Swine Southern Table & Bar
2415 Ponce de Leon Blvd
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Swine Southern Table & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.runpigrun.com/
- Phone: 7863606433x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Phillip Bryant
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From restaurant conception to design and construction, 50 Eggs is a multi-faceted, full-service culinary and hospitality brand that has been developing irrepressible brands and creating unparalleled dining experiences since 2001. We offer a wide range of private dining options to accommodate any type of event with a variety of cuisines, venues, and formats. When you choose to host your event at one of our restaurants, you are ensuring a complete hand-crafted experience, from invitations to menus to décor and much more. Plan your next affair with us for an unforgettable event that your guests will be talking about for years to come.
- Private Party Contact: Kristen Rabold 7863602553x
A word from Swine Southern Table & Bar
With a man cave feel and in-house smoker that can be smelled from a block away, Swine has received a warm welcome to the Coral Gables neighborhood. Maintaining the same top-notch techniques and standards of hospitality as its sister restaurant, Swine offers a constantly evolving food and beverage menu that work together to create the perfect Southern meal in a down-home, feel good environment. “From the moment you walk in the door, you are completely transported out of Miami,” 50 Eggs, Inc. CEO/Founder John Kunkel says. “Swine provides a full dining experience with an interior that reflects the refinement of the South.” It feels barn-like because it is in fact made from reclaimed wood of an actual barn in South Carolina. Housed inside is the state-of-the-art smoker and wood-fired grills, adding a signature flavor and level of authenticity unique to the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Swine Southern Table & Bar - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Swine Southern Table & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (103)neighborhood gem (69)hot spot (67)good for groups (53)great for lunch (51)great for brunch (48)special occasion (47)vibrant bar scene (37)late-night find (23)romantic (17)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Great decor, ambiance and very delicious, tasty food. Loved the Fried Green Tomatoes and Deviled eggs. The corn muffin is simply out of this world! We celebrated my husband's birthday and the staff was very accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Cool atmosphere. The service was great. We ordered the pork shoulder, ribs, mac and cheese, and cornbread; our food was out within minutes of ordering. A+ on taste. My only complaint was the noise level. There's loud music playing in the background and people shouting over the music to talk the people in their table. If you're in a large group this probably wouldn't be an issue but not suitable for a date night. Bar looked popping though, so will come back one day for happy hour.Special Features:
- Ga Boy Gives His ApprovalMiaFoodieDined on 9/19/2014Swine does southern barbeque right! Greatly decorated restaurant. The food was wonderful. The service was pleasant. I would recommend and will eat there again.Special Features:
- Great food, service and sceneryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014I had a great experience at Swine. I bumped into some friends and had a great time with great food, not to mention the hot bartender and server made for excellent eye candy ;) Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014solid as a rock. always good...........................................................Special Features:
- Swine ReviewjackeyeDined on 9/12/2014Took my friend here for her birthday. The food was great. My friend had the shrimp and grits and I had the 12 hour smoked brisket. Our sides of macaroni and cheese was the bomb. I'm from the south and I love my southern comfort food. Swine hit the spot. I would drive the 3 1/2 hours again to eat her again.Special Features:
- Amazing CocktailstennisfanDined on 9/11/2014our group had our minds blown cocktail wise by Cooper...he completely changed our minds on gin..the Don't Tell Cece is an absolute must!Special Features:
- great brunch!PattyDined on 9/7/2014Brunch was delicious and going at 11 when it was not full yet guaranteed that the service and the food were both perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, amazing food!JalucianilDined on 9/6/2014I was blown away by our server's (Amilkar) amicable energy, and willingness to make our experience the best possible. His recommendations were spot on, taking into account our tastes. The plates were all amazing. My favorites were the slow roasted pork shoulder and the chocolate candy bar for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelybitjohDined on 9/5/2014Great expercience! Loved the food and the concept of sharing the plates. Little noisy sometimes. Must do in coral gables!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kfamily4VIPDined on 9/2/2014Service is outstanding. Very flexible and knowledgeable servers. Can get family style portions of individual ones. Reservations are a must as it is a very popular place. The whole menu is good so you will to come back just to try all of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old but still in fashion!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014So far for us, the best Old Fashions in town! and a fabulous wait staff!Special Features:
- Pork belly heaven....fluffynfine1Dined on 8/27/2014I had the pork belly and brisket....it was to die for!! I was some what disappointed that pork chops weren't an option, but I will return. The bar selection is great too!Special Features:
- Smells like being at camp!cr8jobsDined on 8/26/2014I love this place! Whenever I enter this restaurant, the smell gets my taste buds roaring. This visit was for lunch. We were handed the Miami Spice menu upon being seated (we did NOT need to ask). We ordered one of each item. Deviled Eggs; Fried Green Tomatoes; Pulled Chicken Salad & BLT sandwich and shared. Everything was outstanding. I loved the deviled eggs, my friend loved the tomatoes. We both agreed on the bread pudding, but, I had to take mine 'to go'. YUM. Love Swine!Special Features:
- Swine restaurantCarliDined on 8/24/2014Swine is my favorite southern restaurant. The moment you walk in a scent of hickory wood and songs of classic rock warms the atmosphere. Love the take on classics small plates such as devil eggs and pork cheeks. Bone marrow is to die for...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Everthing was fantastic. I have mixed view on service. 86 info came as he was delivering the other apps. so then we had 2 apps and diner delivered all at same time. table cleared had to wait at least 30 min for dessert and had to chase him down for it and checkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as YardbirdslckingDined on 8/21/2014The Miami Spice menu was OK - sausage was no big deal, shortribs were a little fatty - desert was good. On the regular menu, fried green tomatoes were good - bacon waffles were interesting and OK but overpriced. Overall it was OK but nothing compared to Yardbird.
- IncrediblefibbingtonDined on 8/20/2014Easily the best BBQ/smoked meal I have ever had. The Molasses mop.. yummm. It is a hair pricey, but it's worth every cent. And this is coming from a cheapskate!Special Features:
- all around greatAnnieDined on 8/18/2014First time going to Swine and it was great all around. The service was good. Asked for suggestions from the server and he was very helpful. It is a family-share style serving so beware of maybe ordering too much food. We asked our server if he felt we had enough with our order or if we should order another plate and his suggestion was to leave as it was. As it turned out it was just the right amount of food. Everything was delicious - from starters to dessert. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Broad range of food, all excellentMikeDined on 8/17/2014You can't help but over order in this place as the menu looks great. It doesn't disappoint. Go with friends, order half the menu and share food. Go back a week later and repeat with the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- Delicious brunchSbt628VIPDined on 8/17/2014We always love going to brunch at Swine. The blueberry pancakes are the best as is their omelette of the day. The yogurt granola and fruit are very good also. Service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing and overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014It was great when it opened but the food has slipped dramatically making the prices unacceptably high. Burnt ends were neither burnt nor endds, but instead cubes of gristle and fat. Smoked pork shoulder was mushy and tasteless.
- Awesome as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Great place for Southern comfort food with first-class service in the Gables. From the hostess, to the bartender, server Manager, service was exceptional. All hands were in when it came to service, and the food was amazing as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smells divine once you arrive!FoodisgoodDined on 8/15/2014Swine has the southern appeal. From the decor to the food. The cornbread is delicious and the Mac n cheese is heaven. Jen at the bar upstairs prepared a yummy drink. Forgot the name but it's a signature drink try prepare. Highly recommend and will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodHAS1VIPDined on 8/14/2014Nice place to dine in....but limited menu....very good service and nice ambianceSpecial Features:
- BrianDined on 8/14/2014The Grilled Gem lettuce with fish dip appetizer is excellent. The ribs are delicious and the brisket steak is good. I have never seen a brisket steak before and I spent considerable time in Austin. The triple chocolate Texas Toast Bred putting is an excellent desert. The cocktail tasting with the Miami Spice menu is highly recommended. I really enjoyed the atmosphere at the restaurant which is decorated in a country fashion. I have been numerous times and will be going back.Special Features:
- Deliciousnerdboy88Dined on 8/12/2014My girlfriend and I enjoyed every bite. I was full off the salad! We went for the Miami Spice Menu which was not a let down. If you enjoy great food and great service do not miss the opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that goodAwsomeDined on 8/10/2014Can not understand how after smoking meat for 14 hrs. you still end up with dry meat?!! Side dishes we so covered with melted chees that you could not taste any of the other ingredients. Average but over prices menu and same applies for the wine list.
- Swine n DineSwinendineDined on 8/9/2014Overall experience was fantastic. All of the food was pretty darn amazing. Only complaint is that some of the pieces of the burnt ends were dry and other were moist but still enjoyed it. The brisket wasn't as good as the first I had it there but still worth while. A little inconsistent. The temperature of most of the dishes could of been a little hotter except the fried green tomatoes burnt the roof of my friends mouth.Special Features:
- Nice Saturday BrunchDavidADined on 8/9/2014Came here with my girlfriend and a friend to have brunch and it was quite good. Most brunches that I have had were buffet style, whereas this was limited to picking your entree. Our table ended up going with a brisket burger, a sticky bun, and pulled pork with eggs. Everything was well presented and delicious. I had the burger, and it was very juicy, full of swine too! They served it with fries and bacon ketchup, which is outstanding. Although the food was great, I hesitate to give it 5 stars because I would need more to judge. It was only one plate, of fairly basic items (my fault). Let's put it like this - I am going back again because I want to taste more of the menu. So I think you should give it a shot too. :)Special Features:
- Reinvented Southern CookingFlutistDined on 8/6/2014We opted to try several small dishes to get a wider sense of the culinary range of the place. They were all delicious, but the deviled eggs shone above everything else. This my second time dining here and I can confirm that the food is superb if pricey. However, this second time, the service was subpar. The waiter was distracted and inattentive. For example, he neglected to tell us it was happy hour until after he had served our drinks and only because I asked (I would have ordered the beer that was on happy hour special, has I known). Also, the food took forever to arrive (I think because the waiter forgot to put in the order). Finally, the place gets so noisy, it's impossible to keep a conversation. In summary, great food, bad service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- M.HoodMHoodVIPDined on 8/3/2014Fantastic great food and defiantly the real deal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch ExperienceSbt628VIPDined on 8/3/2014Always good food and ambiance at Swine. Brunch is the best! Fun to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome waffles!!Lostintheglades14Dined on 8/2/2014I tried it out just to see what the fuss at work was all about and its fame struck true. The food was great and ingenious. The pork belly tha accompanied my cheddar waffles was so butter soft I finished the whole plate which was a big portion. The only issue was parking in coral gables... They have a valet parking next to the restaurant but you need cash otherwise the nearest ATM's charge you and arm and a leg!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent BBQlizbVIPDined on 8/1/2014After reading varied reviews, I was a little worried about service, however they sat us right away and the server was attentive. It was a Friday and it was busy. The drinks where good though mine needed to be adjusted. $$$. Appetizer tips, where good the other appetizer we had was so so. some kind of pork sliced w a cheese and some toasted bread. Main course I had the waffle and bacon or a pork cheek type of meat that was fried like chicken very delicious. My husband had the slow cooked brisket. It was good but so is the one at shorty's BBQ. I think the place was fun and I was really looking forward to trying it. I think the prices are a little to expensive for what you get.Special Features:
- Not going backCtfdezDined on 8/1/2014Some menu items are good. Some not so good & everything is a la carte. They don't even bring bread to the table without a charge. The restaurant is very loud due to the very busy bar. Overall - Swine has room for improvement. Consistency is one thing they need to work on. Also if they just make some simple changes, like having the corn bread be the complementary bread basket for the table, it would go a long way towards customers feeling like the restaurant is a-la-carteing then for every penny.Special Features:
- Fat, Fat and More FatfinickyfoodieVIPDined on 7/29/2014Pork tastes better if it has some fat on it, that is where a good portion of the flavor and juiciness resides. But have you ever taken a bite of something and it is nothing but fat? I ordered a brisket steak and expected to receive a large cut of brisket with a strip of fat on it. What I received was a large cut of fat with a strip of brisket on it. The restaurant is very dark, so I didn't realize the situation for the first few minutes. I located what I thought was the strip of fat on the outer edge and I cut it away from the meat. I started eating the meat. After eating an inch of meat I discovered that the other side of the steak was fat as well. In all I would say that what I was served was 65% fat and 35% brisket. Don't bother.Special Features:
- Bacon, Chicken, and VegansynotDined on 7/27/2014I've been to Swine twice before, but my friends and I have been dying to come here as a group. We finally did, and it was great. I had the fried bacon and waffles, which is my favorite item on the menu - the maple syrup is the best I've ever had, and the bacon is second only to a place in New York. Friend A had the chicken and dumplings, and I had a bite, and it was some of the best chicken I've ever had. He also had a cherry soda that he said was delicious. Friend B had the forager's plate, the only vegetarian item on the large plates menu, because he is a vegan (the dish has cheese though, so hardcore vegans will be hard-pressed). The service was great too, and kept my cup of water full to the top.Special Features:
- bottomlessDined on 7/27/2014the food was great the employees were very helpful i love the place laid back and casual i would recommend it to everyone.Special Features:
- #RunPigRunemocion2Dined on 7/26/2014The hashtag says it all. You better run pig because this place will make a million things taste great because of you. Awww poor piggie but lucky us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.