Swiss Chalet - Woodland Park
19263 E US HWY 24
Woodland Park, CO 80863Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Swiss Chalet - Woodland Park
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://swisschaletofwoodlandpark.com/
- Phone: 7196872001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Continental
- Executive Chef: Joel Vasek
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Neil Levy 7193326338
A word from Swiss Chalet - Woodland Park
Built in 1962 with spectacular views of Pikes Peak, the Swiss Chalet offers continental cuisine prepared thoughtfully. Enjoy lunch or dinner Tuesday through Sunday either in our quaint dining room or comfortable patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Swiss Chalet - Woodland Park - Best Restaurants in Woodland Park ›
Swiss Chalet - Woodland Park reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (24)romantic (18)scenic view (14)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (4)good for groups (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great place for lunchWPYearrounderDined on 7/31/2014We made reservations on OpenTable and did not need them for a 1pm lunch on a Thursday afternoon. The Swiss Chalet is a cute little place to have a special lunch for someone. We went for my mother’s birthday. The staff was great and very helpful. We all enjoyed our meals, the sandwiches from the “pantry” menu were the highlight of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime RibCobourgirlDined on 7/29/2014The prime rib I had was good but did not rise to their extremely high standards. I'd asked for medium rare and got the high side of medium. All of their meals have been excellent in the past My husband's dinner (Jaeger Schnitzel) was excellent as was the onion soup we both ordered. We strongly recommend going to The Swiss Chalet - just don't order the Prime Rib if you're looking for an outstanding meal. The rest of their menu items won't disappoint.Special Features:
- ExcellenceVic31Dined on 7/11/2014From the moment we entered this quiet, quaint restaurant, my husband and I felt pampered and cared for. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerLocalsDined on 7/11/2014We went to Swiss Chalet for an anniversary dinner. Everything about our experience was wonderful. The waitstaff were friendly and accommodating. The atmosphere was comfortable and romantic. And the food was to die for. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- bontonDined on 7/5/2014Wonderful Experience - been many times and have never had any thing except excellent food, service -long term staff knowledgeable and friendly One of the Gems in the Rockies !Special Features:
- Service lacklusterviking60Dined on 6/24/2014This would have been the perfect place to celebrate our 25th anniversary if it had better service. We had to ask for things & got served in an off hand manner. Won't be back.Special Features:
- Great dining at Swiss ChaletDrewsDined on 6/21/2014I opted for Lobster Tails, substituting a second for the Filet Mignon offered, and vegetable soup in lieu of salad. Soup was tasty and hot, reminding me of fresh home-made soup; the tails were perfectly cooked, attractively presented, and the accompanying pasta tasty but not too filling. My wife had a crisp house salad, then Sea Scallops, perfectly seared, fresh and sweet tasting, served on a linguini with mushrooms base that was delicious. We paired the meal with a bottle of Drouhin Macon Village, the perfect white wine for the meal. Service was attentive and friendly, as usual.Special Features:
- JoeteeDined on 6/12/2014Great food, but the restaurant was crowded and the kitchen couldn't keep up. We got our main courses just short of two hours after being seated.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceSpinnerDined on 5/14/2014The restaurant is very nice with an amazing staff and equally amazing food. I would highly recommend eating here.Special Features:
- Swiss Chalet night outdineoutDined on 5/13/2014We enjoyed our evening at the Swiss Chalet. We have visited several times in the last couple of years; a wonderful place to dine.Special Features:
- Great European cuisineMountainMikeDined on 4/29/2014We are a repeat customer and enjoy the Swiss Chalet for special occasions. The authentic European cuisine is outstanding, especially the pepper steak. Prices are a little high. We love this place but a little too high to eat here too often.Special Features:
- The following 120 reviews are from the Swiss Chalet - Woodland Park reviews archive.
- Not what was expected....Cysco1988Dined on 4/18/2014Drove by location several times and really wanted to check it out. I lived in Europe for several years and wanted to see if similar experience and taste.... Took my parents as I was visiting from out of state. Service was EXTREMELY slow and non attentive. Way too long in between courses. Waited almost half hr to get soup! And no, it wasn't busy.... Food was decent, but no big shocker. Very disappointed and wouldn't refer to anyone. Step it up guys.....
- Very Good ChoiceCelticSkyesDined on 4/15/2014My wife and I each had the Prime Rib special recently. The food was superb! We also ordered dessert (something that I normally do not do.) The apple pie was amazing! Fresh, flaky crust with a hit of butter. The staff is professional and attentive without being overbearing. When we requested that a window blind be closed because the sun was becoming much too bright on our table, they got right on it. Overall it was a very good experience, and we do intend to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful dinner, theMarke1Dined on 4/5/2014Had a wonderful dinner, the restaurant was cozy, the food was great. We will be returning to the Swiss Chalet soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014We went to Swiss Chalet for our anniversary dinner at the recommendation of our innkeeper. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. The service was great. Wonderful menu choices. We had the fondue, which was very tasty. It was just the romantic, quiet, quality meal we were hoping for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visit - we'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014We've lived in Colorado Springs for over 20 years, and have noticed the Swiss Chalet many times, but never visited until now. We've been missing out! On the recommendation of a friend, we made a reservation for dinner and it was wonderful! It was beautiful and quaint, a very nice place to spend a quiet evening. Our meal was outstanding, as was the service and atmosphere. The prices were reasonable and we will definitely be back, and recommend the Swiss Chalet to our friends. Thank you for a most memorable dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionMattDined on 2/19/2014This was my first time to the swiss chalet. Outstanding food attentive wait staff fast service. I drive past this restaurant every night going to and coming from work and am disappointed with myself for not enjoying this restaurant sooner. My advice is go there you deserve it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DinnerCAzzopardiDined on 2/15/2014Swiss Chalet had very good food. The restaurant was a little small and our seat was located in a very busy area. If you make reservation i would recommend stating specifically where you would like to be seated. There were several other seating areas that where more out of the way and more private. You must order the mushroom soup, best soup ever. The Chilean Sea Bass was very tender and nice size portion for the price $35.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in the forestImpressedDined on 2/15/2014This was our first time visiting. It's a very quaint, romantic place to go for a special occasion. The menu is quite varied and has a dish that everyone will enjoy. The hollandaise sauce on my dates halibut was wonderful. My rib eye steak was perfect and of generous proportion. Even the Champagne vinagrette salad dressing was unique. The place filled up to capacity and walk ins were sent packing because there was no room available at the inn. It seems that everyone in town knows how good the food is. Make sure you call for reservations..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experience5280Dined on 2/14/2014The Swiss Chalet has to be the best restaurant I have visited since I came to Colorado in 2001. The service was outstanding (totally focusing on the customer) and the food was REALLY good! My fiancée even decided to try escargot for the first time. She ate it and I don't think she wants to do that again (Although it has nothing to do with how it was cooked). I know that the escargot was just as good as it was when I tried it in Paris. She LOVED the Sea Bass though! Besides the food being great, it was just nice to see that a place was going above and beyond to make you feel valuable as a customer. We live over an hour away, but I think I want to make this restaurant at least a once a month visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic RestaurantJimHDined on 2/14/2014Over the past few years we have been looking for the perfect anniversary restaurant and we feel we finally found it at the Swiss Chalet. Everything was perfect and it's here in Woodland Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow serviceCupidDined on 2/13/2014I have to admit that it was very busy being the night before Valentine's Day. Our reservations were at 7:00 and we didn't get out meal until almost 9:00. The two couples next to us were very loud and bragging about how rich they were (not the Swiss Chalet's fault but it was annoying). When we did get our food, it was very good. Love the ambience with the log cabin feel and fireplace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, the service, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/23/2014As always, the service, food and wine were excellent. You can chose a cheaper venue, but, you won't find a better overall experience for the money. The real test comes when you leave after an enjoyable evening...with a satisfied smile on your face.Special Features:
- Favorite Local RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/14/2014My husband and I always enjoy our meals at the Swiss Chalet, whether it is lunch or dinner. The wait staff are attentive and the food never disappoints.Special Features:
- New Years Eve DinnerhowieDined on 12/31/2013We could not have asked for a better place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor New Year's Eve ExperienceJamesDined on 12/31/2013Arrived 10 minutes early for our 7:30PM reservation. Promptly seated and ordered shortly thereafter. 45 minutes for our appetizers to arrive and mine was skipped, 50 minutes more for our mains to arrive. Not their best effort.Special Features:
- Average experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2013The food and service were good but not great. Even though we had a reservation, the table we were seated at was right at the front door so every time the door opened we got hit with cold air.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly happy!lilschatzDined on 12/8/2013First time, but extremely pleased overall. The food and ambience were perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and a beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013Fabulous food and a beautiful little restaurant. We had Thanksgiving dinner, and it was fabulous. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local spot - and fine diningMeierWPDined on 11/26/2013Had a great family dinner during the Tuesday Prime Rib night at Swiss Chalet. The team that provided our dinner were outstanding. Everyone will enjoy the ambiance and great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best restaurantsjerrykDined on 11/26/2013one of the best restaurants in all of the Pikes Peak areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!ldlamDined on 11/23/2013Everything about our dining experience here was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoped for moreKrystalDined on 11/2/2013I have had the filet mignon at the Swiss Chalet before and was amazed at how delicious it was. Unfortunately, this recent time- the béarnaise sauce we were served was on the side of the filet, cold, and a gray, thick substance. Last time I went, the béarnaise sauce was warm and coated over the steak. The potatoes served on the side tasted as though they were made a week ago and were shriveled with a strange, unpleasant taste. The grilled vegetables on the side were five slices and no seasoning or flavor. Everything else we had was delicious, but the filet was a big disappointment for our anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2013You can be certain that the quality of each dish served has been individually prepared - not fast food - and the relaxed atmosphere in which each course is perfectly paced. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBroncoManDined on 10/25/2013The Swiss Chalet is top notch! This is one of the best kept secrets in Colorado!! Outstanding food, service, and ambiance all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & Customer Service!MatthewDined on 10/25/2013We've been to Swiss Chalet several times, both with our 2 kids and with out. We've always had the best customer service and the food is always excellent. This particular time we had a gift certificate for two for dinner. Since there was four of us, we offered to pay for our extra child's meal and dessert, but the owner wasn't having it. We really appreciated the gesture and are sure to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchCowbellDined on 10/17/2013Lunch with my two gal pals, couldn't have been better, that's Swiss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!SunshineDined on 10/12/2013Do you have a favorite restaurant that you could count on for excellent food and service and one day those conditions cease to exist? Not so with the SWISS CHALET. The Swiss Chalet is Woodland Park's premiere gourmet restaurant, wonderful food with favorites that continue on the menu for years, a good wine list, comfortable Alpine décor that makes guests comfortable whether they are dressed elegantly, Western or comfort/casual, warm and welcoming ambiance. When we arrived in Colorado 20 years ago, it was recommended to us and we've been guests ever since. Old world Swiss specialties, steaks and seafood - delicious and beautiful presentation. Our personal favorite: Sea Bass - a favorite among repeat customers. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in Woodland Park9494Dined on 10/6/2013This is the ONLY restaurant in Woodland Park that qualifies as fine dining. The ambiance is very nice. Both the food and service are consistently excellent. We have eaten there a number of times over the years and have never been disappointed. The menu is interesting with both fresh seafood and high quality meat selections accompanied by a nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful View and Quiet AmbianceFestiveEaterDined on 9/25/2013I saw this restaurant while driving through Woodland Park and thought it would be a nice place for a romantic dinner. I was definitely correct! Solid selection of wines and beers. The food variety was very good, with many specialties from the Alps regions. A reservation was key, as the drive to the location is a bit far to be turned away. The beer-cheese soup was outstanding, as was the Macadamia encrusted Halibut and Veal Vienna style. No room for dessert, so will have to try next time. The service was attentive without being pushy, and gavegood recommendations. Overall, a great place for a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.