Swiss Bistro and Bakery
401 S Guadalupe St
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
SwissPrice: $30 and under
Swiss Bistro and Bakery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://swissbakerysantafe.com/
- Phone: 5059881111x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast and lunch 7 days a week 7:00 am - 3:00pm
Dinner Wednesday - Saturday 5:00pm- 10:00pm
Pastries Thursday - Sunday 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Swiss Bistro Bar 3:00 pm - 10:00 Wednesday - Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French, Swiss
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Swiss Bistro and Bakery
Philippe Mϋller was born in the beautiful city of Lausanne Switzerland and trained as Patissier Confiseur (Pastries and Chocolatier). Over the years he has worked in the finest kitchens in London and at Honold/Sprungli in Zurich Switzerland. Phillippe came to Santa Fe 32 years ago and worked as a pâtisserie chef at Swiss Bakery and Restaurant, Las Campanas and most recently has been in sales. His passion of fine foods and delectable pastries has never left him.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Swiss Bistro and Bakery reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (2)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (2)romantic (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- good lunch in Santa FeXabenDined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed this restaurant that found on open table. The French onion soup was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodGrrreatDined on 8/8/2014I have been there three times. Last visit was with 15 other seniors. We were treated well. Service was excellent. We were placed near an open door, so the flies were a little too abundant. The prices are fair for what we got. My hamburger was too well done, and very dry. I received no other complaints from the other 14 diners. Many took home half their lunch as servings were large. The country fried potatoes were tasty but old and dry. Pastries were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRuseeVIPDined on 7/10/2014Better for breakfast. Food was not well presented on the plate, flavor was "off". I wanted to like it but not great.
- Bechamel Bad4warnedis4armedDined on 7/4/2014The classic béchamel on the signature crepe loaded with nutmeg and too thick, way over the top. I used to love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Average (C-)RJL55Dined on 6/29/2014Should have realized that the lack of a crowd at a breakfast spot/bakery on a Sunday around noon was a bad ign. While there were plenty of staff working, they seemed to cluster around the counter talking - rather then being customer centric or attentive. Food was average. The hash browns were absolutely awful - the cubed potatoes better. I asked the server for a recommendation. He suggest the Italian omelet with mozzarella. Might have worked flavor wise, but they didn't melt the cheese at all - so the omelet was actually cold. Typical Santa Fe "hospitality" - the city indifferent.
- Look forward to returnfoodislifeazDined on 6/24/2014Excellent deserts. Proprietor Julio Julian Marquez is a top notch business owner.
- The following 9 reviews are from the Swiss Bistro and Bakery reviews archive.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014The patio was unattractive with an area that looked like a potting shed and furniture that had seen better days years ago. The food was uninspiring and didn't liove up to the expectations described in the restaurant write-up or the menus promises. In all probability this is a breakfast business that has over reached in its pretensions.
- Croissants from Heaven!foodandwinefanDined on 5/11/2014Swiss Bakery is well run and has good food. It is one of our weekend breakfast spots, and it never disappoints.Special Features:
- Mussels & PizzanordicaVIPDined on 5/9/2014Perhaps the best European-style pizza in Santa Fe, we loved the prosciutto and arugula pizza, nice sweet red sauce and perfect crisp and flavorful crust, excellent. The mussels come in several preparations and are a great way to start. Large salads round out the meal, except for dessert, if you have room enjoy one of their house made pastries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Gem in Santa Fe1bluedevilfanDined on 4/20/2014We were very happy with our Easter brunch. The hostess and server were very friendly and accommodating. We would go back.Special Features:
- Nice change of pacenordicaVIPDined on 3/7/2014Great for pastries and lunch, the Swiss is now serving dinner as well. Everything from burgers to Chicken Cordon Bleu, nice salads and great mussels. A nice, tortilla-free option at good prices in the Guadaloupe district. Enjoy a well priced wine list... and some live music!Special Features:
- Good Food Great BeersteinsatoDined on 2/27/2014I checked the "Notable Wine List" box not because of the wines but because of the gigantic beer selection this restaurant has. One of the best I've found in Santa Fe. Beer always gets overlooked by restaurants but not here. The food was excellent however we ordered the Hazelnut moose tort or something like that and it was clearly not hazelnut. It was white chocolate. My girlfriend mentioned it to the waiter. He didn't admit that we got the wrong dessert but he did bring her a Tirramisu to take home since she really didn't touch the other one. Overall we were pretty happy with the meal. We went during restaurant week so the price was fantastic as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OK. Restaurant newOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/24/2014Food was OK. Restaurant new to dinner, so there may be some tweaking going on.Special Features:
- Lousy, expensive burgersJimmyDined on 12/12/2013Burgers were only 1/4 pound and cost about $10. You would do much better elsewhere with bigger burgers for the same price. Ate there at night and it was cold during the meal. Would definitely not recommend. Overall dinner seemed pricey for what you got.
- This is my friend's favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/15/2013This is my friend's favorite restaurant. I think it reminds her of Europe. The menu and I do not agree, and it is dark inside during the day.