4 N. Colville
Walla Walla, WA 99362Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tmaccarones.com/
- Phone: 5095224776x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jacob Crenshaw
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The full-service catering staff can accommodate any size order; from winery tour boxed lunches to plated dinner service for large weddings and events.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining space can comfortably seat up to 26 people. Decorated in contemporary elegance, the space allows for groups of 8, 10 or 16.
- Private Party Contact: Sharon Martin 5095209739x
A word from T. Maccarone's
Welcome to T Maccarone’s, a modern Washington wine country bistro influenced by classic Italian sensibilities. Join us in our downtown Walla Walla restaurant and let us make your wine country experience truly memorable. We are open for lunch and dinner seven days a weekContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
T. Maccarone's - Best Restaurants in Walla Walla ›
T. Maccarone's reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (50)special occasion (35)neighborhood gem (25)notable wine list (23)romantic (13)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (12)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Well executedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Had a reservation and the table was ready when we arrived. The waitress was attentive but not overbearing. Made great recommendations and the food was wonderfully presented and the flavor was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AveragePapaDined on 9/14/2014All was ok nothing special. Pasta over cooked but nice atmosphere and some small table outside
- spins4foodDined on 9/10/2014I love T Maccarone's for lunches with friends, special occasions, and showing off downtown Walla Walla to out of town guests. Service is impeccable, the servers are friendly, and the food is terrific and beautifully presented. The decor is sophisticated but comfortable. I wish I could eat here every day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!RayCDined on 9/9/2014T. Maccarone's is great - the food is creative and delicious, and the service was excellent. A bit on the pricey side. but worth it. My favorite restaurant in Walla Walla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Everything was great except for the noise and it was beyond belief.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!cacti1VIPDined on 9/7/2014Salads of heirloom tomatoes fresh greens were nicely seasoned, very tasty and beautifully presented. Entrees (wife had the halibut special and I had the pork shank) were cooked to perfection, accompanied by a medley of fresh ,crisp veggies and mashed potatoes. Service was timely and efficient. Wine list for whites was somewhat limited but found a very nice local sauvignon blanc that hit the spot. A definite "go to" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Questionable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014It was obvious that the waiter forgot to put our order in. We waited over an hour for our meal after ordering. We were a foursome and another foursome that arrived after us left before we even received our meal. When we asked why, the explanation was lame. Food was great but unfortunately, the server was not.Special Features:
- Love to EatLoveToEatVIPDined on 9/2/2014Wonderful and surprising. We had been wine tasting in Walla Walla and this restaurant was one that was continuously mentioned. Food was excellent, as was the service. Two of us had the Halibut and one had the salmon. Perfectly done. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- GuestMCarsDined on 8/31/2014The restaurant has a nice feeling and a good menu. Service was terrible-over an hour+ after seating to be serviced dinner that was both under and over cooked. Appeared to be a staffing issue?Special Features:
- Great Food, Excellent ServiceMarkVIPDined on 8/30/2014Creative menu with lots of options but don't overlook the Mac and Cheese appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walla Walla diningGRBIDined on 8/24/2014We travel to Walla Walla wine country somewhat frequently and T. Maccarone is the one place we go every time we are there. The food is imaginative and is always well seasoned, prepared, and presented. The wine list is limited, but offers choices across varietals. My wife and I were just there last weekend and are headed back with a group of ten in 3 weeks; can't wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RRumpzaDined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful dinner here on our wine tasting weekend. They even allowed us to sit outside and have our dog with us in their outdoor area. Our waitress was fabulous and the food a real gem.Special Features:
- Excellent dining in wine countrywinemikeDined on 8/14/2014This was a home run dining experience while enjoying wine country. The overall experience was Seattle in a small town. I only wish the Tri-Cities, Prosser, or Yakima would have anything close to T Maccarone's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Thoroughly enjoyed. Great wine selection, dinner beautifully presented and service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to recommendationsThatsmystoryVIPDined on 8/6/2014This was our first trip to Walla Walla, and several people gave us recommendations to this restaurant. Maybe we were expecting too much, but the restaurant was very hot with the waiter sweating heavily. Much to our disappointment one of our dishes had an ingredient substituted to what was described on the menu. The Frutti di Mare dish was very tasty, but was very skimpy on the squid ink pasta. Overall, it's good food; but nothing exceptional.Special Features:
- T MaccaRone'sWinerDined on 8/1/2014Food was really good and very plentiful. If you want to experience more of the menu, I would recommend having an appetizer, splitting an entrée and then enjoy a bite of dessert. My husband really loved the pork shank with beans. And I had the fresh halibut, which was almost more than I could eat! So, I didn't have desert! All in all a great experience and would definitely go again. Forgot to say the Waiter was pretty fabulous as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place and peoplecellarsellerDined on 7/26/2014This appears to be one of the few true Italian restaurants in Walla Walla. Service was friendly, attentive and wanted to please. Food choices were good, not extensive. The food was served hot and as described on the menu. We had no problems and would return.
- octopus saladgoodfoody1Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent looking menu. However, I ordered the octopus salad and need the chef to remove it from the menu or to rethink how it is cooked. The greens and surrounding fruit was great, but the octopus was chewy, stringy and absolutely not fit for consumption. I have had octpus before, several times in other restaurants. But that was awful. Others enjoyed beet salad and gaspacho. Halibut was OK but on the dry part. I will give this restaurant another try as we live in a small town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant in Walla WallagoodfoodandwineDined on 7/22/2014T. Maccarone's is a great place for a fabulous meal and wine. Only the freshest of ingredients are used and most items home made; bread, breadsticks, and don't forget the lavender gelato! If you are a foodie and appreciate the presentation of your meal ~ this is the place to go. I am celiac (can't eat gluten) and they were very accommodating making sure everything I ordered was safe. Come here real hungry and you can enjoy the antipasto platter before your meal!Special Features:
- sargeDined on 7/21/2014The pork shank was dry. The presentation was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table MisstepOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2014We booked a table at T Maccarone because of Open Table's published description - "authentic Italian food" and the overall positive ratings. The server immediately corrected this impression, indicating that the restaurant did not serve Italian cuisine and was instead, an eclectic place serving modern American food. The food was indeed an unusual amalgam of styles and flavours. My husband liked his, I found mine lacking flavour and seasoning in particular. The ingredients in the pasta dish were not compatible with my tastes. There were several small complaints, but the upshot is that we would not return.
- awesome restaurantelkhunterDined on 7/5/2014This place went above and beyond with the service and food. I had the halibut and the piece I got was enormous. I have never had a piece of fish of this magnitude. And my wife had the salmon and it was a generous portion too. The waitress, Allison, went out of her way to help us in any way. I would go back in an instant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service, Great FoodHeronAKDined on 7/5/2014Four for dinner on Saturday and we were very pleased with the overall experience. Beet salad, gnocchi with lamb were excellent, the wine was great (Abrejo Merlot) but the list was surprisingly small for Walla Walla. Only disappointment was the prawn appetizer, good flavor but way overcooked. Server was extremely knowledgeable and provided flawless service. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising!BoomerDined on 7/3/2014We expected T Maccarone's to be American-Italian with a decent wine list. We didn't expect TS an exquisite "surf and turf" of perfectly done scallops and succulent lamb, along with some marvelous choices for wine by the glass. What a great!!Special Features:
- NicholsDined on 6/30/2014It was the right place for a business meeting. My direct employee and our IP attorney could talk in confidence and get a lot done.Special Features:
- Kitchen errorsRockfishFanDined on 6/28/2014Food: Chef (?) dumped a shaker full of pepper on my wife’s entree. Result was inedible. Service: Snarky. Ambience: Outdoor patio is very pleasant once the sun has dropped below the rooftops. Noise: Minor outdoors, loud inside. Conclusion: Seriously overrated.
- Travelers liked T. Maccarone'sDPDdinerDined on 6/28/2014Our group was in Walla Walla for a weekend of winery tours and wine tasting. T. Maccarone's came highly recommended for the food that is locally sourced along with an excellent wine list. The service out did the excellent food. When we return to Walla Walla another visit to T. Maccarone's.Special Features:
- Our serverLocal602Dined on 6/26/2014Food so impressive, but what really made our evening special was Kuger, our waiter. Such a personable young man, extremely knowledgeable and goal productive. Memorable experience to say the least. T Mac's must be proud to have him. He made us, three 50ish fashion forward women, feel very special.
- Best meal this yearalwayswithwineDined on 6/24/2014The four of us had an outstanding dinner. Each starter was unique and tasty. Each of us raved about our main course. Even the house red was an outstanding wine, of course it is Walla Walla. The staff was friendly and they were ready with our reservation. Though it is an hour trip to have dinner at Maccarone's, we will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Family DinnerLocal602Dined on 6/22/2014Love the comfortable booth seating, as my mom is elderly and cannot sit in those hard back chairs so often found...she loved the halibut, as did three of us. Heavenly wine selection...Rulo. I finally got to try their Chardonnay. We were pleased overall and will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Excellent dinner while in Walla Walla. Both our meals were very good. Although the restaurant was crowded we never felt rushed. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Service, great food!Foodie13Dined on 6/21/2014Starting with Nolan (not Ryan) as our server, the service was top notch! Then the food and wine came!!! What a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a corner eating our curds & wey2dyeforDined on 6/21/20143 persons in our party at a 2-person table. We were seated where we could not see out a window, but might be good for those seeking privacy. Service was good, Food was very good. Pricing was moderate to high. Overall experience was pleasurable, but not as good as it could have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Provide toothpicks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We would get the antipasto tray again! We were given plastic olive picks for our teeth cleaning needs at the conclusion of the meal. Two broke off between teeth and I had to work them out with a straightened paperclip after leaving the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Dinner ResturantMojito05Dined on 6/13/2014Awesome Food , service , and over all experience , Tom and Alyson really took great care of usSpecial Features:
- Walla Walla at it's best!LuluVIPDined on 6/9/2014I love this restaurant. Fantastic selection of wines, service was great and the freshest pasta ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSneedleDined on 6/7/2014The only good part was being greeted at the host stand w/glasses of champagne for my birthday. The server was moving to NY the next day and he had already checked out. We sat outside which was lovely and the guy beside us was upset that the sunshine was in his eyes, my friend had to constantly move our umbrella to shade him as it was windy. Our server told us he'd get the pin to stabilize it and never followed through. We ordered the gnocchi and we each got less than 10 in a pile of veggies. I was very clear I only wanted asparagus and my plate was filled with food I could not eat, but we had waited so long we just ate it and paid the steep price for our plates. We then went to Public 124 and filled up on truffle fries, yummy!Special Features:
- EMBARRASSINGZMEGODined on 5/30/2014Not a pleasant night. Was told food was good here. I never got to eat mine as it took so long to get condiments to go with my dinner which took so long to get, that anyone who got there meal was done and I sent it back. Wasn't much service except for constant appoligies. The final straw was we had to get up to refill our own water glasses. The noise level is another issue. Please don't go here just from our experience I sincerely believe they could not still be in business and charge such high prices if they treated all their customers this way.Special Features:
- Amazing experience !!!!Dining4FunDined on 5/25/2014I usually don't take the time to provide reviews, but must make an exception. Excellent food combined with great service. Nice atmosphere with soft background music. Price was adequate for the quality provided. Definitely going back again. A MUST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Our server, Nelson, was absolutely incredible and very accommodating with a large group. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 209 reviews are from the T. Maccarone's reviews archive.