Sweet T’s Restaurant + Bar
2097 Stagecoach Rd Suite 100
Santa Rosa, CA 95404Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Sweet T’s Restaurant + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sweettssr.com/
- Phone: 7075953935
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week Lunch daily from 11:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Dinner: Sunday through Thursday: 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., Friday & Saturday: 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Comfort Food, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Mac Edwards
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Call us to discuss your special event!
A word from Sweet T’s Restaurant + Bar
Owners Dennis and Ann Tussey have paired up with Chef Mac Edwards of Memphis, TN to bring their vision of a southern inspired restaurant to Santa Rosa. Sweet T's features classics such as shrimp & grits, fried chicken, and house smoked bbq made using the freshest local produce and meat of Sonoma County's wine country.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sweet T’s Restaurant + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (81)great for outdoor dining (75)fit for foodies (55)great for lunch (54)good for groups (36)special occasion (34)kid-friendly (27)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (20)great for brunch (12)romantic (12)notable wine list (9)late-night find (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- Loving Southern in Santa RosaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Great food but unfortunately the service is kinda slow.Special Features:
- So-So mealAmy707Dined on 8/21/2014Four of us dined on the patio. Nice setting, but we didn't appreciate the BBQ smoke wafting over us repeatedly. One diner enjoyed his pulled pork. The others felt their chicken and gumbo were adequate. Great BBQ sauce with the chicken. Side dishes of slaw (bland) and grits (tasted like processed cheese on top) didn't rate. Server was prompt and helpful. Server should have pointed out that the bottle of 2011 pinot noir we ordered was a 2012 before we noticed it.
- Dinner reviewDanLDined on 8/16/2014Superb service and food....friendly, helpful and cheerful staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JadeVIPDined on 8/14/2014Great southern style cooking/food. Accoustics are poor, especially if you are seated next to a large boisterous croud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We enjoyed appetizers that included salmon patties with a remoulade (sauce) that was heavenly, hush puppies, fried brussel sprouts, and fried green tomatoes. Our entrees were just as wonderful: brisket, salmon, ribs and fried chicken. Everything was hot and delicious. Our server was friendly and attentive as well. Kudos to April. I would recommend this restaurant nestled in the Santa Rosa hills. It is really up there. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant experienceoldrareDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I took our daughter here for a late lunch on her Birthday. Cheerful, friendly service, interesting menu. Would return, would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night with hubbyJenJenDined on 8/3/2014Loved the food! The fried green tomatoes were perfectly cooked and the breading wasn't greasy or heavy. The hush puppies were crispy on the outside and p soft and light on the inside. It was a nice place to go for a date night. Big portions that we ended up taking home for late night snacking. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MollieDined on 8/2/2014Need to have room for more comments. Good food, good service mostly, and great location for usSpecial Features:
- Do you love BBQ.XNYCGALDined on 7/31/2014Great restaurant, I had the fried chicken with garlic mashed potatoes. My husband had smoked ribs. Service and god was very good. It is noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newbies Love It!LesIsMoreDined on 7/29/2014Brought some friends from work here for their first time. Those of us who have been here before were hyping it to the point we made ourselves hungry. My personal favorite is the Fried Chicken Dinner. Chicken is cooked to perfection and also comes w/mashed potatoes & a delicious biscuit. Mud Pie was last and was shared by all due to the fact we were stuffed but wanted dessert. Everything sooo deelish and the service was outstanding! We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh foodLooneylindaDined on 7/24/2014The food was presented so beautifully and tasted as good as it looked. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Very noiseyValentinesDined on 7/23/2014I took 2 very prominat people in Sonoma county for sweet t s. They both are used to very high end restaurants and fine dining. The noise level was horrendous. Our server was a shorter woman with white hair. Rather than being eloquent when at the table she spoke with a southern accent some of the time and was very high pitched. Everything she offered additionally she told us the price "want sweet tea 2 bucks more." A little degrading and tacky. Food was amazing and saved the night. When paying our server disappeared with our check for 20 minutes. I watched the clock. That was very frustrating. In the end I would go back because of the food. My guests said they would not return though the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, service so solocaleDined on 7/23/2014We eat here fairly often and LOVE the chow... this time service was a bit disorganized altho our server was very sweet... just slower than usual. The host staff was disorganized when we first arrived and a bit overwhelmed. But it is a great place to eat and we will go back--- it was probably just a one off as they say!Special Features:
- Great Comfort FoodJenniferDined on 7/22/2014All 4 of us had something different -- it was all delicious. The servings for large & we all had doggie bags. We had a very attentive waitress.Special Features:
- Good Food - Not So Good ServiceNotahappycustDined on 7/22/2014I brought a "surprise" birthday cake for 2 people. Their names clearly written on the cake!! I purchased the cake fee before lunch for $10. When we were all waiting to order, I happened to glance over to another table and there was the server who took my $$ for the cake fee lighting the candles on my cake at another table!! I rushed over and after excusing myself 3 times she finally acknowledged me and I told her that was my cake!! No refund was offered on the cake chg. until I went and asked. Our party of six then waited an hour and 10 minutes for our lunch which consisted of 6 salads!!! This isn't the first time I've been ther where the food wait was over 49 minutes, with no "I'm sorry" from the wait staff!! Won't probably go back!Special Features:
- Some of the Best food in Santa RosalanihoneyDined on 7/20/2014The smoked food is the absolute best we have ever had, they take great care to give you a great meal. We have had just about everything on the menu and everything is outstanding, you can't make a wrong choice.Special Features:
- Good food decent priceDinner4twoDined on 7/19/2014Was my first visit to this restaurant and it was rather enjoyable. We were sat right away. Will return next time I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnchantingSunshineDined on 7/18/2014Would return to try more entrees Wish I saw the wine list Great great service Friendly and welcomingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious as always!localeDined on 7/15/2014We have never had a bad meal here! Love the food, the servers are very personable and helpful. It is just a very fun and tasty place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food fun atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Excellent place to eat and had a lot of fun going as a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayJimmyVIPDined on 7/11/2014The service was just okay. They got our drink order wrong. The hostess was rude to me when I told them the last time I was there they did mark down they I showed up for my reservation.Special Features:
- Great Southern Food and MoreJenniferDined on 7/9/2014Very nice restaurant & the food is consistently delicious - everything! The atmosphere is relaxing & staff is friendly. It was a fun experience.Special Features:
- Great ribs...wggzreviewVIPDined on 7/8/2014Some of the best BBQ in the area. As a side the Mac n Cheese needs some attention. The Fried Okra is a good substitute!Special Features:
- Excellent Southern food5starVIPDined on 7/6/2014We have be going to Sweet T for a couple years and find the food consistently well-prepared. Their fried chicken is awesome! We usually order the deviled eggs for an appetizer which are excellent. My husband had the pulled chicken sandwich and said it was on on par with Rutherford Grill which is one of our favorite places in the Napa area. The staff is well trained and attentive. Definitely give this place a try when you want a delicious lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good southern inspired foodsdtcnaDined on 7/4/2014Sweet T's offers southern inspired comfort food that's good but not great. Overall, however, it's a nice place to go with a family.Special Features:
- Good Food and ServiceCatJVIPDined on 7/3/2014We were visiting Santa Rosa and were looking for a place to get dinner during our stay with a reservation. The people at the restaurant were very friendly. I would recommend the pulled pork nachos (probably the best thing we had that night!)Special Features:
- Great Southern Style EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014Sweet T's is a great find. Up scale dining feel without the upscale price. Nice outside seating area. Inside is modern with an intimate feel. For starters we ordered fried okra and hush puppies. The okra was great, puppies OK. (more spice for me). I ordered the fried chicken. The chicken was perfect, juicy inside/crispy outside, lots of little "crunchies" (more spice for me). The menu had a great selection, burger, large dinner salads, Spicy shrimp plater were also ordered off the menu. The staff was on top of everything. They were friendly, professional, and very knowledgable about the menu items.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014For being a 4:15 reservation it was very slow service.Special Features:
- Santa Rosa GemItaliangalDined on 6/27/2014We tried Sweet T's for a family birthday and had a memorable time. This is a place to enjoy real Southern cuisine at its finest with a touch of class. We had gumbo, fried chicken, smoked chicken platter, brisket platter, collard greens, mac & cheese (delicious!), mashed potatoes. Only comment was that the fried chicken was a bit dry. We were there on a Friday night, very busy and very loud. I think the restaurant needs to address its acoustics because we could not have a conversation without yelling. Next time, we will sit outside on the patio. The desserts are to die for, especially the key lime pie. Prices are reasonable and portions are generous. The waitress was exceptional, stellar service, very sweet. Truly a Santa Rosa gem.Special Features:
- GREAT!BigeatersDined on 6/27/2014Sweet T's is our new go-to favorite in Sonoma County. Menu is consistently good with a variety of choices and prepared with fresh ingredients. Every dish we've tried has been fantastic!Special Features:
- Amazing soul foodFoodisawesomeDined on 6/21/2014Had a fantastic lunch here last week including their version of nachos- a strange mix but delicious to the taste buds, I recommend getting the pulled pork added. We also tried the fried chicken & waffles, potato salad, fried okra, chicken livers, sweet potato fries, etc and each was tasty and abundant. We highly suggest trying this place if you've got a hankering for some Southern homestyle cooking that's cruelty-free and ethically sourced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodhungrybearDined on 6/19/2014We had the brisket plate with cheese grits and sweet potato hash; pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw; home-made biscuits, fried okra, and hush puppies to start. The brisket is not overly smokey, the pork has substantial bark, and the sides were all amazing. We got all our food and a couple drinks for $70-75 (2 ppl), which was a pleasant surprise. Service seemed good overall at Sweet-T's, however our sever that night was a little quarky and not a great fit for me. All in all, I would recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findparkerdDined on 6/19/2014I checked reviews for this place and then checked their menu. It was our 31st anniversary and I wanted to go locally to a place that had the type of food I love. This place had it all. Wasn't fancy but was more upgrade than most places. I had the combination plate and my husband had the chicken. We enjoyed our dinners. The service was great and the lady that served us was very friendly. I would recommend this restaurant and go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, got really noisyMurphDined on 6/18/2014We had a very nice dinner at Sweet T's. The service was quite slow and our server was aloof and pretty much absent. That didn't bother us much because the food came promptly and we didn't care about replenishing our water or drinks (but if we did care about that, we would have been annoyed). The food is excellent and exactly what you come to expect from Sweet T's: well made Southern food and plenty of it! Towards the end of our meal, a large and very noisy group was seated right next to us, at a table that was MUCH too small for them. It felt like they were sitting in our laps and shouting. We didn't have to put up with them for too long, but it was definitely the wrong place to put such a big and boisterous group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!love2lunchDined on 6/15/2014The food is fantastic and the service is excellent. Have never been disappointed. This is one of the best restaurants in Santa Rosa!Special Features:
- SLOWOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014We had a reservation, but when we arrived, they told us they didn't have a table, so we could either cram into a table designed for fewer people, or wait for another table to finish dessert. We crammed in, and it was snug. It took us over 45 minutes to get our appetizers, and another 50 minutes before our food came out. VERY slow! But the food was excellent, our server was nice, and it gave us time to chat and catch up while we waited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceenterdlawDined on 6/12/2014I was in Santa Rosa for a school and happened to hear about Sweet T's from a fellow student. A group of us decided to eat dinner at Sweet T's and had a wonderful experience. The food was fantastic, the specialty drinks were excellent as was the service. I highly recommend this restaurant. You will not go wrong.Special Features:
- Perfection!!MzDazeeDined on 6/12/2014First timers. We took our mom there to celebrate her birthday, EVERYTHING was fantastic!! Rib salad, hush puppies, mushroom sandwich, fried green tomatoes and sweet potatoe bread pudding with homemade whipped cream!!! Before we left, we were planning our next visit and meal. Go and enjoy a hidden treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014My wife and I were celebrating her birthday. We had been to Sweet T's once before and looked forward to returning. Was not disappointed. Our server, Vicky, did a great job. Look forward tro going back again.Special Features:
- Friendly staff, excellent foodBettyDined on 6/8/2014We had a lovely meal here after a day of working in the yard. This is less than five minutes from our house. Very friendly from the hostess to the servers and the food is delicious.Special Features: