SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas
3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Wynn Las Vegas and Encore
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://wynnlasvegas.com/
- Phone: 7027703325x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner nightly, 5:30 pm to 10:15 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Walzog
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining rooms are available, each accommodating a maximum of 16 guests. When combined as a singular space, groups of up to 38 may be accommodated.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Events 7027702251x
A word from SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas
Star chef David Walzog presents his unique interpretation of the classic American steakhouse along Wynn's Lake of Dreams. As befits a top-notch chophouse, SW offers a selection of expertly charred steaks, including a succulent porterhouse-for-two, New York strip, dry-aged tomahawk chop and Walzog's signature chile-rubbed double cut rib eye. SW also offers a wide variety of seafood and poultry options, and such innovative side dishes as black truffle creamed corn and cipollini onions with charred jalapeno. SW's décor matches its steakhouse-with-a-twist cuisine brilliantly, with a glamorous dining space that glows burnished copper and deep brown, punctuated by floor-to-ceiling windows framing postcard views of the three-acre lakefront and forested mountain. The adjoining open-air dining terrace offers prime views of the multi-media shows of sound, light, video and puppetry that unfold both on the lake and against it's 90-foot tall coursing waterfall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Wynn Las Vegas and Encore ›
SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (156)romantic (125)scenic view (117)great for outdoor dining (108)notable wine list (78)fit for foodies (65)good for groups (41)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (13)neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- TEA SERVICEVicenteDined on 8/25/2014THE WATHER FOR THE TEA WASN´T HOT ENOUGH. EXCEPT FOR THIS, WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE.Special Features:
- Great experience! Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014Food is delicious! Definitely a must during a visit to Vegas! Really impressed, making us speechless! 10 out of 10! Better steakhouses in Vegas. No need to check out the "celebrity" steakhouses, this place is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I had dined at a few other high end places this past weekend and was not overly impressed with the service... the staff at SW treated us awesome, no matter what wait staff was near our table they were there for us :) food was outstanding, wine was great, the show every half hour on the lake was so funSpecial Features:
- Loving the SW SteakhouseDKNYDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I simply loved the SW Steakhouse. It is the best restaurant on the Las Vegas Strip. We shall dine here again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!20yearsMarriedDined on 8/21/2014Went here for 20th Anniversary. Great food, atmosphere, service. You wont be disappointed with SW and the experience wont soon be forgotten. Thanks SW for making our anniversary dinner so nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Vegan friendlyBruceb49Dined on 8/17/2014Food and service was great. Wife enjoyed the vegan menu.Special Features:
- A GREAT EXPERIENCENiceBrunchDined on 8/16/2014I was pleasantly surprised on the service and food. I had read many reviews, some negative on service, and knew my experience could go either way. The day prior to my reservation I called to confirm. When I asked if I could change the time, I was told there were no openings, which was ok. What surprised me was the suggestion from the hostess that if I wanted to change my time, I could perhaps go somewhere else. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. We were asked and seated where we wanted (in view of the waterfall) and the servers were wonderful. Very attentive, patient, and we enjoyed a great repoire. Although the food was great, the atmosphere was superior. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY DISAPPOINTEDThe1stMrsDined on 8/15/2014We had planned a romantic dinner at a very special restaurant while on vacation in Las Vegas. We had found SW Steakhouse last year while walking through Wynn and planned on dining the next time we were in town. The reservations were lost due to the restaurant's computer problems. The staff was very frazzled and were not able to accommodate us. We had reserved a specific table, but were put in the back. We were treated as though we did not have a reservation. The waitstaff mostly ignored us. The food was disappointing. When spending $300 on drinks and a meal, we expect to leave happy and satisfied, not FILLED WITH DISAPPOINTMENT & REGRET!Special Features:
- CdavisCdavisDined on 8/15/2014Amazing restaurant!!! We always celebrate our Anniversary there. Food is amazing, service is amazing and its a beautiful place both inside and out.. Would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.. It has become our new favorite in Vegas. Order the King Crab Legs everyone, you wont find them any better anywhere in Las Vegas.. They are to die for....Special Features:
- Kobe beef is to die forkcolli11Dined on 8/15/2014We came to SW Steakhouse during a recent trip to Vegas because we both read online that it was the only official distributor of Japan's Kobe Beef Council in all of the U.S. So we decided to live a little and pay the exorbitant price to try the real thing. It was amazing. Hands down the best steak I've ever had in my life. The ambiance of the restaurant was very romantic. We sat inside because of the heat, but we had a clear view of the lake and the waterfall while we ate. The staff was very attentive and helpful, quick to answer any questions and offer suggestions.Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Everything was spectacular except the price. The wine list could use some less expensive options as the cheapest bottle was $74.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014A beautiful place to enjoy an outstanding meal with family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014The food was outstanding, the dress code seemed to apply to a select few! There were two patrons in shorts and three in t-shirts and shorts.Special Features:
- Perfect 10MonaLisaDined on 8/11/2014Wonderful experience, romantic birthday dinner with my husband who enjoy his steak. He ordered Bone in Rib Eye Steak, medium rare. The steak was cooked perfect...big size as well. I am vegan and I am truly happy that I could ordered such a delicious meal. Asparagus , mushrooms risotto. Delicious taste. We had spinach and wild mushrooms as side dishes , the best taste ever....Everything was a perfect 10. We had no more room for sweets, so we had some 20 years old Port wine....fantastic taste. The service was outstanding as well. Many thanks to Corry our server. He was attentive, professional , providing us with the best customer service. For a Monday night we were surprised how busy it was, but now I understand why...great food and service.Special Features:
- Memorable experiencejovanlibraDined on 8/10/2014This wasn't my first time at SW and won't be my last. Whether it's the food, ambiance, service, or wine & cocktail selection, everything about this restaurant is perfect. A great experience in a robust city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chili-rubbed rib-eye for twosyncniteDined on 8/10/2014We ordered the chili-rubbed rib-eye for two, and it would have been enough for four people. It was an amazing steak - one of my top five of all time. I had wine by the glass - a Cab from Sonoma County, which paired perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/10/2014It's a very sleek looking restaurant with very good food. It was one of the better, but not the best, steaks I've had in Vegas. We were a little underwhelmed with dessert and found the service good, but a little rushed (possibly because we're not heavy drinkers?) Everyone was nice and friendly and there was nothing wrong with the experience - it was a solidly good meal.
- Anniversary dinner..Ali1127Dined on 8/10/2014Beautifull setting, great food but service was lacking, went to celebrate our Anniversary (mentioned when made reservation) and got a nice table but zero attention from servers, we had to pour our own wine all throughout dinner.Special Features:
- TableSgrynDined on 8/9/2014They didn't give me the area where i asked in my reservation to be seated. That makes a completely difference in this type of restaurants. Very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great-Not accomodating- localsMichelleDined on 8/9/2014Food was fantastic, the bass was perhaps the best I have ever had - seared in skin the meat was delicate, moist and the sauce was a welcome - not heavy and overtaking. The Veal Chop was thick but not overcooked. The only issue - seating. We are LV locals and when we arrived early for our reservation, no one else was at the check in-we asked for an outside table near the water feature (5:30pm no tables had been sat yet as they opened at this point-this was the only reservation time left so we had no choice for a later time). Unfortunately, we got sat in the 'back of the bus' near the restaurant window-in the rear of the patio-while during our entire meal a 2-person table remained vacated where we had requested(near the water feature).Special Features:
- Boyfriends 30th BirthdayBirthdaySuccessDined on 8/8/2014Great experience, even lost pen I bought boyfriend as a gift and it was turned in next day to the hostess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meh...ahawkeyeguyDined on 8/8/2014We are big foodies. Dropped 800 for 4 of us and it was just ok. Service was great but the food was very underwhelming. It was VERY noisy. We had the bone in ribeye, fillet, lobster pasta and lamb shanks. ALL were just ok. A gratin potatos were great, lobster gnocchi ok, the tartare was decent and the torchon was good. Dessert was like something from Applebee's. We have frequented l'atelier, craft steak, docg, etc. All are better food and equal service. Save your money.Special Features:
- Finally had enough!WorldwideDinerDined on 8/6/2014We are often in Las Vegas and always make it a point to go to SW Steakhouse. For the life of me I don't know why...except we like to dine outside and enjoy the show. Over the past 3 years the staff has become more and more rude. This trip was definitely our last. When our friend asked if we could move to a table by the water, explaining that we come here often, always request a table by the water but never get one - and since the restaurant was almost empty, we thought it might be a good time to ask. The waiter not only told us no but asked my guest what he was going to do about it! We explained we lost our appetite and left. To be completely honest, there is better food all over town! For less $ and much better attitudes.Special Features:
- great foodjoanDined on 8/5/2014We enjoyed our dinner, however felt that our waiter was not very attentive. Since we could see the wait staff station and watch him joking with others, we were probably right! Perhaps it was the proximity to their station. The assistant staff were great. I do feel it was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. The food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, not greatpeterDined on 8/3/2014The steak was very good, rib-eye. However the sides were very boring and lacked flavour , sprouts and puree potatoes.
- Special nighthappycoupleDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I celebrated our 12 year Wedding Anniversary by booking a reservation at SW Steakhouse. It was our first time dining there and we must say the experience was amazing! Everything from the customer service to the food was exceptional, hats off to the entire SW Steakhouse staff for a job well done. We look for forward to dining there again in the very near future :-) V/R Mark & Erickia ThompsonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and comfortableEricA35Dined on 8/1/2014The SW was everything we hoped and more. Starting with the hostess, who verified our plans after dinner which was a great first step. The food was spectacular, Steak cooked perfectly and my wife raved about the Kale salad for a day. Very elegant but never felt uncomfortable or stuffy. Will be back on next visit to Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine steak restaurant.MarinerDined on 8/1/2014Similar to menus in other well known steak houses, everything is a la carte. One person cannot expect to consume any single side dish, so they should be shared. The food is great and my wife insists that I bring her back. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceRichDined on 7/31/2014Enjoyed a terrific dinner at SW. First class service and incredible food. The staff made us feel very comfortable from the time we walked in and throughout our visit. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Er1714VIPDined on 7/30/2014105 degrees outside, so my wife and I decide it's better to eat inside. To our amazement, the restaurant decided to keep all the outside glass walls open. Nothing is more enjoyable than a nice cool 105 degree breeze hitting you in the face while eating a steak- paradise!! Complements to the "brain surgeon" who decided to open the doors.
- wow, wow, wowJrayKDined on 7/28/2014Exquisite in every way... from the amazing bread selections (baked fresh daily on the Wynn property), to the mouth-watering king crab and filet mignon, you really can't go wrong at SW. Just a fantastic meal and experience. In terms of Vegas steakhouses, I've only been to Prime at Bellagio, which is excellent in its own right, but I put SW a cut above and on par with Mastro's in Beverly Hills. Highly, highly recommended. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great 1st experienceHowecafeDined on 7/27/2014Amazing service, food and atmosphere. Can't wait to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, Opulent, and Classy!SWaddictDined on 7/26/2014My boyfriend and I ate here for his birthday and he was overwhelmed by the entire experience!! I absolutely love the SW Steakhouse dining experience!Special Features:
- Steak disappointingMarciaDined on 7/26/2014We were big fans of SW Steakhouse, having eaten there at least three times in the past. But this last time was below par. There were four people in our party, two of them new to Las Vegas. One of the steaks was overcooked and had to be sent back (we got medium instead of medium rare-to-rare), and two of the steaks were very dry. Definitely not up to SW standards. Also, when we asked to have the one steak sent back, the server made it quite clear how annoyed he was with our request. We're not complainers, but at those prices, we should expect more. Also, although we booked a month in advance, our special request for lake-side seating was ignored. So all in all, a disappointing (and expensive) evening.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The best steak i ever had.Plus the service was great.Special Features:
- great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014I took my girlfriend to her birthday dinner here and had one of the best times with her here and the food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/20/2014Food is always amazing. It's best to order just one side if only 2 of you for dinner. Steak itself is filling.Special Features:
- Turned AwayJenTVIPDined on 7/20/2014I booked this far in advanced and was quite excited about it. I verified the reservation before going. It was 106 degrees that evening so my friend wore a white linen shirt with navy blue linen shorts. We went and the host or possible Manager asked me if we were staying in the hotel and I said no. He said "did they tell you when you made the reservation that we don't allow shorts" and I said no. He said I apologize, you can go into the mall to buy a pair of pants or you can go next door. He said the place next door has the same Chef. We were still standing there when a group of men came in and he just left us to go greet them, he was all over them. We ended up going to CUT and it was so relish. The service was great.
- ElizabethMajgirlVIPDined on 7/16/2014Wonderful evening... Show was spectacular during dinner! Food was fabulous , steak was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014My wife and I were impressed with everything about this restaurant. The service, food, and view were amazing. Alan, our waiter, was great conversation and made the experience that much better. We've never had an experience like this before and strongly recommend this place to anyone looking for that special evening. And to top it off, the Wynn Hotel's decoration and ambiance are unparalleled. I can not put into words the impression this hotel left my wife and I. I had steak, of course, with a side lobster tail while my wife had the lamp chops. She couldn't stop raving about her meal while I couldn't get over the lobster. I realize this was a steakhouse, but the lobster was unbelievable. Homerun Mr. Wynn, homerun.Special Features: