on 8/2/2014I'd driven by the Tavern and oggled it's on-line menu for several years and FINALLY got to go this past weekend. I wasn't disappointed and neither were the five friends I brought. We had a delicious time ordering from the Happy Hour meal (a deal!), taking pictures of the works of edible food art on our plates, and trying new food adventures. Great ambiance and I'm coming back to try their steaks. Only wish they had an outdoor patio for dining.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014a must not miss spot when in winter park or the surrounding areas!Special Features:
- overpriced and under whelmingmountiangrlDined on 7/27/2014Prices should be 1/2 of what they are to reflect the quality of food . I paid $36 for a piece of halibut with tater tots . The sauce was good but the fish was overcooked. My husband had the rib eye and said it was so-so for the price they charged. won't be back. Ambinance is rustic -cute and service was excellent
- Great findkparrottDined on 7/25/2014In an unsuspecting location sits this restaurant with always an interesting menu. They change it up enough to keep you coming back to try different entrees, but always have their standbys if you prefer a steak or burger. Their dishes are always full of surprising flavor and flair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday TonessnowblazeDined on 7/22/2014The singer, Joe, was great! (FYI: Buns for Beef Cheek Sliders were burnt)Special Features:
- Great dinner with friends.Bee1Dined on 7/21/2014Will definitely return to this mountain gem. Good food, service, Tabernash location. All of us enjoyed our salads, soups, entrees. Only downside--not enough room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday supperWpwillieDined on 7/20/2014We are locals and took our relatives to the TT after the jazz festival. They are more sophisticated diners than we are and they were impressed. I had the paella which is always great. Two had the lamb chops and proclaimed them excellent. My wife had the Asian pork ribs and liked it but the side of sea weed salad was too fishy to her. As always we had the diablo mussels for an app. Don't miss these and ask for extra bread to mop up the sauce. I probably should not have commented on the noise level as we were the rowdy ones. Fine dining in a casual setting.Special Features:
- Great eatsJimmmyDeeDined on 7/14/2014One of our favorite two or three spots in the Fraser Valley. Cool ambiance - big timbers, reclaimed wood - great menu, excellent service. It's a bit pricey for the area, but worth the visit if you're looking for some higher end eats. A bit of a sparse wine list, but cocktails are served in highballs, nicely making up for it. Make every effort to sit in the front room rather than the back room - the front room is part of the original building and has lots of style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was exceptionally delicious.LindaRVIPDined on 7/12/2014There was a dinner with a future bride and her friends at it was so loud that several patrons asked to be moved. I don't know what the staff could have done, but it was very distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDOIREALLYJAVETODOTHISDined on 7/5/2014Love the Tavern, although this time I must admit food was not up to par as it has been in the past. Made reservations on line two days in advance and sill had to wait 1/2 hour to get the table that twas requested. I have had the flank steak several times before, cooked to perfection and surprisingly tender, guess this was the exception, it was flavorful but tough as leather, took a few bites and put it aside, better luck next time. Fish entree came served in a dough type pastry, once again not expected, put that aside and the fish was amazing.Special Features:
- I love Tabernash Tavern.CathyGDined on 7/2/2014The food is consistently delicious, inventive and sizable portions. We prefer the ambience of the front dining room/bar with the antique ski decor. A new item on the menu is hot wing-style brussel sprouts. Fantastic! My friend and I shared the lamb chops whcih were sensational and even with splitting it, had some leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mountain DiningAnnieOakleyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Surprisingly extensive wine list and great bar. Menu interesting, with emphasis on red meat, but enough seafood and vegetarian options to please most palates. Very enjoyable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/22/2014The Tabernash Tavern was wonderful! This restaurant was recommended to me by a friend and I was very glad we booked a night there while we were vacationing in Winter Park. The food was outstanding, although the portions are huge and can be split between two, the staff was wonderful and the ambience is western Colorado at its finest. Definitely book a dinner there if you are visiting the area.Special Features:
- The following 383 reviews are from the Tabernash Tavern reviews archive.
- Best in the CountyshanerDined on 6/19/2014Truly the best food in Grand County. The staff is made up of various pros from around the valley and it shows. Top to bottom, this place is a class act.Special Features:
- Last Date before a long seperationluv2feastDined on 6/12/2014I work at the YMCA of the Rockies Summer camp just north of the tavern, and I was looking for a last minute, romantic place to take my girlfriend, who I met at the camp and would be separated from for a year or more. I never expected such a high quality restaurant in such a tiny town like Tabernash. Overall my experience was very nice. The Calamari entrée was delicious; it reminded me of Bonefish Grill's 'Bang Bang Shrimp'. The Flank steak was also delectable. However, the price was a bit steep. The lighting in the dining area was very warm and comfortable, although the tables were a little to close together and the music was too loud for it to be very intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Our anniversary dinner was disappointing. The staff was nice. My wife's meal was wonderful and she enjoyed it. I went with Blake's recommendation of the ribs. Upon arrival, the presentation was excellent. Once I started to cut into them I realized that they were very fatty. I tried another and realized that the whole top layer was fat. I cut off the fat and just eat the little bit of meat that was on the sides. I left over half of the fat still on my plate. When Blake finally returned, I told him about how fatty they were and he simply took the plate and said he would tell the chef. We were never offered an apology, alternative food choice, nothing. We were given our full bill, paid it, and vowed that we were un-impressed.
- Hot Dishes Need to be Served HOT!JohnM02Dined on 6/5/2014Based on a prior good experience elected to return to the Tabernash Tavern but alas, to my disappointment. Good selection of seemingly unique entrees. I elected to order the Spanish Paella which as described would be delicious. After finishing an appetizer of oysters ceviche, which were quite good, the paella was served in a metal skillet and appeared quite nice. It didn't take to long to find out that the contents of the skillet were somewhat random in temperature. The content was acceptable but I just do not enjoy luke warm dishes. Either the contents sat to long prior to serving, were transferred to a cold skillet/serving dish or just were not adequately heated remains a mystery. Not to my liking and would not likely return.
- What a hidden gem!SpikeLeaDined on 5/31/2014From the outside, the Tabernash Tavern is not necessarily somewhere one would stop and expect HIGH QUALITY food... it looks like many other mountain restaurants on the side of the highway. Looks are deceiving with this one - we LOVE their food and beverage selection! Fresh local ingredients put into global cuisine and served with amazing worldwide beer and wine, this is not one to be missed.Special Features: