Sweet Grass Grill
24 Main Street
Tarrytown, NY 10591Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sweet Grass Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sweetgrassgrill.com/
- Phone: (914) 631-0000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - close; Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - close; Brunch Saturday and Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Executive Chef: Chefs Michael Bianco and Brandon Alvarez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full service catering. Please contact us for menus and a consultation with our chef.
- Private Party Facilities: Special arrangements can be made for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: David Starkey 9146310000
A word from Sweet Grass Grill
A casual restaurant serving local and seasonal food. With relationships with about a half dozen local farms, the menu at Sweet Grass Grill varies week to week depending on the daily harvests. Expect seasonal soups and salads and a changing roster of entrees like their signature baby roast chicken and the freshest sustainably-raised fish. The bar, carved out of a single fallen oak tree from the Rockefeller Preserves, features a great cocktail menu, micro brews on draft and bottle, and many wines by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sweet Grass Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (100)fit for foodies (89)great for brunch (39)great for lunch (39)good for groups (26)hot spot (24)kid-friendly (23)great for outdoor dining (21)romantic (16)special occasion (16)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great vegan options.xgirlDined on 11/23/2014We stumbled on Sweet Grass Grill a few months ago and really enjoyed our meal. We went back for a casual birthday celebration just recently had another great experience. The menu is diverse and includes plenty of (plainly-marked) vegan options - which is always a bonus for us. The setting of Main Street in Tarrytown is lovely and I wish we lived closer to this place so we could go there more often. It can be a bit noisy during the rush so if you're looking for quiet, this may not be the place for you - otherwise, I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I could eat everyday!TriciaKDined on 11/22/2014The food is fantastic. Excellent ingredients, creative menu, healthy, delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday MealMikeGDined on 11/22/2014We had dinner at the Sweet Grass on Saturday, Nov. 22nd. for a family birthday celebration. The food was very good, as was the service. I would definitely recommend it to a friend. The Bread Pudding was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We were meeting with old friends & made a reservation for Sat. night. When we got there, the only table available was next to the very active bar & close to the entrance so that each time the door was opened, we got a cold breeze. I expressed my disappointment & the manager said that as soon as another party of 4 leaves, he would move us to that table, food & all. True to his word, this was done........graciously & with a smile. It turned out that the 1st table wasn't as bad as we thought it would be, but we moved anyway. The food was wonderful, the staff was wonderful & we had a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always amazingNickDined on 11/22/2014I love Sweet Grass Grill the food is always outstanding. They have a wonderful brunch that we attend every weekend. The carb cake benedict is my personal favorite! This place is a great find with even better prices!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJohnDined on 11/21/2014Food was fantastic (Organic) even with me being Gluten Free and my wife Dairy free they were very accommodating. Ambiance was great, I would suggest to make reservations the restaurant got crowded quick but not loud and noisy you are able to carry on a conversation without shouting. Staff was very attentive to our needs at all time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a wonderful menu and the food was superb.flydvr77Dined on 11/9/2014I am a vegetarian, and am accustomed to only having one or two options. Not only was the menu varied and creative, but there were options that are healthy, delicious and ample for all of us (my friends are carnivores, btw). the atmosphere was cheery, warm, service was splendid, and we had a great time, connecting with friends we had not seen in some time. Highly recommend as Tarrytown is a very cool village. I have also had dinner during weeknights, and recall a mushroom soup that was absolutely divine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrequentDiningOutVIPDined on 11/8/2014Everything was very good, way above average. Salads in particular were excellent.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2014We were in the area on a college trip and needed a restaurant to suit the needs of a vegan and an 11 year old. This was perfect. Food and service were amazing.Special Features:
- WuaiMarieDined on 11/2/2014Sweetgrass is a quaint restaurant. It was a pleasant surprise. The food was very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We were a mixed group of vegan and meat eaters. Everyone found something to please them on the menu. Food was fresh and nicely presented. Wait staff was very polite and accommodating.Special Features:
- Good food, decent service, bad hostOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014First of all, the food is very good. We arrived about 1.5 hours early and were turned away with open tables (three) available. No big deal. We returned 1.5 hours later and were seated in the middle of the restaurant. Once seated both the chairs of our table for two were in the lane of traffic. I suggested to the host it would be easier if we turned the thin, but long table sideways to remove our chairs from the patron/waiter lane of traffic. Oddly, the host said "no". Thus, we spent the next 1.5 hours being bumped in the back EVERY time a waiter or patron walked passed. Food 4-Stars, Service Waitress 3-Stars, Host 0-Stars.
- Tarrytown Main Street RestaurantpickyeaterDined on 10/29/2014Before going to Tarrytown Music Hall for a concert, we had dinner at Sweet Grass Grill. The service was very attentive and good. The menu had some appealing and interesting offerings and the restaurant has a nice homey ambience. We all enjoyed our meals--two of us had day boat scallops and one had the pasta with truffle and mushrooms. The food was delicious but a little heavy on cream and carbs. I would have liked more veg than cous cous with my scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tarrytown FavoritesalaminawoodsDined on 10/26/2014Excellent locally procured and very fresh food. Casual but nicely decorated restaurant. Delicious and healthy options alongside equally delicious burgers and various takes on burgers. Excellent place to eat before/after attending an event at Tarrytown Music Hall across the street. It's our 'go to' favorite in Tarrytown.Special Features:
- Best in TownMariaIDined on 10/25/2014Meat eaters and vegans can be happy here. the food is creative, local, fresh, sometimes organic. Just a great reliable place.Special Features:
- Excellent BrunchOngmlDined on 10/25/2014The restaurant is a popular place for lunch. My wife and I went for a walk and tried to appreciate the ambience of Halloween in this famous town, and decided to try this local favorite. The waitress and waiters were very nice and nice and knowledgeable on their menu. We enjoyed the food and the cosy ambience. Will recommend to others to try this local gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy, Delicious and AwesomeFoodieDined on 10/24/2014This was my first time at Sweet Grass Grill and I can't say one bad thing. My husband and I started off with the mussels which were perfection. I had the tofu cavatelli. First off, its so hard to go a place that can cook tofu right and this is by far the BEST place I had tofu. My husband got the salmon which was really good. We ended with the vegan chocolate moose which was the perfect light sweet spot. We also had wine and a local beer. The price and atmosphere is right with good food. What else could you want?Special Features:
- Delightful!AnnieDined on 10/24/2014Hard to decide choices for vegans and non vegans! Hooray for that! Kale, quinoa and sweet potato burger just a perfect combination and texture. Our party of six enjoyed everything!Special Features:
- Pre theatre DinnercabellDined on 10/23/2014had fun meal here before concert at Tarrytown Music Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steveVIPDined on 10/23/2014Very solid in all respects. Menu has become a bit restricted, but we found things that were quite good.Special Features:
- they are just greatLPnJTDined on 10/22/2014we celebrated my lady's new job, and they wrote "congrats" on the dessert plate like I had requested before hand. Overall great experience like usual. The food is consistently great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality foodnisconDined on 10/22/2014Interesting and varied choices with great vegetarian optionsSpecial Features:
- Unbelievable Food!TravelNDineDined on 10/18/2014We were in town visiting on a Saturday night and had an amazing experience there. Many of the menu items are vegan (despite not being a vegan restaurant) which was a great touch for someone who is lactose intolerant like myself. I had the honey glazed chicken for my meal and have to say that it was one of the best dishes I have ever had. As someone who frequently tries great restaurants in many cities in the northeast, Sweet Grass Grill was among the best I have visited and for an amazing price (under $20 per person).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ? What happened?MaryBakesCakesnPiesDined on 10/18/2014Usually food is pretty good....this time salmon was dry and the specialty salad was extremely hard and chewy, tasted like end of season kale.Special Features:
- Never disappointedMarieMDined on 10/17/2014We love Sweet Grass Grill. Each time we have been there the food choices and the service do not disappoint. Try the pumpkin martini it's amazing as is the Butternut squash soup. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best vegan foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The menu is chock full of vegan options, and the kitchen can make a lot of then gluten free as well. The shepherd's pie was awesome! The butternut squash soup had so much flavor, and the avocado bruschetta on gluten free bread was amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner, small spacesjeaterDined on 10/17/2014Cute little restaurant on Main Street in Tarrytown. We got sat next to the front window, so that was nice, being able to look out at passersby. We were there on vacation, so it was fun looking out at all of the activity… they were having a Fall Festival while we were there. Food was good, nothing special, but certainly a nice experience.Special Features:
- WowannieDined on 10/17/2014Finally made it for dinner . Got there at 5 and by 5:15 it was packed! Strongly recommend a reservation . So many vegan possibilities. We ordered a bunch and shared them. Can't wait to go back. WAitress was amazing .food was delicious .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful!Going2eatathomeDined on 10/16/2014Waited 15 minutes for the server, when our food finally came out we only had 15 minutes to eat before going to 8:00 show. We literally took one bite of our meal, and I was wondering why I couldn't bite through my cheese burger. They had left the wrapper on the cheese! It was very unappetizing! Had words the staff, they were going comp my meal but not the other (which also had not been eaten) after we said we should call the health department, the manager said to leave and not come back! Not a problem, we were not going to go back!
- Charming little neighborhood placeKarenlc5VIPDined on 10/13/2014Sweet Grass has a cozy atmosphere on the main street of Tarrytown, and an interesting menu. We wanted to get the Vegetarian Wellington, but it wasn't on the menu this week when we got there, and our waiter, who looked clueless when we questioned him about it, couldn't even tell us if it was ever on the menu. So, we ordered a similar dish, veggies wrapped in phyllo, which, while tasty, had too much of one veggie in it...it was sweet potato/carrot? and little else. However, the salmon entree was perfectly cooked, and delicious. The kale side was also good on both entrees. All staff were very nice; our particular waiter just had zero personality and never smiled or showed any enthusiasm for the food.Special Features:
- Great for VegitariansphillypieVIPDined on 10/12/2014The food is quite delicious, however, I had the scallops and cous cous and the portion was pretty small. There were only three scallops served on a bed of cous cous with no sides. I was still hungry. There are many choices for vegetarians and the food is fresh and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatstimpy798VIPDined on 10/12/2014I've been to dinner here numerous times over the past few years and am always impressed by the friendly service, moderate prices and wonderfully fresh and innovative cuisine. Last night was no exception. Keep it up! I'll surely be back.Special Features:
- Good Food but Abysmal ServiceMary30VIPDined on 10/12/2014Food took forever and people who arrived long after we did were served first. We wondered if our waiter had forgotten to put our order in but couldn't figure out what the problem was since he was actively avoiding us. We never even got water, which we had requested and our waiter never checked on us once the food was served. I finally asked a bus person if hot sauce were available to which he resplied "I'll check"...Guess he's still looking. We will not return.
- BronxvilleDined on 10/12/2014We made a reservation for brunch on a Sunday at noon- the restaurant seemed fairly busy and they seemed to be dealing with it. The only complaint we had was the food was very s l o w in coming. We waited over an hour for EGGS!!!!!! Because of the time wait I don't believe we'll be back unless we plan on spending all day there.Special Features:
- Good food but....FeedmeDined on 10/12/2014We were a group of 6 with a reservation for 10a for Sunday brunch. We were the 2nd table seated yet it took almost 15 minutes to get our drinks. The waitress told me they were sitting on the bar. That's the last thing I wanted to hear. It seemed like our waitress was also the hostess and I felt like we weren't a priority. She was very pleasant but perhaps needs more training or a hostess on duty. Everyone liked their food but half of mine arrived cold. I really enjoyed the Tofu Scramble but the potatoes were cold. Was it sitting on the bar too?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annieDined on 10/11/2014I love this place! Casual yet classy. I have only been there for lunch/brunch, would like to get there for dinner. Since I am vegan, there are many options. Staff is very attentive and friendly, went above and beyond to accomodate my 85 year old mother.Special Features:
- Great Find!ChrisVIPDined on 10/10/2014We were in town for the Jack O Lantern Blaze and wanted a nice dinner to celebrate my husband's birthday. The Sweet Grass Grill was a perfect choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian/Vegan dreamJennyjenDined on 10/8/2014Absolutely love this place. Food outstanding. A rare find for Vegans with wonderful variety of selection like their Shepherds Pie and Root Vegetable Strata in phyllo dough. Seasonal cocktails were great. Service is attentive not obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dog-Friendly DiningKainnaVIPDined on 10/6/2014Super fresh ingredients, beautiful food. Excellent for outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014I made reservations here because we were going to the "Blaze" event 20 mins away. What a great find, we weren't expecting the food to be that great and we really liked the vibe of the place. The wait staff and bus boys were friendly and I would definitely return if I ever found myself in that area again.Special Features: