Sweet Lorraine's - Southfield
29101 Greenfield Rd
Southfield, MI 48076Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sweet Lorraine's - Southfield
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sweetlorraines.com/
- Phone: 2485595985
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Keith Vertz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sweet Lorraine's specializes in Private dining - What ever the occasion.
We are flattered by your inquiry of our private dining facilities! Together we can create a memorable event of exciting cuisine, quality service, and a truly unique style.
- Private Party Contact: Dining Room Manager 2485595985
A word from Sweet Lorraine's - Southfield
Sweet Lorraine's offers a selection of daily specials, including homemade soups, pastas, seafood and vegetarian entrees - inspired by exciting ethnic cuisines. Favorites include Pecan Chicken, Maple-Cured Norwegian Salmon, Chicken & Shrimp Creole, Certified Angus Steaks, Hot Yellowfin Tuna Nicoise Salad, as well as a wide selection of fresh-baked desserts including Apple Brown Betty. Our wine list has received Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence" (1994-2010) with a list of over 100 selections and over 25 wines by the glass; dozens of imported beers and spirits.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Sweet Lorraine's - Southfield - Best Restaurants in Southfield ›
Sweet Lorraine's - Southfield reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (28)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (20)good for groups (16)special occasion (14)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (7)romantic (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent valueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014House appetizer: focaccia bread served warm with seasoned dip tasted like it was fresh out of the oven Tomato soup with seasoned croutons was delicious Monte Carlo salads with chicken tasted freshly made. Waitress was delightfully friendly and gave prompt, attentive service Ice tea was replenished frequently Plus, we had a coupon ($14.00 value) that covered the cost of the tip. (Buy one entree, get one free)Special Features:
- Awesome MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014And if you provide your email address, you'll get great coupons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vegetarian food!DinerDined on 8/23/2014Lots of vegetarian options. Excellent food. A far different menu than the Sweet Lorraine's in Livonia. I was disappointed in my experience in Livonia, but I would come back to Southfield any time! We have been there twice in the past month and would go there more often if they were closer to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it everytimeWadeDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant is just fantastic. We return there as often as we can. The service and especially the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!jaxlawyerDined on 8/16/2014I try to make a trip there whenever I'm visiting Detroit.Special Features:
- great but not fine diningaessenDined on 8/10/2014I really liked this restaurant but I did not feel that it was a fine dining restaurant. However it was priced that way. The food was ok but not fine dining quality. The service was good but not fine dining quality. Would I dine here in the future, only if prices change to represent the restaurant.Special Features:
- Pricier than anticipatedOoberFFDined on 8/9/2014The food was good. Great variety. Prices not really justified though. Good kids menu.Special Features:
- terrific neighborhood diningMartyVIPDined on 8/3/2014We always have a delicious and creative dining experience with good value.Special Features:
- shoresshoresDined on 7/27/2014Very good ..brunch was excellent. Lots of food..reserved table for 6 and was ready when we all arrived- waitress was always around to give us the best service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jancjancDined on 7/16/2014Another great meal at Sweet Lorraine's. Had the herb infused chicken with cornbread and grilled veggies. It was excellent...the portion was huge and made for a great second meal. My friend had the Lobster Mac & Cheese (with bacon). She said it was consistently delicious. As it was her birthday we shared the scottish cake with cream. I'll bet it gets ignored on the dessert tray because it is not as "pretty" in its presentation but it was AMAZING. We weren't in public one of us probably would have licked the plate. In addition the service was excellent...attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Always SolidJamesDined on 7/12/2014Very good food and service . I appreciated their coupon offers as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartyVIPDined on 7/5/2014Consistently good and creative food with friendly and efficient service.Special Features:
- greatshoresDined on 7/3/2014Very good..service excellent, food good especially the desserts. I have been going here for years. Parking available. Have used the upstairs for parties very nice and again wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colorful with lots of characterUsualSuspectDined on 6/29/2014Much larger than it appears from the outside, with a private party room and a 2nd floor of seating. Made our 1st visit for Sunday brunch. Diverse menu with some hearty dishes, but no Benedicts? We enjoyed a steak & eggs dish and the Havana Hash. Both were very good and we got out of there for about $50 before tip, even with a couple mimosas and a margarita on the bill.Special Features:
- Sweet Lorraine'sfrequentdinerjoDined on 6/28/2014Creative menu, energetic décor, competent wait staff. Food is excellent. One of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Always a home-runLetsimpressDined on 6/9/2014The ambiance is great here. It's visually very appealing. Our waiter was quick and efficient -- not chatty, which was perfect for a lunchtime scenario. Our party had quiche, chicken and shrimp and the beef tips salad. All winners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD FUN!!!FOODIE4MeVIPDined on 6/7/2014WoW - haven't been to a fun food place like this in a while - excellent meal-rosemary focaccia, loved the crab cakes, gazpacho soup-huge & delish, chicken Alfredo melts in your mouth, while Aztec corn was right amount of spicy flavor! Wait staff was attentive but not in your face. Atmosphere just jumps out at you-FUN!!!Special Features:
- proud mother of a gradproudgradDined on 6/7/2014My daughter selected Sweet Lorraine's for her graduation dinner. The food and atmosphere were great. Everyone in the party was completely satisfied with their meal, and the brownie dessert was fantastic. My only disappointment was with our waiter; he was not the best. He seemed rushed and didn't really tend to the table and our needs like I've experienced on previous visits. I would blame it on the restaurant being busy, but it wasn't. I still, however, give high marks for the food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterFab5Dined on 6/2/2014Food was served barely warm; wait staff could have been more attentive.
- Nice placeunderpantsDined on 5/31/2014Read some previous reviews complaining about long wait time and poor service; definitely didn't experience that on our visit. We were escorted to our seats immediately, our waitperson was with us soon after, service was very strong throughout. Food was good (though not outstanding), menu was extensive, wine list & drink list was great. Price was surprisingly modest (2 appy's, 2 entrees, drinks, after-dinner single-malt scotch & coffees all came in at less than $100.)Special Features:
- No reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014We booked through Open Reservation, but I could tell when we arrived that they did not have a reservation for us. One clue...they put us at a table for 2 when the reservation was 3, even after I told them one of our party was just parking the car....Restaurant handled it ok.
- day before Mother's dayMacsDined on 5/10/2014Because it was Mother's day weekend,the restaurant was packed and noisy.It has been much quieter in the past.All but three of my group are vegetarians of varying degree. Everyone found something on the menu but the real meat lover had some trouble finding something she wanted.She found something. When I arrived the only vacant table was the one I had reserved.As crowded as the restaurant was, The service was still excellent. The food was innovative and good. I had macaroni and cheese with shrimp.There were two other kinds on macaroni and cheese as well.If you asked for something,the waitress said,"Which kInd?" An excellent bread was served,soft with a crisp crust on the top.Reservations recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with cousinsSandyjkVIPDined on 5/9/2014We had out-of-town guests who were delighted with the daily specials. The meal was very tasty and Well presented and served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 325 reviews are from the Sweet Lorraine's - Southfield reviews archive.
- loved it againWadeDined on 5/3/2014Really enjoyed our food and service while there. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchjillian22Dined on 4/30/2014Always has great tasting food. A lot of healthy options.Special Features:
- Food can be betterPVUSASCDined on 4/27/2014I ordered the Cubano Burger that said comes with chorizo and queso blanco but i could not find them or taste them at all...meet flavor plain. The potatoe chips are very good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; Mediocre ServicepcprVIPDined on 4/27/2014Had 8 of us. Food was spot on, but i think waitress we had just wasn't on her A game. I have a level of expectation when going to a restaurant like Sweet Lorraine's. And when I have to ask for refills on drinks, no checking in for 10-15 minutes since drinks were brought, no update on food after about 20-25 minutes and having to ask for things that we asked for once already seems a bit too much to handle for one brunch service. So the lack of attention to the service, brought our overall experience down. But will return because food is so good.
- Fun dinnerGogreenDined on 4/26/2014We enjoyed a fun reunion with great food.. Great choices for a gathering of people with a variety of preferences. Nice wait staff and friendly manager. Awkward wait in narrow hallway as hostess sorts out open tables. Not sure why we made a reservation as it didn't seem to make a differenceSpecial Features:
- Untitled ReviewglasshunterDined on 4/26/2014We let ourselves down. Expecting something outstanding, our food was "just" very good. Probably should have tried items on the off-the-menu sheet, instead we opted for the stand-bys. Consensus was everything was fine--but we go there for the unusual and memorable. Waiter was great, just the right amount of interaction.Special Features:
- Worth the Loot!Like2EatDined on 4/25/2014The best food I've had in a long time. I would go there for the macaroni alone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch SpeacialSilverliningDined on 4/25/2014Food was good, service was good (even thought the server forgot to ask if I wanted to a beverage) - but overall a very good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Lorraine's Fair!!!jenteachermomVIPDined on 4/24/2014Food was wonderful! Service was very weak. Was disappointed last few times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late LunchEatingOutDined on 4/23/2014Food presentation great. Taste very good. Service not so much. Waiter took 10 minutes to arrive at our table, no introduction, no welcome. My guest order arrived wrong, waiter no where to be found. Host came to our table and corrected the problem. Waiter never returned to the table until it was time to drop off the check and take payment. Based on the food quality and taste, I would return. Based on our service experience, I would not return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 4/12/2014Arrived on time for our Open Table reservation made 3 days prior and they had NO record of our reservation! Our waiter was completely disengaged! He spent NO time at our table and always seemed distracted. Never tried to engage. Food was ok, but not memorable in any way, other than we both said we wouldn't order what we had again. Over all quite a disappointment. They had better get a handle on their Open Table reservations! If they are going to offer that for their restaurant, then they should actually be checking them on a regular basis and putting them in their reservation book! Not only did they NOT have ours down, but when we were leaving they also didn't have another couples' either! Who knows how many others they missed that evening!
- Nice placeJg129Dined on 4/11/2014This is the 2nd time we've chosen Sweet Lorraine's when guests visit from out of town. It's a comfortable place, it's nearby and the menu has something for everyone whether it's food, drinks or dessert. Not overly crowded but comfortably full with a nice mix of younger, older and racially mixed crowd. Very comfortable and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- when we arrived at SL we werebgbgDined on 4/6/2014when we arrived at SL we were told that there would be a 20 minute wait. we told the hostess what was the point of making a reservation if all it resulted in was putting us on there list of waiting customers who called in before going to the restaurant? the hostess finally agreed to seat us in the side room and service was slow. when we arrived home I chk the opentable confirmation. it said something to the effect that "we would be put at the top of there list". In effect making the "reservation" on OT is the same as making a phone call. SL shouldn't be using OT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday.....MonieDined on 4/5/2014The experience was overall very good! The only factor that shed a negative light on S.L. would be the wait time for a server to greet us after we were seated.( over12 minutes).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night at SLCDebraDined on 3/29/2014Great food, lots of families dining at 8pm on a Saturday night but I just got reminded that there is a kids party place next door and they most likely came over after a party. Our server really tried hard but seems a little stretched on her table responsibilities. They need an extra person upstairs to help out with the just the little things like more sauce, butter or just any request to make your dinner complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tantalizing MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014Sweet Lorraine's starts your meal out with a fantastic bread and dipping sauce. Their menu offers a wide array of drinks along with food choices that are interesting and often out of the ordinary. It's a great place to enjoy a meal in a fun and lively atmosphere with friendly attentive wait staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service in MI, Excellent FoodAngelikaVIPDined on 3/27/2014We were floored by the exceptional service from all of the servers, including the lovely girl that was filling up our water, and the manager. They were exceptionally nice, funny, accommodating and provided superior service. They all had dynamic personalities. The food was also very tasty! My mom LOVED her ahi tuna salad and I had a tasty crab sandwich. I would highly recommend Sweet Lorraine's. The desserts looked decadent! You'll love the food and the service! Definitely a neighborhood gem!Special Features: