1817 Columbia Rd NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.taannoodles.com/
- Phone: 2024502416
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday: 5:00pm - 3:00am
Saturday: 3:00pm - 3:00am
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Vietnamese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Phan Michael
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Taan Noodles
Taan Noodles is a unique Asian restaurant in DC serving Japanese Ramen, Kushiyaki, small plates, sake, craft cocktails and more. From seafood, duck, pork and beef-based Ramen to vegetarian and vegan options, there’s something for every palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Taan Noodles reviews from OpenTable diners
- Noodles are delicioushdunlopDined on 2/15/2014They have delicious noodles with delicious pork belly. Also duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for date nightsLatoya2286Dined on 2/15/2014My husband and I went here for our date night and we loved it! We order the dumblings and the spicy noodles (forgot the name on the menu) and it filled us up! Great prices, customer service and drinks! Will return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and quietEtjsingerDined on 2/2/2014Several friends and I went here for brunch. The pork buns were definitely tasty and the ramen was delicious! The duck ramen was amazing! Nice and quiet atmosphere with very nice wait staff.Special Features:
- Almost as good as Toki UndergreoundTRMDVIPDined on 1/11/2014Almost as good as Toki Undergreound and Sakuramen without the long wait.Special Features:
- MehnoodelitoDined on 1/11/2014the pork in everyone's soup was too hard to chew and the eggs were cold. It seemed like they used the same pork in the steamed bun appetizer which, again was beyond crispy on the edges and tough to bite into. The broth was ok, I suppose, and though the soup had a lot of stuff in it, it didn't really add up to anything I'd write home about. Overall rating: meh.
- Protein portions could beZozoDined on 12/27/2013Protein portions could be better but highly recommend. Have ramen for light & heavier eaters alike. Definitely a neighborhood must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDeborahDined on 12/19/2013The noodle bowls are so excellent here. The tan tan is spicy and has pork belly and duck. The duck one was also very tasty. Great appetizers, though I think usually you wouldn't have room for them--steamed buns and the bonito covered calamari noodles were also exceptional. Small place, so you might need a reservation on weekends. Very helpful waitstaff. Definitely recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great blend of flavors.woodyDined on 12/6/2013The steamed pork belly buns with duck liver were amazing. The ramen broth had the perfect balance of spiciness but not so much that you still tasted it after you swallowed. The ingredients in the ramen were fresh and delicious. Pork belly again crisp on the outside and melty on the inside, roasted corn, duck....all perfectly balanced in that delicious broth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duck Confit Ramen!AbbyNormalDined on 11/22/2013That's really all I need to say to let you know how yummy this place is. The duck confit ramen is delicious! Ask for extra pickled cucumbers, you won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/17/2013The gyoza appetizer and the ramen soups were great, but the waiter was inattentive. Drinks sat empty too long. The kitchen was kind of slow.
- Very good but not outstandingCrystalDined on 11/16/2013I purchased a coupon for brunch at this restaurant. For the price it was great! The noodles are seasoned well and the mimosas were okay. Toward the end of brunch the service of mimosas began to fade away. The pork was delicious but a little fatty, which produced grease. I was greeted right away and seated. The staff was very nice and attentive. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality noodle shopOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/12/2013Great neighborhood spot, nice inside, good service, metered parking on the street. Menu is limited, but food was very good. The house wine at $5 per glass is something to consider. I would go back again, with or without a discount coupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll definitely return! TheLadyFireDined on 11/10/2013I'll definitely return! The food was very good, the wait staff was very pleasant and accommodating. I think they were possibly understaffed the day we went, but still very good experience overall. Advice: skip the mimosas and go for the bellinis!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!JackieDined on 11/8/2013Having been twice, the steamed bun is my favorite appetizer; the Taan Maze-men is really delicious too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Noodles!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2013We started with a squid appetizer that was out of this world! The squid was tender, and the other ingredients were combined perfectly. My friend had the vegan ramen and added an egg. I had the duck ramen. Delicious! The noodles were a good consistency and the duck was amazing! They did justice to my favorite seafood. The downside was dessert -- after Japanese food I like to have green tea ice cream or mochi. They had cakes, which I'm sure were nice, but we opted out. I also like that they have a good selection of sake, not just one type. Not a bad walk from the Metro, so I would recommend them to friends and go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Ramen in AdamsMolhollersDined on 11/2/2013Date had the duck ramen & I had the triple stock w/ a soft-boiled egg. Broth on both was lighter than, for example, Toki (shoyu here vs. tonkotsu there), but very enjoyable. Noodles here are the best I've found in the city - perfect chew and flavor. I would also rank Taan's pork belly over those at Toki, Daikaya, or Sakuramen. The pieces are thinner & have more char than others I've seen, but still retain that unctuous melting fat and salt that pork belly should be about. The broth in the duck ramen was a bit too sweet for me, but my date loved it. Taan is an altogether enjoyable spot - a great basic ramen with outstanding noodles. Also, Marcus has been our server both times we've been in, and really is great. We'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Japanese Ramen in DCEandJVIPDined on 10/30/2013My wife and I fell in love with ramen while in Japan for work. Until now we had to travel in NYC to satisfy our ramen cravings. Hipsters love Toki Underground, but its more of a Singapore style than Japan. For the purest, this is the place you need to go. The broth is amazing and most of the add ons you would pay extra for are already in the soup. This place should not be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent. GoodKellyDined on 10/25/2013The food was excellent. Good summer shrimp roll, and amazing pork steamed bun. The ramen was really fantastic. Had the tan tan men, and it was spicy with lots of great flavor and very filling. Drinks were ok, I liked the old fashioned style cocktail better than the bourbon and grapefruit juice. But overall great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not That GoodDMVdinerDined on 10/24/2013Nothing but a bowl of Ramen Noodles with messy backyard grass and meat fat. Won't go back
- Great Food and attentive service.JamesDined on 9/25/2013The food is delicious ,very Authentic and our waitress was so helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. they have many option we tried the triple stock and duck confit and it was upstanding.will go back to try other optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.