Sweet Lorraine's - Southfield
29101 Greenfield Rd
Southfield, MI 48076Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sweet Lorraine's - Southfield
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sweetlorraines.com/
- Phone: (248) 559-5985
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Keith Vertz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sweet Lorraine's specializes in Private dining - What ever the occasion.
We are flattered by your inquiry of our private dining facilities! Together we can create a memorable event of exciting cuisine, quality service, and a truly unique style.
- Private Party Contact: Dining Room Manager 2485595985
A word from Sweet Lorraine's - Southfield
Sweet Lorraine's offers a selection of daily specials, including homemade soups, pastas, seafood and vegetarian entrees - inspired by exciting ethnic cuisines. Favorites include Pecan Chicken, Maple-Cured Norwegian Salmon, Chicken & Shrimp Creole, Certified Angus Steaks, Hot Yellowfin Tuna Nicoise Salad, as well as a wide selection of fresh-baked desserts including Apple Brown Betty. Our wine list has received Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence" (1994-2010) with a list of over 100 selections and over 25 wines by the glass; dozens of imported beers and spirits.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Sweet Lorraine's - Southfield - Best Restaurants in Southfield ›
Sweet Lorraine's - Southfield reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (35)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (17)good for groups (17)special occasion (14)notable wine list (10)romantic (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Quality food and serviceBkywormDined on 11/11/2014Our server allowed us time to chat and review the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationGoodFam1Dined on 11/2/2014Our family celebrated my son's 31st Birthday at Sweet Lorraine's Southfield location; wife, two adult kids and our 4-year-old grandson. He was skillfully helped into his booster seat by the waitress. She was thorough and attentive, particularly to the birthday boy. The table size was perfect. Vegetarian food was enjoyed by my adult daughter. My son had a steak cooked to the correct "doneness." The good food and service really enhanced my enjoyment of a "night out" meal with the immediate family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but packed togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014The tables seem almost on top of each other, but it was nice otherwise. Not cheap either.Special Features:
- Not for gluten free folksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The GF menu is confusing and incomplete. it says what must be eliminated from a dish, but offers no substitutions. Delete the rice pilaf. OK. What will you substitute to make the dish equally appealing? The server had no idea what to suggest. The chef should have given this some thought. And since when does rice pilaf have to have gluten in it? It doesn't. Not if it is made well from natural, minimally processed ingredients. The whole thing was amateurish. We ordered salads w/o breaded fried onions. They came piled high with the offending onions and had to be sent back. We won't go again until we know you have given some thought to GF options that meet your otherwise fine standards.
- TimeBeniDined on 11/1/2014It has been over 15 years since I visited the Southfield location. I forgot how cozy and personal it could be. My Turkey sandwich was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Very warm ambience, interesting "good for all" menu selection, kind attentive service, nice platings. One dish (the 3 hummus choice) was not a particularly successful dish for the 4 of us. Overall we really liked it and will come back.Special Features:
- Evening witih friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We met friends here and enjoyed dinner while catching up. Thank goodness we had made reservations on line because it was crowded. We only had to wait a few minutes. The menu is not the usual offerings. Lots of interesting things to try. Everything was good. Our server was attentive but not hovering. We plan to meet our friends there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodbogichgDined on 10/25/2014Meal was very good....shrimp bruschetta appetizer, followed by Tilapia which was also quite good. The only knock was my 6:00 reservations (made on Open Table) didn't get me a seat until about 6:40....it defeats the purpose of a reservation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014Sweet Lorraine's has been a family and friend favorite for many years. The quality of the food and the continued creativity is appreciated by us ,so, we continue to dine at Sweet Lorraine's in Southfield. Our children(now grown) and their children(now grown) love this place and introduce it to those who are new to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFoodloverDined on 10/23/2014The food here is really good and creative. The focacia that is served before dinner is just the right texture and the tomato dipping sauce that is served with it is the perfect complement. My pecan chicken is always good, but it was exceptional this time. My only complaint is that it is usually too noisy for my taste and nearby voices seem to be amplified. It's a great place for delicious food, but not so great for a quiet conversation.Special Features:
- Best eclectic menu in the areaLivelyYogiVIPDined on 10/21/2014Great fresh and creative preparations with tons of flavor. Always a few creative vegetarian offerings. Desserts are great, best Apple Brown Betty around.Special Features:
- Great Findsak811VIPDined on 10/19/2014A great find. Great for local place. Food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014I'd been to Sweet Lorraine's many times for lunch or dinner but had never tried brunch, until recently. The same great quality that goes into their other meals is present at brunch. There were so many good choices on the brunch menu that I have to go back and try the others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Sweet Lorraine'sAdieDined on 10/8/2014I had a lovely lunch with my sisters the other day at Sweet Lorraine's. As always the food was great and the service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favorite find in metro DetroitKatesDined on 10/2/2014My partner and I were introduced to Sweet Lorraine's by some friends and have been hooked ever since. We love the fresh, local ingredients and the weekly specials that are always so tempting--we hardly order from the regular menu! Even weekly special drinks and desserts draw us in two or three times a month, as we are always curious what the chefs have come up with. Great place to take friends who are from out-of-town, it's always a hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsopinionatedDined on 9/13/2014The food is always very good. My favorite is the pecan coated chicken with mustard sauce. The Sweet Lorraine's salad is also a plus. Only negative is that the red wine served by the glass is served in the same glass as the white, which isn't idealSpecial Features:
- A very pleasant surprise!TheWorldAwaitsVIPDined on 9/6/2014First time at the restaurant and it was an excellent experience. Presentation was excellent. Service was impeccable., Nish our server was right on top of things. She made awesome recommendation and they were spot on. Definitely would return again to experience other menu items. Nish is a great server, witty, proud, and very professional. Can't think of anything negative to say about this dinning experience.Special Features:
- Excellent valuepleasureDined on 8/31/2014House appetizer: focaccia bread served warm with seasoned dip tasted like it was fresh out of the oven Tomato soup with seasoned croutons was delicious Monte Carlo salads with chicken tasted freshly made. Waitress was delightfully friendly and gave prompt, attentive service Ice tea was replenished frequently Plus, we had a coupon ($14.00 value) that covered the cost of the tip. (Buy one entree, get one free)Special Features:
- Awesome MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014And if you provide your email address, you'll get great coupons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vegetarian food!DinerDined on 8/23/2014Lots of vegetarian options. Excellent food. A far different menu than the Sweet Lorraine's in Livonia. I was disappointed in my experience in Livonia, but I would come back to Southfield any time! We have been there twice in the past month and would go there more often if they were closer to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it everytimeWadeDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant is just fantastic. We return there as often as we can. The service and especially the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!jaxlawyerDined on 8/16/2014I try to make a trip there whenever I'm visiting Detroit.Special Features:
- GaryVIPDined on 8/12/2014I was visiting Southfield on business and found this place. I will go there again as the reader of this note should. Everything about the food was done very well - flavor, presentation, temperature. The service was top notch also. My only comment is a petty one. For the quality of food, I would have expected a classier ambiance. Lorraine's has been around for many years, so apparently ambiance is not important to the many customers. But, do not miss this place.Special Features:
- great but not fine diningaessenDined on 8/10/2014I really liked this restaurant but I did not feel that it was a fine dining restaurant. However it was priced that way. The food was ok but not fine dining quality. The service was good but not fine dining quality. Would I dine here in the future, only if prices change to represent the restaurant.Special Features:
- Pricier than anticipatedOoberFFDined on 8/9/2014The food was good. Great variety. Prices not really justified though. Good kids menu.Special Features:
- terrific neighborhood diningMartyVIPDined on 8/3/2014We always have a delicious and creative dining experience with good value.Special Features:
- The following 340 reviews are from the Sweet Lorraine's - Southfield reviews archive.
- shoresshoresDined on 7/27/2014Very good ..brunch was excellent. Lots of food..reserved table for 6 and was ready when we all arrived- waitress was always around to give us the best service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jancjancDined on 7/16/2014Another great meal at Sweet Lorraine's. Had the herb infused chicken with cornbread and grilled veggies. It was excellent...the portion was huge and made for a great second meal. My friend had the Lobster Mac & Cheese (with bacon). She said it was consistently delicious. As it was her birthday we shared the scottish cake with cream. I'll bet it gets ignored on the dessert tray because it is not as "pretty" in its presentation but it was AMAZING. We weren't in public one of us probably would have licked the plate. In addition the service was excellent...attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Always SolidJamesDined on 7/12/2014Very good food and service . I appreciated their coupon offers as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartyVIPDined on 7/5/2014Consistently good and creative food with friendly and efficient service.Special Features:
- greatshoresDined on 7/3/2014Very good..service excellent, food good especially the desserts. I have been going here for years. Parking available. Have used the upstairs for parties very nice and again wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colorful with lots of characterUsualSuspectDined on 6/29/2014Much larger than it appears from the outside, with a private party room and a 2nd floor of seating. Made our 1st visit for Sunday brunch. Diverse menu with some hearty dishes, but no Benedicts? We enjoyed a steak & eggs dish and the Havana Hash. Both were very good and we got out of there for about $50 before tip, even with a couple mimosas and a margarita on the bill.Special Features:
- Sweet Lorraine'sfrequentdinerjoDined on 6/28/2014Creative menu, energetic décor, competent wait staff. Food is excellent. One of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Always a home-runLetsimpressDined on 6/9/2014The ambiance is great here. It's visually very appealing. Our waiter was quick and efficient -- not chatty, which was perfect for a lunchtime scenario. Our party had quiche, chicken and shrimp and the beef tips salad. All winners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD FUN!!!FOODIE4MeVIPDined on 6/7/2014WoW - haven't been to a fun food place like this in a while - excellent meal-rosemary focaccia, loved the crab cakes, gazpacho soup-huge & delish, chicken Alfredo melts in your mouth, while Aztec corn was right amount of spicy flavor! Wait staff was attentive but not in your face. Atmosphere just jumps out at you-FUN!!!Special Features:
- proud mother of a gradproudgradDined on 6/7/2014My daughter selected Sweet Lorraine's for her graduation dinner. The food and atmosphere were great. Everyone in the party was completely satisfied with their meal, and the brownie dessert was fantastic. My only disappointment was with our waiter; he was not the best. He seemed rushed and didn't really tend to the table and our needs like I've experienced on previous visits. I would blame it on the restaurant being busy, but it wasn't. I still, however, give high marks for the food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterFab5VIPDined on 6/2/2014Food was served barely warm; wait staff could have been more attentive.
- Nice placeunderpantsDined on 5/31/2014Read some previous reviews complaining about long wait time and poor service; definitely didn't experience that on our visit. We were escorted to our seats immediately, our waitperson was with us soon after, service was very strong throughout. Food was good (though not outstanding), menu was extensive, wine list & drink list was great. Price was surprisingly modest (2 appy's, 2 entrees, drinks, after-dinner single-malt scotch & coffees all came in at less than $100.)Special Features:
- No reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014We booked through Open Reservation, but I could tell when we arrived that they did not have a reservation for us. One clue...they put us at a table for 2 when the reservation was 3, even after I told them one of our party was just parking the car....Restaurant handled it ok.
- day before Mother's dayMacsDined on 5/10/2014Because it was Mother's day weekend,the restaurant was packed and noisy.It has been much quieter in the past.All but three of my group are vegetarians of varying degree. Everyone found something on the menu but the real meat lover had some trouble finding something she wanted.She found something. When I arrived the only vacant table was the one I had reserved.As crowded as the restaurant was, The service was still excellent. The food was innovative and good. I had macaroni and cheese with shrimp.There were two other kinds on macaroni and cheese as well.If you asked for something,the waitress said,"Which kInd?" An excellent bread was served,soft with a crisp crust on the top.Reservations recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.