SWB - Hyatt Regency Scottsdale
7500 E. Doubletree Ranch Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 58258Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
SWB - Hyatt Regency Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://scottsdale.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels-scottsdale/entertainment/index.jsp
- Phone: 480-444-1234x8650
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch is BACK! 10am-2pm every Sunday starting Aug 31st.
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:30am, Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Juan Solorio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us for dinner and enjoy our nightly live entertainment shows at Center Stage Bar before or after dinner. Please call for show schedules.
- Special Events: Mother's Day is right around the corner! Don't forget to make your reservations for our Brunch Buffet. Chef has put together an amazing spread to include Prime Rib & Roasted Lamb carving stations. As well as a Pasta, Paella, & Quesadilla & Whitefish Taco action station. We cannot forget about our traditional breakfast fare as well as the kid's own buffet!
A word from SWB - Hyatt Regency Scottsdale
Energized by the delicious aromas and activity coming from its open kitchen, this casual southwestern bistro offers wood-fired specialties featuring fresh seasonal ingredients. Relax and enjoy indoors or out, set against a backdrop of the majestic McDowell Mountains. Featuring the area's favorite Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SWB - Hyatt Regency Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (5)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (3)good for groups (2)romantic (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great Food....SunCityDined on 9/26/2014Nice Atmosphere..A little on the PRICY side! Two people drinks and a meal..$175.00Special Features:
- Hyatt Gainey RanchDeanVIPDined on 9/21/2014It is the place where your taste buds meet the Southwest. The food is prepared to perfection while you whet your appetite with fresh guacamole and tortilla chips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SWB brunchMbcfoodieDined on 9/7/2014I would say this is the best brunch in the valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All in all, good experience!LouLouDined on 9/6/2014Service as outstanding. Presentation of food and service timing was perfect. I did find the menu items a big expensive, but it is an upscale resort! Would definitely recommend for breakfast or brunch. Appreciated how many healthy selections were on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food and friendly serviceSonnenDined on 7/3/2014Food was definitely good but we wanted to see more variety in the menu. Breakfast is wonderful with buffet and other choices. Friendly and good service throughout.Special Features:
- Dinner for 10NissyannDined on 7/3/2014Great service, friendly staff, and met the needs of my guests.Special Features:
- The following 71 reviews are from the SWB - Hyatt Regency Scottsdale reviews archive.
- Open TableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/22/2014I was not happy with the open table reservation system. Online, the restaurant described a 4 course meal with wine pairings fixed at the chef's discretion each night. That sounded great and was the reason I booked this particular restaurant, SWB, inside the Hyatt resort. When I got to SWB I was informed that I needed to give the chef a 2 hour notice for this dining experience.... As we had arrived for our 8pm reservations, this was not an option. I was under the impression that my reservation over 24 hours in advance would have been sufficient notice for the chef, but it seems there is a disconnect with the open table reservation system.... I'm disappointed that open table was not able to hold the reservation I desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissappointing ServicevpemaDined on 6/15/2014We chose this location for Father's Day Brunch. Neither hostess or waiter ever wished my husband Happy Fathers Day or told us about the brunch. Drink orders were delivered incorrectly and I had to find our server to ask for my coffee. No one ever came to refresh coffee, we had to request it and then they only refilled the person that asked instead of the whole table. Plates sat uncleared. I am traditionally a large tipper having worked in the industry but the 18% auto-gratuity added for a buffet where I could not even get a coffee refill really was a turn off and will make me think long and hard about ever returning when there are so many other local options.Special Features:
- HORRIBLE ServiceDinerDined on 5/18/2014The service up front and the service inside was absolutely horrible. We arrived to the restaurant for a belated Mother's Day brunch, we had reservations and arrived on time. We waited over 20 mins to be seated, while three other groups were seated, even though we came before them and had a small party of 3. And not to mention, it was the manager of the restaurant that kept us waiting for our table. Once we were seated, the horrible service continued with our server. Our server was extremely rude whenever we asked for a refill or had questions. Never smiled or asked how our food was. Overall, the experience at SWB was the worse service I have ever experienced. The food was delicious, but I will never go back to this establishment again.
- casual lunchILAZWIDinersVIPDined on 5/10/2014Excellent experience--great service and great food Enjoyed outdoor viewSpecial Features:
- The Best BrunchcazenoviaDined on 5/4/2014Love SWB for brunch. Great variety, both breakfast foods and luncheon foods, shrimp, crab legs, omelets, wonderful service wide variety of desserts including bananas foster. Great experience, great place to take out of town guests if you want to impress them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SWB is one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/3/2014We love this restaurant, food is always full of flavor and well prepared and the service is impeccable!Special Features:
- food outstandingskypilotVIPDined on 4/19/2014preparation excellent…delivery a bit slow..waited 10 minutes for check…..overall outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch was incredibleIncredibleHultzDined on 4/13/2014Sunday brunch was incredible and worth every penny. Service was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southwest flair - food and ambienceMNTraveldinerDined on 4/12/2014This is our second trip to SWB in Scottsdale. The menu is inventive, and there is a great variety of options without being overwhelming. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the striped bass, served with mussels and shrimp in a flavorful broth. The guacamole is made fresh at your table with simple ingredients - delicious! I enjoy the smaller portions from the "sized right" section of the menu, like the 5 oz. filet mignon with almond butter - just the right size. The cinnamon caramel cheesecake was the finishing touch to a great meal! The Hyatt Resort at Gainey Ranch is home to this restaurant, and our FAVORITE resort in Scottsdale. The indoor and outdoor dining options provide incredible southwest ambience - JUST GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice patio diningGerryDined on 3/27/2014Nice patio with gas fired fire pits scattered about giving ambiance and a modicum of heat as the sun sets. Our server and food were both very good. A number of families the evening we dined and it is unfortunate that when not actually eating, these parents feel it is perfectly alright that their children leave the table and proceed to run around the other tables and restaurant in general. While we were on a six night stay,after that first eving we made plans to eat elsewhere.Special Features:
- We made Open Table reservationsseakayiiVIPDined on 3/22/2014We made Open Table reservations for an outdoor shaded table which was ready upon our arrival. We enjoyed the guacamole prepared table-side to our taste. The Southwestern tortilla soup is excellent. Refills of Arnold Palmers were provided without asking. The ambiance is perfect for outdoor lunch dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalDeanVIPDined on 3/9/2014We enjoyed our food. The chef and staff are wonderful.Special Features:
- Disappointing.ccorpuelVIPDined on 3/8/2014We were anticipating a great meal in a spectacular setting. However, we were quite disappointed. Beginning with the difficulty in locating the restaurant within this grand building, we then were subjected to a very cool reception at the entry and at least a 10 minute wait after being seated to just receive a menu. Food choices were limited and overpriced.
- Southwest BestHoemerJoeDined on 2/28/2014Chef Juan and his staff not only put together a fabulous meal, he spent a lot of time with us. We talked about the meal, his life, how and where tequila is made among other things. A great time, highly recommend it. Next time I am in Scottsdale I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Food average for the pricesJulieVIPDined on 2/16/2014We really enjoyed eating on the patio with the pleasant atmosphere. Our waiter was attentive, but forgetful at times. We were excited to eat Southwestern as we love the BOLD flavors. I got the T-Bone Pork Chop expecting a sauce or great flavor. There was a clump of un-melted butter on top as the meat was barely warm, so I gave it to my friend for his mashed potatoes. It was a generous portion cooked correctly, but had no flavor that I could detect. My quinoa also had NO flavor and the roasted Brussels spouts were raw, flavorless. The waiter got me sides of seasonings and chiles to doctor up the quinoa, but the second set of Brussels sprouts were exactly like the first. My boyfriend said his steak and sides were adequate but nothing specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUD ! LOUD ! LOUD !SantineVIPDined on 2/14/2014An otherwise nice evening was ruined by an band playing in the hotel lobby (adjacent to the restaurant) so loud that there was no place in the restaurant to hide from it. Food was good, but we couldn't wait to get out of there. Hotel needs to realize this is a problem and either tone down the bands or figure out a way to keep most of the noise out of the restaurant.
- Romantic Brunch & Rustic AmbianceDeanVIPDined on 2/2/2014The aroma of a country style breakfast taunts you as you make your way to the SouthWest Bistro. The hostess greets you with a pleasant smile and escorts you to your private table, inside or out. Delicious bacon, eggs and traditional mashed potatoes await you if you so choose. Meanwhile, a chef prepares omelettes to your liking. Beyond breakfast, there is lamb, sword fish and other esquisite delights. My favorite is the desert table with a line up from a Banana Foster to a simple carrot cake. The service is impecible. Glasses overflow with Champagne or whatever drink you desire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerChiefDined on 1/16/2014We had a great dinner on our first night in scottsdale. The restaurant is very casual and was almost empty, so we were a bit apprehensive. Our waiter was personable and funny. We had fabulous guacamole, made right at the table and great fresh chicken fajitas. The servings were huge. At the end we were surprised by a beautiful creme brûlée with fresh fruit, as we had mentioned that it was my husbands birthday. Highly recommend. Nice bar in the hotel too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst guaracamole ever(NOCarolDined on 1/14/2014worst guaracamole ever(NO taste)...terrible caesar salad...would we go back..NO
- SpectacularDeanVIPDined on 1/12/2014The ambiance is rustic and romantic. It has a real Southwestern feel. The cuisine is prepared with great expectations and the presentation is marvelous. Definitely a must visit for out of town guests and a treat for locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful brunch,rustyVIPDined on 1/12/2014Always a wonderful brunch, even if you have to sit inside, Needless to say, outside seating is superb, just like the food,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchVisitorDined on 12/29/2013A vast variety of foods A cornucopia of selections at each table of coursesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceDeanVIPDined on 12/22/2013The food is great and service is spectacular. We enjoyed our brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful thanksgivingislandbreezelivingDined on 11/28/2013We booked the Thanksgiving Buffet and were not disappointed. The food was outstanding, from the omelette bar to the salads and entree's, it was all done with great presentation and flavor. The service was non stop, and the family, which have become a bunch of foodies, were all satisfied after the meal. We will do this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable luncheon diningseakayiiVIPDined on 11/21/2013Enjoyable luncheon dining either indoors or outside near the fire pit. Unfortunately, there are too many birds swooping onto the tables if they are not cleared promptly when guests leave. The guacamole is exceptionally delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect hotel restaurantseakayiiVIPDined on 11/20/2013The perfect hotel restaurant with southwestern cuisine; the table-side prepared guacamole is excellent. Glad to be able to make Open Table lunch reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatfoodieVIPDined on 11/9/2013We enjoyed our evening. Food was OK but not fantstic. The sides were a little too fussy. Our table liked the pork chop the best. We liked the healthier menu choices. I would recommend it as better than average but we all agreed it wasn't in anyone's top 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTobyVIPDined on 11/3/2013We stayed exclusively at the Hyatt when vacationing here...We live in Scottsdale now and live on Gainey Ranch. We were expecting more... Now buses pull up and the quality isn't there. SWB was attractive; but the food was mediocre, the prices were high and the service was spotty. Wouldn't go back. Beautiful venue and they're sitting on their laurels...Disappointing.Special Features:
- Perfect BrunchClassicCoutureDined on 5/26/2013Perhaps the best brunch with the greatest value for the myriad of options that were available. My only disappointment was that my stomach was not big enough to hold everything that I wanted to taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely atmosphere, great food!luv2dineVIPDined on 5/25/2013We wanted to try something new in Scottsdale, and we had a lovely lunch at SWB at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale. Great food and service, had a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was very bad as veryYumYumVIPDined on 5/3/2013service was very bad as very little attention and was hard to find a waiter to help us. in the morning it is nice to sit outside while eating but other than that this restaurant has little to offer
- Food was ok. Salmon was overcookedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2013Food was ok. Salmon was overcooked. THe setting was great and the services was pretty good. I ate here 3 times while I was in Scottsdale and enjoyed it all 3 times.Special Features:
- Good food and beautiful surroundingPapermavenVIPDined on 4/4/2013Sitting on the beautiful patio and looking at the fabulous grounds of the Hyatt Resort, how can it be anything but a great experience. The food is tasty, and the portions ample, but the view and dining experience is exceptional. This time, service was a little slow, but we were in no hurry. Live music from their performance area wafted over and added to the pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Not a top brunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013Very limited and really not very good the quality was marginal for the cost. The crab legs were frozen and so little meat, I guess I have been spoiled by the California standard, there are so few places in the valley for good food at a reasonable price. Honestly I really think the mediocre are the the best available and they know it so they price everything very high. I have yet to find great food in the valley, I don't frequent the expensive places, everyone I have tried I have been disappointed with. I am sorry but this brunch was poor at best, even at half the price.