SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas
3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Wynn Las Vegas and Encore
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://wynnlasvegas.com/
- Phone: 7027703325x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner nightly, 5:30 pm to 10:15 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Walzog
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining rooms are available, each accommodating a maximum of 16 guests. When combined as a singular space, groups of up to 38 may be accommodated.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Events 7027702251x
A word from SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas
Star chef David Walzog presents his unique interpretation of the classic American steakhouse along Wynn's Lake of Dreams. As befits a top-notch chophouse, SW offers a selection of expertly charred steaks, including a succulent porterhouse-for-two, New York strip, dry-aged tomahawk chop and Walzog's signature chile-rubbed double cut rib eye. SW also offers a wide variety of seafood and poultry options, and such innovative side dishes as black truffle creamed corn and cipollini onions with charred jalapeno. SW's décor matches its steakhouse-with-a-twist cuisine brilliantly, with a glamorous dining space that glows burnished copper and deep brown, punctuated by floor-to-ceiling windows framing postcard views of the three-acre lakefront and forested mountain. The adjoining open-air dining terrace offers prime views of the multi-media shows of sound, light, video and puppetry that unfold both on the lake and against it's 90-foot tall coursing waterfall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Wynn Las Vegas and Encore ›
SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (156)scenic view (132)great for outdoor dining (122)romantic (116)notable wine list (89)fit for foodies (80)good for groups (49)hot spot (44)late-night find (18)vibrant bar scene (11)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Incredible!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My husband and I both had the bone-in ribeye which was, hands-down, the best steak I've ever had in my life! Cooked to perfection (ours were medium rare) with just the right amount of char and seasoned perfectly, it was melt in your mouth good. We ordered the grilled asparagus (delicious!) and the poblano Mac and cheese for sides. I have had several other "gourmet" Mac and cheese versions and this one was very good, but not my favorite. We were seated right to the waterfall which provided a brilliant backdrop to our special evening. All in all- undorgettable and we will make SW a permanent part of our Vegas experiences from now on. Additionally- sever Corey was fantastic- really went beyond to make sure we were treated well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food just ok but exesibly expensiveEstherVIPDined on 10/15/2014Not correspond at all what they charge for what they give,we felt it was a robery. Is the most expensive in las vegasSpecial Features:
- Wynn LossOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Nothing special other than the ambience. Very pricey and very disappointed in the lobster. It seems that Chefs get away from the proper way to prepare food trying to one-up the other guy. Meat was excellent, however for less $ you can get just as good a meat elsewhere. Very marked-up wine selection and I know as I belong to many wine clubs.Special Features:
- Best Steak ever ateidanerezDined on 10/11/2014They have the best Porterhouse in the world. Ask to seat in the terrace for extraordinary experienceSpecial Features:
- The Best!SWLoverDined on 10/11/2014The best meal I have ever had. This restaurant is the top of my list of reasons to return to Las Vegas. The food was so good, the taste was amazing and the portion were great, too great in fact, I was so full I didn't have room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!KitKatDined on 10/11/2014This is my fav place to eat in Vegas and there are plenty to chose from!! The service is outstanding and the food is pure perfection! I love the atmosphere whether in a large group or a sweet, romantic dinner with hubby! SW goes above and beyond, an experience not to miss!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for fine dinningJeampsDined on 10/10/2014everything from the reception, to the table outside next to the lake, the little shows an the food were absolutelly great!Special Features:
- RhondakSteakloverDined on 10/9/2014I would definitely not recommend their "signature" dish which is the chili cowboy ribeye. It had no sear on it at all and no salt, just some sort of goopy chili flavored stuff. They said it was marinated for 24 hours but the steak had no flavor and was tough. Side order of Brussel sprouts was not seasoned or cooked enough. If your lucky enough to have a table looking out at the fountains, it would be nice...we were not!
- ReviewBoo1Dined on 10/8/2014Food was very good and portions were a decent size. The only thing that was annoying was the constant interruption by service members. I understand they are trying to provide good customer service but if it wasn't the waiter, it was the wine waiter or the water waiter. They were constantly asking us if we needed more wine, food, anything else and it was distracting and affected our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & amazing vegan menuOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/3/2014Hard to believe the best vegan menu my wife has ever seen is at a Vegas steakhouse. She was overjoyed to have real creative vegan dishes to choose from and not just another boring plate of grilled mixed vegetables. Kudos to the Wynn for making the effort to serve both carnivores and vegans and to do it well enough to make both groups happy. The service was outstanding. From the wait staff to the sommelier, everyone was friendly, attentive, and eager to make sure we got what we wanted and were enjoying our evening. Our only complaint would be about the wine. The list is severely overpriced compared to other fine dining place on the Strip. Overall, though, a wonderful experience with great food and service.Special Features:
- DeliciousSharonp1894Dined on 10/3/2014Was there on Friday night a group of 4. We talked about our meal for a couple days. Delicious steaks, side dishes are small but we did not need to eat more. The best Kale salad we have ever tasted. A must. We will return. SW stands for Steve Wynn. The bar area was very nice as well. Don't miss out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific!BrianDined on 10/2/2014Absolutely perfect! After seeing the restaurant, we canceled our other reservations to go to SW. Great job Mr Wynn, your casino and restaurant are truly amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view, better serviceNicidDined on 10/2/2014We Celebrated our anniversary here. Service, food and ambiance top notch. Cannot wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good things in lifeimaginejamesDined on 10/2/2014Experience one of the good things in life at SW - great food, service, view, sound, smell. It's a treat to the senses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dinner!WinenDineDined on 10/2/2014We dined at the SW Steakhouse for the first time. Every aspect was awesome! I would have liked a little larger wine list, but the sommelier made a great suggestion. Will definitely dine there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining with a light showOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014For of us had dinner lakeside. Really enjoyed the experience with the light shows as well as the meal. Recommend the genuine Kobe beef, the cream corn side dish and the cheesecake for dessert. But be prepared for some high prices especially for wine. The restaurant is inside the Wynn Hotel which is absolutely gorgeous and an experience itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterDined on 9/29/2014from Germany for some days in the Wynn Resort and a very charming evening in the steakhouse. Nice place, good athmosphare an a very good service. We come back in 2015.Special Features:
- Best steak!luv2eatDined on 9/27/2014Having dinner at SW was truly a great experience that I would recommend to anyone going to Vegas. We had the best ever Porterhouse steak! Everything we had that evening was awesome. The ambiance, service and food are all a 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING SERVICELA2LVDined on 9/27/2014Our service was great and the food was delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for the great quality of steak they offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion VisitKDH56MinneapolisDined on 9/27/2014SW was no disappointment. We look for that one special place to have dinner at for my GF's B-Day every year we come to Vegas...Quality food, nice environment, fine service....the water falls background was very cool and romantic. Would definetly recommend and consider returning again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio experience!RippikouluDined on 9/22/2014It was our second visit at the SW Steakhouse. This time we wanted to get a table at the patio for an outdoor dining experience. And it worked well. We got a nice table, first row with perfect view. We were surprised when suddenly a spectacular show started with music and the waterfall as a giant screen. During our meal there were 3 different shows. We had a filet which they prepared perfectly. One of the best I ever had. In my opinion some of the bottles in their winelist are overprized. But our choice was well worth the money. Service was without any doubt very good. We would come again.Special Features:
- SW Anniversary Dinnerhoneymoon1Dined on 9/22/2014Though the location was beautiful, service was fantastic and Ambiance was quite nice, we found the food unremarkable. The seafood special appetizer was delicious, but there's not much to say about it. They picked very high quality seafood, but other than that, there was nothing else to note. The Truffle cream corn and Au Gratin potatoes were too over powering for our taste, and the Filet Mignon was mediocre. The filet did have a very nice sear to it with just the right amount of char, but my steak was much more on the rare side than medium rare. I guess I was expecting perfection. It's sad to say, but we've had better. The best part of the meal was the creme brulee. It was fantastic! It was a wonderful evening but we would not return.Special Features:
- Just okayClint1076Dined on 9/20/2014We had a reservation and they got us right in. Great atmosphere. The servers were very attentive. The food, however, was just okay. The foie gras was undercooked (just barely seared). The scallops had an amazing flavor but were served lukewarm. The creole okra was nothing to write home about. Not what I would expect from such a pricey place. I would go back, but only for appetizers and cocktails.Special Features:
- great food, ok servicesharilynDined on 9/20/2014The steak was amazing, so tender. There was a large group of us, everyone loved their food, but the service was not the greatest. When the salads were delivered, they didn't ask if we wanted pepper, they just left. We found the pepper on a side table and did it ourselves, then when we were almost finished, someone came in and asked if we wanted it...a little late there. The manager was so nice and helpful when we checked in, really on top of it. I just wished for over a $100 per person the waitstaff would be worth it.Special Features:
- Perfect DinnertwozcoDined on 9/19/2014Everything one can expect in fine dining. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Dinner with a showLEaKDined on 9/18/2014We arrived early for our dinner reservation and still received the seating we requested, outside by the waterfall show. Thanks to Taylor at the front to help! The food was OUTSTANDING. we ordered a bit too much. Sides at some steakhouses are so small you need a lot, not here. they are very well portioned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SW @ The Wynn is memorableMitchelliniDined on 9/18/2014For four who have never been to the SW Steakhouse, the service is second to none. Yes, we've heard it all before. But until you experience the food and show, the entire night cannot be recorded on a phone; you just have to live it for the moment and enjoy the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegan optionsveganfoodDined on 9/18/2014Steve Wynn - your vegan food menu is the best. It was so nice to eat such excellent food without having to explain to staff what vegan food is. I will be recommending your dining experience to everyone I know - thank you so much for having such great vegan food available. Also you head chef in the buffet was excellent - gave me a full tour of all the vegan buffet food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealDbabyVIPDined on 9/18/2014How are meal here was first rate. The staff and the food was superb. Will look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's not what it use to beCmayVIPDined on 9/17/2014Food quality was not good and meat was over done! Beside its even more expensive that what it use to be !Special Features:
- Wonderful Dinner!BohemianDined on 9/15/2014We just love & enjoy dinning here. Great selection of food, our steaks have always been phenomenal, we've been here about four times & always receive great service. Steaks cooked to perfection. Ambiance is excellent too, perfect & fun dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JvCvVIPDined on 9/15/2014One of the best steak houses in Vegas! The view and ambiance of the restaurant especially the patio is wonderful. Crab cake was tasty along with the fresh bread bought to the table. My scallops were great, my husbands ribeye was good but a little over cooked. Service was great, didnt rush us. We had a special romantic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014one of the best steakhouse's in Vegas. Absolutely beautiful and romanticSpecial Features:
- RusikRuskieDined on 9/13/2014Drinks were okay but definitely not the best I had. We ordered steaks and both were too dry. Overall, the price didn't match the qualitySpecial Features:
- genial, como siempreGuchiDined on 9/13/2014Un lugar no barato, pero espectacular. De los mejores Steak House de las vegas, sino el mejor. Lugar precioso, lindo ambiente.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VicVictorMtzDined on 9/12/2014With reservation we was waiting 35 min for a tableI would recommend this to a friend.
- Escape from Las VegasDiningSF10Dined on 9/12/2014For those who want to eat in an atypical Las Vegas place. Ambiance, food, wait staff very good except grumpy person who sat us.Special Features:
- Best experiance on the strip!Candace55Dined on 9/9/2014It was a very unique and enjoyable dinning Experiance! The food was amazing!Special Features:
- One of the best steaks in Vegas!Love2dineDined on 9/7/2014Wonderful service, delicious food and great atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Wonderful eveningTonomanDined on 9/6/2014We stayed at the Wynn to celebrate my 50th birthday and booked a table at the SW Steakhouse. Asked the concierge to help us land a table in the terrace with good view of the Lake of Dreams....and our request was granted! We ordered some white wine (at a reasonable price for Vegas) along with a chopped salad and a tuna ceviche as appetizers (both wonderful). The bread basket was great too....had to resist the urge to fill up on it and not leave room for the entrees. We had the bone-in rib-eye, perfectly cooked, along with the mac and cheese, the creamed corn and the au gratin potatoes, which proved as great sidekicks to our meat and red wine. Every 30 minutes the Lake of Dreams show distracted us from our food with great entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.