125 Lincoln Ave
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.labocasf.com/taberna-about.html
- Phone: (505) 988-7102
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Lunch: Available for private events, custom parties.
Please contact Barbara 505-983-2425, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dinner: (Daily) - 5:00pm - Close
Happy Hour: (Daily) 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Basque, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: James Campbell Caruso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Taberna is available for Private Parties, Meetings, Custom Events. Please call 505-983-2425 or email Barbara at email@example.com
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights.
- Special Events: Taberna is available for Private Parties, Meetings, Custom Events. Please call 505-983-2425 or email Barbara at firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Taberna
Taberna is a spanish-style tavern with a Basque influenced menu and Spanish wine list. Taberna is a gathering place for family and friends, a cozy bar & outdoor patio where you can enjoy pintxos, draft beer, wine, & sherry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Taberna - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Taberna reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)great for outdoor dining (46)neighborhood gem (36)notable wine list (34)special occasion (22)hot spot (21)good for groups (18)great for lunch (16)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (12)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- It was off season -- no one was thereOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/17/2014We dined here on a Monday around 8:00 while visiting Santa Fe. We were the only people in the place. It's a bit hard to find so not really a place people would just stumble upon. The menu was interesting and everything we had was very good. We would recommend it for a light meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeasideStephVIPDined on 11/10/2014Bar service was slightly prickly, didn't love the table by the entry and the chiles de padron, a fav of ours - were meh. The rest of the food was very good and the waitstaff was very good. But, what is with the red wine temps? We ate at Mas, another place with the same ownership and the wine is slightly above cellar temp. Not how I want a wine we paid $60 - 75. Actually, cancelled another reservation at Boca, same ownership. Still would recommend but perhaps would not spend as much on wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Good energy, excellent service and the food was great. We had a great table for two but I am glad we didn't have the table by the entrance which would have been draughty and had alot of traffic immediately adjacent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to the traditional itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Food here is very good. Wife and I have been here several times this past year. We visited on November 1 for a night out without the kids. As usual it is a nice place for adults to chat and mingle. We tried the carne asada tacos pinxto on the dia de los muertos menu specials. These were good but not special. The mussels on the main menu in a tomato bisque my wife did not like. The best were the olives and the gateau basque for dessert.Special Features:
- Halloween CelebrationBunnyDined on 10/31/2014What a fun and delicious evening we had at Taberna. Special menu for the occasion - we had Oaxacan duck legs in a fabulous mole sauce, chef's surprise for those coming in costumes which was a crab cake extraordinaire, and dessert did not disappoint either. All prepared beautifully! The wine was great although a bit pricey for a glass. The atmosphere was fun, comfortable, and definitely a treat for a night out. We would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatJess303Dined on 10/20/2014It was good- but not good enough for the price. We had a good meal, nothing notable but good and ended up spending $130.00. On the walk home we both said we would have preferred to spend that at a nice steakhouse or different restaurant. For us it was a one and done place.Special Features:
- Amazing place!!DenverfoodieDined on 10/17/2014The tapas were amazing! They had live music and the musician intreated with all of us during the evening. Got to meet the chef as well. A must visit place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Yum,Yum and Yum. Music was good but a little to much volume for such a small restaurant space.Special Features:
- FantasticDWaterDined on 10/4/2014Better than going to Barcelona, the food is very fresh and deliciousSpecial Features:
- TabernaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2014Went there with friends for a birthday. Great food and service!!! Tapas selections were diverse and delicious, wine choices were also impressive. It's a great spot for a lively group, probably a little loud for a romantic dinner. We will definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLouAnnVIPDined on 9/24/2014Every time we have been to Taberna it has always been very delicious. The food, outdoor atmosphere, service are excellent and we enjoy trying new items each time we come and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Good service average foodFoodophileDined on 9/23/2014It is a tapas bar but the tapas are not your standard fare. They have been "modernized". I tried the artichoke with Serrano ham, goat cheese and parmigiana. A bit too much cheese. The waitress really knew her wines and we had a delightful French Rose. Not crowded mid week.Special Features:
- One of My Favorite Places AnywhereTriptexVIPDined on 9/21/2014La Boca's sister restaurant in Santa Fe represents a uniques dining atmosphere that feels more European than AmericanSpecial Features:
- Tapas Ole!SteveDined on 9/21/2014When I go to Santa Fe, I specifically seek out this restaurant because I enjoy their tapas menu. The selection of tapas varies between one trip and the next, but I have never had a bad meal.Special Features:
- Love TabernadbnmDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful tapas. Our favorites this time were the Canalone and the watermelon feta salad. Great service, good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SantaFeFoodLoverDined on 9/20/2014We've been hearing the ads on KTRC and wanted to try for many months. We love La Boca but a bit too tight a fit. This is roomier and fantastic service and food. Highly recommend for tapas lovers. Plan to go back and try more selections.Special Features:
- Paella PerfectMikeVIPDined on 9/15/2014The paella was luxurious! Enough said. If all other items are as good it is going to take me a long time to work my way thru the menu.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SuprisedMontanaDined on 9/14/2014I went to this restaurant because I had found a Groupon for it online. It was fairly late at night so I was happy to find that they were open until 11pm, something that's difficult to find in Santa Fe. I made my reservation and was greeted by name when I arrived. My server, Nicholas, was very pleasant. He was helpful in selecting menu items as well as wine. He even gave me a complimentary dessert paired with a nice dessert wine. I had a great time with wonderful-tasting food and very nice service. I'm actually headed back again tonight with a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and ambiance....jpdnmDined on 9/14/2014We went to Taberna for some great wine and tapas. The bartender was quite good with her recommendations and we enjoyed the glasses of wine that we had with our dinner. The tapas were delicious. Some of the tapas we enjoyed included: Piernitas, espinaka, and chorizo bilbao.... The service was exceptional.....We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatingJerseyBoyDined on 9/11/2014We ate from the Happy Hour menu. The wine selection on this menu is a little on the scarce side. The service was attentive and efficient. The food was amazing. The courtyard is a little on the stark side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but too noisyransomsdaughterDined on 9/11/2014The noise level, when the area was filled, was unpleasant enough that I would be reluctant to go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbponderquestDined on 9/10/2014Great food and fantastic service. The menu is truly extraordinary. We took special guests expecting a great dinner where we could catch up on old times. Unfortunately, there was a jazz trio playing that made it extremely difficult to have any conversation. The trio played beautifully and I truly appreciate that but I was extremely disappointed not to be able to catch up with my old friends who I have known for so many years. This was a huge disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!FoodForAllDined on 9/5/2014The food here was fantastic. I am looking forward to visiting again in the near future. The octopus was delicious and beautifully presented. The morcilla was perfect and perfectly paired with a glass of red wine recommended by the server. The restaurant was not at all crowded, which was odd for a Friday afternoon. I will definitely return! Que Bueno!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!kundry42VIPDined on 8/26/2014Really great food; wonderful service. Delightful. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensational TapasWRG2Dined on 8/25/2014This newish offshot of the Santa Fe classic La Boca is a slicker, less densely packed, and with outdoor dining version of its older sibling. Owner James Campbell Caruso has done it again--and to mind mind even better. Many traditional small plates can be had in larger versions and at least one nightly special is a full-sized entree. Literally, something for everyone. Not to be missed, be you Santa Fe resident, part timer, or day tripper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great Outdoor patioJohnDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I had dinner here during our stay in Santa Fe. Great food with a very ice wine list. The outdoor patio is great for evenings. Great service as well. This is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent - Like a Trip to Spain!GumbyDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful atmosphere, with nice quiet live music. The wine was superb and our tapas delightful. Everything was delicious. Especially the spinach with pine nuts and golden raisins. I will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our return visitBeckervlaDined on 8/21/2014We stumbled across taberna last year during our visit to Santa Fe when la boca was full. What a find! Innovative food perfectly prepared, our server was a true professional, fully informed as to the foods wines and extensive sherry list. The two guitarists on the patio added a perfect ambiance. Both couples in our group were thrilled. The two gentlemen returned for lunch at the bar the next day and had a most informative conversation with Alexandra who was behind bar that day. We left more fully informed as to the wine list and tasted a Basque wine that neither of us had ever experienced in addition to having a wonderfully creative lunch. Bravo to allSpecial Features:
- Attention FoodiesAimeeDined on 8/21/2014Taberna is wonderful if all respects. Please don't tell too many people!Special Features:
- Unique tapasDaveVIPDined on 8/17/2014Taberna is not to be missed -- great brunches with wonderful service and unique tapas. Congrats to Mr. Caruso and staff for creating and continuing a wonderful Santa Fe classic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bustling on a Busy NightStreetguyVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were at the restaurant on maybe on one of the busiest nights in Santa Fe, and, alas, it showed. In addition it rained and those on the patio (including us) had to seek shelter until it stopped. The food in Tapas restaurants is often uneven, and this was the case here. The chorizo dish and the steak dish were delicious, the others so so. They could do without an amplified singer in a small room.Special Features:
- gourmandVIPDined on 8/12/2014If it wasn't for the hostess, I would give it four stars. The waiter was friendly and efficient (we were in a hurry for the opera). The hostess obviously didn't like her job, because she never smiled at any guests, or even looked at them.Special Features:
- James did it again, and again,…..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014This is not the first time we had dinner at Taberna, and it definitely will not be the last. The selection of tapas is extensive and it is easy to find something for any taste and for all allergy restrictions. And if you have a special issue with some foods, just tell the waiter and they will find a work around solution for you. The wine list is equally complete and they have a nice selection of wines by the glass, an important consideration if you are alone or just two, and still have to drive afterwards. We have known James Caruso for quite some time and are amazed what he put together in the last years with La Boca and Taberna.Special Features:
- Beyond greatFOODIEDined on 8/10/2014Had dined at Taberna before and looked forward to a return visit. Went for Sunday lunch and every bite was fabulous. Our waitress did a good job describing, suggesting and helping us make decisions. The red Sangria was perfect with the food.Special Features:
- Dinner at Taberna 8.8.14sffoodieDined on 8/8/2014The food on 8/8/14 was excellent; however, our waiter was challenged by making wine recommendations. She was a new staff member and seemed to need a little more training on the wine list. Otherwise, the service was outstanding. The paella was outstanding as was the salmon glazed with saffron-infused honey. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!cholseysDined on 8/2/2014Our waiter was very helpful in selecting a wine we would like and it was very complimentary to our meal! This is a very social dinner/atmosphere and great for a fun dinner! Food was delicious!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014We have dines here twice and got the special omelete once and the tuna empanadas, both were great.Special Features:
- great waiter!NiniDined on 8/1/2014We dined with you while in Santa Fe as we wanted tapas and live music. Austin was our waiter and we were quite impressed with his knowledge of sherry and pairing them with our food. Our food was superb. Thoroughly enjoyed the guitar as well.....we will be back:)Special Features:
- fine BUTArizonaMarkDined on 7/29/2014The food is VERY good, but if they have a band that night, do NOT eat dinner inside if you are hoping to have any sort of conversation We left early and hoarse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 65 reviews are from the Taberna reviews archive.
- Tasty tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Tried the Sangria after a hot day. Although I usually prefer wine, this was refreshing and went well with a light dinner. Had some new flavors of tapas, very tasty, albeit a bit rich. I think the menu has new and improved selections. Taberna is a dependable treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.