366 New York Ave
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.swallowrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6315475388x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday Lunch - 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Monday Thursday Dinner - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Fri-Sat Dinner - 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday Dinner 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Weekend Brunch
A word from Swallow Restaurant
Swallow serves New American style small plates. We pair our food with eclectic old style cocktails with a new age twist and wines from all around the globe. A dining experience you do not want to miss out on.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Swallow Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Huntington ›
Swallow Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (99)hot spot (77)neighborhood gem (65)good for groups (47)vibrant bar scene (47)special occasion (36)romantic (26)late-night find (20)great for lunch (18)great for outdoor dining (16)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- Noisy and VibrantSusanDined on 9/14/2014The seating arrangements and noise level make it very difficult for a group to converse. The live music in the dining area rather than in the bar area, precludes conversation between couples as well. Food is tasty and served small plate style. Waitress steered us wrong when recommending 2 small plates per person which ended up being excessive.Special Features:
- good time at a local placethe4ofusVIPDined on 9/13/2014Great exciting menu and it changes all the time, great to share all the items and they are always just the right size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwallowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Small plates of delicious food. Try the asparagus fries, the decadent mac and cheese and a Tallulah cocktail, house made strawberries and jalapeño tequila.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Food was good, noise level was too loud, music not fitting to the restaurant (heavy metal), not conducive to carrying on a conversation. Spoke to the manager and he did tone down the volume.
- quite a findMoozieDined on 9/6/2014We had never before been to Swallow. The entire experience was fun, interesting and quite delicious. The waiter was helpful and accommodating. Great looking space as wellSpecial Features:
- A favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Must get the cappuccino butternut squash soup. My favorite food of all time. Don't share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014Very different and original dishes. Love the small plates!!Special Features:
- foodie2Dined on 8/31/2014We ordered 5 dishes all together. The calamari & the sliders with tomato jam were way too sweet and a disappointment. The mac and cheese, tostada & skirt steak were very good. We found the drinks small and pricey as well as the food.Special Features:
- Easy to Swallow!Larry892VIPDined on 8/29/2014This was my first time to Swallow so I was hoping the good things I heard about the restaurant were true. We had a reservation and were seated promptly which is always a plus; the hostess was very pleasant and very friendly. So far, so good. All we needed now was good service from the waiter, no long delays from the kitchen and good food and the night would start very well. That is exactly what we received; the food and service were excellent and the kitchen timed the various tapas perfectly. We will defintely be back to enjoy some of the other items we wanted but didn't order. Looking forward towards my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceaslineDined on 8/27/2014Our food was great and service was excellent. We were a large party, which they were able to accommodate well. Very cool interior and feel. Great bartending, excellent mojitos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining in Huntington VillageLD825Dined on 8/26/2014Swallow is a great new addition to the Huntington dining scene. The small plates concept works for me; I love being able to sample a few different dishes. The menu changes but some of my favorites were the meatball parm hero, chicken tostada, fried asparagus and burrata with heirloom tomatoes. But there are so many choices I haven't tasted yet so I'm looking forward to going back soon. Friendly and concerned service. Sit at the back counter and watch the chef put the orders together.Special Features:
- Love it!lam525Dined on 8/23/2014Swallow is an awesome restaurant! The food is absolutely phenomenal... I love everything I get, every time I go! The service is always excellent, as well! Both the manager and the owner checked to make sure everything was okay, and our waiter was nice and accommodating. It can be hard to get a reservation for bigger parties and is very busy on the weekends, but it is worth going to if you can get in!Special Features:
- Great Food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Totally worth checking out this restaurant, the food is really interesting and savory.Special Features:
- Great Food but a little loudOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014Just visited Swallow for the first them and will definitely return. Food was awesome but noise level was off the charts and it wasn't even packed. Service was good and drinks were well made. If you've never been here than it us a must all things aside food was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great girls night outKayceeDined on 8/19/2014Fantastic place to unwind and give your taste buds a run for their money!!! From the service to the bathrooms... This place was fantastic. Great place for adult fun !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but slightly pretentiousLovingLifeDined on 8/18/2014First 2 times we stopped in on a week night, they told us no tables were available and we should make a reservation. Both times, I did notice open tables when we walked in, no one waiting for the tables and when I walked by the restaurant a few minutes later...still open tables. This time, we decided to go on Open Table before we headed over and magically, they had immediate seating open for prime dinner time. While we were there, the place was never packed. They seem to want to give the vibe that it is difficult to get a table there. We loved the serving style of one tapas dish out at a time so you can enjoy the excellent flavor of each. The staff was nice but everything seemed very impersonal. It is pricey. Not an everyday place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwallowJUJUbeeDined on 8/16/2014A nice restaurant, with some great dishes. The butternut squash cappucino soup, and mac & cheese were to die for! The grilled octopus was yummy too. The service was spotty. One minute the waitress was right there, and then we couldn't find anyone when we wanted a drink. Sometimes the wait was a bit long between dishes. The small plates were neat, but I imagine someone with a voracious appetite might not be satisfied. I would return to try a few of the other dishes.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014We haven't been to Swallow since before the renovation, loved it then, love it now! The expanded menu still included our favorites from the original restaurant. Will definitely be back to try some other small plates we didn't get to try this time!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just greatthe4ofusVIPDined on 8/14/2014Had a great meal and we tried many dishes. We all ordered a few dishes , they are just large enough to taste when with two couplesSpecial Features:
- Great local addition!LocalDinerDined on 8/13/2014We had a great Moms Night Out here! We had one good dish after the next with reasonably priced bottles of wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service, but LOUD!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Enjoyed the food and drink VERY much and and the service was great. Our orders arrived hot, fresh and tasty and the beer was cold. Everybody was friendly. The decor is beautiful. However, it was very loud (and I realize that's intentional) so keep that in mind - this is not the place for a quiet, romantic dinner. It IS the place to eat and drink well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodnokadoninjaDined on 8/12/2014I came here with my girlfriend a couple nights ago and let me tell you the food was amazing. Each dish was better then the last. If you find yourself in Huntington wondering where to go for dinner this is the place! I highly recommend the Calamari it was the best dish we had and it was delicious.Special Features:
- PickyVIPDined on 8/11/2014This was my second time at swallow in Huntington and I enjoyed it very much. The ribs could have been more tender. Aside from that everything else was deliciousSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014The food was great as always. The service was spot on, there were 5 of us with many different dishes coming out at various times and it was seamless! The food is great and the small plates give you a chance to try it all. There were 5 of us and the service was seamless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed.RealfoodieVIPDined on 8/6/2014I was excited looking at the menu. Did not deliver. Food was needlessly over-sweetened. Both my wife and I had a terrible taste in our mouths for hours after the meal. It even ruined our appetite for dinner that evening.Special Features:
- A great Birthday Treat!lovetoeatDined on 8/5/2014My friend took me to Swallow for my birthday. We shared 5 plates of food, each one different and delicious. We also had palomas for cocktails. The decor is so pretty. The only time I have gone there was before it expanded and the food then was delicious. It's definitely a place I would go back to. I hope to go back soon actually!Special Features:
- looking forward to return visits3dogapeVIPDined on 8/5/2014A vibrant, mostly young crowd and a wonderful selection of creative, delicious small plates that make us look forward to return visits.Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchBFFsDined on 8/3/2014Four girlfriends went to Swallow on Sunday for brunch. We were seated right away, told that there would be a live jazz band, in case we wanted to be in a quieter area to have conversation (very thoughtful of the hostess). The selections and "small plates" were explained to us, and recommendations made. The food was delicious, innovative and beautifully presented. While each portion is small, it was perfect for us. Diners with larger appetites would want to order more than one each. We shared squash blossoms, shrimp and grits (our favorite), challah french toast with berries, and an egg/asparagus/serrano ham entree - so we all got a taste. We loved the atmosphere and the artwork. Desserts delish...Good choice in Huntington Village!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fanFoodReviewDined on 7/31/2014Although I love small plate restaurants everyone of these small plates were not tastySpecial Features:
- Awesome time!TuscanRaveVIPDined on 7/31/2014Great food, prepared and served at great timing. There is great selection of tapas. Swallow was great fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEVER FAILS!NinjaprincessDined on 7/19/2014They can do not wrong!!!! Brought my parents this time and made them devoted fans as well! Cant wait to go back again!Special Features:
- LuvtoeatVIPDined on 7/17/2014This was my third time here. Love this place! The roasted cauliflower and clam tacos are spectacular! I recommend the mussels, the chicken livers, the calamari and the red snapper. The lobster roll is fresh, but bland. The grilled octopus was unfortunately burnt, but the flavor of the sauce was good. And even tho the fried asparagus was a bit on the greasy side, they tasted greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the happening placeRangerMikeDined on 7/14/2014No matter what day we are there the place is busy. Place is loud but the servers and food keep us coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy to get back to swallow but..rugbyDined on 7/13/2014So Swallow used to be my all time favorite restaurant.I loved the intimate setting, the special menu that changed often. it was always a surprise what we were going to get. Even though it was small plates, the portion size was perfect to share. And then..they closed and reopened bigger but not better. The service was not as strong, had us waiting on drinks and now looks like they have a stock menu that will rarely change. Those special dishes will be no more. We went for brunch but 1 egg was $15, not enough too share, tasty but pricey. The portion sizes seemed to have gotten smaller. Anyway, my overall experience was dissappontment. everything I loved has changed and not for the better.Special Features:
- SwallowlifoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014In a town where there are plenty of good restaurants to choose from, Swallow stands out at the top. The food is absolutely the best in Huntington. And after a major renovation and expansion they found a staff that was friendly, attentive and knowledgable.Special Features:
- Noise a Real IssueHprofVIPDined on 7/9/2014We loved the "old Swallow." Food on this visit was still OUTSTANDING! Service was great. But the NOISE LEVEL IS A R
- PaulVIPDined on 7/9/2014Always great. Every small plate is as flavorful as the next. Try the mac and cheese d grilled octopusanSpecial Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Ryan was our server and really helped us with our picks. Portions are small but delicious and appropriately priced so you can have a good varietyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Swallow What a Great Findjnine0712Dined on 7/8/2014It was our 8th wedding anniversary and was trying to find a great place to enjoy and celebrate at without our kids and puppy for one night. A friend of my husband's from work recommended. I made the reservation online, which was so easy to do here and even easier to change when I had to push the time back, because my husband was running late in traffic from work. Overall, an amazing place and had a wonderful night celebrating out. Would totally recommend as the food and service was a amazing.Special Features:
- awsomee!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/7/2014A must go ..perfect for foodies and group of friends. Small plates are perfect for people who love to try a whole bunch of diffrent food food is AMAZING!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.