125 Lincoln Ave
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.labocasf.com/taberna-about.html
- Phone: 5059887102
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Basque, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: James Campbell Caruso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Wednesday and Friday nights.
A word from Taberna
Taberna is a spanish-style tavern with a Basque influenced menu and Spanish wine list. Taberna is a gathering place for family and friends, a cozy bar & outdoor patio where you can enjoy pintxos, draft beer, wine, & sherry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Taberna - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Taberna reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (72)great for outdoor dining (66)neighborhood gem (39)notable wine list (37)special occasion (27)hot spot (19)great for lunch (18)romantic (18)late-night find (15)good for groups (14)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- DeliciousLouAnnDined on 9/24/2014Every time we have been to Taberna it has always been very delicious. The food, outdoor atmosphere, service are excellent and we enjoy trying new items each time we come and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Good service average foodFoodophileDined on 9/23/2014It is a tapas bar but the tapas are not your standard fare. They have been "modernized". I tried the artichoke with Serrano ham, goat cheese and parmigiana. A bit too much cheese. The waitress really knew her wines and we had a delightful French Rose. Not crowded mid week.Special Features:
- One of My Favorite Places AnywhereTriptexVIPDined on 9/21/2014La Boca's sister restaurant in Santa Fe represents a uniques dining atmosphere that feels more European than AmericanSpecial Features:
- Tapas Ole!SteveDined on 9/21/2014When I go to Santa Fe, I specifically seek out this restaurant because I enjoy their tapas menu. The selection of tapas varies between one trip and the next, but I have never had a bad meal.Special Features:
- Love TabernadbnmDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful tapas. Our favorites this time were the Canalone and the watermelon feta salad. Great service, good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SantaFeFoodLoverDined on 9/20/2014We've been hearing the ads on KTRC and wanted to try for many months. We love La Boca but a bit too tight a fit. This is roomier and fantastic service and food. Highly recommend for tapas lovers. Plan to go back and try more selections.Special Features:
- Paella PerfectMikeVIPDined on 9/15/2014The paella was luxurious! Enough said. If all other items are as good it is going to take me a long time to work my way thru the menu.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SuprisedMontanaDined on 9/14/2014I went to this restaurant because I had found a Groupon for it online. It was fairly late at night so I was happy to find that they were open until 11pm, something that's difficult to find in Santa Fe. I made my reservation and was greeted by name when I arrived. My server, Nicholas, was very pleasant. He was helpful in selecting menu items as well as wine. He even gave me a complimentary dessert paired with a nice dessert wine. I had a great time with wonderful-tasting food and very nice service. I'm actually headed back again tonight with a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and ambiance....jpdnmDined on 9/14/2014We went to Taberna for some great wine and tapas. The bartender was quite good with her recommendations and we enjoyed the glasses of wine that we had with our dinner. The tapas were delicious. Some of the tapas we enjoyed included: Piernitas, espinaka, and chorizo bilbao.... The service was exceptional.....We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatingJerseyBoyDined on 9/11/2014We ate from the Happy Hour menu. The wine selection on this menu is a little on the scarce side. The service was attentive and efficient. The food was amazing. The courtyard is a little on the stark side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but too noisyransomsdaughterDined on 9/11/2014The noise level, when the area was filled, was unpleasant enough that I would be reluctant to go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbponderquestDined on 9/10/2014Great food and fantastic service. The menu is truly extraordinary. We took special guests expecting a great dinner where we could catch up on old times. Unfortunately, there was a jazz trio playing that made it extremely difficult to have any conversation. The trio played beautifully and I truly appreciate that but I was extremely disappointed not to be able to catch up with my old friends who I have known for so many years. This was a huge disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!FoodForAllDined on 9/5/2014The food here was fantastic. I am looking forward to visiting again in the near future. The octopus was delicious and beautifully presented. The morcilla was perfect and perfectly paired with a glass of red wine recommended by the server. The restaurant was not at all crowded, which was odd for a Friday afternoon. I will definitely return! Que Bueno!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!kundry42VIPDined on 8/26/2014Really great food; wonderful service. Delightful. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensational TapasWRG2Dined on 8/25/2014This newish offshot of the Santa Fe classic La Boca is a slicker, less densely packed, and with outdoor dining version of its older sibling. Owner James Campbell Caruso has done it again--and to mind mind even better. Many traditional small plates can be had in larger versions and at least one nightly special is a full-sized entree. Literally, something for everyone. Not to be missed, be you Santa Fe resident, part timer, or day tripper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great Outdoor patioJohnDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I had dinner here during our stay in Santa Fe. Great food with a very ice wine list. The outdoor patio is great for evenings. Great service as well. This is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent - Like a Trip to Spain!GumbyDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful atmosphere, with nice quiet live music. The wine was superb and our tapas delightful. Everything was delicious. Especially the spinach with pine nuts and golden raisins. I will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our return visitBeckervlaDined on 8/21/2014We stumbled across taberna last year during our visit to Santa Fe when la boca was full. What a find! Innovative food perfectly prepared, our server was a true professional, fully informed as to the foods wines and extensive sherry list. The two guitarists on the patio added a perfect ambiance. Both couples in our group were thrilled. The two gentlemen returned for lunch at the bar the next day and had a most informative conversation with Alexandra who was behind bar that day. We left more fully informed as to the wine list and tasted a Basque wine that neither of us had ever experienced in addition to having a wonderfully creative lunch. Bravo to allSpecial Features:
- Attention FoodiesAimeeDined on 8/21/2014Taberna is wonderful if all respects. Please don't tell too many people!Special Features:
- Unique tapasDaveVIPDined on 8/17/2014Taberna is not to be missed -- great brunches with wonderful service and unique tapas. Congrats to Mr. Caruso and staff for creating and continuing a wonderful Santa Fe classic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bustling on a Busy NightStreetguyVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were at the restaurant on maybe on one of the busiest nights in Santa Fe, and, alas, it showed. In addition it rained and those on the patio (including us) had to seek shelter until it stopped. The food in Tapas restaurants is often uneven, and this was the case here. The chorizo dish and the steak dish were delicious, the others so so. They could do without an amplified singer in a small room.Special Features:
- gourmandVIPDined on 8/12/2014If it wasn't for the hostess, I would give it four stars. The waiter was friendly and efficient (we were in a hurry for the opera). The hostess obviously didn't like her job, because she never smiled at any guests, or even looked at them.Special Features:
- James did it again, and again,…..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014This is not the first time we had dinner at Taberna, and it definitely will not be the last. The selection of tapas is extensive and it is easy to find something for any taste and for all allergy restrictions. And if you have a special issue with some foods, just tell the waiter and they will find a work around solution for you. The wine list is equally complete and they have a nice selection of wines by the glass, an important consideration if you are alone or just two, and still have to drive afterwards. We have known James Caruso for quite some time and are amazed what he put together in the last years with La Boca and Taberna.Special Features:
- Beyond greatFOODIEDined on 8/10/2014Had dined at Taberna before and looked forward to a return visit. Went for Sunday lunch and every bite was fabulous. Our waitress did a good job describing, suggesting and helping us make decisions. The red Sangria was perfect with the food.Special Features:
- Dinner at Taberna 8.8.14sffoodieDined on 8/8/2014The food on 8/8/14 was excellent; however, our waiter was challenged by making wine recommendations. She was a new staff member and seemed to need a little more training on the wine list. Otherwise, the service was outstanding. The paella was outstanding as was the salmon glazed with saffron-infused honey. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!cholseysDined on 8/2/2014Our waiter was very helpful in selecting a wine we would like and it was very complimentary to our meal! This is a very social dinner/atmosphere and great for a fun dinner! Food was delicious!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014We have dines here twice and got the special omelete once and the tuna empanadas, both were great.Special Features:
- great waiter!NiniDined on 8/1/2014We dined with you while in Santa Fe as we wanted tapas and live music. Austin was our waiter and we were quite impressed with his knowledge of sherry and pairing them with our food. Our food was superb. Thoroughly enjoyed the guitar as well.....we will be back:)Special Features:
- fine BUTArizonaMarkDined on 7/29/2014The food is VERY good, but if they have a band that night, do NOT eat dinner inside if you are hoping to have any sort of conversation We left early and hoarse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Tried the Sangria after a hot day. Although I usually prefer wine, this was refreshing and went well with a light dinner. Had some new flavors of tapas, very tasty, albeit a bit rich. I think the menu has new and improved selections. Taberna is a dependable treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSFBearVIPDined on 7/15/2014I was really excited to eat at Taberna after *thoroughly* enjoying Más in Albuquerque. Unfortunately, Taberna was a complete let-down. From a vegetable paella that was 99% rice to bread that was hard and pretty tasteless, I find it hard to believed that the executive chef of Taberna is the same as the one at Más. What a disappointment.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Food excellent . Ambiance wonderful. Jazz trio great. Felt like NYC!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous TapasPocoLocoLocalVIPDined on 7/11/2014If you're looking for Tapas in Santa Fe, Taberna has really unique and generous varieties. Then, be sure to top off your meal with a really awesome selection of Sherries. Great taste of Santa Fe at Taberna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceCRDSVIPDined on 7/4/2014Excellent tapas, service was great / friendly and attentive, our party of 4 had a great dinning experience- can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Dining in Santa FeTriptexVIPDined on 7/3/2014This quaint gem transports you to any fine sidewalk cafe in Spain or Portugal.Special Features:
- Must try in Santa FeSFSkipperDined on 6/29/2014Great food - have been twice and planning on returning. If you are unsure about wine, entree, or dessert just ask the wait-staff. Never been steered wrong. Perfect casual dining.Special Features:
- Just not goodWsmithVIPDined on 6/24/2014I am from DC and have dined here three times in the past year. I love tapas and in DC have the benefit of dining at the incomparable tapas establishments of Jose Andres. While I would never expect Taberna to reach that level, the food here is simply...and consistently...bad. Tapas are best when simple. Here, patatas brava are paired with a truly disgusting roe aioli and the potatoes are limp and yet overcooked. If its a fail on a simple, classic standard, it only gets worse as the kitchen attempts to be even more "creative." The admirable chef of this place has created an additional outpost in Albuquerque, but he needs to get back into this kitchen. Quickly.
- Great find!SCNewcomerDined on 6/24/2014We had a great dinner dining outdoors at La Taberna. We happened to be there on "Paella Tuesday". For $20 dinner consisted of a choice of 3 different paellas: traditional, vegetarian, and one with ham, pork, and chorizo, a great house salad and a choice of desserts. The food was very, very good and the wine that the server suggested complemented it perfectly. The service was impeccable and the ambience superb for our first night in this beautiful city.Special Features:
- Taberna MondaysDateNightDiningDined on 6/23/2014This place has a great wine list and the menu has a little something for everyone.Special Features:
- Very expensive but very good food.TanyaDined on 6/21/2014The food and wine were expensive for what we got, but it was very nice and the food was good.Special Features: