1401 Clement St
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sweetcarolineslocustpoint.com/
- Phone: 4102441401x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Patrick Cook
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sweet Caroline's
Sweet Caroline’s is a new farm to table concept restaurant in Locust Point. We source local sustainable produce and meats within 400 miles of the city. On our beer taps you will always find unique local crafts to compliment any plate on the menu. Stop in and enjoy any of our modern takes on classic Maryland dishes or try an innovative refreshing cocktail. Our chef is trained in allergy and dietary needs to accommodate any guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sweet Caroline's reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Just say noMaryDined on 9/14/2014This is a bar more than a restaurant and a filthy one at that. The hostess graciously told us before we sat down that they were out of everything on the menu with the exception of ten items. The champagne in the mimosa was flat and the orange juice was the concentrate kind. The food was do greasy it was akin to a diner. They ran out of biscuits for their signature dish so substituted English muffins. Yuck. Gross place, dirty, greasy food and only go there if you want a bottled beer. Although it was a holiday weekend, the location is hard to access by car and definitely not worth the effort
- Great foodrsstackDined on 8/31/2014Exceptional food. More of a bar service environment (only downstairs was open, not sure if there is an upstairs).Special Features:
- First Time DinerFamilyfunDined on 8/22/2014Had casual dinner recently with adult son and his friend. Promptly seated and greeted by friendly server. Service throughout our meal was very professional. Apps were wings and homemade chips with cheese--good choice. Two of us had crab cakes which had little filler and plenty of backfin and the other had tacos. Curly fries with the crab cakes especially good however not big fan of the purple cole slaw. Overall a pleasant meal in a convenient local neighborhood. Wish there was more table/booth seating available outside the bar area but appears layout does not permit. Would gladly return.Special Features:
- Good alternative in Locust PointPhillyexpatsVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was our first visit to SC's although we had been here a few times to earlier restaurants. Salad and crab cake entrees were very good. Service was prompt and courteous, although the place was nearly empty at 8pm on a Friday night in August. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great FindsneatherDined on 8/6/2014Once a month, friends and I search the web for a new restaurant to try. We enter a zip code and then read reviews. We found Sweet Caroline's and it sounded like a fun place to visit. It was. Neighborhood Gem is a good description. It is very casual and relaxed. Perfect after a busy day at work. Our server was a little over worked but made up for it with a great personality. We were in no rush so it was not a problem. Food was very good. My group goes from adventurous eaters to meat and potatoes only. The simple menu has something for everyone. We ate in the bar area which was perfect for us but not for a romantic dinner. There is a second floor which I assume is for a quieter experience. This was a great find and we will go back.Special Features:
- The following 12 reviews are from the Sweet Caroline's reviews archive.
- Best Crabcake EVERJennyMaher81Dined on 5/19/2014Been trying to check this place out for a while, glad we finally did. Server was very knowledgeable about the craft beer selections. It was neat seeing other beers on tap besides the boring miller lite. The crab app held up to its reviews, full of fresh lump crab meat and fresh guacamole. My husband had the seafood pasta; it presented very well and was full of seafood. Very light with the perfect amount of old bay without being greasy or oily. I had the crab cake, and it was the hands down best I've EVER had, perfectly seasoned & full of lump. The sweet slaw and curly fries made it the perfect dish. The prices on drinks and food were very fair for the quality. All in all great spot, food, & service, we will be back to check out brunch too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood JointgoodoldamyDined on 5/11/2014My husband & I went for mother's day brunch and it was good. The food was solid and the cocktail list had enough variety to offer different tastes. Service was... casual. There were only a few tables when we arrived, so any possible brunch rush was long over, but everyone's dish arrived one or two at a time and minutes apart. I heard people apologizing and asking each other not to wait. My husband's drink came up a solid 5 minutes before mine did, which was alarming. If you can't coordinate cocktails, that's a problem. That said, if I were looking for solid food and not in a hurry and expecting professional service, I'd go back. I see it as a lazy weekend afternoon bite when I have nowhere to be.Special Features:
- What a gem!JudikVIPDined on 5/2/2014Was not expecting to love this gem of a bar/restaurant but what a surprise! The food was excellent! There were so many entrees on the menu that sounded delicious that it was tough to decide which to order. And the appetizers were truly AMAZING - best crab guacamole ever. We will be back to Sweet Carolina's very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealAnnieVIPDined on 3/21/2014The food we had at Sweet Caroline's on a recent Friday night was terrific. I had a crab cake and my husband had the rosemary chicken. The crab cake was large and full of crab. The chicken was perfectly cooked - not an easy thing to do in a restaurant. Unfortunately, there were not many people in either the dining or bar area. This is hard to understand since it is so good. It affects the ambiance somewhat so I hope more people get the word that this is a great option for an increasingly interesting part of Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to this neighborhoodToniDined on 3/12/2014First visit to this neighborhood restaurant. Had read the reviews and looked forward to a good meal. The cream of crab soup was average good. The crab cake, while full of lump meat, as advertised, had little seasoning. Being native Baltimoreans we have huge expectations from any local restaurant when it comes to crab cakes. Not sure if they used Old Bay or not, but if so, more would have definitely been better. The stuffed mushrooms were a little disappointing as was the pan roasted chicken; We didn't anticipate a flattened out, fried in Panko chicken breast. If I were to single out the most outstanding issue we had at Sweet Carolines it would be the chef's lack of seasoning.
- not what we expected...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/7/2014Had been to this location a couple of times previously under different ownership and menu configurations. The reviews for the current incarnation were glowing and we decided to give it a try. The staff is indeed friendly, enthusiastic and attentive which helps to overcome other shortcomings of the restaurant. We were escorted to the upstairs dining room on a Friday night only to find it empty--a bit disconcerting. The tables are small and uncomfortable. As for the food, we did enjoy our tuna/cucumber appetizer! The entrees were generous but ordinary at best. Bottom line: As suburb-dwellers, we would not make the trek back. If we lived in the neighborhood, we wouldn't hesitate to drop in for a quick bite.
- Very quiet but also quite tastyFederalHillerDined on 3/2/2014Sunday night we found the restaurant virtually empty, just one group near the bar and one other on the first floor. We had the second floor all to ourselves. Not a bad thing, just a bit worrisome about the long-term health of the restaurant. The food was excellent. It's not a large menu, but sufficiently so that everyone should find something of interest. Prices were reasonable. We had a "waitress in training" and she did fine. All in all a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerTreyDined on 2/14/2014The food was fantastic. Our server was very attentive and friendly. We stayed for a few after dinner cocktails and the bartender was awesome. Will definitely be going back in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotPDBaltoDined on 2/13/2014A snowy night so things were quiet but food and service was terrific!!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014Food was really good (loved the crab / guacamole appetizer) and all of us in our group of seven liked what we got. Good selection of beers, and very reasonable prices. Our waiter was super friendly and attentive. Will definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Surprise!bromillDined on 2/7/2014Went for my birthday because the menu looked outstanding-- and even though I had high expectations, I was blown away by the service and food. It was ABSOLUTELY delicious, and so affordable! I had the blackberry salmon and it was quite possibly the best salmon I have ever eaten. The service was great and they made me feel special on my birthday. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodEileenDined on 1/31/2014I can always count on a good meal here. The gnocchi was great and a huge amount. Salads are also ample for sharing. The crab cakes are winners as well. I feel comfortable recommending this restaurant.Special Features: