Sweet Grass Grill
24 Main Street
Tarrytown, NY 10591Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sweet Grass Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sweetgrassgrill.com/
- Phone: 9146310000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - close; Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - close; Brunch Saturday and Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Executive Chef: Chefs Michael Bianco and Brandon Alvarez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full service catering. Please contact us for menus and a consultation with our chef.
- Private Party Facilities: Special arrangements can be made for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: David Starkey 9146310000
A word from Sweet Grass Grill
A casual restaurant serving local and seasonal food. With relationships with about a half dozen local farms, the menu at Sweet Grass Grill varies week to week depending on the daily harvests. Expect seasonal soups and salads and a changing roster of entrees like their signature baby roast chicken and the freshest sustainably-raised fish. The bar, carved out of a single fallen oak tree from the Rockefeller Preserves, features a great cocktail menu, micro brews on draft and bottle, and many wines by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sweet Grass Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (68)fit for foodies (57)great for lunch (37)great for brunch (31)great for outdoor dining (25)kid-friendly (15)special occasion (14)good for groups (13)romantic (11)hot spot (7)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Vegan OptionsveganqueenDined on 8/25/2014I am vegan and I love this place. They have a few vegan appetizers, salads, entrees, and desserts. And on top of that there are many vegan possible items and they are well marked on the menu. All the food is fresh and tasty. Also love that they have both sustainable and organic wines to choose from. I would recommend it to vegans and non vegans alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls DinnerFranDined on 8/25/2014Our dinner was excellent. It's nice to have local harvest items featured on the menu. The atmosphere is very vibrant. Our server was very nice. I will come back especially before a show at the Music Hall!Special Features:
- what happened to the service?caltiedDined on 8/24/2014I have been to this restaurant several times, and this last time was not the best experience … service was a little haphazard, and it was a little crazy with the bus boys seemingly breaking dishes and glasses every 5 minutes … the food is still fantastic, but I will hesitate to come again for brunch as the ambience was not an enjoyable one ...
- Love Sweetgrass!SamsonDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful anniversary dinner here. Everything was so fresh and delicious. The vegan chocolate mousse is out of this world!Special Features:
- Great dinnerroseeDined on 8/21/2014Menu is fresh, local, organic and creative. Nice wine and drink list and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique, freah and deliciousAnneDined on 8/19/2014Our first time here and we loved it. Farm to table, lots of veggie dishes but something for everyone. Wonderful staff - very helpful (we needed a wheelchair ramp and they had a portable one that worked perfectly). I don't live near but if I did, I'd be thrilled to have found this gem. Already recommended it to some friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great simple fareKJS1404Dined on 8/6/2014I have eaten at this restaurant several times this year. Very attentive service. Menu is simple, but of high quality. The combinations of offerings including a salad or appetizer and entree make a satisfying and rich meal. Food was prepared, cooked and presented very well. Ambiance is tasteful and cozy. I would recommend this restaurant to people who enjoy and tasteful, relaxing setting serving high quality food.Special Features:
- Great little RestaurantJo74Dined on 8/4/2014Great Farm to Table restaurant in Tarrytown. It's worth a visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time HereOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/3/2014Husband and I took two elderly relatives out for drive and meal. We all thoroughly enjoyed our food which was fresh and delicious. We made it a point to arrive at the earliest dinner time (5 pm), as it gets noisier as the restaurant fills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was great- garlic zucchini soupLPnJTDined on 7/31/2014we love this place. and they never disappoint! we always try to get there when menus change!Special Features:
- Poor Service Good FoodMooseVIPDined on 7/29/2014The service was terrible. Our waitress disappeared for long periods of time. We were given no bread. When we finally flagged down our waitress she said they had run out of bread. Yet, other tables were still receiving bread. The food once it arrived was pretty good. My burger was done correctly (which doesn't happen often). The restaurant was too noisy for me.Special Features:
- BillDined on 7/25/2014Incredible food. You must try this place. It blew me away. I really wasn't expecting anything special which made the experience that much more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Indoor lunchluv2eatVIPDined on 7/24/2014Ordered a burger medium cooked with mushrooms, caramelized onions and melted cheddar, it came out well done. Still tasted good but not great. Goat cheese dressing, beet salad was, dressing had little taste of the goat cheese. It tasted ok but nothing special. Sweet and sour grilled calamari tasted pre cooked and not very good. Not so bad to send back but will never order that dish again. Vegan chocolate mousse was again amazing since they reformulated the recipe. Dinners here have been a far better experience.Special Features:
- Good Healthy FoodDineoutDined on 7/21/2014As the title says. Food was fresh and healthy and gluten free. Suggestion would be to have a more desserts that are gluten-free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJennyDined on 7/18/2014I had been to Sweet Grass once before and enjoyed it, so I took my cousins there to let them enjoy it as well. We were all disappointed. The food tasted bland. It definitely was not as good as my first experience there.
- Tarrytown FreshStringsriderVIPDined on 7/18/2014Excellent food, friendly service, fresh and local ingredients. Always a great experience.Special Features:
- Consistently good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014The best veggie burger I have had, tasty, hearty and made there. We were 4 in our party, everyone enjoyed their dinner. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- HeatherVIPDined on 7/12/2014What a great evening! The food was fabulous. The service was great, attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:
- YummyHappyEaterDined on 7/6/2014And a great place for vegetarian and foodie friends.Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchRoseDined on 7/6/2014made a last minute reservation for Sunday Brunch on 4th of July weekend...it was empty when we came in, but in 15 minutes it filled up! Food was GREAT, served quickly. All very fresh and delicious, at a reasonable price...can't be that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JTownVIPDined on 7/2/2014Interesting menu. Good for vegetarians and nonvegetarians alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dishes with exquisite taste!krystinalynneDined on 6/27/2014This is a local "neighborhood gem." I love the variety and uniqueness of the menu. I also like how the dishes are creative and prepared with farm fresh ingredients. You feel like you're eating a tasty, quality meal. Oh, and the decor makes the whole dining experience homey and comfortable. Nice to sit outside for lunch with a friend on a beautiful summer day!Special Features:
- LunchAllegraDined on 6/26/2014Went for lunch on a Thursday. We were the only ones there at first. Our waitress was friendly but seemed to be new and had to revise information or confirm it with another woman who stayed behind the bar and stated corrections so that we could hear. Awkward and discourteous. We had chicken sandwiches which were nicely prepared and delicious. The sandwiches were served with fries which were cold and looked processed.
- heykiddVIPDined on 6/24/2014The food was great - will go again - great restaurantSpecial Features:
- SweetgrasscherobrienVIPDined on 6/23/2014Found this restaurant in Open Table. As usual we were not disappointed. The food was very very good. Fresh, local and cooked perfectly. We were passing through this area so we wouldn't go there regularly, but if we lived there, we would go there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYSAVDined on 6/23/2014salads were fresh and tastily prepared while soup was moderately spiced and a bit bland. Dessert was a day old and not very flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014Good options for vegetarians/vegans. Nice atmosphere (other than the distracting TV). Our server was knowledgable and friendly. Would like to try Sweet Grass for dinner, not just brunch.Special Features:
- Not as good as the first timeKnowsgoodfood1Dined on 6/21/2014First of all, the bartender needs to smile. He seemed very knowledgeable, but even though the place was not overly busy, he seemed too busy to make any kind of small talk with his customers. As far as food is concerned, While we loved the mussels, we did not eat or care for the calamari at all and were still charged for it. We also loved the cheese platter, but the avocado/edamame bruschetta just tasted like a lot of avocados and nothing else. We also did not like or eat the chocolate mousse. It was sooooo bitter.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 6/20/2014Great place for vegans. Excellent vegan options. But the woman at the table next to ours was thoroughly enjoying her pork osso bucco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningBethRoseDined on 6/15/2014We had a bit of a wait for a table even with a reservation, but we were able to wait outside on a very pleasant day and didn't mind. Our waitress was outstanding and attentive, as were other restaurant staff we dealt with except for a rather glum busboy. We were there for brunch. It was our first visit. The portions were sufficient. I had fresh beet juice with ginger and apple which was very good as well as soup and salad and a side of their veggie hash which was great. I certainly appreciated the fresh farm to table food at reasonable prices. We are definitely looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- Wonderful Date Night SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014My husband and I had a lovely dinner at the Sweet Grass Grill. We started with the flatbread appetizer and I got the wild mushroom/smoked tofu pasta, which had been recommended by our waitress, and it was outstanding. Much lighter that I would have anticipated and even though I had fully intended to bring half of it home, I ate the whole thing. My husband had the pork chops which were on special and loved them. We both had Sangria (which was okay - I'ld probably not order it again). Our waitress was fantastic from start to finish and the meals came out perfectly timed and fresh. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2014Great food, excellent service and wonderful atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenient and deliciousTheaterdiningDined on 6/14/2014Directly across the street from the Tarrytown Music Hall, this is a great option. Varied menu, attentive staff, and convenient location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happysnowbunnyDined on 6/12/2014I made reservations for my husband and I's 3rd year wedding anniversary. We arrived early, but we're seated at a table specially reserved for us. The food was great, the service was prompt and friendly, and the drinks werevspot on. We were both very pleased with the restaurant for our first visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise in TarrytownHamletFoodieDined on 6/6/2014Our 22nd anniversary and wanted good food in a casual setting with professional staff. Started with cucumber Martinis, excellent. Shared a great kale salad with a truffle dressing; main courses had sweet potato burger and Thai flavored mussels, appreciated both would recommend for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but really noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Excellent Scottish salmon, good wines. Service a bit slow but good. Overwhelming noise- so loud that I couldn't hear others speak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food fast serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We arrived on a Saturday evening at 7:00pm and we were out of there before 7:45! The food was delicious although the burger which was done to perfection was a little dry (assuming they don't add any fat to the mix to keep it moister). I didn't even finish my beer or my wife her glass of wine. The food is expensive as you have come to expect for a "farm to table" type of place. It is prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- Great little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/31/2014Ate here for second time - great farm to table food, relatively reasonable. Looking forward to trying all the vegetarian things on menu.Special Features:
- Small But Complete MenuMiaMama10Dined on 5/28/2014Although the menu is small it has wonderful choices for all types of diets, vegan, vegetarian and carnivores. I especially love their carrot-ginger soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/25/2014My husband and I rarely find a restaurant that allows us both to be satiated by food because we prefer very different things. My husband was thrilled by his grass fed burger and I was happy as a clam with my Hippy Vegan Dog. Great food and wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.