Swiftwater Cafe - Hyatt Regency SFO
1333 Bayshore Highway
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Swiftwater Cafe - Hyatt Regency SFO
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sanfranciscoairport.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/
- Phone: 6506962690
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Menu available Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am; (Breakfast Buffet available on Sunday until 9:00am , Monday - Saturday until 9:30am) ; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm ; Lunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm ; Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm ; **Please note that Lunch and Dinner are subject to closure due to business volume. Please check for specific lunch or dinner availability by making a reservation for that date and time.**
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Herb Ng
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: .
- Private Party Contact: Willie Berdal 6506962690x2753
- Entertainment: Margie Baker with her Live Jazz Band is featured every Sunday at Brunch from 10:00am till 2:00pm.
A word from Swiftwater Cafe - Hyatt Regency SFO
The calming and relaxed atmosphere of our atrium cafe invites you to sit back and enjoy the delicious creations of our talented chefs in a lush natural environment. Whether you are starting out your day with a cup of coffee and our plentiful breakfast buffet, joining your colleagues for a working lunch, or enjoying a peaceful dinner, the award winning Swiftwater Cafe will delight your taste buds. We offer the latest in California cuisine featuring favorite American dishes infused with locally produced ingredients showcasing gourmet sandwiches, spectacular entrees and mouth-watering salads. Our award winning Sunday Champagne Jazz Brunch with Dr. Margie Baker boasts a plethora of delightful tastes to tantalize your palate. A favorite of guests and local residents alike, this sumptuous feast offers a wide array of tempting choices including omelettes, waffles, fresh seafood, refreshing salads, authentic specialty dishes and decadent desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Swiftwater Cafe - Hyatt Regency SFO - Best Restaurants in Burlingame ›
Swiftwater Cafe - Hyatt Regency SFO reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (14)special occasion (11)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (1)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Hostess AwfulbelbelDined on 9/21/2014We had reservation through OpenTable. When we arrived, one of the hostess was busy. The other (a younger woman) totally ignored us for a couple minutes. Then, she took us to a very crowded area. When I inquired if we could have another table (there were a few unoccupied), she said that they were all reserved. I reminded her that we had reservation. She turned away. One of the waiters was very helpful and set up another table for us. A few minutes later, the hostess came by and gave our daughter a nasty glare.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary BrunchDeedeeDined on 9/7/2014Nice ambiance for anniversary brunch. Staff very attentive and food was very fresh. Shrimp cocktail and sushi was delicious. Mimosas kept coming! I also had a made-to-order omelet with everything and the kitchen sink! Only wished for more variety on the dim sum.Special Features:
- NotSatisfyDined on 8/31/2014Too pricy for what are there. Not much variety and very little seafood. See flies around fruit slices.
- AWESOME TimeMemorableDined on 7/20/2014I treated my brother and sister-in-law there for my brother's birthday. We had such a wonderful time. I have no complaints, in fact it was a most memorable event. I was glad we were able to share the memory there. I would entertain company there again in a heart beat.Special Features:
- Special Sunday Brunch BuffetRestauranteurVIPDined on 7/20/2014The food selection is very good, the atmosphere is incredible, in the amazing Atrium of the Hyatt hotel, You're indoors but you feel like you're outside. Great wait staff. It's a fairly good value as well, with easy validated parking and good access to the restaurant area. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- candyVIPDined on 7/5/2014Because the hotel was fully booked and we were not aware of it, their regular menu was not available but the manager and server went out of their way to make something special for us and made us feel very comfortable, we will be coming back but we will make sure first that the restaurant will be offering their regular lunch menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what is a review titleluvbuffetsDined on 6/15/2014Food was very good. The set up of getting food was very efficient since patrons could go to different stations without being crowded by other patrons. Food selection was varied and appealingly displayed. The setting was fabulous. The prime rib was about the best I've ever eaten. The pork was a bit dry as was the chicken, but the salmon was quite good even though it was in the serving trays and subject to being over-cooked as it sat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A total waste of time and moneyCoffeeguy62Dined on 6/15/2014First of all, it was a Sunday brunch. The food was not up to temperature. Nothing stood out on the menu. The food was mediocre at best. Our waiter ignored anyone who wasn't of Oriental decent. He would pour coffee at one table, walk past a couple of others and then serve another. People had to stop him to get anything. Sorry, but this was a two thumbs down experience. At fifty dollars per person, i expect much more.. Especially from an upscale hotel. They really don't care about their client's experience. We wont be back, and advise others to stay away.
- The following 202 reviews are from the Swiftwater Cafe - Hyatt Regency SFO reviews archive.
- decent place for brunch, but priceysb77Dined on 5/18/2014Service could be a little better. Came here for Sunday brunch and made a reservation for 1245. Got there right around 1255 and no one was waiting to be seated. I approached the hostess to notify I was here with a reservation and then was told to wait. They knew I had a reservation and there was clearly no one waiting but I had to wait a good 10 mins before I was seated. I was told they were preparing the table. Why did I even make a reservation if I would still have to wait with clearly no one else around waiting? The hostess did apologize, but maybe I was just really hungry and anything would irritate me at that time. Overall, food was decent. Nice selection of food. Staff attentive to filling drinks. A bit pricey. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014This was lovely for Brunch. However our reservations was at 3pm & the food set up started closing down at 4:15pm we felt rushed and that we did not get a full experience. I was not informed it was closing down at 4:30pm. Not worth the $$$ for the short time we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful atrium; great varietyAngelDined on 5/11/2014This is perfect for a special brunch! There's a beautiful atrium, exceptional service - there was a 20 min. wait, but they gave free champagne and were very warm and apologetic. Great variety, especially with the desserts, which were especially yummy, and the food was overall above average. There was a kid's food section too. The atmosphere was beautiful and conducive to hanging out! We'll really enjoyed ourselves!Special Features:
- Disappointed on Mother's DayDiningDude129Dined on 5/11/2014Staff was rude to my mother during mother's day. When she was first in line, they made her move to another location and then afterwards seated people before her. Prime Rib was overcooked. Service staff did not check in on us. Sushi seemed not fresh. Also, was charged twice on my card. Overpriced at $65 per person for mother's day for the level of service/food.
- Just a bit disappointing!RickSFOVIPDined on 4/26/2014I had to take somebody to the airport for an early Saturday flight from SFO, so we decided to go to the Hyatt for breakfast. The main reason we decided to go to the Hyatt is because we enjoy the eggs Benedict usually at every other Hyatt we stay at. Unfortunately, the eggs and hollandaise sauce for cold, and the hash brown potatoes were virtually raw and undercooked. Our waiter was kind enough to take a 20% discount off the bill, but even then it did not feel like we got our value for money. The buffet was nice, and my wife did enjoy the fruit and yogurt very much.
- not impressedBrutusPDined on 3/30/2014Brunch was $48pp and kids under 4 are free. The restaurant area in the atrium was beautiful and our server was decent. The food however was terrible. The dimsum tasted like something you could pick up at Costco.. not authentic at all. The salad bar had extremely limited selections. There was an omelet bar and made to order pancakes which was decent. Sushi bar and seafood station were pretty bad. I aman avid sushi fan and I could not eat the sushi. Sushi was hard and sadly it was worse than Safeway sushi. I was so disappointed. I would have been better off going to the Crowne Plaza in Foster City where the brunch is MUCH more reasonable and tastier too.
- Added BonusCharlesVIPDined on 1/19/2014While Sunday Brunch is a bit "pricey", the ambiance in the Atrium location of the hotel is quite nice and the small band with singer a very nice "touch" ..... try sitting closer to the music, it will add to your dining experience. PS you can always order lunch off the menu (if the brunch price doesn't fit your budget)Special Features:
- Fantastic BrunchBrunchrulesDined on 12/29/2013More food choices than you can imagine. Fish and meat were very fresh-tasty recipes. Not often a brunch does both well. The atrium dining with jazz music is a very nice touch. Massive omelette station, tables and tables of great recipes. Even if you were to take small samples of everything you couldn't eat it all. The desert table and champagne is what I would call "typical" of a nice brunch. A couple items I thought deserved special mention. Leg of lamb, Eggs Benedict, Sea food salad One of the gals with us absolutely loved the blueberry pancakes...ight and flavorful. And the service, WOW! It was like they had a team for your table. Drinks were topped off and plates cleared with excellent timing and manners. Can't go wrong here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With the amount i paid ofFernTDined on 12/25/2013With the amount i paid of almost $400 (including tip), $62/per person with a "Come join us for our Holiday buffet with live jazz music and champagne on their ads". Folks that i see and hear singing at the Civic Bart stations are much better with the live jazz they had. Over all...I will not recommend this place.
- What can I say?JackDined on 11/8/2013My daughter and I had an awesome experience. Everything was great. Our waitress (her name escapes me; however, she as Asian (perhaps Filipino) was outstanding. She was extremely helpful, courteous and her service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre1brunchaddictVIPDined on 10/6/2013I'm very peculiar with Sunday Buffet Brunch and take time looking at reviews prior to making reservations. I like to try new places even with having my own favorites. This place was definitely average with their food and have no plan on coming back again.
- Great location to sfo but...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/5/2013I was disappointed in that the food was rather fair, And overpriced. It is one that I had never been to and Where I won't return
- After closing down bunch ofSAM650Dined on 8/4/2013After closing down bunch of branch places, I would said, it's the best place for branch so far. No problem with parking. They always trying to add something new to the menu. Excellent service. Will come again.Special Features:
- unique setting for lunch (only)CharlesVIPDined on 6/9/2013interesting place, this open air restaurant inside the big Hyatt "dome" ..... up the escalator .... bright and airy. Great service and friendliness by all employees ... you know you're in a hotel where staff is trained to make people feel welcome. Great salads, fresh fish, and a tasty angus burger, but scratch that tortilla soup from the menu .... too "tomato-ey", very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful time, plentyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013Had a wonderful time, plenty of choices of different foods. Something for everyone and bottomless mimosas! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely StaffchrstiVIPDined on 5/12/2013This event was for Mother's Day when there are huge parties, kids, families and old people! And yet the staff was incredibly friendly, welcoming and helpful. The food choices were excellent. There was something for everyone and there was plenty. The quality of the food was very good and on that day you always except the worst--instead it was a great experience and had a lovely day!Special Features:
- Went here for Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013Went here for Mother's Day brunch. Nice selection of hot foods compared to two years ago. I was very pleased the restaurant honored my request to seat us on the same level as the buffet area as my mother is in a wheelchair. We will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated us right, but price?!!dineamicDined on 5/12/2013(Not enough room to review here. Check my YELP review). Went for Mother's day brunch. Food selection & flavor was excellent.Service was attentive.The atrium (where the food service was) is impressive. But you're eating in glorified "hotel" accommodations. No mood or intimacy here. It feels clinical w/hotel staff in their over-starched vests who lack polish. At $60/adult and $30/child, it's flat-out overpriced. Buffets all over Vegas & many other places don't come NEAR that price point & the qual./selection is equal. Bill came to $220. Add tip,and we're at $260! For that price,I should feel like I'm fine dining,& I didn't. Staff get an "A" for effort, & mgmt a "D" for greed.Enjoyable & the food was great, but hard to stomach at that price.Special Features:
- Fabulous Mother's Day Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/12/2013The food options were amazing...where things were fresh, interesting, and delicious. They even had a great kid's buffet! Service-PERFECT. Seriously, they did an outstanding job of getting plates out of the way, bringing beverages, including champagne refills, and checking in with us. Decor-beautiful. It's already a beautiful location with all the plants and waterfall, but the extra flowers, ice sculpture, decorative elements made it very special. We were thrilled and will be back again for Mother's Day and just for their usual Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service John, ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013excellent service John, our server when above and beyond .Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2013Made dinner reservations and was NEVER called back to be told that they were ONLY open for Breakfast and Lunch! POOR Service on the part of the Restaurant!!
- We had a wonderful brunch.sfopentabledinerVIPDined on 4/7/2013We had a wonderful brunch. There was so many choices it was hard to make a decision. The service was excellent. We all had our fill . Thank you for such excellent service and food.Special Features:
- Bombed out Easter DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013Upon arrival checking in the first clerk was rude and that started off wrong. The waiters were good and we had two. Some of the food was good and some was not. Some was too over good and some just did not do. The music was nice. The price was over charged for the quality of the food . We noticed when checking in some people were cancelling . The clerk asked why and it was stated they were not satisfied with the food. It was a waste of my money and time. I would not recommend to anyone. Sorry we went. Most time we do not complain even if we don't care for a place. This definitely was not to our liking.We basically went there to scope out the place to see if I wanted to have a women's conference there for our churches. It is not.
- very over priced. Food wasluv2dine2VIPDined on 3/17/2013very over priced. Food was good and staff was excellent. Difficult to get on phone to ask specific questions about cost and food choices for food allergies. Have answering machine instructed to leave message, but then never called back. * 2 separate messages left!Special Features:
- As i knew, i made this reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/24/2013As i knew, i made this reservation should got 1000 points but I fond my account only add 100 points. Please correct for me. thanks, JoannaSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed our group party atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013Enjoyed our group party at the cafe. Had some disappointment that fountain was not working. As for food it would be very good if fish wasn't that salty and vegetables a bit dry.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch with Margie Baker!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/10/2013We think this is the best brunch for the cost around . The added bonus is having the privilege of hearing the jazz voice of Margie Baker, a Bay Area music icon. At 80, she is fantastic and provides a wonderful Sunday afternoon experience. Kids love interacting with her Trio, who deliver some great sounds. Kudos to the Hyatt! This is the best place for a large gathering for family celebrations, plenty of room. To enjoy a great selection of food at a reasonable price, very affordable for Seniors with an AARP rate!Special Features:
- The food was alright, notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012The food was alright, not particularly noteworthy. A few items, such as the ham, pork loin and scalloped potatoes stood out. On the other hand the majority of the food seemed mostly average. Our main disappointment was with the service. I realized it was Christmas and the last thing I would want to be doing is working, but the server we had really didn't seem to want to be there. It was difficult to get drinks, including a glass of water, which I received about 15 minutes into my meal. I did see that most of the servers seemed extraordinarily friendly. Honestly, that would have made a huge impact for me on the overall experience. I think if we had a server who was friendly and even slightly attentive I would have left with a better feelin
- Being that it's hard to findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/16/2012Being that it's hard to find a nice Sunday Brunch Buffet in the Bay Area, this is a great place. Lots of variety, and very spacious. The price is pretty resonable, considering you can sit there until they clear everything away. No rush, no pressure to leave. They even come up and ask if there is anything else you want before they take the food away. Only complaint are the staff. We had to keep asking for more coffee, and looking for them to come by.Special Features:
- I like the omelet station,OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/22/2012I like the omelet station, pasta station and the overall variety. The service was very good and the music is always a nice touch.Special Features:
- I have been to SwiftwaterOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/18/2012I have been to Swiftwater Cafe three times and each time is enjoyable! They have great staff there: Maribel, Art and John. They are so personable and professional. The food choices are amazing! I try to eat dessert first so I don't get too full in the end and miss it. I look forward to my next visits! You can get your parking ticket validated.Special Features:
- Huge space & split levelsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2012Huge space & split levels meant trips to the buffet time & energy consuming. We had hoped for better quality and atmosphere. Very institutional feeling.