SWIFT - The Roundhouse at Beacon Falls
2 E. Main Street
Beacon, NY 12508Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
SWIFT - The Roundhouse at Beacon Falls
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://roundhousebeacon.com/eat-and-enjoy.php
- Phone: 8457658369
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10am - 3pm. Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brandon Collins
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room is an ideal spot for rehearsal dinners, post-wedding day brunches, holiday parties, and business luncheons. The room can seat up to 72 people for a seated event and up to 100 for a cocktail-style event.
- Private Party Contact: Meghan McAlpine 8454403327x305
A word from SWIFT - The Roundhouse at Beacon Falls
Swift serves a locally inspired, seasonal menu, craft beer, and artisanal cocktails. Guests will enjoy stunning waterfall views through floor-to-ceiling windows in our spacious dining room. Designed by the award-winning architecture and design firm, Rockwell Group, the restaurant provides a gorgeous setting for enjoying an exceptional meal or distinctive cocktail. Our adjoining lounge, 2EM, serves a locally inspired, seasonal menu of small plates, craft beer, and artisanal cocktails. The Patio, a spacious outdoor dining area overlooking Fishkill Creek and Beacon Falls, is open Friday through Sunday, May through October, for lunch, dinner, and cocktails, weather permitting. Whether you're grabbing a light bite, just cocktails, or looking for a nice meal outdoors, its prime location at the corner of Main and East Main Street makes it a fun spot to dine al fresco and enjoy the view and sound of the falls.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
SWIFT - The Roundhouse at Beacon Falls - Best Restaurants in Beacon ›
SWIFT - The Roundhouse at Beacon Falls reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (58)romantic (40)special occasion (39)fit for foodies (33)great for outdoor dining (26)neighborhood gem (22)great for brunch (11)good for groups (11)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- CookieDined on 8/23/2014Great location, upscale setting, beautiful dining area. Food was okay but should have been much better to match the setting. Service was slow but it was quite crowded, but drinks should not take twenty minutes nor food forty five. But the views from our window seats where amazing. I think I prefer the outside cafe.Special Features:
- Swift was disappointingluvmixologyDined on 8/22/2014The bar and staff were excellent and the cocktails spectacular. The bartenders knew a great deal about drinks and were happy to share. The steak was grizzly in places and came out cold. The skate was very good. We returned back to the bar which had been invaded by about 30 people from a wedding and the noise level was intolerable. I think that it had something to do with the design of the bar, but we left because we ended up not being able to hear each other and were unable to get to the bar even if we had wanted to stay. I would try the bar again as it was great, but would not eat there againSpecial Features:
- yumlizzyrobDined on 8/16/2014Food and service were excellent. At first I thought portions were a bit small but they turned out to be just right. Leave room for desert! Also note our server went back to the kitchen to get us the ingredients for a sauce we loved. WE WILL BE BACK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!SuprisemeDined on 8/15/2014Traveling on our way elsewhere with a one night stay in Fishkill NY. Looked online for places to dine and came up with this restaurant. The view of the falls is enough to make it a standout but the food and service proved to be excellent. Interesting menu and cocktails. Only complaint was that we arrived a little early to have a cocktail and the bar was very understaffed and thus, slow. But the drinks were so well prepared and delicious that it was easy to forgive!Special Features:
- The little thingsGallerygirl45Dined on 8/15/2014Despite the staff being very friendly and attentive, they miss some of the little things, for example: bread plates on the wrong side; pouring of libations should never be across the guest. Otherwise, food was stellar, dining room lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location PerfectbloomdogDined on 8/15/2014The service the at our table was bad which influenced my experience. I don't like having to spend time looking for the waiter and then waving with the hope he will see my arm in the air. The table next to us got immediate attention even though they came after us by about 10 minutes. The waiter spent time with the table next to us, they got a meal faster while we constantly had to remind him we were there. I could not understand why we were invisible. They even got their meal before we got our bread. The food was good, the setting the best, just wished for better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- V. good food in a gorgeous settingRKHKDined on 8/14/2014The room is beautifully decorated and overlooks rushing water falls. The food is very good with aspirations to foodie heaven; doesn't quite hit that mark. Portions not large but fine. My 3 large scallops were wonderful. Dessert was a deconstructed lemon meringue pie, that needed more lemon. Probably the best place in Beacon and certainly as good as CIA up the road. Might not score as highly in Manhattan.Special Features:
- Amazing service outstanding foodGreatNightAtSwiftDined on 8/8/2014Love Swift. Service was outstanding. It was a quiet night. Wagyu steak was terrific, scallops with tomato were undeniably tasty. It was a birthday dinner - we were so glad we chose to spend here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Enough Food!!!!SHIRLEYVIPDined on 8/8/2014A very pretty restaurant, although it needs something to warm up the ambience. The service was great, the waiters friendly and informative. The food was very good although we left a bit hungry because the portions were so small---3 (Giant????)sea scallops was not enough for dinner---it was more an appetizer portion---I wonder who taught the chef to measure?!!!! They WERE delicious but left us hungry for more. As I said the entree was very good tasting but the portions were too small for the price. Dessert was not as tasty---no one in our party finished the dessert and there was not a great selection!!!! The view is wonderful and next time I might try the patio which has more of a bar atmosphere and a cafe menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not equal to ambienceFishkill125Dined on 8/2/2014Swift is in a beautifully rehabilitated old building. The owner has done much to preserve the architectural of the place. The view of the falls of Fishkill Creek are what make Swift so memorable a place. However, the food does not match, at least not the appetizers. They are skimpy in size and not flavorful. My companion, a wine merchant, was unimpressed by our wines. The waiter, while friendly, was not knowledgable about the food, and the service was inattentive and slow.Special Features:
- Beautiful view, average foodAmyBVIPDined on 7/26/2014We went for a birthday celebration and the restaurant is in a very interesting building with a beautiful view and a very nice dining room. Be aware though, the menu does not match the menu online and we all found it difficult to find something appealing to order based on the descriptions in the menu. The food arrived and it was ok, I think the restaurant would be fantastic if they offered more fish selections as opposed to beef, pork and duck. It was a heavy menu/meal for a summer dining experience and the food was just ok.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The view was incredible. Plan on spending time there, our dinner was almost 2 hours from appetizer to dessert. The food was great with attention to plating. I definitely recommend this restaurant looking for something special.Special Features:
- FjdjrVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have eaten here several times and the food is always good. We were a bit disappointed this time, My wife ordered the oyster appetizer and it was 4 tiny oysters out of the shell, very small and way overpriced. I ordered a crab appetizer that was a bit on the fishy smell side. The real disappointment was with the amount of wine they gave my wife. About 3 sips and the glass was empty, they bring the bottle to the table for subsequent pours and my wife wound up having 4 glasses, only one of which was a decent pour. She should have complained. Our bar bill came to $ 86.00, I had 4 drinks as well. check including tip was almost $ 200.00 for 2 of us. Overall the prices are way too high. This is Beacon, not NYC.Special Features:
- ChristyNYVisitorDined on 7/18/2014We eat out a lot and this restaurant is now at the top of our list of favorites. The food was amazing? We will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the RoundhousebruceDined on 7/18/2014I must say that much thought was given to every bit of food brought to our table, excellent! Cocktails were also excellent, made with care by the best bartender in the area!Special Features:
- PleasantDannygirlDined on 7/12/2014Beautiful view from comfortable chairs in a room that allows for conversation. Service was excellent, but the food did not live up to the scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-class dining experiencesurfbirdDined on 7/10/2014Fine food, most of it locally sourced; knowledgeable, professional, friendly server and barkeep. We'll definitely return. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view-meh food and serviceIheartveggiesDined on 7/5/2014The good: the view is amazing The bad: the food is boring and lacks flavor. Also, the waitstaff and hostess seemed to be freshly hired, and lacking prior experience, seeming both anxious and un-attentive. Plus I had to send my cocktail back, it tastes like syrup. Ugh!! The ugly: the bill, there's no reason to pay that much for a less than stellar dining experience. Avoid Swift, instead get a beer at the outside bar and enjoy the view, then go someplace else for dinner.Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014Lovely place with great views of the creek and the falls. The menu is unique and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014This was our second time dining at Swift. Our first experience was delightful..food was very good, service was excellent. Our experience this time was not as good...service was very slow and the restaurant did not seem to be overly busy. When our food finally arrived it was not hot...but we did not return as we didn't want to wait any longer.Special Features:
- Best place in a long timeaebrownDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I came to the Roundhouse on a recommendation from my brother in law for our 11th wedding anniversary, and I am SO glad we did! The style and feel of the restaurant are exactly what we like, industrial yet homey. The wait staff was so friendly and made sure we had everything we needed right away. The food (on a busy night!) was mouth watering! The local veggies and meat were a huge plus and my husband couldn't stop talking about his meal and how wonderful it was the whole time we were eating. Dessert and coffee were outstanding as well, we coffee drinkers know a good place when we get an entire French press to ourselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentCarolepipDined on 6/27/2014Sorry to say but this was a mediocre dinner at best. This restaurant is trying to be a "big deal" in the cuisine department and just doesn't cut it. Should stick to simpler fare and then the beautiful restaurant and setting would be even more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Thursday evening diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Service was excellent and the restaurant was very quiet. We could carry on a private conversation without a problem. Now the food, the flat iron steak was delivered hot and cooked just the way I requested it. My wife enjoyed the duck, cooked to her perfection and without a sauce, delivering full flavor of the meat.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant in Rebuilt Millrsc3Dined on 6/14/2014The building was once a roofless, decrepit northeast mill. The entire structure had to be gutted and rebuilt. Roundhouse/Swift did an excellent job. This is my first choice of restaurants when I want to impress. View of Beacon Falls is stunning. Food is superb. Menu’s vary by season so don’t follow the web menu. Bonus for serving just the right amount. Wine and drink selection is excellent. For a romantic dinner, with friends, business meeting, or just for the excellent food.Special Features:
- great food, spectacular viewsandsDined on 6/7/2014We have eaten here three times, and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent, service is great, and the view of the waterfall is spectacular. Ask for a window seat.Special Features:
- Special SpotRazzDined on 6/7/2014Spectacular food and drinks and sitting by the window watching the Falls is outstanding. Not just your run of the mill restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimmyJimDined on 5/30/2014We have now dined at Swift four times; the food is excellent: beautifully prepared and presented, with a broad range of tantalizing flavors, nicely balanced and tantalizing. Servers actually appear pleased to be able to serve their customers and are unfailingly attentive and friendly. The view of the nearby waterfalls and rapids make for a spectacular view: and we enjoyes watching the herons flying close by. A special place.Special Features:
- Always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014Come for the food! The view also. Some service problems due to inconsistent management. The menu is innovative, artfully prepared, and mostly consistent. If they resolved service and timing issues would be one of the best.Special Features:
- An experienceEuskaldunaDined on 5/23/2014The only concern is that we had to wait for the wine to be chilled, it was not at the right temperature even when we already got out food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All restaurants should be so good!RobertBrooklynDined on 5/18/2014Swift is an incredible place. It is worth the drive from NYC for the food, service and incredible ambiance. The staff is so friendly and accommodating. We went this past Sunday for a celebratory graduation brunch and Seamus and team could not have been lovelier. The menu is creative, yet comforting. There is a wide variety for many different palates. The amuse bouche is a very nice touch. And it is impossible to overstate how nice it is to sit and truly enjoy your meal with the view of the falls. There is never a rush to turn the table or a sense that you are in the staff's way. The bar and grounds are also places where you can linger. An absolute must for a trip anywhere near Beacon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite HV restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/17/2014This is our very favorite restaurant in the mid-Hudson Valley. We've been here for several meals and they have been invariably excellent with great service. There's always something very subtle in their use of flavors and ingredients, the ambience overlooking Beacon Falls is soothing and the prices are very reasonable for food of such outstanding quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Mother's Day BrunchmommiedearestDined on 5/11/2014Loved the food, especially the shrimp & grits. The service was friendly & attentive. It was a memorable Mother's Day!Special Features:
- Great brunchEditorDined on 5/11/2014It wasn't a cheap brunch at $35, but the high-quality selections (including a nice rib-eye) and view of the small waterfall made it worth it. We had a reservation for a specific time, and it took us a few minutes to find the right entrance. No problem waiting to be seated after that, but we did end up waiting at least 15 minutes and probably 20 minutes after our reserved time even though we could see unattended tables. This was the case for several other parties waiting in the lobby throughout the day too. It's possible someone on the staff called out unexpectedly, though, and everyone was friendly and apologetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in vibrant Beacon,NYitsthateasy5813Dined on 5/10/2014Worth the drive from anywhere to enjoy the fantastic view of the falls from either the outdoor patio or through the indoor floor to ceiling glass walls. Delicious and varied seasonal menu and great bar off the entrance to relax after.Special Features:
- BarbaraDined on 5/9/2014food was very good, presentation was interesting, but a overpriced. There was a noisy night-before-the-wedding party spilling out of the bar into the restaurant foyer, which affected our ability to enjoy dinner conversation. Don't think we will go there again. It cost over $75 per person with one drink each and two desserts for 4 people.Special Features:
- A Dream Come TrueSuzyQartistDined on 5/3/2014This restaurant changed my life! The food, service, ambiance and new found love made my first and second dining experience here extraordinary!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!finefoodieVIPDined on 5/2/2014An imaginative menu, well executed and served in a stunning room. The food is delicious and helps compensate for the sometimes poor service. Worth the trip!Special Features:
- The following 265 reviews are from the SWIFT - The Roundhouse at Beacon Falls reviews archive.
- Excellent serviceSweptAwayDined on 4/26/2014My fiance and I had dinner here for the first time and we felt like we were away on vacation (even though we live 45min away). The service and ambiance were amazing, and the food was very good - prices are reasonable. We are looking forward to returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at RoundhouseRichDined on 4/25/2014We stumbled upon Roundhouse for my wife's birthday. We were looking for a restaurant that was not located on Route 9 and serving food we too could buy at Sam's or BJ's... We were flipping through reviews online and there was something with respect to restaurants supporting a recent cause and Swift was on there. We looked up the menu and recognized immediately that it was a real restaurant, like you would find in NYC or Austin, where we were spoiled with similar restaurants. We absolutely loved it. The food was excellent; the service wonderful and the ambience and atmosphere very relaxing. The view of the falls of Fishkill Creek just added to the enjoyment. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againFoodiecoupleDined on 4/20/2014Asked for eggs scrambled, showed up over easy. Asked for burgers well done, showed up cold and raw. Overpriced, undercooked. Never again.Special Features: