SWB @ the Hyatt Regency Austin
208 Barton Springs Road
Austin, TX 78704Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
SWB @ the Hyatt Regency Austin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://austin.hyatt.com/
- Phone: 5124802035
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Paul French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a semi-private dining area to accommodate up to 25 guests. We also cater to parties up to 50 guests and offer an array of custom menus for your dining needs. Birthday parties, wedding rehearsal dinners, weekend brunch and holiday parties are always welcome. Contact us directly to have all details arranged and handled for you.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Meehan 5124802035
- Entertainment: Marker 10 Spirits & Cuisine offers on the first floor provides live entertainment Friday & Saturday evenings. Many of SWB's tables have prime seats where the live entertainment from below can be heard throughout our open air location on the 2nd floor of our atrium.
A word from SWB @ the Hyatt Regency Austin
Situated on the second level of Hyatt Regency Austin’s gorgeous atrium, SWB offers regional cuisine that will delight your taste buds with fresh, seasonal, and local ingredients. Diners appreciate our contemporary décor, set against a wall of glass that overlooks the spectacular Austin skyline and Town Lake. Dine with a large group at our fun community table or enjoy the comfort of your own private table. Reward yourself with tempting dishes like our caramel-braised short ribs, southwestern mac & cheese, our famous fajitas, or even our delicious desserts all made in-house. Discover an upscale Southwestern-style dining experience designed to please all your senses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SWB @ the Hyatt Regency Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (4)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2014We arrived at 1pm and it felt like Brunch was almost over (?) - they were tearing down tables in the ballroom foyer, etc. Food was good and nice selections, but service was almost non-existent - for the price point, should have been much more attentive.Special Features:
- Mother's Day brunch, meh!Austineats22Dined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day, and at 62 dollars a person, we hoped the food would have been excellent. The crab legs were so salty, we couldn't eat them. The crab claws were small, but edible, at least. The sushi was fishy and made my husband gag. We are big sushi eaters and, again, couldn't eat it. The prime rib and sea bass were delicious and all the side dishes were fantastic. The desserts were a huge let down, so much that I ate a waffle with whipped cream and strawberries for dessert, and surprisingly, my favorite dish. Overall, spending over $200 on brunch for the star dish being a waffle, isn't somewhere I would recommend.Special Features:
- An experience to rememberguilosDined on 5/11/2014We had an excellent experience, food and service was superb, overall amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 135 reviews are from the SWB @ the Hyatt Regency Austin reviews archive.
- Great dinnerJoseAltuveDined on 4/17/2014Best New York strip I've ever had. Fun to watch the bats flying around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near MissjmacDined on 4/9/2014The Southwest Bistro restaurant was a mixed dining experience. The service and atmosphere were fine. Except they did not enforce the "no smoking within 15 feet of the door" policy even though we were outside. The cigarette smoke and even a cigar smoke was a bit disappointing, but didn't ruin out mood. The bucket of fries we got for our son was delicious. And both my Sliders and the Ceviche were very good. Other than the atmosphere, I'm not sure we'll be back. The $15 valet parking seemed extreme.Special Features:
- Great!natalieDined on 2/23/2014Had a lovely brunch with 3 other guests. Some of us got the breakfast buffet, some ordered off the lunch menu. Nice selection, very tasty, fantastic service. Would go to again!Special Features:
- Nice viewCyndyjoyDined on 2/20/2014Although this restaurant is surrounded by many other restaurants downtown, the food is still good and the view of town lake can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No impressedGooberDined on 2/14/2014Went to this place on valentines day because it was the only reservation I could get. It was $50 for a three-course meal and so I was expecting high quality food. It ended up being just average, the steak wasn't impressive, way too much fat and the flavor was bland. I could have gotten better at Outback Steakhouse... The deserts tasted like they had been sitting out for a while. Wouldn't recommend this place for how much you spend.Special Features:
- It didn't work out on thisLebonatorDined on 2/14/2014It didn't work out on this special occasion. I probably won't go back but maybe someone else would have a better experience than I did.
- SWBtinoDined on 2/14/2014This wasnt what I was expecting when booking this restaurant. I am a very picky eater and this was not to my liking at all.Special Features:
- Beautiful View of DowntownGreatfoodSWBDined on 1/31/2014I had the opportunity to take my wife out for lunch at SWB. The food was excellent and the view of downtown Austin and Lake Austin was beautiful. The service was excellent and I would highly recommend dinning at this location. The prices were very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very mediocre, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014Food was very mediocre, especially considering price; but service was excellent
- Relaxed meal with a viewe2cAustinDined on 12/28/2013Highly recommended for those that want the experience of eating at their own pace and enjoying the view of Lake Austin while they eat.Special Features:
- Putting the Happy in Thanksgiving..diningoutgalDined on 12/25/2013When I think about Thanksgiving the first thing that comes into my mind is Food, then Family and Friends to share it with and then finally hoping the where will be the right atmosphere to make it all fun. My family and friends came to the Southwest Bistro for Thanksgiving and got not only good food but we got seated at an excellent table away from the crowds with a great few of the whole event. The food was wonderful, the ambiance good, and the wait staff excellent. We left rubbing our bellies and in a great mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't even get into restaurantFamilyDinnerDined on 12/22/2013Unfortunately, we didn't even get to keep the dinner reservation due to an absence of free parking at the hotel. We pulled into an empty and open parking lot in front of the hotel (open gate, no attendant), and as we were walking to the door, the attendant came out of the hotel to say it was an employees lot only. Parking for the restaurant patrons was in the (paid) garage some distance away, or by valet. We didn't have the time to search for parking as part of our dinner plans, as we had to get to the theater in an hour as well. Sorry we didn't get to try this restaurant.
- Bats with DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2013There were three or four bats flying around inside the restaurant. Our server dismissed it as normal saying, "I haven't been hit by one yet." Unfortunately we didn't get great service and they charge $7 for chips and salsa. I understand this is a nice place, but that is just ridiculous. Make that free and people may splurge on dessert or a nice appetizer.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving BuffettommyDined on 11/28/2013good food, excellent staff, great new parking garage, fantastic view of the city in the winter months when trees don't block view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unremarkable Hotel restauantBozemanMikeVIPDined on 9/15/2013Nothing remarkable here. Just good service and unimaginative food in a hotel restaurant. I wouldn't cross the river for it, but it is convenient and spacious in the Hyatt. This night the server did go an extra mile to find a particular wine for my boss.Special Features:
- Food Was Amazing!ChgoNativeTurnedTexanDined on 9/6/2013We tried this place for our Anniversary and were a little disappointed by the decor when we arrived. The restaurant was almost empty, so we wondered if we'd made a mistake. However, when the food arrived, we were transformed to an exquisite oasis! Scallops for an appetizer were amazing with a touch of watermelon! Our main entrees were unrivaled...I had sirloin and gulf shrimp and he had New York strip. The gulf shrimp were some of the best I've ever had-succulent and buttery. Dessert topped it off with a delicious pecan crusted cheesecake that melted in your mouth. You would never know this was a hotel restaurant by the fantastic food, so don't be discouraged by the outdated decor.Special Features:
- Unremarkable Hotel Dining RoomBozemanMikeVIPDined on 9/2/2013Although we were there on a holiday, the place was empty and the service a bit slow for them having not many customers. Food was pretty much typical of a major hotel dining room--uninspiring but good enough to eat. The view of Town Lake is pretty good.
- Could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2013Though the wait staff was friendly, they missed several opportunities to check on our dining progress. We had the blue corn spinach quesadillas which were soggy and had excess grease on the plate. My husband chose the surf and turf which he enjoyed. The beef was tender and cooked to order. I had the rosemary infused fries with the NY strip. The fries were crisp and hot, but the steak was a bit overlooked and chewy. The view was spectacular as we had a view of both the sunset and the Congress Avenue bats - overall it was a nice evening.Special Features:
- Showcasing Austin!nativeaustiniteDined on 8/6/2013A window view of Lady Bird Lake, the Congress Avenue Bridge and the famous bats flying by at dusk makes the Hyatt the perfect place for entertaining out-of-town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantVernetta8Dined on 7/30/2013Busy day of conferences, seminars, and speakers--SWB was quiet and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Offers casual dining on the lakekcat614VIPDined on 7/17/2013SWB is a nice spot for dining on Lady Bird Lake...good food, great service, nice vista and a short walk to the "bats" at twilight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown secretFamilyoffoodiesDined on 7/4/2013We love this place and it never disappoints! Food and service are always excellent and you are in ae reflect spot downtown! Our kids love it too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome experiencetheroseDined on 7/3/2013The whole dining experience was wonderful. We came as a party of six with reservations. The table was beautifully set ahead of time. The service was excellent and the food was superb! We even had a small child in our party, and the waiter accommodated our needs in an excellent manner. I would recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family who will be traveling to the Austin area. Many thanks for making a special evening memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BuffetHelonVIPDined on 5/19/2013The Sunday breakfast buffet was very good, and the breakfast menu selections were also impressive. We were celebrating a birthday, and the waiter brought a treat with a lit candle on top - very thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorging on Crab legs on Mom's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013Expensive, kids running around. Festive atmosphere with fun live band. Platters of shrimp, king crab legs, oysters... Was there anything else ? Didn't even look. Carving tables with meat. Sides, salad, pancakes. Passed them by... Bloody Mary bar. Nice pour of Vodka. Lots of ingredients. Boiled shrimp were good, not great. Sauce was good. Crab legs were good to very good. A little salty. But Oh so tasty with melted butter. I think between the four of us, we finished off about 12 plates of crab... We did taste some deserts. Crepe Suzette, excellent. Not stingy on Gran Marnier. Definitely, worth the $. just once...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013A great evening with a date. Greeted with smiles and treated as honored guests. The wait service was friendly, accommodating yet not intrusive. This was a specialty dinner with a select menu. It had a good range of selections, even for a picky date, and they were nicely described. The food was tremendous! Beautifully presented and bursting with flavor. Just a wonderful experience. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Overall blah.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2013Tried to charge us $5 for parking but we whined and they let us go in anyways. Waiters were attentive but didn't know anything about the menu or ingredients. Food was pretty but not all that tasty.Special Features:
- Amazing staff, great view.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Amazing staff, great view. Re: food, did not have regular menu because of New Years Eve, and holiday buffet had limited vegetarian options (unlike regular menu).Special Features:
- We made the mistake of attendingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/25/2012We made the mistake of attending the Christmas buffet here. Thought that it would be nice not to shop, cook, and clean this year; and we would have been better off ordering pizza. We had a 4pm reservation, but sure wish they would have mentioned it closed down before 5pm. For $55 a person we were treated to dried out charcutterie, a warm salad bar, and hard rolls. I am not sure how the 'carving station' was because they ran out of prime rib, and had a nothing be a gnarly pig leg and dried out salmon leftover. I wasn't expecting much from the Hyatt; but this was way worse than I could have imagined.Special Features:
- Relaxed Christmas BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2012We've been long time guests of the Hyatt brunches for Thanksgiving and Christmas for years, and have always enjoyed the experience. This year, it seems that the food options were diminished, particularly the absence of the seafood station and the omelet station. However, the food we had was very good and well prepared. Bring back the seafood station and the omelets and it will be perfect.Special Features:
- Christmas LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Christmas lunch was wonderful. The food was delicious. The view was beautiful and the staff was amazing. Some in my party were late and I was afraid that we would lose our seating. I was told not to worry--they worked around it and we were all seated. I was so appreciative!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2012My husband and I attended the Christmas Brunch with my parents with high expectations. What we were served was an elaborate cheese and antipasto style platter, several salads and a few vegetables. The carving board stations of salmon, pork and prime rib were acceptable but this buffet could have been served on any day of the week. There was nothing special about it. We mistakenly thought the menu would be the same as the one on line for the Hyatt Lost Pines, which is the reason we made the reservation. I wish now we had driven a bit farther to the Hyatt Lost Pines for what would have been a much nicer dining experience with a greater variety of food.
- They were not on their A gameOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2012They were not on their A game on Thanksgiving. Granted, it's a huge day for restaurants which are open, but one assumes they would be prepared. We arrived for our reservation and they did not have it. We were told to give them 15 minutes and they would ready a table for us. We waited about 50 minutes before being seated and when we went upstairs to our table, at least 1/3 of the tables were empty. Also, another family was coming in as we were going to our table,the restaurant didn't have their resevation either. We finished our meal and they were just being seated. They also had to wait 45-50 minutes when there were empty tables all around. Our server was great and we enjoyed our time together, but organization needs to be improved!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful ThanksgivingjulialbDined on 11/22/2012We had a wonderful and delicious Thanksgiving brunch and the Hyatt offered a wide variety of food to enjoy. As always, my favorite was the succulent shrimp, the moist and tender Lox and juicy sweet crab claws. I must add the grilled salmon and roast turkey were very good too. Our server was very attentive and friendly too.
- Outstanding holiday dining experiengreatDined on 11/22/2012Had Thanksgiving Day Brunch. The buffet was great. Very good selection of food. Service was awesome. Managers and supervisors made accommodations for our guests. This is our 4th time to a Hyatt holiday brunch, and it has been a great experience. We support other Hyatt Brunches too like in San Antonio. Have been a previous Hyatt catering manager elsewhere.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving BrunchMND122913Dined on 11/22/2012Our party celebrated Thanksgiving brunch at the Hyatt. The food selection and table servers were great! Never felt rushed given the onslaught of people dining this particular day.Special Features:
- We had a great time - enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012We had a great time - enjoyed the view and atmosphere especially, and the food and service were both exemplarySpecial Features: