Sweet Waters Steak House
43 Elm St
Westfield, NJ 07090Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sweet Waters Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sweetwaterssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 908 317 2599
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Jeffrey Bromberg 9083172599
A word from Sweet Waters Steak House
Established in June of 2001, family owned Sweet Waters Steak House has been called the Crown Jewel of Westfield. Serving the highest quality meats and seafood, combined with excellent service, all in a cozy 60 seat atmosphere. Classic cocktails and a boutique wine list complete the adult dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sweet Waters Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)romantic (44)neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (30)great for outdoor dining (29)notable wine list (20)good for groups (16)great for lunch (14)late-night find (13)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (9)scenic view (7)Show More
- great placeBobServiceDined on 8/26/2014Ordered pork chops and skirt steaks. Everything was perfect the Cesar salad was perfect as well as the cappuccino and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Some reviews had me a bit worried, but our dinner was terrific. The steaks were excellent and the scallops were delicious- we'd recommend both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent steaks - cooked exactly as ordered. Very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dbf22VIPDined on 8/22/2014As always everything was superb! The owner came to our table and was asking how we enjoyed the meal, she was such a pleasure. It's nice to know they care!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks and ServiceblevDined on 8/18/2014Had a business dinner on a Monday night. The service was excellent. The food was fantastic. Just had to have the "Slab Bacon" appetizer and it was decadent. Few places have skirt steaks and it was a treat to have them well prepared. The drinks selection made making a decision difficult, but the results were wonderful. Too bad we were just in the area for a one-time visit. Would love to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpringfieldduoDined on 8/17/2014The service was excellent. I felt like I was in another country. Very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessicaDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and service. I always enjoy going to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The waiter took our order & we never saw him again. I had to ask another waiter for coffee & the check. Very poor service.Special Features:
- karlVIPDined on 8/9/2014I been to this restaurant several times and the food quality and service is always outstanding!Special Features:
- Phenomenal!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014We had wonderful service; Jay and Ryan could not have been more accommodating or attentive. Our meals were prepared to perfection, and they made my very finicky mother a wonderful mojito and had it waiting for her when we arrived. THIS is what good service looks like! Thank you Sweet Waters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentgreatsteakDined on 8/2/2014Delicious salads, large portions, steak was done perfectly. Watermelon sorbet for dessert was exceptional.Special Features:
- Great lunchDbf22VIPDined on 8/1/2014Excellent food and wonderful service. Had a business meeting and my clients and I were thrilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseRdsawksDined on 7/31/2014In the middle of "restaurant row" on Elm Street in downtown Westfield there is a wonderful restaurant. When you enter, you know immediately the flavor of the restaurant - dark wood, comfortable club chairs, and impeccably dressed servers in black vest- white shirt and red tie- you know you are in a steakhouse! and There is a room to the side which would be perfect for small parties. Also outdoor seating in good weather. We had reservations and were seated immediately. The menu was simple but certainly ample choices of steaks, sauces and sides. Plus a few selections for non red meat eaters. The server was incredibly knowledgeable, stopped by often enough to check in but not overbearing. Everything was delicious and perfectly cooked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything but the steak was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014The Bacon, creamed spinach, baked mac n cheese, key lime mousse, creme brulee, & watermelon sorbet were tastey, my scallop dinner was cooked perfectly! Unfortunately the steakhouse didn't get the steaks quite right. When we got home, my husband told me that the 36oz porterhouse for 2 was served cold & was not trimmed well, my daughter then added that her 8oz filet mignon was also cold. This did not give the restaraunt a chance to fix it. I was very disappointed that neither of them said anything when we were there as those 2 steaks were over $100 & more than 1/3 of our bill. I have read similar reviews that the steaks in this steakhouse aren't the best & that's a shame since I really enjoyed everything else.
- dateniteoutDined on 7/25/2014I have dine here at a group event as well as a table for two and I found the attentiveness of the staff was great at both dining occasion. Very nice place to dine in any setting. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantYummyDined on 7/19/2014So we went for the purpose if getting steak, but after we got there and saw the burgers at the table next to us, we opted for bugers. They looked amazing. We also didn't want to risk getting steak since the reviews weren't amazing on the steak entrees. We could. It have been happier. The burger was absolutely amazing and done perfectly. The service was good and the seating outside was really pretty. We would go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem right in Westfield!Us41Dined on 7/15/2014Excellent menu choices; good wine selection; great service. Food was prepared just as requested; steaks were moist and tender.Special Features:
- DisappointingNJFoodieDined on 7/14/2014For a steak house that has been in Westfield for quite some time, I expected better. The crab cake appetizers were great and therefore we expected the entrees to be of equal quality. I had the NY strip, which was cooked perfectly but was tough and not trimmed of grizzle. My wife had the tuna. It was not fresh but frozen and had no taste. When we complained about the tuna, the server removed the cost of one of the crab cakes from the bill, which was appreciated but the reduction should not have been necessary.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/20143 Stars only because service was great, from the host to the waiter who is always there when we needed him to the busboy clearing our plates in a very timely way despite it was busy. Only problem was the food didn't live up to the level of service. I was not going to write this review thinking maybe this was just a freak time but after reading through the reviews on here and Yelp, it seems common to get an overcooked tasteless steak. And it wasn't just me. Neither of us were happy. And the "sesame aioli" that is paired with the off color tuna, isn't an aioli and didn't taste homemade. I don't think they know what an aioli is, which is crazy for a fine dining restaurant.
- The steak is superbMusyaDined on 7/12/2014The steak we had (21 day dry aged sirloin) was absolutely superb. Did not care much about the Chilean sea bass, was just an OK dish.Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceBVas900Dined on 7/9/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at Sweet Waters. The food and service were both magnificent. Our Server recommended the Crab Cakes for an appetizer and said they were the best he's ever had. That was not an overstatement. They were the best I ever had. My wife who is not a fan of Crab CakesSpecial Features:
- Great food and wait staff.KimballVIPDined on 7/5/2014The onion soup was flavorful. The grilled shrimp and calamari (appetizer) was delicious. My husband ordered a burger rare and it was served as requested.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014As I wasn't really expecting NYC quality like BLT or STK, I wasn't as dissapointed as I would have been going in with high expectations. The service and style was just as good as any other high end place, but the quality and temp of the meat did not impress me. I don't consider myself a food snob but nothing tasted spectacular at all. It also didn't help that it felt like it was 150 degrees in there. How anyone can sit in that heat and eat a steak comfortably is beyond me. They will not last the summer without air conditioning. I feel like many of the good reviews for Sweet Waters are friends and family.
- Romantic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014I found this place on Groupon and am so thankful that I did. Perfect ambiance for an anniversary, food was fantastic, and service stellar. Prices are about the same as most other upscale steak houses, but not outrageous.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceJuliaDined on 6/30/2014Love it. Will be back! We had a wonderful time. The food was excellent. The service was superb! Thank you!Special Features:
- Excellent foodKSparrowDined on 6/28/2014We ordered a seafood platter for our appetizer, the waiter suggested three clams and one shrimp a piece. The clams were on the half shell and the accoutrement provided wonderful. For our meal we ordered the cowboy steak and the ahi tuna, both were amazing! Aside from the loud family near us the ambiance was great. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Very disappointing steak. Tough and overcooked. Waste of my hard-earned money and time.
- Birthday dinnerdiningwkidsDined on 6/27/2014We surprised my husband with a birthday dinner here. Food and service was great and they catered to my seven year old son with a chicken finger meal. The manager overheard my husband say it was his birthday and sent over a piece of flourless cake for him. We have a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- NJEaterVIPDined on 6/26/2014Good to see them packed on a Thursday night. Great meal as always. Great service by Pablo and Greg.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for outdoor lunch on SaturdayJason7fromScotchPlainsVIPDined on 6/21/2014Have not been to Sweet Waters for a few months. Went on impulse for lunch on Saturday and had an outstanding lunch. Great selection of food choices, plentiful portions and sitting outside in Westfield was perfect. People think "Steakhouse" and immediately are intimidated. Not at Sweet Waters. You must give it a try for lunch, you'll be back for dinnerSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014After being seated by the very bubbly hostess, we were almost immediately greeted by our server. He helped guide us through ordering and we were very excited for what we hoped to be a grand dinner. The appetizers were just fine and the entrees not so fine. Steak was very overcooked which is obviously upsetting for someone who likes their steak semi-mooing. Potatoes were soggy and limp. Wasn't cheap neither. Gave it 3 stars and not 2 only because the service was what you would expect from a very high-priced steakhouse and drinks were great and strong. :)
- Great Steak HouseBarbiegirl28Dined on 6/14/2014This by far is one of the best steak houses we've eaten at. The salad, steak and sides that we had were perfect. I haven't had a good piece of steak in a restaurant that could compare to this. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JerseyStrongDined on 6/13/2014Our meal wasn't absolutely terrible, but was definitely not one to write home about. Appetizers were good, but the steak left a lot to be desired. I ordered medium rare, came out close to medium well. They were extremely busy so I didn't feel like sending it back to wait another 30-40 minutes for another since we waited a pretty long time for our second course.
- Adid This to Your Bucket List!24dinnerDined on 6/12/2014One of the best in NJ! A must visit. Great place. Amazing food. Awesome service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/12/2014Great food, steak was well cooked and very tasty. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Food at Sweet Waters wasn't all that great. The entrees just didnt taste as fresh as they have in past visits. Either the meat had been previously frozen or they have started to skimp on their product big time.
- A nice lil steak houseReady2EatDined on 6/9/2014Had a very lovely evening at Sweet Waters. Not the greatest steak house in the world, but not bad. Really good, attentive service, but not overbearing. Never felt rushed, very relaxed. I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was as expected.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014I requested a certain table and was accomidated and treated with the service i would want to expect. And the staff was excellent.Food was ExcellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrutalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Special occasion turned out to be not so special st all. Steak tasted like cardboard and was two temperature levels over how I ordered it. I know from experience that different restaurants have different versions of temperature but this was ridiculous. Any restaurant that has the words steak and house in their title and charge the same prices you'd pay at a Luger's or Wolfgang's should cook a steak perfectly every time. I wanted to give it one star but I like the ambiance and they treated us great.
- RichZDined on 6/5/2014Sweet Waters consistently delivers an excellent dining experience. The steaks are perfectly prepared and you can count on outstanding service by Pablo and Greg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.