Sweet Grass Grill
24 Main Street
Tarrytown, NY 10591Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sweet Grass Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sweetgrassgrill.com/
- Phone: 9146310000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - close; Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - close; Brunch Saturday and Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Executive Chef: Chefs Michael Bianco and Brandon Alvarez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full service catering. Please contact us for menus and a consultation with our chef.
- Private Party Facilities: Special arrangements can be made for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: David Starkey 9146310000
A word from Sweet Grass Grill
A casual restaurant serving local and seasonal food. With relationships with about a half dozen local farms, the menu at Sweet Grass Grill varies week to week depending on the daily harvests. Expect seasonal soups and salads and a changing roster of entrees like their signature baby roast chicken and the freshest sustainably-raised fish. The bar, carved out of a single fallen oak tree from the Rockefeller Preserves, features a great cocktail menu, micro brews on draft and bottle, and many wines by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sweet Grass Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (70)fit for foodies (56)great for lunch (36)great for brunch (29)great for outdoor dining (23)special occasion (17)good for groups (16)kid-friendly (14)romantic (9)hot spot (6)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- sosoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014It was ok, staff nice but not well versed in the menu. Black bean burger, had 5 black beans in it, what the orange mush was wasn't clear. Sides were forgotten. i was there for convenience and company. I wouldn't go back for food
- Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/19/2014The food was amazing and the service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expected this timeJC11devDined on 9/16/2014Took a friend for lunch here after bragging to her how tasty the food is. We had the crab cake sandwich special - it was just ok. Didn't taste fresh. Can't taste the crab! We also had the clam chowder- this was good and tasty . I wished I ordered my usual pasta entry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Went for Brunch. Good menu with some unique choices like Veggie Hash were very tasty as part of the Lumberjack Pancakes along with Bacon and eggs, any style. Service friendly but a little uneven as we had to ask for an extra cup of coffee and butter several times before being served. Pleasant atmosphere , unique decor , moderate noise levels and good food make it worth returning. Parking convenient on street and municipal lots nearby. Give Sweet Grass Grill a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vegan choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Grateful for the creative vegan options. Not just one mundane one like some restaruants do thinking they are being "open". Sweetgrass has a few on the menu and in past even had some vegan specials. I hope they start doing that again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/12/2014We discovered Sweetgrass about a year ago. Natalia waited on us; Max greeted us and made us feel welcome. Though we have been back a few times - always with good food and service - this past Friday was an echo of the first time we visited. Both Natalia and Max were there and made us, and a friend eating with us for the first time, comfortable and happy with our meals. We had the mushroom strudel, the pasta with mushrooms and truffle, and salmon. All were excellent. We wish we lived closer, but will make it a point to visit whenever in the area.Special Features:
- Good food in a nice locationDinerDined on 9/10/2014I picked this restaurant for it's location and menu. Service was great- nice staff and very attentive. We were there for lunch and everyone at the table enjoyed their sandwiches and salads. Desserts were delicious-I tasted a apple crisp which was superb.Special Features:
- Expect a pub feelFoodieDined on 9/9/2014Our group had mixed feelings about sweetgrass. Our waiter was patient, helpful, and thoroughly attentive.Our lunches included a side order. The side of grains was lacking in flavor but earned a point for texture. Sliced pork sandwiches were large the meat very tender. Desert was a big hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm fresh ingredientsMag415Dined on 9/9/2014I went there for lunch...the server and service were excellent! The menu's offerings did not include fancy foods, but it did include beautifully prepared, farm fresh dishes, one of which was a delicious pulled pork sandwich served with sweet potatoe fries that we're crisp and tasty. The coffee at the end of the meal was French pressed and there was a good selection of teas on the menu as well.Special Features:
- Good but not greatwileecoyoteDined on 8/31/2014Too noisy! Much less appealing space than photos suggest. Food and service were quite good
- Good for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014I have been to Sweet Grass Grill twice-- once for dinner and another time for brunch. The dinner food was good, but brunch food was excellent. Service was pretty slow and I wish they included a drink with the brunch entrees, but the tasty food made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Dining with FriendsJoy123Dined on 8/30/2014We were a group of 11 adult women, representing a variety of ages and backgrounds, who arrived from many locations to celebrate life in the face of illness. What a special treat this dining experience turned out to be. There were excellent choices for vegetarians and vegans, meat eaters and seafood lovers. The food arrived quickly and the entrees were delicious and plentiful. The staff felt like friends by evening's end; they were helpful, responsive and patient with our many requests. The bill was shockingly light. I am still feeling guilty that we were over "comped" because I would have paid so much more for this delightful experience. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect.Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Sweet grass grill is a nice place to have in the neighborhood, the food was interesting and well done, but not outstanding. My husband raved that his roast chicken was very tasty, my scallops were well cooked but not very flavorful. I had the Sweet grass cosmopolitan and it was delicious and my husband appreciated the interesting beers on tap. Our waitress did not seem particularly experienced, she had no recommendations and was not particularly attentive.It will stay on our list, but not at the top.Special Features:
- yummysnowbeeDined on 8/30/2014menu looks a bit different, more organic but food is delicious and portions are ample. would definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Great Vegan OptionsveganqueenDined on 8/25/2014I am vegan and I love this place. They have a few vegan appetizers, salads, entrees, and desserts. And on top of that there are many vegan possible items and they are well marked on the menu. All the food is fresh and tasty. Also love that they have both sustainable and organic wines to choose from. I would recommend it to vegans and non vegans alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls DinnerFranDined on 8/25/2014Our dinner was excellent. It's nice to have local harvest items featured on the menu. The atmosphere is very vibrant. Our server was very nice. I will come back especially before a show at the Music Hall!Special Features:
- what happened to the service?caltiedDined on 8/24/2014I have been to this restaurant several times, and this last time was not the best experience … service was a little haphazard, and it was a little crazy with the bus boys seemingly breaking dishes and glasses every 5 minutes … the food is still fantastic, but I will hesitate to come again for brunch as the ambience was not an enjoyable one ...
- Love Sweetgrass!SamsonDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful anniversary dinner here. Everything was so fresh and delicious. The vegan chocolate mousse is out of this world!Special Features:
- Great dinnerroseeDined on 8/21/2014Menu is fresh, local, organic and creative. Nice wine and drink list and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique, freah and deliciousAnneVIPDined on 8/19/2014Our first time here and we loved it. Farm to table, lots of veggie dishes but something for everyone. Wonderful staff - very helpful (we needed a wheelchair ramp and they had a portable one that worked perfectly). I don't live near but if I did, I'd be thrilled to have found this gem. Already recommended it to some friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great simple fareKJS1404Dined on 8/6/2014I have eaten at this restaurant several times this year. Very attentive service. Menu is simple, but of high quality. The combinations of offerings including a salad or appetizer and entree make a satisfying and rich meal. Food was prepared, cooked and presented very well. Ambiance is tasteful and cozy. I would recommend this restaurant to people who enjoy and tasteful, relaxing setting serving high quality food.Special Features:
- Great little RestaurantJo74Dined on 8/4/2014Great Farm to Table restaurant in Tarrytown. It's worth a visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locally-sourced, well-preparedTravelerVIPDined on 8/3/2014We found this restaurant a very fitting end to a day spent at Stone Barns in Tarrytown. Locally-sourced, organic food prepared very well! Very appealing menu choices. My only disappointment was that they'd run out of the sweet local corn before we ordered it. I'll definitely return to this restaurant, and bring my foodie friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time HereOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/3/2014Husband and I took two elderly relatives out for drive and meal. We all thoroughly enjoyed our food which was fresh and delicious. We made it a point to arrive at the earliest dinner time (5 pm), as it gets noisier as the restaurant fills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was great- garlic zucchini soupLPnJTDined on 7/31/2014we love this place. and they never disappoint! we always try to get there when menus change!Special Features:
- Poor Service Good FoodMooseVIPDined on 7/29/2014The service was terrible. Our waitress disappeared for long periods of time. We were given no bread. When we finally flagged down our waitress she said they had run out of bread. Yet, other tables were still receiving bread. The food once it arrived was pretty good. My burger was done correctly (which doesn't happen often). The restaurant was too noisy for me.Special Features:
- BillDined on 7/25/2014Incredible food. You must try this place. It blew me away. I really wasn't expecting anything special which made the experience that much more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Indoor lunchluv2eatVIPDined on 7/24/2014Ordered a burger medium cooked with mushrooms, caramelized onions and melted cheddar, it came out well done. Still tasted good but not great. Goat cheese dressing, beet salad was, dressing had little taste of the goat cheese. It tasted ok but nothing special. Sweet and sour grilled calamari tasted pre cooked and not very good. Not so bad to send back but will never order that dish again. Vegan chocolate mousse was again amazing since they reformulated the recipe. Dinners here have been a far better experience.Special Features:
- Good Healthy FoodDineoutDined on 7/21/2014As the title says. Food was fresh and healthy and gluten free. Suggestion would be to have a more desserts that are gluten-free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJennyDined on 7/18/2014I had been to Sweet Grass once before and enjoyed it, so I took my cousins there to let them enjoy it as well. We were all disappointed. The food tasted bland. It definitely was not as good as my first experience there.
- Tarrytown FreshStringsriderVIPDined on 7/18/2014Excellent food, friendly service, fresh and local ingredients. Always a great experience.Special Features:
- Consistently good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014The best veggie burger I have had, tasty, hearty and made there. We were 4 in our party, everyone enjoyed their dinner. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- HeatherVIPDined on 7/12/2014What a great evening! The food was fabulous. The service was great, attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:
- YummyHappyEaterDined on 7/6/2014And a great place for vegetarian and foodie friends.Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchRoseDined on 7/6/2014made a last minute reservation for Sunday Brunch on 4th of July weekend...it was empty when we came in, but in 15 minutes it filled up! Food was GREAT, served quickly. All very fresh and delicious, at a reasonable price...can't be that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JTownVIPDined on 7/2/2014Interesting menu. Good for vegetarians and nonvegetarians alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dishes with exquisite taste!krystinalynneDined on 6/27/2014This is a local "neighborhood gem." I love the variety and uniqueness of the menu. I also like how the dishes are creative and prepared with farm fresh ingredients. You feel like you're eating a tasty, quality meal. Oh, and the decor makes the whole dining experience homey and comfortable. Nice to sit outside for lunch with a friend on a beautiful summer day!Special Features:
- LunchAllegraDined on 6/26/2014Went for lunch on a Thursday. We were the only ones there at first. Our waitress was friendly but seemed to be new and had to revise information or confirm it with another woman who stayed behind the bar and stated corrections so that we could hear. Awkward and discourteous. We had chicken sandwiches which were nicely prepared and delicious. The sandwiches were served with fries which were cold and looked processed.
- heykiddVIPDined on 6/24/2014The food was great - will go again - great restaurantSpecial Features:
- SweetgrasscherobrienVIPDined on 6/23/2014Found this restaurant in Open Table. As usual we were not disappointed. The food was very very good. Fresh, local and cooked perfectly. We were passing through this area so we wouldn't go there regularly, but if we lived there, we would go there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.