Sweet Waters Steak House
43 Elm St
Westfield, NJ 07090Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sweet Waters Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sweetwaterssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 908 317 2599
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Jeffrey Bromberg 9083172599
A word from Sweet Waters Steak House
Established in June of 2001, family owned Sweet Waters Steak House has been called the Crown Jewel of Westfield. Serving the highest quality meats and seafood, combined with excellent service, all in a cozy 60 seat atmosphere. Classic cocktails and a boutique wine list complete the adult dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Sweet Waters Steak House - Best Restaurants in Westfield ›
Sweet Waters Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)neighborhood gem (47)romantic (36)fit for foodies (31)great for outdoor dining (25)notable wine list (18)good for groups (17)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (8)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Nyc style steakhouseJaneneDined on 10/18/2014Food was delicious tough our steak was undercooked (asked for medium well and got medium rare). I'd expect for an expensive steakhouse to know steak temps. Creamed spinach was great and the slab bacon appetizer was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SadieDined on 10/16/2014My husband and I both had the crab cake, served on a plate with a spicy red cabbage, cabbage was very good, I felt there was too much filler in the crab cake, although the flavor was good. We both had filet mignon, it was delicious and perfectly cooked, good baked potato, some restaurants do a bad job on a baked potato. My husband had a white wine which he liked and I had a glass of sangria which was delish. The service was very good. We've been here before and will go back.Special Features:
- Great steakJHNJ74Dined on 10/13/2014The Wedge salad was nice, the Cowboy Steak was cooked to perfection, full of flavor and hot as was the baked Sweet Potato. The wait staff was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTinigirlDined on 10/11/2014We went with another couple. I've been before. The food was amaZing as usual. I have the wedge salad and almost licked the plate. I had oysters on the half shell and crab claws. Beautifully served and fresh. I had the filet mignon and added mushrooms, it was just so moist and tasty and delicious. One of the best meals I've had in a long time. I didn't even try anyone else's because I didn't want to share mine. And one more thing, THE best apple martini I have ever had in my entire life!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceJohnCastellanoDined on 10/11/2014My food was very good but a few in group were unhappy. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected more from a SteakhouseRicoDined on 10/8/2014I had the New York Strip Prix Fixe for Westfield , NJ restaurant week and it was rather bland and tough. Not flavorful as I expected.Special Features:
- The staff was great. The steak was2ValivalDined on 10/7/2014Came here during Restaurant Week. The restaurant was well appointed, and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. You must try the Pear Martini and the Meditteranean Mule! The steaks were well prepared, juicy and tender. We enjoyed it so much that we returned the next day for lunch I am giving it a four star rating because the desserts on the first night were blah....but at lunch, the creme brûlée was fab! Sweet Water's is sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFoodieNewbieDined on 10/6/2014The restaurant was an overall great experience. The table was ready upon our arrival, the staff was friendly and attentive and most importantly the food was good. My steak was perfectly cooked. There is a drink menu with several to choose from. The restaurant is a little pricey for the area but overAll a great experience and I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steak house in WestfieldWrdjockDined on 10/2/2014What an amazing dining experience! Everything we ordered from the mac & cheese and slab bacon appetizers to the dessert was fabulous. We ordered three different types of steaks: a filet, a sirloin and the marinated skirt steak; each was better than the next. They were all done they way we ordered them. My daughter and her fiance ordered the prix fixe dinner for $40 which involved a salad, an entree and a dessert which was very cost effective. The service and the ambiance contributed to the total dinign experience.Special Features:
- Delicious steak!NJ2014Dined on 10/2/2014The steaks were amazing, as were the Caesar salads. The baked potato just so-so. I made a reservation, but we were seated by the kitchen. Not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ReviewSomewhatSatisfiedDined on 9/30/2014Food was very good, but had a tough time getting any attention, and there was hardly many people in the place. Service is the most important thing next to food, so even if the food is great and the service stinks, the overall experience stinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse?MER14Dined on 9/28/2014Porterhouse for 2 was $87 and it was cold/ partially raw with uneven cooking/ hard grisly fat/ questionable smell with some bites..My Pink Cocktail was clear like club soda, guess no pink grapefruit juice that was supposed to be in it, unappealing for a woman.Salmon bruschetta okay but too much garlic and soggy toast. Desserts and coffee good. Asked if we wanted water at beginning and given warm water on a very warm day, asked for ice. Only 1 other table dining at 6 PM on a Sunday so food could have had more attention.
- DATE WITH OUR MILITARY GIRLWanGeoffDined on 9/27/2014We took our dtr. who came from Texas for a visit and we did not regret it. The food was excellent. The ambiance was great. Could not have asked for anything more. Thank You for a beautiful night on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patmoDined on 9/26/2014very tasty and succulent pork chop, salmon was very good too service was fine without being overbearingSpecial Features:
- Awesome food!FoodiesDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the food quality and service as we celebrated our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite-not to be missed.Curious22Dined on 9/18/2014A long time favorite. Of all the steaks they offer we have found the filet mignon to be the most flavorful and tender - and don't miss that creamed spinach. An excellent dining experience - huge martinis! - impeccable service. Highly recommended. Barbara& Sheldon Roskin Scotch Plains,NJSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JennCJennCDined on 9/13/2014Have dined at Sweet Waters a few times and have NEVER been disappointed! Food is excellent and so is the service. A Westfield Gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Wonderful restaurant...Service and food were excellent and they aim to please..bigtime...The quiet table was reserved...Five StarsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakdoctorjazzDined on 9/5/2014Went with my family for a birthday celebration, had filet mignon, loved every bite!Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Love the food here. Have tried the beef and seafood. Both outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014THE PLACE HAD GOOD STEAKS WITH MULTIPLE SAUCES. THE RED WINE WAS PROPERLY CHILLED NOT WARM. THE SIDES WERE GOOD. THE AMBIENCE QUIET.Special Features:
- Best filet aroundColeteksaysDined on 8/30/2014Great service, quiet, romantic,relaxing and you can always count on the best filet mignon around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeBobServiceDined on 8/26/2014Ordered pork chops and skirt steaks. Everything was perfect the Cesar salad was perfect as well as the cappuccino and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meatloverDined on 8/26/2014Party of 9 found helpful and efficient service. Food was very good. They were very accomodating to our needs. All thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Look forward to going backSpecial Features:
- DeliciousDonnaDined on 8/24/2014Some reviews had me a bit worried, but our dinner was terrific. The steaks were excellent and the scallops were delicious- we'd recommend both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent steaks - cooked exactly as ordered. Very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dbf22VIPDined on 8/22/2014As always everything was superb! The owner came to our table and was asking how we enjoyed the meal, she was such a pleasure. It's nice to know they care!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks and ServiceblevDined on 8/18/2014Had a business dinner on a Monday night. The service was excellent. The food was fantastic. Just had to have the "Slab Bacon" appetizer and it was decadent. Few places have skirt steaks and it was a treat to have them well prepared. The drinks selection made making a decision difficult, but the results were wonderful. Too bad we were just in the area for a one-time visit. Would love to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpringfieldduoDined on 8/17/2014The service was excellent. I felt like I was in another country. Very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessicaDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and service. I always enjoy going to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The waiter took our order & we never saw him again. I had to ask another waiter for coffee & the check. Very poor service.Special Features:
- karlVIPDined on 8/9/2014I been to this restaurant several times and the food quality and service is always outstanding!Special Features:
- Phenomenal!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014We had wonderful service; Jay and Ryan could not have been more accommodating or attentive. Our meals were prepared to perfection, and they made my very finicky mother a wonderful mojito and had it waiting for her when we arrived. THIS is what good service looks like! Thank you Sweet Waters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentgreatsteakDined on 8/2/2014Delicious salads, large portions, steak was done perfectly. Watermelon sorbet for dessert was exceptional.Special Features:
- Great lunchDbf22VIPDined on 8/1/2014Excellent food and wonderful service. Had a business meeting and my clients and I were thrilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseRdsawksDined on 7/31/2014In the middle of "restaurant row" on Elm Street in downtown Westfield there is a wonderful restaurant. When you enter, you know immediately the flavor of the restaurant - dark wood, comfortable club chairs, and impeccably dressed servers in black vest- white shirt and red tie- you know you are in a steakhouse! and There is a room to the side which would be perfect for small parties. Also outdoor seating in good weather. We had reservations and were seated immediately. The menu was simple but certainly ample choices of steaks, sauces and sides. Plus a few selections for non red meat eaters. The server was incredibly knowledgeable, stopped by often enough to check in but not overbearing. Everything was delicious and perfectly cooked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything but the steak was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014The Bacon, creamed spinach, baked mac n cheese, key lime mousse, creme brulee, & watermelon sorbet were tastey, my scallop dinner was cooked perfectly! Unfortunately the steakhouse didn't get the steaks quite right. When we got home, my husband told me that the 36oz porterhouse for 2 was served cold & was not trimmed well, my daughter then added that her 8oz filet mignon was also cold. This did not give the restaraunt a chance to fix it. I was very disappointed that neither of them said anything when we were there as those 2 steaks were over $100 & more than 1/3 of our bill. I have read similar reviews that the steaks in this steakhouse aren't the best & that's a shame since I really enjoyed everything else.
- dateniteoutDined on 7/25/2014I have dine here at a group event as well as a table for two and I found the attentiveness of the staff was great at both dining occasion. Very nice place to dine in any setting. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantYummyDined on 7/19/2014So we went for the purpose if getting steak, but after we got there and saw the burgers at the table next to us, we opted for bugers. They looked amazing. We also didn't want to risk getting steak since the reviews weren't amazing on the steak entrees. We could. It have been happier. The burger was absolutely amazing and done perfectly. The service was good and the seating outside was really pretty. We would go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem right in Westfield!Us41Dined on 7/15/2014Excellent menu choices; good wine selection; great service. Food was prepared just as requested; steaks were moist and tender.Special Features: