Swiss Inn and Restaurant
249 Rt 11
Londonderry, VT 05148Neighborhood:
SwissPrice: $30 and under
Swiss Inn and Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.swissinn.com/
- Phone: 802-824-3442
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Swiss
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from Swiss Inn and Restaurant
The Swiss Inn & Restaurant is located in the heart of the green mountains surrounded by Stratton, Bromley, Magic and Okemo Mountains. We have a full service bar and fireside lounge area for your enjoyment. The restaurant offers Swiss/ German cuisine featuring Cheese Fondue, Chicken Fondue, Beef and Chicken Fondue, Raclette, Geschnetzeltes, Wiener Schnitzel, Sauerbraten. We also offer Chicken, Beef, Pork, Seafood and Vegetarian entrees. The evening rounds out with offerings from our homemade dessert tray as well as featured desserts of Chocolate Fondue, Chocolate Souffles and Grand Marnier Souffle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Swiss Inn and Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great Food FindSchoolbusjoeDined on 8/27/2014The Swiss Inn features a widely varied menu at reasonable prices. The dining room overlooks a scenic area featuring bird feeders that attract a variety of birds, squirrels, and chipmunks (even a bear according to the owner). We were there early on a Wednesday evening in late August, and were the only dining room guests while we were there; although there were several bar patrons. We had a wonderful time, being entertained by the owner, and our server. The food was outstanding, carefully prepared and presented, and served promptly without rushing. A definite "go-back-to" for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best schnitzelJulieJ62Dined on 7/19/2014We have had a hard time finding a place to have a great schnitzel and The Swiss Inn is IT! It was a beautiful dining atmosphere with the birds and wildlife right outside the windows of the dining room and that coupled with exceptional food made it a most enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Great meal, please go!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 5/25/2014The cheese, chicken and beef fondue were excellent. Sauerbraten wasn't as good, but side of spaetzle and veggies made up for it. Will definitely return. Owner Joe was so kind, accommodating and entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 46 reviews are from the Swiss Inn and Restaurant reviews archive.
- The food was very good. Theliv2eatDined on 3/15/2014The food was very good. The decor is dated, kind of like grandma's living room.
- Outstanding Place for foodies!BostonchickDined on 2/27/2014While most folks would be in the area for the great skiing, I was there for business. This restaurant was one of the best places I have ever eaten while traveling. The folks who run the place are so friendly that I felt like I was a local. A popcorn machine for the kids was in the large but comfy bar as I passed through to the dining room.All of the food is prepared as it is ordered, so everything is fresh with an extensive menu leaning toward German dishes, but accommodating all palates including vegetarian. It was warm and cozy and snowing as I sat next the window in the low light. Don;t get me started on the desserts! So make your reservations today!!!Special Features:
- Good solid German/Swiss FoodjgrahamiiiVIPDined on 2/1/2014Very much enjoyed this ski-area restaurant. My Wiener Schnitzel was delicious - tender as could be, and we all enjoyed the fondue and raclette to start. It's part of a small inn and very friendly and warm. Would definitely go back when in area.Special Features:
- What a disappointment !!!MarcDined on 1/19/2014This is my first review on open table and I dine out frequently. I am almost 50 yrs of age and I am in the hospitality business . I right this review for one reason only. If I can save another family from an awful experience it would have been worth it. All I wanted was fondue- simple??? I guess not ! The cheese fondue they serve for free at verde was better( that's not saying much). The beef fondue was atrocious ! Random scraps of beef served with horrible condiments - served on a plate, not even in ramekins ? No fondue forks- given wooden sticks. When I realized I ordered to much food and asked to cancel my cheese fondue - I was told NO. Wrong answer!!! My boys-8&11 couldn't stop commenting on how hideous the decor was. Big bummer!!!!
- Good fondue optionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2013My whole family enjoyed the food and the experience. We had cheese, beef and chocolate fondue. All were tasty. Service was good -- friendly and prompt. We look forward to going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chance to have fondue----inclDMARTDined on 9/6/2013Great chance to have fondue----including chocolate fondue for dessert! Wine list (by the glass) not very extensive though....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we will returnvuvvermontDined on 8/24/2013Wife and I went with another couple. First time for them; second for us[several years ago]. Everyone was very pleased. Extensive menu-lots of choices for each course. Only thing I'd change would be to add more wine -by-the -glass choices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceDoriDined on 7/4/2013A mix of American and Swiss cuisine. My trout with lemon and capers was superb. We sat by the window overlooking a little pond and garden and watched lovely birds at the feeder. Staff was great! Soufflé for dessert out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013Portions were generous, even in the half size meals, which was a welcome option on the menu.Special Features:
- Fondue apres skiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013Just really nice place to share a fondue. Reasonably priced, very friendly staff. My girlfriend, daughter, and I had a lot of fun and the staff, including the owner seemed to enjoy letting us do so.
- The food is home made andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2012The food is home made and great. Simple, tasty, and reasonably priced.
- Highly recommend the Fondue.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2012Highly recommend the Fondue. The crowd is a little on the older side. If you are young maybe try and sit on the bar side. Lovely owners though and the desserts are amazing. Will be coming back!Special Features:
- A little swiss delight in VermontHeidiBDined on 8/27/2012A friend and I were visiting the area on a Monday night and were very excited to find the Swiss Inn open for dining. We have visited Switzerland together in the past and love the food. We both indulged in the 3-course prix fixe menu which was a good value. We both had and enjoyed the Veal a la Swiss and desserts were excellent. We had the chocolate souffle which was excellent as was the special of the day, grasshopper pie. We enjoyed our dinner and would go back again.Special Features:
- We made a last minute decisionGGBShortHillsVIPDined on 7/4/2012We made a last minute decision to have dinner at this restaurant. While very quiet and somewhat dated in terms of decor, the food and service were excellent, particularly the Swiss specialties (raclette, fondue, etc.). The bar can be quite animated and fun. Well worth the visit if you are in the area.Special Features:
- Very friendly and accomadating,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2012Very friendly and accomadating, meal was fresh and well prepared. Would definitely return and try other choices, maybe spend some time at the bar area too! Were there on a Mon. night, so not so busy.Special Features:
- Good value for the area andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/27/2011Good value for the area and good variety. The staff are friendly and welcoming. Wife and daughter loved the Beef Stroganoff and all enjoyed the fondueSpecial Features:
- The food was great and theJoHyphenDined on 12/25/2011The food was great and the service was outstanding. The owner and staff were very friendly. We were a bit nervous when we arrived as there was only 1 other couple in the dining room. We thought perhaps that the locals avoided this place....but, the restaurant quickly filled up. The atmosphere was fun and the food selection nice. Have the wiener schnitzel for sure!Special Features:
- Major improvements needed....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011Although the owner and his servers were very nice, the food was very disappointing especially for the price I paid. The fish was over-cooked, dry and lacked flavor. I expected more than steamed carrots for a veggie...again lacking any flavor at all.
- As always. The food,serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2011As always. The food,service a d price was unbeatable.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2011Excellent and right in my backyard. This was our first time there and we were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2011My wife, daughter, and I ate at the Swiss Inn on July 9, 2011 after the matinee performance at the Weston Theater. Each of us thought the entire dining experience was super. The menu offer a wide selection of options. Our salads, appetizers, and entrees were well prepared with fine ingredients. For desert the three of us split two delicious selections. We will be attending another performance at the Weston Playhouse in early August with another couple. We plan to dine at the Swiss Inn again.Special Features:
- We definitely will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/19/2011Attentive and friendly service that made us feel like regulars even though it was our first time there. Loved the Swiss Cheese Fondue that we shared as an appetizer and the deserts, especially the Chocolate Souffle (special that night). Entrees were good as well and nice to have the option to order a small or regular size entree.Special Features:
- Swiss Inn feels like a stepOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/26/2011Swiss Inn feels like a step back in time. It's clear there has been no updating or renovations to the premises in decades. The menu sounds wonderful but the flavors are under-whelming. We thought something out of the ordinary with fondues, raclette, etc. would be so much fun. A great idea but not carried out well. The best part about the experience is the owner/manager -- lots of fun, entertaining and gracious. I'd like to say we'd go back just to see him again, but it's just not worth it.
- Cheese Fondue + A Warm Welcome!MuskDined on 1/29/2011We had a terrific dinner on Saturday night at the Swiss Inn. Excellent Cheese Fondue! It was a perfect meal for a cold night after a day of skiing and snowboarding. I had a delicious salad to start with blue cheese and candied pecans. Also, the owner gave us a great welcome and really made us feel at home at the restaurant. The overall experience was top notch.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2011This place was two exclamation marks amazing!! This diamond-in-the-rough, romantic, foodie Shangri-La was chock full of character. It was like we went to Europe for our anniversary without leaving the VT. After being floored by their killer wine list, we opted to get some Hit-The-Trail Ale from the Eagle's Nest bar. A great start to a better night. We shared french onion soup to start. It had a cetain "Jai ne sais quoi." The surprise palate-cleansing Lemon Intermezzo was complimentary and SO GOOD. We moved on to the Swiss Cheese Fondue -Campbell's Soup might have a trademark case against these people cause it was MMM, MMM good. We finished out the anniversary with a decadent chocolate fondue and a great conversation with the owner.GO HERE!Special Features:
- Super Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/10/2011The Swiss Inn and Restaurant is "Old School" in the best possible way: Super-funny, friendly bartender who also makes a mean Manhattan and terrific, down-to earth table-service. Charming decor, makes you feel like it's Apres - Ski circa 1972! We went there for my father's 80th birthday celebration because we had a hankering for Swiss food and we had a ball! The waitstaff went out of their way to make it special, we weren't rushed and the fondue, raclette and sauerbraten did not disappoint.Special Features:
- We were in ski country andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2011We were in ski country and recalled an excellent fondue dinner once long ago at the Swiss Inn. It was just as delicious as we had remembered.
- Laways a pleasure to RetrunOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/24/2010Laways a pleasure to Retrun to the Swiss Inn for a relaxed, unpretentious dinner during Ski Season. Joe and the entire gang are welcoming, and allow us to have a relaxed APres Ski repastSpecial Features:
- Not fancy, but yummy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2010Not fancy, but yummy food and very friendly, entertaining proprietors. Our family had a fun evening -- great for sharing, trying lots of dishes.Special Features:
- My Swiss veal dish was tooOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/16/2010My Swiss veal dish was too salty. It was generously replaced by less salty version and I was offered a dessert on the house. The owner apologized and said it should never have happened. Apparently I was served the salty dregs at the bottom of the pot.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2010The food and service were good. The fondue was popular so everyone went home smelling of hot oil. Good for a one time experience but I wouldn't go back.
- We went for Valentine's Day.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010We went for Valentine's Day. The food was good. The service was very good. My husband and I are both Culinary trained so we can be pretty picky. We really liked the smaller dinner option on most meals. This allows you to enjoy the Cheese fondue app, have dinner and enjoy dessert comfortably. We also felt the pricing was reasonable for what they offer for meals.Special Features:
- What this restaurant lacks1lovesfinediningVIPDined on 2/13/2010What this restaurant lacks in ambiance it makes up for in both food and service! We were warmly welcomed to a very nice table. Service was attentive and friendly! The swiss cheese fondue was excellent. The chocolate fondue was excellent! The Irish coffee was also excellent!
- Very enjoyable meal. One ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/17/2010Very enjoyable meal. One of the best dessert souffles I've ever had! We shared cheese fondue as an appetizer for 5 people and it was wonderful. They also have half size dinner entrees on most items so you can save room for dessert. It's well worth it. We had chocolate fondue as well as the grand marnier souffle. Very, very, very good. The owner and waitstaff were all very nice.Special Features:
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/15/2010The food was very good. The sauerbraten and chicken lugano were excellent and the prices are reasonable. The Swiss Inn is a quiet place with a wonderful warm atmosphere. The Innkeeper makes everyone feel welcome.Special Features:
- The food and service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/10/2010The food and service was excellent. I'd highly recommend this place for excellent dining and a great night out. With the snow stacked up outside and eating fondue made me feel like I actually was in Switzerland for a little bit. I will definitely go back in the future.Special Features:
- Great dinner choice for theTjd11VIPDined on 1/1/2010Great dinner choice for the region. Well made favorites, including cheese fondue, raclette, and veal dishes, soufflé were delicious. Service was excellent and not overpriced. Almost went back the next day because of a lack of alternative options.