125 Lincoln Ave
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.labocasf.com/taberna-about.html
- Phone: 5059887102
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Basque, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: James Campbell Caruso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Wednesday and Friday nights.
A word from Taberna
Taberna is a spanish-style tavern with a Basque influenced menu and Spanish wine list. Taberna is a gathering place for family and friends, a cozy bar & outdoor patio where you can enjoy pintxos, draft beer, wine, & sherry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Taberna - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Taberna reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (66)great for outdoor dining (59)notable wine list (35)neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (24)hot spot (17)romantic (17)great for lunch (16)late-night find (12)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (8)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Wonderful!kundry42VIPDined on 8/26/2014Really great food; wonderful service. Delightful. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensational TapasWRG2Dined on 8/25/2014This newish offshot of the Santa Fe classic La Boca is a slicker, less densely packed, and with outdoor dining version of its older sibling. Owner James Campbell Caruso has done it again--and to mind mind even better. Many traditional small plates can be had in larger versions and at least one nightly special is a full-sized entree. Literally, something for everyone. Not to be missed, be you Santa Fe resident, part timer, or day tripper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great Outdoor patioJohnDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I had dinner here during our stay in Santa Fe. Great food with a very ice wine list. The outdoor patio is great for evenings. Great service as well. This is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent - Like a Trip to Spain!GumbyDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful atmosphere, with nice quiet live music. The wine was superb and our tapas delightful. Everything was delicious. Especially the spinach with pine nuts and golden raisins. I will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our return visitBeckervlaDined on 8/21/2014We stumbled across taberna last year during our visit to Santa Fe when la boca was full. What a find! Innovative food perfectly prepared, our server was a true professional, fully informed as to the foods wines and extensive sherry list. The two guitarists on the patio added a perfect ambiance. Both couples in our group were thrilled. The two gentlemen returned for lunch at the bar the next day and had a most informative conversation with Alexandra who was behind bar that day. We left more fully informed as to the wine list and tasted a Basque wine that neither of us had ever experienced in addition to having a wonderfully creative lunch. Bravo to allSpecial Features:
- Attention FoodiesAimeeDined on 8/21/2014Taberna is wonderful if all respects. Please don't tell too many people!Special Features:
- Unique tapasDaveVIPDined on 8/17/2014Taberna is not to be missed -- great brunches with wonderful service and unique tapas. Congrats to Mr. Caruso and staff for creating and continuing a wonderful Santa Fe classic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bustling on a Busy NightStreetguyVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were at the restaurant on maybe on one of the busiest nights in Santa Fe, and, alas, it showed. In addition it rained and those on the patio (including us) had to seek shelter until it stopped. The food in Tapas restaurants is often uneven, and this was the case here. The chorizo dish and the steak dish were delicious, the others so so. They could do without an amplified singer in a small room.Special Features:
- gourmandVIPDined on 8/12/2014If it wasn't for the hostess, I would give it four stars. The waiter was friendly and efficient (we were in a hurry for the opera). The hostess obviously didn't like her job, because she never smiled at any guests, or even looked at them.Special Features:
- James did it again, and again,…..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014This is not the first time we had dinner at Taberna, and it definitely will not be the last. The selection of tapas is extensive and it is easy to find something for any taste and for all allergy restrictions. And if you have a special issue with some foods, just tell the waiter and they will find a work around solution for you. The wine list is equally complete and they have a nice selection of wines by the glass, an important consideration if you are alone or just two, and still have to drive afterwards. We have known James Caruso for quite some time and are amazed what he put together in the last years with La Boca and Taberna.Special Features:
- Beyond greatFOODIEDined on 8/10/2014Had dined at Taberna before and looked forward to a return visit. Went for Sunday lunch and every bite was fabulous. Our waitress did a good job describing, suggesting and helping us make decisions. The red Sangria was perfect with the food.Special Features:
- Dinner at Taberna 8.8.14sffoodieDined on 8/8/2014The food on 8/8/14 was excellent; however, our waiter was challenged by making wine recommendations. She was a new staff member and seemed to need a little more training on the wine list. Otherwise, the service was outstanding. The paella was outstanding as was the salmon glazed with saffron-infused honey. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!cholseysDined on 8/2/2014Our waiter was very helpful in selecting a wine we would like and it was very complimentary to our meal! This is a very social dinner/atmosphere and great for a fun dinner! Food was delicious!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014We have dines here twice and got the special omelete once and the tuna empanadas, both were great.Special Features:
- great waiter!NiniDined on 8/1/2014We dined with you while in Santa Fe as we wanted tapas and live music. Austin was our waiter and we were quite impressed with his knowledge of sherry and pairing them with our food. Our food was superb. Thoroughly enjoyed the guitar as well.....we will be back:)Special Features:
- fine BUTArizonaMarkDined on 7/29/2014The food is VERY good, but if they have a band that night, do NOT eat dinner inside if you are hoping to have any sort of conversation We left early and hoarse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Tried the Sangria after a hot day. Although I usually prefer wine, this was refreshing and went well with a light dinner. Had some new flavors of tapas, very tasty, albeit a bit rich. I think the menu has new and improved selections. Taberna is a dependable treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSFBearVIPDined on 7/15/2014I was really excited to eat at Taberna after *thoroughly* enjoying Más in Albuquerque. Unfortunately, Taberna was a complete let-down. From a vegetable paella that was 99% rice to bread that was hard and pretty tasteless, I find it hard to believed that the executive chef of Taberna is the same as the one at Más. What a disappointment.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Food excellent . Ambiance wonderful. Jazz trio great. Felt like NYC!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous TapasPocoLocoLocalVIPDined on 7/11/2014If you're looking for Tapas in Santa Fe, Taberna has really unique and generous varieties. Then, be sure to top off your meal with a really awesome selection of Sherries. Great taste of Santa Fe at Taberna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceCRDSVIPDined on 7/4/2014Excellent tapas, service was great / friendly and attentive, our party of 4 had a great dinning experience- can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Dining in Santa FeTriptexVIPDined on 7/3/2014This quaint gem transports you to any fine sidewalk cafe in Spain or Portugal.Special Features:
- Must try in Santa FeSFSkipperDined on 6/29/2014Great food - have been twice and planning on returning. If you are unsure about wine, entree, or dessert just ask the wait-staff. Never been steered wrong. Perfect casual dining.Special Features:
- Just not goodWsmithVIPDined on 6/24/2014I am from DC and have dined here three times in the past year. I love tapas and in DC have the benefit of dining at the incomparable tapas establishments of Jose Andres. While I would never expect Taberna to reach that level, the food here is simply...and consistently...bad. Tapas are best when simple. Here, patatas brava are paired with a truly disgusting roe aioli and the potatoes are limp and yet overcooked. If its a fail on a simple, classic standard, it only gets worse as the kitchen attempts to be even more "creative." The admirable chef of this place has created an additional outpost in Albuquerque, but he needs to get back into this kitchen. Quickly.
- Great find!SCNewcomerDined on 6/24/2014We had a great dinner dining outdoors at La Taberna. We happened to be there on "Paella Tuesday". For $20 dinner consisted of a choice of 3 different paellas: traditional, vegetarian, and one with ham, pork, and chorizo, a great house salad and a choice of desserts. The food was very, very good and the wine that the server suggested complemented it perfectly. The service was impeccable and the ambience superb for our first night in this beautiful city.Special Features:
- Taberna MondaysDateNightDiningDined on 6/23/2014This place has a great wine list and the menu has a little something for everyone.Special Features:
- Very expensive but very good food.TanyaDined on 6/21/2014The food and wine were expensive for what we got, but it was very nice and the food was good.Special Features:
- Taberna, tastysumusDined on 6/20/2014A tasty meal, wine and tapas. Low key and repeatable.Special Features:
- Always greatSgunneDined on 6/19/2014The food and the staff are outstanding. This was our second trip over a 2 year period and it was just as great as the first visit. I have tried several dishes and they were also excellent. Great wine list with outstanding Spanish wines. The staff are very knowledgable and helpful about the food and wine. This is one of the best restaurants in Santa Fe and much more enjoyable than some of the more expensive options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014From the owners of La Boca comes another stellar restaurant. All the dishes were delicious and creative. Our waiter Matt, is probably the best waiter we have ever had in Santa Fe. Even brought a water bowl for our dog without even asking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic tapasDaveVIPDined on 6/6/2014La Taberna is the perfect place for a later dinner hour and live music on Friday night. The wait staff was attentive and friendly and we enjoyed the outdoor patio where we could see and enjoy the guitarist on the stage inside. We selected a rose from the wine specials and a few of the tapas including Serano ham wrapped asparagus, beet salad, grilled shrimp and potatoes. Everything was served hot and delicious. We finished off our meal with the vanilla bean ice cream with caramel topping. Our compliments to Paul Caruso, the owner, chef and staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but overpricedmninnmDined on 6/5/2014The good was good though not great. W just couldn't see paying $12 for each small appetizer or tapa.Special Features:
- Nice Way to Spend an EveningsfdinerDined on 6/4/2014This is not the place to come if you don't have a lot of time. It is a great place to go with friends you haven't seen for awhile. I love the idea of tapas. It makes me try unusual things. We asked the waitress for recommendations and everything she suggested was very good. I do wish she had checked back with us more often. I must have finished my espresso 10 minutes before the dessert finally arrived at the table! Overall, the food is great, the patio pleasant, but the staff needs to be little more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as always.MlleMercierDined on 6/1/2014New menu and new addictions! Food is only rivaled by the service. Wonderful, wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Evening at TabernageminiDined on 5/27/2014Food for the most part was average and over-priced. Service was extremely slow--2 hours for basically a 2 course dinner!. Don't go if you're very hungry.
- Interesting menu & great serviceBohemianaDined on 5/26/2014We tried four different dishes. All were good but two were standouts. The waiter was extremely friendly and offered great service. We will go again!
- Did not live up to hypeNMFoodieDined on 5/24/2014I had heard a lot of great things about Taberna and was excited to finally get a chance to go, but I found it quite disappointing. Some of the menu is a duplicate of La Boca. The appetizers had been prepared much earlier and were not fresh. The other dishes were okay, but nothing great or memorable (honestly, I can't even think of what I ate!). The wine by the glass was also decidedly average. The desserts sounded so uninteresting I went to another restaurant later for dessert. In general, nothing was bad, but really just nothing was great. The whole meal was decidedly mediocre. There are many better options in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Under the spot light!Joser22VIPDined on 5/23/2014The food was good. Service was spot on. Someone needs to install a dimmer switch, it was a bit bright.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- James foreverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/22/2014We have been going to Taberna and La Boca numerous times for dinner or happy hour and always enjoyed it. The food is consistently good, the people are fun, and the place is alive. This time we indulged in a full dinner and assembled a long line of tapas. And when we needed to decide for dessert, we picked another round of the artichokes, they were just so good.Special Features:
- A Culinary DelightfoodistDined on 5/20/2014Taberna La Boca serves up the most delicious food to be found anywhere! The lunch special is an especially attractive deal - 3 courses for $17.Special Features: