Sweet T’s Restaurant + Bar
2097 Stagecoach Rd Suite 100
Santa Rosa, CA 95404Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Sweet T’s Restaurant + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sweettssr.com/
- Phone: (707) 595-3935
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week Lunch daily from 11:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Dinner: Sunday through Thursday: 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., Friday & Saturday: 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Comfort Food, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Mac Edwards
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Call us to discuss your special event!
A word from Sweet T’s Restaurant + Bar
Owners Dennis and Ann Tussey have paired up with Chef Mac Edwards of Memphis, TN to bring their vision of a southern inspired restaurant to Santa Rosa. Sweet T's features classics such as shrimp & grits, fried chicken, and house smoked bbq made using the freshest local produce and meat of Sonoma County's wine country.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sweet T’s Restaurant + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)great for outdoor dining (59)fit for foodies (56)great for lunch (40)good for groups (36)kid-friendly (25)special occasion (24)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (13)romantic (8)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (8)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Consistantly Inconsistantvintagegirl114Dined on 11/20/2014I have visited this restaurant, which is very close to my home, at least 5 times now. While their beef brisket remains a favorite, the other menu items and wait staff can vary greatly from visit to visit. I would hesitate to recommend Sweet T's to anyone because the service can vary from incredibly fast to incredibly slow. Some of the menu items are terrible. A friend's pork chop was so tough she could not cut through it. I wish they could get their act together and just do great Texas style BBQ, which is not available anywhere else in Sonoma County. They also need to fire some of the staff and hire much better wait staff who are capable of remembering what was ordered and timing the arrival of dishes so that diners can relax and enjoy one course before the other is on the table.
- off a bit tonightQualityissuesDined on 11/9/2014Normally very good. Toght the shrimp and grits were "soupy" rather than having a texture and the fried chicken was tough and chewy. Of course we will return but the need to keep an eye on quality.Special Features:
- Sweet TsjbffVIPDined on 11/9/2014Driving from San Francisco we stopped in Santa Rosa for lunch. We were very pleasantly surprised to find Sweet T's. All the food was excellent. Ribs were some of the best we have ever had. Shrimp and grits were complex in flavor and a generous serving. The boiled shrimp on ice were amazing! We plan on making trips back as we have not found anything like it in the city.Special Features:
- Fried Chicken!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Went here because they were said to have the best fried chicken in town. It may be true as the chicken was the best I have had in Santa Rosa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Waitress!DinnerVIPDined on 11/8/2014Vicki was our waitress and she was an absolute doll! She was both friendly and fun! We have had her a few times and we just love her! And the food was AMAZING as always!Special Features:
- protobobDined on 11/5/2014What a goldmine is all I can say. People waiting out side, three seating, totally wild but very good over all.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Discovery!funtimesDined on 11/2/2014My family and I recently discovered Sweet T's for a birthday celebration. What a pleasant surprise to find genuine Louisiana cuisine. It's not often you will come across New Orleans' signature drink, the Sazerac! Everyone tried something different. Blackened catfish, fried chicken and waffles, cheesy grits with okra topped my list. We had my four and five year old grandkids with us and the staff was very accommodating. If you are in search of some good old New Orleans cooking don't wait! You'll become a repeat customer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly stafforsiegirlDined on 11/1/2014Was able to get a last minute reservation and seated right away. Server was very nice and announced specials for the evening. Enjoyed the fried chicken dinner, burger and side of okra. Drinks from bar were very good. Only issue was slow service, both for drinks and food. Not sure what the problem is, but service is always slow. Still, a fun place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014I really like the menu and service. The fact that I was able to make a reservation online saved time. I have taken my friends & family to Sweet T's because I love the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real GemRobbnJohnDined on 10/27/2014Great food, the service was very good considering the place was jammed. Everyone of the staff was extremely helpful, and patience and very knowledgeable about the food. A real find! Great menu with so may choices, A place to visit over & over again. a real findSpecial Features:
- not2niteDined on 10/18/2014We had a better experience than previous visits. They didn't run out of anything. It was a pleasant evening. Service was good. had reservations, was seated promptly.Special Features:
- Good food and nice settingRustyDined on 10/17/2014We liked the restaurant, but had to wait an additional 30 minutes due to previous patrons staying too long. The restaurant did buy us drinks to make up for the wait. The food service was good but the bar service was horrible! Bartender asked us to pay for drinks right away and then left the money on the bar. We had to ask another bartender to take the money so we were paid up. He then didn't give us any change so we had to ask him for our change. (We planned on tipping not just that large amount) We finally got our change and when we didn't pick it up immediately the original bartender (with a beard) came by and picked it all up for his tip! Not very cool and we didn't appreciate it!Special Features:
- Dinner before a concertTootallDined on 10/15/2014The food was outstanding. Just like mom used to make when we lived in the South. The meat was tender and had a good flavor. The brisket was a little to fatty. The dining room is a little crowded if you are inside at a table. There is more room outside or at the booths. We had to wait almost an hour for diner, but was just at the outside of my timeline for getting to a concert. I will have to plan for more time next time.Special Features:
- Best roasted half-chickenrtclikDined on 10/14/2014I love chicken...was hungry for a good roasted chicken. Sweet T's surpassed my wildest expectations by providing me some of the best cooked, best tasting roasted chicken I've had in a very long time. Sweet potato/red pepper/mushroom hash was good, and the grits were outstanding. My first visit, but the experience insured I will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- 5 star menutac10Dined on 10/12/2014I introduced friends to a most fabulous Southern Cooked dinner! Outstanding Southern cooking as any to be found in a Southern State! A great impression was made on my friends and they too, enjoyed the evening of Southern Cooked dining whereby they undoubtedly shall become "regulars" at Sweet T's. My favorites? Fried Chicken, black eyed peas, hush puppies, biscuits, and the list goes on! Many thanks for the great evening and thanks for bringing Southern Cooking to Santa Rosa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good, and the owner caresJessVIPDined on 10/11/2014Sweet T's is a sure thing. You always know that the food will be delicious and of high quality. The service is attentive but understated. I happened to meet the owner one evening and it was clear that he cared deeply about the customer experience.Special Features:
- SuperDaveDined on 10/9/2014It was our first time at Sweet T's, and I was impressed. We enjoyed the food very much, and the service was excellent as well. I had a BBQ combination plate and my wife had the roasted chicken, both were excellent, we also took home some deserts the bread pudding and carrot cake, which were equally delicious. My only complaints were the serious lack of parking, and the creamed corn was swimming in cream, perhaps that is how it is served in the south, but in my experience there is usually more corn than cream, but then again I am from the North East. I will be back soon to try the rest of the menu, and I will bring some friends who we are certain will enjoy it as much as we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern comfort in CaliforniaCatsbragDined on 10/4/2014We drove out of our way to find this restaurant based on the reviews. The BBQ was fired over an outdoor smoker and prepared with great care and flavorful. To my husband it was fantastic but for me a little greasy. Be sure and get the Fried Green Tomatoes....excellent! They have seating indoor and outdoors, clean and not pretentious. Service was a little bit slow but they were extremely busy. It was great to find some southern comfort foods in California but being a southern gal for me it was good, not great. My husband would give it a higher rating. Still a unique twist for California. Be sure to make reservations and allow extra time for service. Proportions are plentiful... lots of leftovers.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/2/2014The food is excellent! They have the best Key Lime pie of anywhere. their fried chicken is the very best. Always enough for another meal. This is one of my favorite places.Special Features:
- Great FoodjoecliDined on 10/1/2014The Fried Chicken is maybe the best in the world. How you get perfectly cooked and juicy chicken with a great, thin crust is still hard to figure out - but world class for sure. The seafood Gumbo is outstanding as are the chicken livers (a real treat you can't find anywhere) and the broussell sprouts. We will coming back for sure - often.Special Features:
- Unexpected experience2lazy2cookDined on 9/21/2014We love coming here for dinner. I've heard some negative reviews from friends in the past but have usually had great food. Until now. Had the salmon special and the fish was under-cooked and near raw in the middle. The brussel sprout appetizer (our favorite) was also under-cooked to the point of almost raw crunchy. The roasted chicken breasts were under-seasoned and the accompanying vegetables also under-cooked. This seemed to be the theme of the evening. None of it was unpalatable but was disappointing based on previous experiences. We will be back but consistency seems to be their Achilles Heel. I hope they can correct this.Special Features:
- Always greatFrogloverDined on 9/21/2014Once again, we had a great dinner at Sweet T's. It never disappoints. The ribs, as always, were great; cooked perfectly. Creamed corn is proof that god exists and wants us to be happy.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServicejoecliDined on 9/20/2014Food was over-the-top for carnevores. All meats cooked to perfection. Cheese rolls great. Service from all, including the chef, was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQ's meats!katflysDined on 9/18/2014Get the Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Aioli. You will love them. We got the meat plate that comes with 2 sides. The pork ribs had a nice rub on them. The pulled pork is really good--it wasn't mushy. The beef was also very tender but wasn't as beef flavored as I would've imagined. The chicken was nicely roasted and not too dried out, it too had a nice rub on it. 1 BBQ dipping sauce is very sweet, 1 is a hotter, less sweet sauce. The sides were the braised greens (too sweet) and the potato salad, which was pretty good. Their wine list is good, lots of local wineries which is the way it should be here in Sonoma County! Last word: if you're lucky enough to get Vickie as your server you will be served well, with a side of charming fun!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Sweet T's is a wonderful place to go for wonderful food and service. I have NEVER been disappointed there!Special Features:
- Good foodcpe123VIPDined on 9/13/2014Our party thought the meat was tender & tasteful. The cost was a bit high for the quantity served - somehow larger portions for a bbq place are expected - but not on our visit.
- BravoWaterstatsVIPDined on 9/8/2014Nice to see we were seated when we arrived and not made to wait until everyone showed up. Food was incredible again and the service spot on. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken and WafflesoulmanDined on 9/6/2014We had reservations and we were seated upon arrival. Our request for outside dining was accommodated. We both had the Saturday and Sunday special of fried chicken and waffle. The fried chicken and waffle was some of the best we have ever had. The chicken was tasty, moist, and tender with a terrific crunch. The waffle was tasty and went well with the chicken. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- fried chickenAwesomeDined on 9/5/2014good drinks and great service (Cassie)...fried chicken was deliciousSpecial Features:
- WonderfulYumYumYumDined on 8/31/2014I love Sweet T's! I take friends here all of the time to taste the wonderful food and it is a great place if you want to relax and enjoy yourself. The service is excellent, the food is melts-in-your-mouth good, and there is no place quite like it. Aww, I love Sweet T's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for EveryoneElceeVIPDined on 8/28/2014We love this place! It's around the corner from our house! How lucky are we? The smoked chicken in the Cobb Salad or in sandwiches is excellent! One of the best Cobb salads in the County! Roast chicken or fried - it's all very good. (We don't normally eat fried foods but this is special. Wonderful side dishes with nice veggie choices too. Very good desserts. Very friendly wait staff. A real neighborhood winner!Special Features:
- Loving Southern in Santa RosaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Great food but unfortunately the service is kinda slow.Special Features:
- So-So mealAmy707Dined on 8/21/2014Four of us dined on the patio. Nice setting, but we didn't appreciate the BBQ smoke wafting over us repeatedly. One diner enjoyed his pulled pork. The others felt their chicken and gumbo were adequate. Great BBQ sauce with the chicken. Side dishes of slaw (bland) and grits (tasted like processed cheese on top) didn't rate. Server was prompt and helpful. Server should have pointed out that the bottle of 2011 pinot noir we ordered was a 2012 before we noticed it.
- Dinner reviewDanLDined on 8/16/2014Superb service and food....friendly, helpful and cheerful staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JadeVIPDined on 8/14/2014Great southern style cooking/food. Accoustics are poor, especially if you are seated next to a large boisterous croud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We enjoyed appetizers that included salmon patties with a remoulade (sauce) that was heavenly, hush puppies, fried brussel sprouts, and fried green tomatoes. Our entrees were just as wonderful: brisket, salmon, ribs and fried chicken. Everything was hot and delicious. Our server was friendly and attentive as well. Kudos to April. I would recommend this restaurant nestled in the Santa Rosa hills. It is really up there. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant experienceoldrareDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I took our daughter here for a late lunch on her Birthday. Cheerful, friendly service, interesting menu. Would return, would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night with hubbyJenJenDined on 8/3/2014Loved the food! The fried green tomatoes were perfectly cooked and the breading wasn't greasy or heavy. The hush puppies were crispy on the outside and p soft and light on the inside. It was a nice place to go for a date night. Big portions that we ended up taking home for late night snacking. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MollieDined on 8/2/2014Need to have room for more comments. Good food, good service mostly, and great location for usSpecial Features:
- Do you love BBQ.XNYCGALDined on 7/31/2014Great restaurant, I had the fried chicken with garlic mashed potatoes. My husband had smoked ribs. Service and god was very good. It is noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 310 reviews are from the Sweet T’s Restaurant + Bar reviews archive.