366 New York Ave
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.swallowrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6315475388x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday Lunch - 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Monday Thursday Dinner - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Fri-Sat Dinner - 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday Dinner 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Weekend Brunch
A word from Swallow Restaurant
Swallow serves New American style small plates. We pair our food with eclectic old style cocktails with a new age twist and wines from all around the globe. A dining experience you do not want to miss out on.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Swallow Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (104)hot spot (75)neighborhood gem (66)good for groups (42)vibrant bar scene (39)special occasion (35)romantic (26)late-night find (20)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (15)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (11)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Really delicious foodHappyeaterDined on 10/22/2014Because the menu is tapas, we sampled about 10 dishes (there were 5 of us). One was better than the next. Every one of them was a winner. I didn't love the desserts as much. Fortunately we reserved 5:30. By the time we left around 8:00, it was very busy and very noisy. We had to ask our waiter for another cup of coffee and wait a long time for the bill. He was very attentive for most of the meal but then it seemed like we lost him. Again, wonderful food!Special Features:
- dddddVIPDined on 10/18/2014High quality, delicious food is the name of the game here--what a commitment to flavor & presentation. Just wish is wasn't so crazy loud! Peak saturday night time, though. Plan to return on quieter night. Cappuccino squash soup a must! No dish disappointed!Special Features:
- expectationsTheShadowDined on 10/16/2014Not knowing what to expect, this being my first time to this restaurant, I was pleasantly surprised at the food, service and atmosphere. It was a bit loss and difficult to talk BUT worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good all aroundKaufmakaVIPDined on 10/14/2014Second time dining at Swallow and it was good.We tried the asparagus fries (standard - nothing to rave about.. would love to see them paired with another veggie or different sauces), mac & cheese (pretty good), beet salad (a little heavy on the sauce drizzled on top), short ribs (cooked perfectly), calamari (a table favorite), pork buns (a little bland), and the strip steak (also good)... main issue with Swallow is it is always the same dishes.Wish there were more specials or slight variations to the menu instead of just taking the lobster roll off to be replaced with another steak dish.Service is good.Beers on tap at perfect temperature and were also delicious.Staff does a great job at being attentive to when more dishes shouled be served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Small PlatesLivetoeatDined on 10/13/2014Had the Short Ribs & Calamari which were my favs & also the BEST deviled eggs i have ever had. Dessert was this Smore's Flourless Choc cake which was delicious. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieSusieDined on 10/12/2014The only negative a I can write is that there are to many items that look fabulous on this tasting menu. Starting with the Mademoiselle cocktail each course just got better. Absolutely LOVED the Butternut cappuccino and the sliders are amazing! Can't wait to get back to try the items that we didn't choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Great ambience, delicious butternut squash soup! I would come here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open wide .... & Swallow!WelovefoodDined on 10/10/2014Wow delicious , different , tasteful. Dishes prepared each w such effort and you can taste it in each bite . The place itself is lovely , modern and we cannot wait to go back !! Great service as well , hostess , waiter, bus boys all very nice !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous evening!CandCDined on 10/10/2014My fiancé and I had a fabulous dining experience! We had never been there before, and the staff (even the busboy!) made us feel welcome and made great suggestions... Thanks guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menu with great varietylongislandlocalDined on 10/10/2014This place does a lot of things well, including excellent service, creative dishes and warm ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lively, but noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014Met some girlfriends one night to catch up....food, drinks, service all great, but we found ourselves practically yelling across the table. We sat near front doors and asked waiter to open doors as it was a little stuffy in the restaurant, when he opened them the noise level was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Great service. Amazing cocktails. Excellent small plates. I can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Such a nice changeonthesideVIPDined on 10/5/2014We haven't been back to Swallow since they first opened. Back then, it was small, and we just weren't feeling it. But Sunday we saw it was on opentable so figured we'd try it again. SO glad that we did. The place is bigger and beautifully redone. Love what they did to the place. The servers were very nice (although I'm not loving the outfits... overdressed chippendales theme? strange). Ok but wait, we were there for the food. We had wedge salad - fresh, but a a little too heavy on the dressing. Both the short ribs and the shrimp po boys were very tasty. But my favorite was definitely the calamari. Served in a chinese take out container with chop sticks. Lightly fried and perfectly seasoned! Wonderful. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Not impressed at all!FranVIPDined on 9/29/2014Decided to go to Swallow for our 25th Wedding Anniversary.Right off the bat they screwed up my drink. The first item we ordered was the wedge salad.That was good.Next up was the calamari that was chewy.It was just soggy & overloaded with sweet sauce. Next was the Mac & cheese.It was the best of all our food. Then the chicken thighs arrived. My husband cut into one thinly sliced thigh to find it raw inside. We immediately called a waitress over. No apology she took it & asked if we wanted something else.We decided on the short ribs.They were soft but lacked flavor.We got the bill & were surprised to have been charged for the short ribs that we didn't order to begin with! NO APOLOGIES from anyone at any time. We will never go back to Swallow.Special Features:
- nice dinner at swallowOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/28/2014Visited with friends on a Sunday night. We all enjoyed the food. Noise level was acceptable at an outside table. Inside it would have been impossible to converse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good; noise level highBurtBDined on 9/24/2014On our second visit to the expanded Swallow, the food was consistently good, the service was so so on a half- capacity weekday night, and the glass panels opened to the sidewalk made the noise level too high to hear conversation at the table without straining ( our table was 20+ feet from the opening to the sidewalk). Swallow is good for an occasional dining adventure, but not as a regular haunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gemAnniversaryspecialDined on 9/20/2014I had heard wonderful reviews about swallow from friends and the neighborhood business where I shop that I wanted to try it for my 22nd wedding anniversary. It really was a special treat and both my husband and I were very glad that we chose Swallow to celebrate. The food was remarkable and the service was absolutely outstanding. Awesome waiter and staff. We were even visited by the owner several times checking to see if we were happy with the food and the service. I truly would recommend this place to friends and family. Can't wait to go back. They even sent over to our table 2 glasses of pink champagne and chocolate fudge cake on the house. Make sure you go!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Food was good, wine was ok Service was alright, however the waitress certainly had an attitude that was unnecessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014This was the first time I ate at Swallow after hearing all good reviews. Nice atmosphere, perfect for nice wine/beer and small plates in lieu of a regular dinner. Many times I would rather have a variety and small plates versus the usual appetizer, dinner. Nice for lunch, brunch, small apps and a drink as well as dinner. Favorite--beet salad, asparagus. Will be back to try more.Special Features:
- Noisy and VibrantSusanDined on 9/14/2014The seating arrangements and noise level make it very difficult for a group to converse. The live music in the dining area rather than in the bar area, precludes conversation between couples as well. Food is tasty and served small plate style. Waitress steered us wrong when recommending 2 small plates per person which ended up being excessive.Special Features:
- good time at a local placethe4ofusVIPDined on 9/13/2014Great exciting menu and it changes all the time, great to share all the items and they are always just the right size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwallowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Small plates of delicious food. Try the asparagus fries, the decadent mac and cheese and a Tallulah cocktail, house made strawberries and jalapeño tequila.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Food was good, noise level was too loud, music not fitting to the restaurant (heavy metal), not conducive to carrying on a conversation. Spoke to the manager and he did tone down the volume.
- quite a findMoozieDined on 9/6/2014We had never before been to Swallow. The entire experience was fun, interesting and quite delicious. The waiter was helpful and accommodating. Great looking space as wellSpecial Features:
- A favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Must get the cappuccino butternut squash soup. My favorite food of all time. Don't share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014Very different and original dishes. Love the small plates!!Special Features:
- foodie2Dined on 8/31/2014We ordered 5 dishes all together. The calamari & the sliders with tomato jam were way too sweet and a disappointment. The mac and cheese, tostada & skirt steak were very good. We found the drinks small and pricey as well as the food.Special Features:
- Easy to Swallow!Larry892VIPDined on 8/29/2014This was my first time to Swallow so I was hoping the good things I heard about the restaurant were true. We had a reservation and were seated promptly which is always a plus; the hostess was very pleasant and very friendly. So far, so good. All we needed now was good service from the waiter, no long delays from the kitchen and good food and the night would start very well. That is exactly what we received; the food and service were excellent and the kitchen timed the various tapas perfectly. We will defintely be back to enjoy some of the other items we wanted but didn't order. Looking forward towards my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceaslineDined on 8/27/2014Our food was great and service was excellent. We were a large party, which they were able to accommodate well. Very cool interior and feel. Great bartending, excellent mojitos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining in Huntington VillageLD825Dined on 8/26/2014Swallow is a great new addition to the Huntington dining scene. The small plates concept works for me; I love being able to sample a few different dishes. The menu changes but some of my favorites were the meatball parm hero, chicken tostada, fried asparagus and burrata with heirloom tomatoes. But there are so many choices I haven't tasted yet so I'm looking forward to going back soon. Friendly and concerned service. Sit at the back counter and watch the chef put the orders together.Special Features:
- Love it!lam525Dined on 8/23/2014Swallow is an awesome restaurant! The food is absolutely phenomenal... I love everything I get, every time I go! The service is always excellent, as well! Both the manager and the owner checked to make sure everything was okay, and our waiter was nice and accommodating. It can be hard to get a reservation for bigger parties and is very busy on the weekends, but it is worth going to if you can get in!Special Features:
- Great Food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Totally worth checking out this restaurant, the food is really interesting and savory.Special Features:
- Great Food but a little loudOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014Just visited Swallow for the first them and will definitely return. Food was awesome but noise level was off the charts and it wasn't even packed. Service was good and drinks were well made. If you've never been here than it us a must all things aside food was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great girls night outKayceeDined on 8/19/2014Fantastic place to unwind and give your taste buds a run for their money!!! From the service to the bathrooms... This place was fantastic. Great place for adult fun !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but slightly pretentiousLovingLifeDined on 8/18/2014First 2 times we stopped in on a week night, they told us no tables were available and we should make a reservation. Both times, I did notice open tables when we walked in, no one waiting for the tables and when I walked by the restaurant a few minutes later...still open tables. This time, we decided to go on Open Table before we headed over and magically, they had immediate seating open for prime dinner time. While we were there, the place was never packed. They seem to want to give the vibe that it is difficult to get a table there. We loved the serving style of one tapas dish out at a time so you can enjoy the excellent flavor of each. The staff was nice but everything seemed very impersonal. It is pricey. Not an everyday place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwallowJUJUbeeDined on 8/16/2014A nice restaurant, with some great dishes. The butternut squash cappucino soup, and mac & cheese were to die for! The grilled octopus was yummy too. The service was spotty. One minute the waitress was right there, and then we couldn't find anyone when we wanted a drink. Sometimes the wait was a bit long between dishes. The small plates were neat, but I imagine someone with a voracious appetite might not be satisfied. I would return to try a few of the other dishes.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014We haven't been to Swallow since before the renovation, loved it then, love it now! The expanded menu still included our favorites from the original restaurant. Will definitely be back to try some other small plates we didn't get to try this time!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just greatthe4ofusVIPDined on 8/14/2014Had a great meal and we tried many dishes. We all ordered a few dishes , they are just large enough to taste when with two couplesSpecial Features:
- Great local addition!LocalDinerDined on 8/13/2014We had a great Moms Night Out here! We had one good dish after the next with reasonably priced bottles of wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service, but LOUD!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Enjoyed the food and drink VERY much and and the service was great. Our orders arrived hot, fresh and tasty and the beer was cold. Everybody was friendly. The decor is beautiful. However, it was very loud (and I realize that's intentional) so keep that in mind - this is not the place for a quiet, romantic dinner. It IS the place to eat and drink well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.