Sway - Hyatt Regency Atlanta
265 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Sway - Hyatt Regency Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 4045771234
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:00am - 11:30am; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Martin Pfefferkorn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private Dining are for parties of 20 more, please call for more details.
A word from Sway - Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Sway is downtown Atlanta's signature restaurant, offering sophisticated, Southern-influenced recipes created by our award-winning Chef Martin Pfefferkorn, Hyatt's Top Chef in 2012. Sway's innovative menu features dishes from Southern kitchens, potlucks and barbecues prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients from local farms and dairies. Sway is open for lunch and dinner seven days a week, and offers a daily breakfast menu and buffet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sway - Hyatt Regency Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (9)good for groups (8)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)romantic (1)neighborhood gem (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- deliciousRobebabyDined on 8/17/2014Great food. Great service, Sarah, our server, was absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/11/2014I had plans for dinner for a party of 10 on a Monday. Restaurant could not be reached via its published number nor via transfer from hotel that it resides in. Started calling Sunday and made multiple calls both Sunday and Monday (before, during and after lunch hours both days). Tried to book an Open Table reservation for 6pm - at which it was indicated 6pm was booked, so I booked for 5pm (with a note indicating that I'd like to bring 10 people at 6pm). When I arrived at restaurant at 5pm, restaurant was empty, still not answering phones, and unaware of my reservation or its note. Since I could not confirm only half of my party attended. At 6pm, restaurant had 6 people eating dinner. Frustrating communication and arrangements....
- FredDined on 8/8/2014The fried chicken is the specialty and a must. The braised pork was very tender and well presented on a bed of pasta. The pimento cheese sampler appetizer also delicious as promised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great if you want something closeLove2TravelDined on 7/31/2014Good food if you want something to eat near your hotel. Had the buffet and everything was very good.
- D. HallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014The customer service is remarkable and the staff is extremely accommodating.,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience at SwayKurtisDined on 7/19/2014We stumbled upon this place, looking for some "southern" food while in Atlanta. The experience was outstanding! We were warmly welcomed by the staff, the service was excellent. The kids menu was unique and well received by the kids, and the adult food selections were outstanding! My wife got the southern fried chicken, which is served in a cast iron skillet. She said it was the best fried chicken she had ever had. I had the shrimp and grits, which was also outstanding. The icing on the cake was the pie bar. Even if you are stuffed, you have to check out the pie bar, which had excellent selections. I highly recommend this place to anyone in the downtown Atlanta area.Special Features:
- Amazing food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014I ordered the shrimp and grits and my aunt ordered the fried chicken. The food was amazing; great presentation & portions! Server was great and well-informed about the food and making suggestions. Dessert was good too; $9 all you can eat pie bar! The manager also came to check on us which shows how important they consider their guests.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING servicepseudandryDined on 6/26/2014We had a slight incident in the serving of our drinks, and my husband heard the manager, who had come over to apologize and make amends, say "Everything's taken care of." I wasn't sure what that meant beyond they've fixed the problem. We ordered what we would have ordered normally, including appetizers, entrees, drinks, and a shared dessert. When we said, "That'll be all. We're ready for the check," the waiter said, "No. That's all been taken care of. There is no charge for the meal." WOW! Now THAT'S what we call being apologetic! A pleasant surprise for a good meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Brunch spottherealljDined on 5/11/2014Good for those with gluten free needs. Nice variety of choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 54 reviews are from the Sway - Hyatt Regency Atlanta reviews archive.
- Addicted to the crab dip!SouthCarolinaDanceMomDined on 3/22/2014We visited this restaurant one year ago and had the crab dip with homemade crackers as an appetizer and it was amazing.....so during this visit I ordered it again and it was even better that I remembered!!! Also tried the oatmeal pie which was the best pie on the planet!! The chef at the restaurant, Matthew, visited our table and we had a great conversation. Overall a fun and delicious evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Group DinnerMadDogFL62Dined on 3/4/2014Not many places downtown open and taking reservations at 10pm for dinner. Stuck working late, our group was rewarded with a wonderful meal. Attentive service, good variety of menu options, and reasonable prices. Seared Scallops, Wild Boar Meatloaf, and the option to "Create your own Plate" were all very popular with the group. While we were their last group of the day, we were treated like we were the first.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSouthernGalDined on 2/22/2014Food and service got an A+. The dining room chairs were a bit uncomfortable, although they looked cool. Not a very intimate setting, but a nice setting. If you like people watching request a table next to the windows (which are open to the hotel lobby). Food prices were reasonable. I will definitely return again for dinner......and the people watching!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was basic, I felt itmickeyDined on 2/22/2014Food was basic, I felt it was overpriced and overrated.Special Features:
- Great service, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/9/2014My husband and I had a wonderful server who knew the menu well and was very helpful. Our food was brought out promptly, which we appreciated as we were going to see a show later that night. The food was excellent, and cooked well. I did a Create your Own plate, which was a really neat touch to the menu. The unfortunate part of our night was that there was a dance competition in the hotel that Sway is located in. I knew the restaurant was a hotel restaurant, but it is literally in the lobby of the hotel, so all the noise from the lobby enters. They couldn't help the competition, but there were dancers eating at the restaurant and wearing only sports bras and pj bottoms. It would've been nice to have a dress code, at least for dinner.Special Features:
- disappointmentMKellyVIPDined on 2/8/2014Hotel prices and very limited menu. You are just steps away from so many good restaurants and this was a huge disappointment. We were there for an hour and saw 3 tables leave after reading the menu - must have been dumbfounded at the prices. The decor is like a Shoney's and I wish the menu had been as extensive. I will say that the staff is very good and attentive.
- An excellent experience.AllenDined on 2/7/2014Despite being in a busy lobby of a large hotel, this place manages to make seemingly simple foods turn into exquisite tastes. I had the mac and cheese and it was something I could eat for the rest of my life. My friend had the brie sandwich and mirrored my previous statement. Service is attentive and I would do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- breakfast meetingYumYumDined on 2/6/2014Great selection of food at average price for breakfast buffet. Had breakfast meeting with vendor, and was very good. WIll use again when in town.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastFalcon54Dined on 1/29/2014The location is convenient. The food was average (although the grits were actually really good), and the coffee was terrible. It's good enough if you are stuck at the Hyatt (say, in a Southeastern snow storm), but if the weather is better next year, I will definitely dine elsewhere.
- A wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2014We had such a nice meal here on Sat night. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate any request and made everything extra special. The fried chicken and pork tenderloin were both delicious - and I only have to say PIE BAR for dessert!! It was amazing. Probably 12 different desserts - all delicious! Thank you Sway for a delightful night!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Second New Years BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/1/2014Overall had a good experience - staff was very friendly and the food is above average for a hotel. Believe our expectations were just a little too high from the Yelp reviews but this was a nice cafeteria-style breakfast/brunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sway Restaurant - what a treat!JFMcDined on 12/14/2013Had a business dinner at Sway at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta. It was outstanding - from the moment we were greeted to the very end. The server Zoritza (sp?) was awesome and knew the menu well. My halibut was wonderful. The ambience was great - we were at the family table up front in front of the amazing pie bar. Really great experience. Love having this restaurant downtown. Understand revolving roof top Polaris will re-open soon. Can't wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and friendly servicesrwellDined on 12/7/2013Tried this restaurant for the first time for an engagement anniversary and we were pleased with the choice. Was expecting a bit more formal setting since this is in a high end hotel in a downtown area, but the seating was comfy and the waiter was very friendly and took time to tell us some history of the hotel. Food choices were and upscale spin on some southern favorites, all wonderfully prepared and very tasty. The staff was very attentive and they even gave us a treat of some to-go desserts in honor of our celebration. Only recommendation is to update the menu covers as they looked quite worn and tired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Thanksgiving DinnercopperfishDined on 11/28/2013We had a room in the Hyatt and decided to take advantage of Sway in the hotel for Thanksgiving Dinner (so we could roll ourselves right back to the room afterwards). Best decision ever! The food was to die for, everything was cooked to perfection. The service was great, the chef came out to ask us how the food was and discuss the dishes, which was a really nice touch. It was all you can eat, and they let you take the left overs - so even though we were away from home, we could still make those Thanksgiving leftover sandwiches the next day. Thank you Sway!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedgsteckDined on 11/25/2013We were surprised at how great our server was. Our server was very energetic and gave us great suggestions for food. The atmosphere was cozy and the decor was very nice and rustic-modern. We brought our 3 yrs old daughter and she had a large selection to choose from. The fried chicken in particular was very good and the pie bar just topped it all off. We'd def want to come again and bring more fam.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant. Great service!LaShaunDined on 11/5/2013Great restaurant. Great service! Staff were very accommodating and eager to serve. Very pleasant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Business LunchwjparkerVIPDined on 10/13/2013Spent several hours eating and meeting on a mid-day Sunday lunch. Wait staff was very patient and attentive the whole time. Food choices were excellent, especially someone looking for healthy food choices--there were many.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking for freeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2013The 2hr free parking was a blessing, when you dine in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best - but ok for a hotelBackagainDined on 7/28/2013Lured by the reviews of the fried chicken and pie bar, I met a friend here for Sunday brunch. The restaurant in the lobby was convenient and had a good ambience. I was however very disappointed with the waiter. He only addressed my friend during our meal and made me feel invisible. Secondly, the food was over-hyped. They had large portions - we had buttermilk fried chicken sandwich which came with slaw and fries, and the shrimp and grits which came in a large soup serving bowl with a lid. I thought the chicken was moist but had too much crust. And of course, there was no pie bar as it was only available in the evening.Special Features:
- Great Group GatheringLibbiDined on 7/6/2013While in town for the National Education Association Rep Assembly we were hunkering for some dessert. Went on to Yelp! and found that Sway had a dessert bar for $9 al you can eat, plus buttercream ice cream. My dining partner and I loved it so much that we decided to dine there as a while group. Our group of 12 had a great experience. Many of us ordered the Southern Way (which was amazing!) One member ordered the Pimento and homemade crackers. It was amazing (so much so went back the next night for just that!) Many of us ordered the Fried Chicken. DIVINE!! However, it is half a chicken, you may want to share with a dining partner!!! The Sous Chef came out later in the evening and asked how our meal was. What a refreshing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great biscuits!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/3/2013Good food and great service. We had dinner and brunch in this restaurant. Both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/1/2013The grass fed hamburger was delicious! The manager talked to us about it and we tried it. Great choice!Special Features:
- Down Home Cookin!BrendaOntheGoDined on 4/22/2013The service was excellent and the menu unique but the fried chicken was better than my mother's. Must try to appreciateSpecial Features:
- Pricey, good food...ambiance probTRWIDined on 4/20/2013Food is high quality and service is good. Food orientation is healthy, locally sourced plates in a southern cooking style -- including gourmet variants of fried chicken, grits, mac and cheese. Key problem is its location within the Hyatt Regency in downtown Atlanta just off an enormous and noisy atrium. Unfortunately, though the restaurant area has been renovated in recent years in a very attractive minimalist style, the Hyatt entrance, huge echo-chamber atrium, fancy elevators and atrium bar and concessions, dominate the ambiance. We were meeting friends who were passing through Atlanta and staying at the hotel. But we would not return to this location just for the food. Tab for 4 was $225 with tip additional.
- Great Food, Organic Choices!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/21/2013My husband and I had a blast eating at this restaurant! Since it was located in the hotel that we were staying, we loved it so much we ate there a few times for dinner, and breakfast! We loved the choices they had for the breakfast bar and if there was something they did not have at the omelet station (like spinach), you could request it and they would put it in the omelet for you! I loved a lot of things on the dinner menu. The Southern Fried Chicken was to die for, I wanted more after the 4 pieces! The sustainable flounder and organic chicken was delicious They also had organic choices as well and the prices were reasonable! We did not have to go out of the hotel to find quality food! It was a great experience!Special Features:
- Good experianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013Dinner was good and portions were good as well. Breakfast bar was outstanding.Special Features:
- Fresh food in a friendly atmospherePatriceDined on 1/11/2013The staff at Sway is always welcoming & professional. I enjoyed the dinner buffet, although the buffet is not always offered. Their buffet is not an trough, but includes an appropriate variety of choices: usually two meats, salads, vegetables, soup, starch, biscuits & a dessert table of small desserts. On this evening, an excellent grits bar was also included...outstanding shrimp & grits. The dinner price included a glass of wine of my choice. The menu features fresh, modern preparations of southern food, all well prepared. I have been been here before & will return.Special Features:
- Food, pork chop and flounderArtayVIPDined on 1/10/2013Food, pork chop and flounder were great. Lamb was returned and service staff were overwhelmed.
- Lovely hotel restaurant butOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/10/2013Lovely hotel restaurant but the staff was either stretched too thin or were poorly trained in customer service. I declined the buffet and ordered a grilled pork chop with Southern veggies. The chop was good but the veggies were too spicy for my liking. It took nearly forty minutes from the time I ordered until my food arrived. The waitress was really sweet but I rarely saw her. She was clearly overwhelmed and it didn't appear that she was getting much help. The pumpkin custard I had for dessert was out of this world. It's about the only thing I can recommend about this place. The poor lady next to me ordered a scotch and it still hadn't made it to her table after she waited more than 20 minutes. Not what I expect when spending $50
- very handy if you're stayingEthelMartinPetersVIPDined on 1/2/2013very handy if you're staying at the Hyatt. Excellent dessert bar at night. Needs to expand menu a bit, a basic burger would be good and a basic BLT - all hotel restaurants need those. Pleasant place to sit, right off the lobby. Briana, the hostess, is very friendly and nice.
- One of the best hotel restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/18/2012One of the best hotel restaurants anywhere in the country!Special Features: