Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint
180 Peachtree St NW #L05
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sweetgeorgiasjukejoint.com/
- Phone: 4042305853
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Thursday: 11am - 12am. Friday 11am -1am Saturday 4pm -1am Sunday: 11am - 12am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Will Jackson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Sweet Georgia’s Juke Joint brings Atlanta a new music and entertainment venue seven days a week. The stage, located in the dining room, will feature multiple performers seven days a week at both lunch, dinner and into the late evening. During the lunch hour, students from Georgia’s colleges and universities will have the chance to perform and well-known local artists, bands and headliners will perform in the evenings and on weekends. The music heard in historic juke joints was primarily blues and jazz, yet Sweet Georgia’s Juke Joint will showcase tunes across all genres. Check out our website and facebook page for a full entertainment schedule.
- Special Events: Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint features multiple private dining options including a private room that seats up to 30 people comfortably. Perfect for any occasion, contact Corey Culbreath or restaurant management at (404)230-5853 to coordinate your next special event.
A word from Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint
Sweet Georgia’s Juke Joint is the culmination of a deep history of music, food, drink and socializing in the South. Located in the former Macy’s building in the heart of downtown Atlanta at the iconic 200 Peachtree address, Sweet Georgia’s Juke Joint brings the city a place to relax while enjoying live entertainment and exceptional cuisine. Historically, juke joints originated in the rural outskirts of many southern towns to give African American communities a place to kick back and unwind after a long week of work. Sweet Georgia’s Juke Joint represents diverse culture, featuring music across all genres and popular hits throughout American history. An imaginative menu makes Sweet Georgia’s Juke Joint a staple in Atlanta’s downtown restaurant scene and the allure of traditional juke joints is showcased in the restaurant’s design. Sweet Georgia’s Juke Joint offers a dining and entertainment experience in downtown Atlanta.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (67)hot spot (64)special occasion (56)romantic (37)vibrant bar scene (34)late-night find (33)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (22)great for brunch (20)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Awesome placeShipp2eatDined on 9/16/2014It was a wonderful place with the right food and ambiance. The band and décor was so mesmerizing it leaves you feeling great throughout your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungryvisitor2Dined on 9/8/2014Great dining experience. Band was fabulous. Service was excellent. Drinks were perfection. Food was average. But I would definitely go again & try other things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out on the townChucklarryDined on 9/8/2014Special place to dine in the heart of the city, right on Peachtree amidst the crowds and dazzle of Atlanta. Juke joint had all the bells and whistle, great live entertainment that's very engaging to the crowd. Very tasty dishes that comes out fresh and hot. I recommend the juke joint chicken with turkey collard greens and bake beans superb. Over all it was a good experience, our server could have been a bit more attentive but it won't deter me from letting m friends know about this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique twists on favorite foodsfood4funDined on 9/4/2014The entrees, side dishes and desserts were all tasty and had their own unique flavor. The salmon was peachy, the grits has Parmesan and the mac&cheese-wow- was the best I've had in a long time. The drinks were a good price and the bartender was always willing to try something new. My party wanted live music while we are and this placed delivered some great covers of soul music. The noise wasn't overpowering and the people who come here seemed to be mostly regulars. And if I were a local, if be coming here again and again as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationWillieDined on 9/4/2014This is my 4th year celebrating my Birthday at Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint. The food was not as good as past years but the band was great! The service was good and my family & friends had a great time. They need more malbec wine selections on the menu but the two they have were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphereSistahgeizDined on 9/4/2014I enjoyed the music. Our first waiter was so awesome but he had to leave and then our service was horrible. The manager was such a sweetheart. He did check on us periodically and tried to get someone to help us out but we went long periods without assistance. I had to send my Jambalaya pasta back because it was pushy and very salty. I enjoyed the salmon and mashed potatoes and the salmon crochette (spelling) was a disappointment but the ambiance was awesome.Special Features:
- Some of the best food in AtlantaLillieADined on 8/31/2014I can't recommend this place enough. The servers are always great and I've come to believe it's impossible for the kitchen to send out mediocre food. Everything my family has ordered at Sweet Georgia's has been pure perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating to closeCoolplace1Dined on 8/31/2014You can tell they are trying to pack in a lot of people to see the bands. Your seating in super close to next table. Barely leg room to get through. However food and band were great. Service was ok. She had to many tables spread out.Special Features:
- Good Food, Bad AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014The food was good, if not a little bit expensive. For my wife and I the service was so-so. Unfortunately for us, the atmosphere was one that did not seem very welcoming to these who were not local.
- KitKatDined on 8/28/2014Had to ask waitress multiple times to fill water glasses, ordered drink had to ask for it 3 times and our 3rd party asked for appetizer and never received it. It was a special occasion and spent 168.00 service should have definetly been better. Never expect to have to ask for such things,Special Features:
- Birthday outing1980galsDined on 8/27/2014The food was tasty. We had the wing appetizers delicious. One of my girlfriends didn't like the mac and cheese, I did! The meal was great. Turkey burger, sweet potato fries and chicken tenders was what we ordered. The atmosphere was pleasant. The wait staff was knowledgeable and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extra ChargeSherylDined on 8/26/2014Regardless of whether or not you are there to listen to their live music, every person in your party is charged a $5.00 fee plus every person must also order an entree. Ridiculous. I will never go back.
- Love this spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I always love the food and live music. Would come more often if the drinks were cheaper and cups bigger. LolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cjxxVIPDined on 8/20/2014The food and music were great! The customer service at the high top tables was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ole HomeweekComadina24Dined on 8/13/2014I met a high school buddy in town for a few days.He heard about the Juke Joint and wanted to go. We were very impressed. The service was excellent and the food was great.. I highly recommend this spot.. There were several large groups there when we arrived and I paid close attention to how they were being serviced. Kudos to the staff...Special Features:
- Great Food!NiceDined on 8/10/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. We had eaten lunch here the day before and decided to return for the live music at dinner. For lunch I had the fried chicken, collards and mashed potatoes and couldn't help feeling like I was in my momma's kitchen eating a home cooked meal. For dinner I had the catfish and it was just as delicious. Great food and atmosphere!Special Features:
- Atlanta Tradition....AtlantaTraditionDined on 8/7/2014It is a must that we visit Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint every time we're in Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIRTHDAYWonaDined on 8/5/2014I took my boyfriend for his BIRTHDAY and it was both our first time coming and we absolutely love it. It was a good vibe good music and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencePassionatefoodieDined on 8/3/2014We went to Sweet Georgia's to celebrate my husband's birthday. I made reservations in advance. We were seated promptly. Our waitress was attentive and efficient. The food was really good. My favorite was the peach cobbler. Lastly, the band was amazing! Overall, a memorable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies WeekendTheLadiesTripDined on 8/1/2014This past weekend on our Ladies Trip, we visited Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint. The food and customer service was great, because we had sat a long time we felt kind of rushed to leave. We did gather our things, checked out and left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- She3Dined on 7/31/2014Ok band who did not really engage the crowd... and it was pretty empty even for a Thursday night. Awesome drinks! Thought $5.00 band fee pp plus having to order an entree was a bit much!Special Features:
- AwesomeluvurfoodDined on 7/30/2014First time visit for my family; We had the time of my life. Awesome place to celebrate a birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightbestgirlfriendintheworldDined on 7/30/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday. The live music is what initially made me choose this as the place for dinner. He is very into music and from the time we came in until the time we left he had a smile on his face. The food was truly southern and the Miss Ceely's Moonshine.... lets just say it only takes one. :) Truly a great date night. Service was great and the place was clean.Special Features:
- Great food nice place.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014I will be going back the next time am in town. The chicken, mac n cheese, ribs bbq sauce are too die for. Please if you are in the Atlanta area please find your way to the JUKE JOINT you will love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014Has reservation for 5 PM on Sunday. Seated promptly. Restaurant about half full. Placed near server station. Waited for server as staff seemed confused about who had our table. Wait staff congregated near our table to wait for order terminal or just to chat. Ribs tender but dry. Could not taste the sauce on ribs as the sauce nearly burned. Shrimp and grits bland. Collard greens tasty but lukewarm. French fries thick cut with a tasty spice but lukewarm. Large screen showed a Tina Turner concert.Special Features:
- Excellent Service!!!!Hilton76Dined on 7/27/2014Staff was very respectful and the service was second to none. The mix of food, music, and relaxed ambiance is perfect for a special evening or just to relax and unwind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Noise levels extremely loud. From groups celebrating. Waiter was good. But rushed and in a hurry to serve all the people. Need more servers. So the servers are not overwhelm. Need more of a personal touch music was good. Videos were good. During musicians breakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinneranniversaryDined on 7/23/2014Food was excellent and so was service. We had a wonderful time and look forward to returning. We may try the brunch next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern Staples with EntertainmentCpalmerDined on 7/21/2014You'll enjoy the things you would expect from a Southern Gem like this. You'll get the skillfully prepared fried green tomatoes, chicken and waffles and other Southern delicacies. All this in a pleasant environment that includes live entertainment!Special Features:
- Georgia on my mindfinedineDined on 7/17/2014I recently visited Sweet Georgia for the first time and it was an awesome experience. Our waiter knew what we needed before we asked. The live music and performers exceeded our expectations. We will be visiting again when we return to Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!HerculesDined on 7/15/2014Enjoyed the scene, made a reservation for my girlfriend's birthday. Service was outstanding and I had no complaints. Just wish we could have sat closer to the stage!Special Features:
- "Weak" Georgia's Juke Joint!DabbaDabbaDooDinner4TwoDined on 7/13/2014In time for brunch, our waitress seemed to lacked customer service skills; her attitude was like we were interrupting her day. Sloppy slow service, forgetting items ordered, my husband's toast, not toast, but two "wimpy" untoasted" pieces of bread. Her attitude was "whatever" & didn't cheer up nor change until I ordered bread pudding for my husband; as it was his birthday. His dessert FINALLY arrived & a scoop of ice cream added to cheer us up & erase any feelings of lousiness BEFORE we departed restaurant. Food, so so; lukewarm. In closing, restaurant is over rated, over priced, & having to pay $5.00PP for "live entertainment?" Too too... We came a long way to dine at this restaurant & were very disappointed. We give it a "D"
- Delightful!LynSpin9Dined on 7/9/2014In Atlanta for a couple of nights and wanted to find a place with a live band. Concierge suggested Sweet Georgia Brown's and we're so glad he did. The band was great and the food was good. If you like jazz and a good meal, Georgia Brown's is it. Reasonably priced too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2014Our first visit to the Juke Joint was absolutely awesome! Everything ... from the staff, food and entertainment.Special Features:
- Sunday Wind downwildbillDined on 7/6/2014Valet parked, arrived 30 minutes early prior to reservation. First band set begins promptly at 7 pm. We were seated 20 minutes ahead of schedule. Great table off to right side of room. Wait staff very attentive drinks arrive glass of wine and draft beer, followed by appetizer of crab cakes very eye-catching and pleasant tasting. Enjoyed music selections. Food order arrived chicken and waffles was my order and catfish with grits was his order. Quite enjoyable. Second band set begins about 8:15pm.Great music. Overall for couples,friends and family to small work groups . Restaurant is kid friendly for daytime dining, parents may want to consider entertainment mixed with music and drinks a club atmosphere so leave children homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Ga. JUKE JOINTerickwilliams39Dined on 7/6/2014Made reservations online. It would be wise to do so, if you want to be seated immediately. The food, service, and entertainment was excellent. keep in mind, $10 valet parking and $5 entertainment fee for the great live music! Artist I saw: Tony Tatum and the Soul Cartel Band! By the way, their moonshine is on point :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedAltzDined on 7/6/2014Seafood gumbo was the best I have ever had. The blackened catfish and grits was so tasty. They may or may not have had cornbread. If they do it's not on the menu, but I think I saw over tables with it. The live music, lighting, and decor were phenomenal. If I lived in Atlanta I'd go once a week at least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!BrooklynDined on 7/6/2014Nice for date night. The food was great! Not kid friendly though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couples Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014Great Food, Atmosphere and Live Music! It was Independence Day holiday weekend, so the service was a bit slow, but they were really busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Award-winning GRITSGRITSDined on 7/3/2014The best stone ground grits I ever had in my life!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.