Sweetwater Harvest Kitchen
1512 Pacheco St
Santa Fe, NM 87505Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sweetwater Harvest Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sweetwatersf.com/
- Phone: (505) 795-7383
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 2:30 pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am, Saturday: 9:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Olivar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Please call to discuss your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful space is available for private party buy-outs on Monday or Tuesday evenings and anytime Sunday. Please call to discuss.
- Private Party Contact: Soma Franks 5057957383x
- Entertainment: Come and enjoy the lovely, soothing sounds of Hawaiian Slack-key guitar music by John Serkin, Saturday Evenings from 6 pm - 8 pm.
A word from Sweetwater Harvest Kitchen
Sweetwater Harvest Kitchen offers a bright and airy oasis where Santa Feans and visitors gather together to be nourished and inspired. The global eclectic menu is sustainably + locally sourced when available with many gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan items. New Mexico’s first Wine on Tap system supplies a SIP certified by-the-glass selection in addition to local craft brews on tap. Breakfast features gourmet coffees + classic items such as baked eggs as well as pancakes made from flours freshly-milled on site. The neighborhood lunch crowd is lively and bustling, enjoying creative salads + yummy daily specials. Dinner offers special menus in a relaxing environment. Check out guest chef, Kimnath Nou’s Thai Night on Wednesdays or the special $19 fixed-price 3-course tasting menu available Thursday through Saturday evenings from 5-9 pm. Seasonal patio dining available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Sweetwater Harvest Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Sweetwater Harvest Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (8)special occasion (7)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (7)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Midweek dinner, good food, weak on serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014We enjoyed an evening at Thai night. The food was good but not outstanding. The service was below par, our drinks did not arrive with the first course and we had to push to get them with the main course. People at neighboring table had the main course brought to them before the first course and drinks they had ordered, and this after a wait of 40 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestbjbobbieDined on 11/12/2014SWHK continues to be fabulous - had an out of town visitor last week and it was a must. We were there for Thai night on Wednesday, and thank goodness we had made a reservation even though I live in the neighborhood and often stop in close to closing time. The place was packed and easy to see why. Everything was great. Soma and Fiona are rivaling the "greats" of Santa Fe with wonderful food, a beautiful room, and they are always on hand to welcome guests and make sure everyone leaves happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for brunch!LisaDined on 11/2/2014The breakfast/brunch menu has a wide range of items to suit everyone. I had the baked eggs, which were cooked to perfection. The sides that accompanied the eggs were kale (cooked enough to be soft, but not mushy) and sweet potato hash (flavored with yummy sweet red peppers). The chai was wonderfully heavy on the ginger - I think it was one of the best chai teas in Santa Fe. Everything was fresh and seasonal. The restaurant is one open space with lots of natural light, a nice change of pace from the dark adobe restaurants in town. Our server was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. She handled our awkwardness with paying on an iPad at the table with a delightful sense of humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb.CeliaroseDined on 10/29/2014Authentic Asian food made with the finest ingredients. It doesn't get better than this. Lovely environment,vibrant presentation, and great staff.Special Features:
- Great as usual!FaroukDined on 10/23/2014It was our second time and we brought a friend along. She loved it. Everything is fresh Good job to the chef. Try the spring rolls, the soup, the green curry dish and either the carrot cake or the pumpkin pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitCaptainTedDined on 10/16/2014Good food preparation. Great service and attitude. Check in advance as regular menu may not be available. Relaxing experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not great this timebobar12Dined on 10/16/2014the food was just ok. The service was not good -- took 4 request to get something. One of the items on the menu was not available. REALLY noisy -- energetic is not the right word. Our clothes smelled horrible when we got home. Not sure we'll return.
- Not worthy of Top 10 in Santa FeAnonymousDined on 9/18/2014I chose this restaurant for my 10th wedding anniversary dinner date based on the reviews I saw in the Santa Fe Reporter. I was disappointed at the very casual atmosphere (one big cafeteria-style room with full view & sound of kitchen). The food was mediocre at best. I ordered the mole enchiladas with turkey. They were not hot when delivered. The filling was primarily a sweet/tangy, raisin-like, gloppy sauce with small quantities of shredded turkey. The sides were incredibly basic: a cold shredded apple with cilantro, and white "coconut rice" which seemed to be missing the coconut. The service was amiable and competent. The general premise of a casual, low-guilt meal works, but the food is neither interesting nor well presented.
- thai nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014the food was good, not great. i ordered the Pad Tai with vegetables, there were not many vegges. next time i will try something else. i like this restaurant, i think they try hard to do a quality job.Special Features:
- Unexpected findNoozeDined on 9/10/2014Fun to discover this restaurant tucked away in an unexpected but central neighborhood. Inventive, healthy restaurant gives you plenty of interesting modern industrial architecture to enjoy. A few tables outdoors on the porch, surprisingly attractive even though bordering the parking lot. Friendly attentive service and exceptional Thai food on Wednesday evenings, at least currently. I hear the wine list is special. A community table handy is handy for singles who 's prefer conversation to peering at their smart phones when they eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MickeyDined on 9/6/2014I'm a big fan! Wonderfully fresh food. Excellent salads and entrees. Lots of choices for vegetarians. A fine selection of beer and wine. Mickey BondSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Very fresh ingredients. Good food. Particularly like the Wed. night Tie night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014We were all somewhat uninspired by the food. Two people in the group had lived in Thailand area and felt it was not authentic recipes to the menu.Special Features:
- great food and service!locavoreDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten here several times now, and the food is always great. This time we asked to be seat-changed, and the staff was both accommodating and pleasant. Will definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Love this place!SantaFeGourmandDined on 8/7/2014I'm a local and this was my second time to eat there. Each time was a treat to remember. Just can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Sweetwater Harvest Kitchen reviews archive.
- Great FindHappyTravelerDined on 7/19/2014We had a wonderful time at this restaurant. The food was very interesting and the service was friendly and helpful. The 3 course $20 was a great value for such good food. We will returnSpecial Features:
- Extraordinary!SantaFeGourmandDined on 6/25/2014Would recommend this to anyone looking for the best on all levels. I'm a long-time local and a true gourmand…very selective when it comes to food, service and ambiance. This place is my new favorite. A friend and I went for the first time on Wed. night. It happened to be their night for Thai food…one of my favorites, but nothing to compare in Santa Fe. The perfect dining experience. Will go back and back and back… You get the idea!Special Features:
- worst service evergko71Dined on 6/15/2014I wiuld not return. If we had any service other than the food being delivered, the 3 of us did not notice. We had to ask fir everything, at least twice.
- A little gemPuggirlVIPDined on 6/12/2014Ate here the other night for the first time. The food was quite good and the staff extremely friendly. They have a great small plate menu for 20 dollars that gives you three courses so you can sample a few dishes. Everything we ordered was delish! Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Delicious and helathy, too!ppalateVIPDined on 6/11/2014The food here is meticulously prepared of locally-sourced ingredients. Wednesday Thai night was exceptionally tasty. We savored the Mango salad and the Lamb curry especially. Desserts are also great, if you save room...Special Features:
- Ahh, spaceqwill13Dined on 5/22/2014In a city of old dingy buildings it was lovely to have an open quiet new building in which to eat. The takeaway is in cloth bags all ready and waiting for call in orders so a fast pickup. The food was eclectic so choices for everyone and everything we ordered was very tasty. A basket of toys for the kiddos to use and lots of open space made it a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findrcooDined on 4/26/2014Driving here was a bit disconcerting as this is tucked away in what appears to be more of a business area. The dinner meal was lovely and ambience sweet. Food interesting and delicious. Caesar salad was surprisingly very hot (jalapeno touch) and too much so almost for even this hot food lover. Harpist who also sang was a delightful surprise. The $20 sampling (salad or soup, smaller entree) was a perfect way to dine and taste the delectable choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy and deliciousBaxter2banffVIPDined on 4/19/2014Special place, where the food is carefully chosen with regard to both taste and health. Many vegan and vegetarian options. Great service!Special Features:
- Delicious and freshMadelyndoeDined on 4/18/2014Their ingredients are top-notch and they accommodate food allergies of all types with great options. My husband and I both got the duck quesadilla (mine gluten-free on corn tortillas and his on flour). We were blown away at how tasty it was, perfectly cooked, and with a great combination of flavors. We split the gluten-free banana cream pie for dessert which was nothing short of a slice of heaven. Good service, great food. And there was lovely live music too. All in all a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food; too noisy to enjoyDisappointedDined on 4/12/2014We were a party of 5, with 2 older people with hearing loss. The noise level was impossible for all of us, including one child! The food was fabulous; however, unless you love shouting, it is not a good place for a conversation. There is no sound absorption anywhere--high ceilings, stark walls, metal tables, metal chairs. Time to consult a sound engineer! Too bad as we will go back until something is done about the noise; however, an outdoor patio in the summer might be OK. It was hard to enjoy the evening, despite the excellent food. All of us couldn't wait to get out of the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentfoodheavenDined on 4/9/2014An excellent dinner. I am gluten/sugar/meat/dairy free, and it is rare that I can eat out and have anything other than salad or rice and beans. The spring rolls are wonderful, the entree was delicious and definitely not what I would cook at home (my gauge for justifying eating out). What a find! I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- A secret gourmet jewel!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014We went for the Thai night for a reunion of three old friends. All agreed it's the best-kept secret in Santa Fe. Five star dining; exceptional service; clean, serene, relaxed, and beautiful surroundings. Could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thai night wonderopus111Dined on 4/9/2014We were completely thrilled with the Thai food we had last wednesday night. Wonderfully prepared, beautifully presented. Without question, the best Thai food we've had since 'The King and I' restaurant in Kapaa, Kauai, Hawaii twenty years ago - and that's saying something! Thank you, We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes and NoMIckeyDined on 4/4/2014I love the concept! I love the fact that they are so environmentally conscious! The staff is lovely and the soft, live guitar music was superb! The wine on tap was GREAT! The food? Lacking…….Arugula salad with beets had few beets and was tasteless. Humus with pumpkin was dry and I only knew pumpkin was in there because of the menu listing, not the taste. Pasta with bolognese sauce was really salty. Ambiance was lovely and I will go again because their intention is awesome! A green eatery. YES….but I cannot recommend for culinary expertise as I did not think there was much…...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and healthy,too!ppalateVIPDined on 4/2/2014The food at Sweetharvest is of the highest quality, the ingredients are fresh and tasty. The Thai cuisine served on Wednesday nights is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will probably not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014We chose this restaurant because it was a farm to table place with great wines and local mead. We took four friends from out of town and while the space was cool and the food delicious although portions small our waiter was sucky at best. She was lack luster in everyway and it really influenced everyone's experience negatively. I was disappointed and felt bad for my guests.
- Great gluten free foodMattVIPDined on 2/28/2014My wife has allergies to gluten, dairy, soy, and more, and this was the first place we have gone to in months where she could choose items from more than half of the menu. The food was also delicious; in fact we went back for brunch the next day after having a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not in a hurry to go backcdupDined on 2/28/2014The setting is calm and relaxing, with fresh, eccentric decor. We started with the mussels, which could have been fresher. We had the chicken biryani which was overcooked. We also had the miso salmon which was amazing, nicely cooked with great flavor. The rice with both dishes was unflavored and disappointing. The service was fine, nothing noteworthy. We had a nice time but are not in a hurry to go back. I would only recommend if someone was specifically looking for lots of gluten or vegan free options.
- cozy and healthyfantaseDined on 2/14/2014Great setting, good service, yummy food. Left feeling fulfilled but not stuffed, healthy and relaxed. What more could ya ask for?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food-Long WaitMikkiDined on 2/12/2014A friend and I were excited to try the Thai menu on a Wednesday night. It was disappointing to order dinner, and wait 45 minutes. Tables that sat after we did got their food first. The meals ordered were not complicated so why the long wait? The food was good but my friend's meal of fried rice with crab and shrimp (special of the night) had no taste of the seafood. Our waitress then overcharged us for the sake ordered but fixed the bill after we inquired. Use of a tablet to quickly show the bill made it a challenge. Not sure I'd go back.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service for Any DietblessingsVIPDined on 2/5/2014You don't have to sacrifice good taste, ambience, service, quality food - anything - if you want to avoid dairy (like me) and still have quality food made with good intentions. The four of us each enjoyed really super meals - pad thai, two different curries, rice pancakes. I didn't try the spring rolls but they looked great. The whole team were so responsive - they couldn't do enough to make your evening great - but I didn't find them intrusive either. A thumbs up unless you are looking for a junk food fix (and I don't!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as review I readrokaladaDined on 1/18/2014I was really excited about trying this new place to us in Santa Fe. The place is attractive, and the musician playing Hawaiian music was a nice touch, but the food and service was disappointing. Dinner of pick three small plates for two of us - soup, salad and shrimp and grits, and the other person had soup and duck entrée. The squash soup special of the day was good, and the turkey tortilla soup was a mushy disappointment and was served warm - not hot, as soup should be. The salads were nice but the dressing was flat and tasteless. The shrimp and grits was just okay - gluey grits. The duck was ok - nothing special. Sadly, we won't go back.
- Very good experience. I thoughtjamescohenVIPDined on 1/3/2014Very good experience. I thought my biriyani was a little light on the spice side, though texture of the rie was quite good. My wife loved the bolognese with buckwheat pasta. Soups were good (portions for cups were very large). Carrot cake, glutton free, continues to surprise me as to how good it is. After asking for ice tea our server walked by the table three times and neither brought it nor said it would be forthcoming soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!foodie2Dined on 12/21/2013Our first time we took friends from L.A. - also foodies. Meals were excellent and their wine list (featuring NM wines) encouraged us to try something new. The desserts were excellent (try the banana cream pie!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualsflocalDined on 12/18/2013Have been eating there for some time, usually for breakfast and lunch. Food is always excellent and Wednesday Thai night is no exception. Good selection of gluten-free and vegan options if needed. I will usually go for the special since I am a frequent customer but have never had anything bad here. Staff are friendly and attentive. Kids table and community tables are available at lunch. As someone who can be bothered by noise, I have rarely noticed it here, it is the 'good' kind of dining noise, not loud music or loud guests.Special Features: