4 N. Colville
Walla Walla, WA 99362Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tmaccarones.com/
- Phone: (509) 522-4776
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jacob Crenshaw
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The full-service catering staff can accommodate any size order; from winery tour boxed lunches to plated dinner service for large weddings and events.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining space can comfortably seat up to 26 people. Decorated in contemporary elegance, the space allows for groups of 8, 10 or 16.
- Private Party Contact: Sharon Martin 5095209739x
A word from T. Maccarone's
Welcome to T Maccarone’s, a modern Washington wine country bistro influenced by classic Italian sensibilities. Join us in our downtown Walla Walla restaurant and let us make your wine country experience truly memorable. We are open for lunch and dinner seven days a weekContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
T. Maccarone's - Best Restaurants in Walla Walla ›
T. Maccarone's reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)special occasion (32)neighborhood gem (28)notable wine list (25)romantic (23)hot spot (14)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (5)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Popular, but noisywineluverDined on 11/8/2014Very popular dining spot, but go on a non-event night. The food and service was good, but the noise level was so bad that we could hardly hear each other in our booth; a loud and obnoxious crowd. And because it was so busy it was over an our before we received our entrees. If it's an event week end we will probably choose another place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and beyond expectationsmom5fayDined on 11/8/2014Food was superb in taste and presentation and truly was a surprise. We knew it would be good but not THAT good! Can't wait to go back! Excellent service with Sam who is affable and knowledgeable and with his advice I believe we made excellent choices for one of two excellent meals we had in town for Fall Release weekend! Thank you to all who made that evening such a pleasure!Special Features:
- dTevDined on 10/31/2014Great service on a busy night; as usual, terrific meal. Always something different on the entire and dessert menu, described accurately and well served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningJane917Dined on 10/31/2014T. Maccarones was a fine experience from beginning to end. Craft cocktails. Great presentation. Food was perfect. There were 4 of us at the table and no one had a single complaint. We will visit T. Mac again when we are back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second tim at t-mac'sobispoDined on 10/27/2014i ate here 4 years ago on my first trip to walls walla and had a lovely meal, so i thought i would return for another meal. i had probably the best gnocchi since i was last in italy - the pasta was pillowy as it rarely is at most restaurants. the lamb and sauce were just perfect. i will come back again on my next wine tasting trip to the region.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodLove2eatVIPDined on 10/27/2014We ate here while visiting Walla Walla and the wonderful B&B Cameo Heights Mansion in Touchet. The Vine restaurant at the mansion was not open while staying at Cameo Heights, so we ate here, at T. Maccarone's, after a day of visiting wineries between Touchet and Walla Walla. We made our reservation at 5:00, which was a good thing we did. It was empty when we arrived and full to over flowing when we left a couple hours later. The pace of service was perhaps slower than some restaurants, but it was perfect for us as we were with another couple, and it gave us time to chat and enjoy all of our courses and wine--another reason to go early. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- GreatMortzDined on 10/24/2014This was our second time here. Will be a regular spot every visit. Waiter was spectacular. Food delicious. We all had something different and all enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AppetizersvancouverfoodieDined on 10/24/2014Really enjoyed dinner. The appetizers were the highlight of the meal, with the incredible beet salad, ahi tartare dish (spectacular!), and the Beef Carpaccio was good, but not like the other two. Definitely will dine here again, probably just appetizers next time.Special Features:
- T. Maccarone's won't disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/24/2014This is the second time I have dined at T. Maccarones in the last three years...food and service continue to be excellent. This is a restaurant that I would seek out even at home in food competitive Seattle.Special Features:
- Always GoodJohnVIPDined on 10/22/2014Great restaurant. The food here is always fresh and prepared well. The beef carpaccio is always a winner and not only is fresh and tasty, but has a great compliment of aged balsamic and shaved pecorino cheese to give it a great punch. The pasta is always good and filling. The pappardelle was over cooked this trip but most often it's cooked al dente and perfect. If you're in Walla Walla, this is a must for great meal.Special Features:
- Great food but..JenKVIPDined on 10/17/2014Our excellent dinner was marred by the service and policy. We ordered an appetizer and as we were enjoying it, my water glass slipped from my hand. My plate broke and water went everywhere. We cleaned up most of the mess ourselves. When I noted that we had not been able to finish our appetizer, I was brushed off. I acknowledge that dropping the glass was my fault, but I would have thought they would have offered a mini appetizer to replace the one that was ruined. We shared a salad and a pasta dish, which were delicious. The shock came when we received our bill and were charged 2 split fees. I understand a split fee on an entrée with added veggies or starch, but on a salad? You toss it and put it on a plate. That just seems stingy.
- Great food & service, nice ambienceSeattle98101VIPDined on 10/14/2014The name sounds like it's going to be a typical Italian restaurant, I expected lots of red & white decor, but it's a lovely, softly-lit modern bistro with a sophisticated menu. The food was delicious - we tried the lamb gnocchi and the tagliatelle, after an heirloom tomato salad to start. One of the best restaurants in Walla Walla!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good - Service InconsistantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Our reservation was made several weeks out and the restaurant called the day of the reservation to confirm. We were seated quickly, but at a booth for four; our reservation was for 5. It was too tight for comfort. We were then ignored for 15+ minutes, zero contact. We finally "waved down" a waiter and asked for service. He apologized, said it was a miss-communication of the staff and proceeded to try to make up for the poor service over the course of the evening including comp'ing one bottle of wine. Good for him. The food was good as expected from the reviews. The poor table experience and the initial service will push us to try another restaurant next time we are in Walla Walla.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!JulieYVIPDined on 10/9/2014We thought the restaurant name was just a corny takeoff on "macaroni", and we almost didn't go because we expected mediocre food. WRONG!!! The restaurant is named after the owner...true spelling. The food is outstanding!!! The decor understated and sophisticated. The service (Allison) was great -- prompt, friendly, knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dinning ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014A great little nook to enjoy dinner in a comfy atmosphere. A dining experience that fits the Walla Walla atmosphere!Special Features:
- Side Street GemBillDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I and another couple went to this restaurant on a recent trip to Walla Walla. This was our first visit to the restaurant. The food is great and the setting quit nice. However, this restaurant can be easily missed as it is on a side street off the main street in Walla Walla. It is worth looking for and enjoying the great food. The wait staff is very professional and attentive without being obtrusive. Good wine list - can't miss your in one of Washington's best wine appellations. You will need reservations as this restaurant tends to be very popularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Chef?finefoodhobbyistDined on 10/4/2014Sad as I am, I find I cannot recommend spending the $$ on a meal here. Was so looking forward to it, since we had eaten at T. Maccarone's two years ago and found it innovative, congenial and delicious. Had lamb served over gnocchi, the meals appeared to have been simply re-heated for serving and as a result were dry and uninteresting. Was chef off duty for the night? The ahi tuna I ordered as a starter was beautifully displayed, very expensive ($16.00) and too overloaded with fresh ginger-to get any flavor of fish. The waiter offered to take it off of the bill (we didn't eat it)--but we discovered the next morning that our friends (who picked up the tab) had been charged. Cannot remember ever writing this negative of a review before--
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Kinda spendy but food was amazing. Had a wonderful time. Portions were decent sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service on busy nightrocky0518Dined on 10/3/2014Staff called the day of our reservation, and asked if we wanted to move our time, which we did. Worked better for us and them. Food was excellent, distinctive, but not too spicy. Space was tight and the place was full so conversation at the table a little hindered. But this is one of the best restaurants in Walla Walla, and we have tried many.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RooniDined on 10/2/2014This is one of the centerpieces of the extraordinary cuisine one can find in...Walla Walla of all places! Do not make the mistake of not dining there when you are visiting this wonderfully vibrant and charming little city.Special Features:
- T. Mac's always first on our list.firstDined on 10/2/2014T. Mac's is the first dining out we have whenever we visit Walla Walla. Food always fresh and inventive and of course fabulous in preparation, presentation and eating. The wine list, though not monstrously huge, is thoughfully constructed to the type of food likely to be on the menu at T. Mac's. As the menu changes fairly often this is probably a fairly weighty task and one which the culinary bunch at the restaurant excel at I think.Special Features:
- Lunch outsideMarieDined on 9/27/2014We may have just hit this restaurant at the wrong day and time but our experience was greatly diminished by the inattention of the wait staff. Several large parties were inside and quite loud so we opted to eat outside. While our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable his attentiveness was unevenly balanced on the inside groups to the extent that we were actually thinking of leaving because it was taking so long to take our order. The food was good once we received it and it was a lovely restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- a highlight of Walla WallabeatsoutDined on 9/20/2014Just a few feet off Main Street, T. Maccarone's offers terrific food and equally good service. The beef carpaccio was beautifully presented, the tomatoes in the caprese were at their peak, the tagliatelle with pesto cream and sausage flavorful and full of a variety of textures, and the chicken cacciatore bursting with flavor. Our server was knowledgeable, very pleasant, and gave just the right amount of attention to meet our every need without hovering. We loved it, from first mouthful to last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well executediluvagoodmealDined on 9/18/2014Had a reservation and the table was ready when we arrived. The waitress was attentive but not overbearing. Made great recommendations and the food was wonderfully presented and the flavor was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AveragePapaVIPDined on 9/14/2014All was ok nothing special. Pasta over cooked but nice atmosphere and some small table outside
- spins4foodDined on 9/10/2014I love T Maccarone's for lunches with friends, special occasions, and showing off downtown Walla Walla to out of town guests. Service is impeccable, the servers are friendly, and the food is terrific and beautifully presented. The decor is sophisticated but comfortable. I wish I could eat here every day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!RayCDined on 9/9/2014T. Maccarone's is great - the food is creative and delicious, and the service was excellent. A bit on the pricey side. but worth it. My favorite restaurant in Walla Walla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Everything was great except for the noise and it was beyond belief.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!cacti1VIPDined on 9/7/2014Salads of heirloom tomatoes fresh greens were nicely seasoned, very tasty and beautifully presented. Entrees (wife had the halibut special and I had the pork shank) were cooked to perfection, accompanied by a medley of fresh ,crisp veggies and mashed potatoes. Service was timely and efficient. Wine list for whites was somewhat limited but found a very nice local sauvignon blanc that hit the spot. A definite "go to" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Questionable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014It was obvious that the waiter forgot to put our order in. We waited over an hour for our meal after ordering. We were a foursome and another foursome that arrived after us left before we even received our meal. When we asked why, the explanation was lame. Food was great but unfortunately, the server was not.Special Features:
- Love to EatLoveToEatVIPDined on 9/2/2014Wonderful and surprising. We had been wine tasting in Walla Walla and this restaurant was one that was continuously mentioned. Food was excellent, as was the service. Two of us had the Halibut and one had the salmon. Perfectly done. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- GuestMCarsDined on 8/31/2014The restaurant has a nice feeling and a good menu. Service was terrible-over an hour+ after seating to be serviced dinner that was both under and over cooked. Appeared to be a staffing issue?Special Features:
- Great Food, Excellent ServiceMarkVIPDined on 8/30/2014Creative menu with lots of options but don't overlook the Mac and Cheese appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walla Walla diningGRBIDined on 8/24/2014We travel to Walla Walla wine country somewhat frequently and T. Maccarone is the one place we go every time we are there. The food is imaginative and is always well seasoned, prepared, and presented. The wine list is limited, but offers choices across varietals. My wife and I were just there last weekend and are headed back with a group of ten in 3 weeks; can't wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RRumpzaDined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful dinner here on our wine tasting weekend. They even allowed us to sit outside and have our dog with us in their outdoor area. Our waitress was fabulous and the food a real gem.Special Features:
- Excellent dining in wine countrywinemikeDined on 8/14/2014This was a home run dining experience while enjoying wine country. The overall experience was Seattle in a small town. I only wish the Tri-Cities, Prosser, or Yakima would have anything close to T Maccarone's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Thoroughly enjoyed. Great wine selection, dinner beautifully presented and service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to recommendationsThatsmystoryVIPDined on 8/6/2014This was our first trip to Walla Walla, and several people gave us recommendations to this restaurant. Maybe we were expecting too much, but the restaurant was very hot with the waiter sweating heavily. Much to our disappointment one of our dishes had an ingredient substituted to what was described on the menu. The Frutti di Mare dish was very tasty, but was very skimpy on the squid ink pasta. Overall, it's good food; but nothing exceptional.Special Features:
- T MaccaRone'sWinerDined on 8/1/2014Food was really good and very plentiful. If you want to experience more of the menu, I would recommend having an appetizer, splitting an entrée and then enjoy a bite of dessert. My husband really loved the pork shank with beans. And I had the fresh halibut, which was almost more than I could eat! So, I didn't have desert! All in all a great experience and would definitely go again. Forgot to say the Waiter was pretty fabulous as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place and peoplecellarsellerDined on 7/26/2014This appears to be one of the few true Italian restaurants in Walla Walla. Service was friendly, attentive and wanted to please. Food choices were good, not extensive. The food was served hot and as described on the menu. We had no problems and would return.
- The following 233 reviews are from the T. Maccarone's reviews archive.