100 Ocean Avenue
Lynbrook, NY 11563Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theswisstavern.com/
- Phone: 5165992700
- Hours of Operation:
i>Lunch & Dinner:
Daily: 11:30am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: German, American, Burgers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Live Music!
A word from Swiss Tavern
In 1966 Joe and Ilse Engelke bought The Swiss Tavern. They are German immigrants who came to the States in the early 1950s. The Swiss Tavern serviced the local community for over 25 years under their ownership. Today, 19 years later, the Engelke sons have returned as owners. They have thoroughly renovated The Swiss into a new, sleek and cozy neighborhood restaurant and bar. It is their hope that the hospitality and congeniality of the original owners becomes a new tradition at The Swiss Tavern.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Swiss Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
- Don't be deceived by the outside...tonyiovinoDined on 9/7/2013Don't be deceived by the outside...and the silly stick figure on the sidewalk. Inside the place is renovated, clean & modern. The food and service are outstanding. A great find, a great "book" with a lousy "cover". A do not miss for a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I lived closermikeDined on 8/31/2013The food was tasty. The Swiss Tavern offers a wide variety. Staff was warm and efficient. We had a very pleasant meal. I'm only sorry I don't live closer because I'd be there 2-3 times a week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible waitressluv2eatoutDined on 7/12/2013love the place, been there many times. waitress needs to be trained in customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine but not fine diningCeeBeeDined on 11/17/2012We were a group of 4. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The restaurant was recently renovated but lacks charm . The owner and waiter were attentive. This would probably be a good space for a partySpecial Features:
- The food was amazing! VerySailorFoodieVIPDined on 10/6/2012The food was amazing! Very attentive staff and great atmosphere.Special Features: