1017 East Las Olas Bvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sweetnectarbuzz.com/
- Phone: (954) 761-2122
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Sunday- Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Sweet Nectar
Sweet Nectar is a casual fine dining restaurant concept. Sweet Nectar is host to everything from casual weekend champagne brunches, to nights on the town and intimate dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Sweet Nectar - Best Restaurants in Coral Springs ›
Sweet Nectar reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)romantic (3)special occasion (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Excellent and uniqueCraig4245VIPDined on 11/12/2014Food was great. We had a bunch of snacks and grilled items We hoped they would be tapas, but they seem smaller. So we kept ordering. Everything was great. Delicious. Calamari fries went in a second. The sliders were so good we order a second portion. Mostly because there were 4 of us and only 2 came to a serving. Even the grilled playes seem small. But the food certainly out shined the size. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is a "go to place..."WayneDined on 11/9/2014Love the setting. Food is really good. Service has improved dramatically. I think the restaurant has hit the mark. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/2/2014Didn't have my reservation, food was mediocre for brunch
- Perfect for smokersAlexDined on 10/22/2014I couldn't believe how many people were smoking in the restaurant... I know its open and they have fans but it was hard to eat with six people next to you chain smoking, so if you are a smoker this restaurany is perfect for you. Otherwise sit insideSpecial Features:
- Loved it!!! Must go backGigiVIPDined on 10/18/2014Pretty amazing find... The food was great and I prefer the outdoor seating... Sharing plates and small bites... Pumpkin beer was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner SuccessKWags70Dined on 10/11/2014Sweet Nectar is the perfect place for a "celebrating something-wanna hang out with my peeps-want a little variety-feel like relaxing and have a little fun" night. I got to people watch, have delicious bevss & eat a fantastic array of tapas-style treats that you're not finding at your run-of- the-mill restaurants. Not loud but just busy enough to where you know everyone else is having a good time. We had a 7 PM reservation, got there on time, and were seated immediately. Matt was our primary server and he was funny, non-intrusive and attentive. The food was delicious and timely and the ambience was fabulous. Our party left full, satisfied and already talking about our next visit. 5 stars and a big Thank a You from all of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly different...very good!mickonrunVIPDined on 10/11/2014Very good outside bar area surrounded by cafe tables. Nice Happy Hour 7 days a week. Half priced draft beer including craft. We ate inside which was very quiet. Fun to watch what was going on in the open kitchen. The chef was particular to make sure every dish went out looking perfect. Lots of creative small plates. Angus Sliders, Mexican Corn on cobbettes, Sweet and Sour chicken skewers, and Romaine Lettuce Hearts salad were our choices and they were all fantastic. Four plates for the 2 of us was a satisfying dinner. We did ordered the Root-beer Float for dessert but sent it back because the cinnamon ice cream was a bit on the iced side and wasn't impressive at all. Inside furnishings were comfortable and fun for groups of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!AdamDined on 9/26/2014My group of 3 ordered the corn, lamb lollipops, short rib, wedge salad, chorizo stuffed figs, lobster mac AND the nutella fondue which was so good! Our server Naomi was great and the drinks were our absolute favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!daniellecDined on 9/6/2014Great little place for cocktails and tapas. Had a good time with some girlfriends.Special Features:
- Fabulous but Hot!!UnderwhelmingDined on 8/17/2014I ask that they have the fans on for brunch, it was hotter than hell outside last Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun; not worth price of admissionWentOUTLastNightVIPDined on 8/2/2014This place has a good location; fun outdoor seating but so overpriced for what you get! Maybe it's just me but tapas must be defined as pay the same price but get significantly less food. I'm all for quality over quantity but not to this level. This was an expensive snack and that's all.Special Features:
- The following 25 reviews are from the Sweet Nectar reviews archive.
- Creative menu/trendy spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014Great specialty drinks, very creative dishes. Recommend Korean short ribs, Brussel sprouts, fried oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AAA+++JessyDined on 7/17/2014I had the fish sandwhich. It was wonderful and fresh. I shared the bread pudding and it was to die for.Special Features:
- DisappointedMNM9VIPDined on 7/12/2014Food wasn't good. Drinks are very expensive and were weak on liquor. Restaurant is pretty.
- sweet nectarBarbDined on 7/5/2014We enjoyed this restaurant. We had a choice of small plates (tapas) which could be shared or a regular entree. The food was really good. I would go back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK dinning experiencevlk318Dined on 6/29/2014The food at sweet nectar was very good. However, the service was sub-par. Our server was inattentive even though the restaurant wasn't that busy. Our water glasses were often empty and the arrival of the items that we ordered was spaced out awkwardly.Special Features:
- SweetMygoodfridayDined on 6/15/2014The food was great the pteradactel wing was phenomenalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LoveGreatFoodVIPDined on 5/25/2014The food was A M A Z I N G. The flavor of everything cooked over charcoal was superb. We soooo loved the Brussel Sprouts, we ordered a second order! Really, really enjoyed everything about this restaurant. Will definitely go again!!Special Features:
- Not a good experienceLarryIntheWestDined on 5/15/2014I'll make it brief. The menu looks great, and our expectations were high. But we left, dissatisfied, for a few important reasons. 1. The door between the outside dining area on the noisy street and the dining room was left open. The flies made a straight line for our food. 2. What's that smell? Oh, the chef just threw some lighter fluid onto the charcoal grill, at the rear of the dining room. 3. There was no management presence whatsoever. 4. At one point during our meal, there was no presence of any kind. I needed something and looked around for someone to summon, but there were NO servers in the room, no bussers, no cooks, just the bartender. WTF? 5. Our server seriously needed some attitude adjustment. No, we're not coming back.
- Good Addition to Las OlasOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/11/2014We decided to try brunch at this relatively new venue. It was very enjoyable and we will return to try dinner. The outdoor space is great and the service was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okaySFveganDined on 4/17/2014Although the food is good (not great), it is quite overpriced. That, coupled with an ill-informed wait staff, clueless hostesses and what seemed to be a very confusing system for all of the staff, means my return is doubtful. If beer pong is your thing, you'll probably enjoy this place more than I.
- disappointedSushiloverDined on 4/12/2014The asparagus was tough and the two sliders were boring. dont waste your money on the fried chicken skins. On the good side was the potato pancake. If that was not enough there were flies everywhere. There are so many good resturants on las olas I would go elsewhere for a quality meal.
- Better than the reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/5/2014I read some not so great things about this restaurant, but tried it anyway. I thought it was really good. The service was a little slow, but not bad and the food came quickly so it wasn't a problem. Food was yummy, cocktails were tasty and the outside dining was great. I will definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Mostly rightFoodblokeVIPDined on 3/12/2014The grilled items stand out for their originality. Great sardines, Brussels sprouts, sweet n sour chicken kebab. Jumbo prawn was little soggy, not real fresh tasting. Missed trying the s'mores for dessert, so a good reason to return, because the presentation looked great. Our server was charming and beautiful and did a pretty good job explaining menu items, clearly has done her side work. We will return.Special Features:
- FunkyRschagrinVIPDined on 3/8/2014Southern tapas. There were four of us for dinner before theater. It was happy hour so drinks were half price. We have grilled prawns(huge),crispy fried chicken thighs, angus beef sliders(very good),forage mushrooms(nice assortment), grilled oysters(must try)calamari fries(very good)roasted Brussels sprouts(exceptional) dinosaur short rib (very large and very good). Definitely a place to try if you are into trying new foods and like tapas-style dinning. Most of the tables are outside overlooking the Las Olas sceneSpecial Features:
- Beautiful eveningFarfelDined on 2/22/2014We made a reservation and we were seated on time Our waiter was very pleasant and knowledgeable our tapas were calamari Mac n cheese tuna carpaccio Brussels sprouts. All very good for the four of us we were there in time for happy hour but. We were not allowed to share our drinks. Then we ordered the snapper as our meal to share as well as a potato side dish. The snapper was expensive for it size. The head was bigger than the body .needless to say we were very disappointed since it was their "signature" dish. All in all it was nice to be able to sit outside and enjoy the evening.Special Features:
- Las Olas triumphs againSFBomberDined on 2/21/2014SN absolutely fulfilled our tapas fix. Dinosaur Short Rib is a must-have, everything you want in/on a rib. Octopus salad, scallop provencal, incredible mussels, and calamari fries; all superb. Lobster Mac n Cheese was only failure (MIL wanted the dish). Server was perfect, dropped by repeatedly as we continuously had questions on the eclectic menu options. He also provided ample refills without our need to search. We sat outside against Las Olas without Las Olas rubbing against us. ;-) The deconstructed apple pie and fruit cobbler more than satisfied the varied palates at the table. Overly impressed by SN. Will return soon with a group as that seemed to be a lot of fun (12 seated at the next table). Brussels Sprouts are first up next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun place - good place togoldyDined on 2/14/2014fun place - good place to share plates & try a bunch of different things. good libations too!!!Special Features:
- Great New Placenano302VIPDined on 2/14/2014I found this restaurant on OpenTable looking for a last minute place to eat on Valentine's Day. The rustic ambiance and out of the box tapas menu make this place a unique find on the restaurant-laden las olas strip. You are on las olas but you are not in the middle of the hustle and bustle. The setting is rustic but in a charming and unassuming way. The food was delicious and everyone enjoyed what they got. We are a group that likes the share so the menu was perfect. There is a great variety so everyone can find something and this includes a very unique hand-crafted drink menu which accompanies the regular menu and looks just as amazing. I highly recommend this restaurant as it has become my new go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but small on the portionOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/29/2014Enjoyed very much, but a bit skimpy on the food. Wine list could use improvement for sure. Needs some work, but still new, so will try againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large plate portions wereFoodieDined on 1/22/2014Large plate portions were much smaller than we had anticipated, especially for the price. The food was delicious however portion size/price could be adjusted.Special Features:
- "paging Gordon Ramsay"grayyakVIPDined on 1/20/2014the location is premium ,the vibe sorta cool. good enough cocktails & beer selection Food,asinine small portions (even considering the ones listed as small plates) volume to dollar across the board hard to understand what treir thinking. aside from the ahi crudo(which was very good) ) flavorwise bordering on minimalist,especially against how flavorful the descriptions were. service....go back to the drawing board. hire professionals. that crew oughta be working the graveyard shift at Denny's Sad great location, but our bet it survives less time than Tundra,in same parcel.Special Features:
- First timerEat2liveDined on 1/17/2014We really enjoyed our first time there. Food was delish. You order tons of share plates and the portions are big. We liked all the food but not the tuna carpaccio. It was neon pink and gross...Beware. Must try's include:Brussel sprouts, popcorn shrimp, short ribs, and the chocolate fondue. Also there are no signs so it makes it very hard to find the restaurant. Poor ideaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOBSTER POPCORN, GRILLED ASPARAGUS,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/13/2014LOBSTER POPCORN, GRILLED ASPARAGUS, PARMESEAN SAUCE FRIES & SKIRT STEAK ALL EXCELLENT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $16 Martini???logregularDined on 1/10/2014The ambiance and food quality were decent but do not support a $16 martini. The Lobster Bar doesn't even charge that much. The other think that didn't work in my opinion was the metal martini "glass" which you can taste in the drink.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/9/2014We have been there twice and will be back!! Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.