SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas
3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Wynn Las Vegas and Encore
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://wynnlasvegas.com/
- Phone: 7027703325x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner nightly, 5:30 pm to 10:15 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Walzog
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining rooms are available, each accommodating a maximum of 16 guests. When combined as a singular space, groups of up to 38 may be accommodated.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Events 7027702251x
A word from SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas
Star chef David Walzog presents his unique interpretation of the classic American steakhouse along Wynn's Lake of Dreams. As befits a top-notch chophouse, SW offers a selection of expertly charred steaks, including a succulent porterhouse-for-two, New York strip, dry-aged tomahawk chop and Walzog's signature chile-rubbed double cut rib eye. SW also offers a wide variety of seafood and poultry options, and such innovative side dishes as black truffle creamed corn and cipollini onions with charred jalapeno. SW's décor matches its steakhouse-with-a-twist cuisine brilliantly, with a glamorous dining space that glows burnished copper and deep brown, punctuated by floor-to-ceiling windows framing postcard views of the three-acre lakefront and forested mountain. The adjoining open-air dining terrace offers prime views of the multi-media shows of sound, light, video and puppetry that unfold both on the lake and against it's 90-foot tall coursing waterfall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Wynn Las Vegas and Encore ›
SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
224 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (167)scenic view (134)romantic (132)great for outdoor dining (121)notable wine list (88)fit for foodies (77)good for groups (45)hot spot (36)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- JvCvVIPDined on 9/15/2014One of the best steak houses in Vegas! The view and ambiance of the restaurant especially the patio is wonderful. Crab cake was tasty along with the fresh bread bought to the table. My scallops were great, my husbands ribeye was good but a little over cooked. Service was great, didnt rush us. We had a special romantic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014one of the best steakhouse's in Vegas. Absolutely beautiful and romanticSpecial Features:
- RusikRuskieDined on 9/13/2014Drinks were okay but definitely not the best I had. We ordered steaks and both were too dry. Overall, the price didn't match the qualitySpecial Features:
- genial, como siempreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Un lugar no barato, pero espectacular. De los mejores Steak House de las vegas, sino el mejor. Lugar precioso, lindo ambiente.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014With reservation we was waiting 35 min for a tableI would recommend this to a friend.
- Escape from Las VegasDiningSF10Dined on 9/12/2014For those who want to eat in an atypical Las Vegas place. Ambiance, food, wait staff very good except grumpy person who sat us.Special Features:
- Best experiance on the strip!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014It was a very unique and enjoyable dinning Experiance! The food was amazing!Special Features:
- One of the best steaks in Vegas!Love2dineDined on 9/7/2014Wonderful service, delicious food and great atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Wonderful eveningTonomanDined on 9/6/2014We stayed at the Wynn to celebrate my 50th birthday and booked a table at the SW Steakhouse. Asked the concierge to help us land a table in the terrace with good view of the Lake of Dreams....and our request was granted! We ordered some white wine (at a reasonable price for Vegas) along with a chopped salad and a tuna ceviche as appetizers (both wonderful). The bread basket was great too....had to resist the urge to fill up on it and not leave room for the entrees. We had the bone-in rib-eye, perfectly cooked, along with the mac and cheese, the creamed corn and the au gratin potatoes, which proved as great sidekicks to our meat and red wine. Every 30 minutes the Lake of Dreams show distracted us from our food with great entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-free friendlyKimRDined on 9/6/2014This was the first place in my Open Table experience that took note of my comment re. needing gluten-free options when I booked the table. They are very gluten aware and were proactive about providing GF options, including a GF bread basket. I was very impressed. In fact all of the restaurants in the Wynn are very supportive of my GF needs. Bravo, Wynn! Wish more hotels were like you, it would make traveling so much more relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Main CourselovethebreadDined on 9/5/2014Everything were excellent except for the main course.It was a wild Salmon.I found it salty.Special Features:
- RomanticPinkylovesfoodDined on 9/3/2014The food was excellent. Everything was delicious and the staff was incredibly accomodating. Celebrate your anniversary in an amazing place with a romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceEatwellDined on 9/3/2014This was our first time at the SW and from the moment we walked in until we left it was class A service. They every effort to make sure we were satisfied with the location of our table. The food was phenomenal and served with great presentation. I have tweeted and Facebooked our fabulous experience. I also included photos of our wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodforakingandhisqueenDined on 9/2/2014Service, food excellent for romantic dinner worth every penny for special occasionSpecial Features:
- My steak was cooked perfect.StlHugryDined on 9/2/2014Our steaks were perfect. The waiter could have paid more attention, but overall we had a good diner togetherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!CajunmanDined on 8/31/2014Sat outside on the terrace and had a great evening at 9:30pm. Food, service and atmosphere perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectGreatEatsDined on 8/30/2014Chili Ribbed Ribeye was just phenomenal. Cooked to perfection and exquisitely season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome except for the smokeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Wife's Birthday. A romantic evening. It had everything. Great food. Great service. Great ambience. Unfortunately the jerk sitting their smoking on the table next to us ruined it. If you like dining outdoors on a terrace overlooking a beautiful setting - take an oxygen mask. Thinking I had found an oasis in my home town I was quickly reminded it was a casino where pandering to the "needs" of gamblers takes precedence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor customer serviceDisappointedDined on 8/30/2014We had at several servers so it was a little confusing. The female waitress that had taken our orders needs to have better customer service skills we had to ask for our bread....several customers had come in after us and they already had bread at their table and their order had already been taken...can help but think that maybe we were only three females at our table. Waitress standing in back of us talking to another employee at least ten minutes while we were waiting for our check. I had to ask the gentleman who was very attentive in filling our water glasses to please get our waitress attention so we could pay. I called the banger after we arrived home but they said it was busy and they would call me back....they never did.Special Features:
- Out of this world!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014I did feel like I was in another world with the show facing a lagoon and all the animations that went along with. The food was outstanding. We enjoyed everything about the experience.Special Features:
- First class steak houseshadowfateDined on 8/27/2014Wonderful meal, great service, can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- TEA SERVICEVicenteDined on 8/25/2014THE WATHER FOR THE TEA WASN´T HOT ENOUGH. EXCEPT FOR THIS, WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE.Special Features:
- Wow, great food, but EXPENSIVEOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/25/2014The food was excellent, the presentation super, but boy was this overpricedSpecial Features:
- Great experience! Highly recommendlotsophieDined on 8/25/2014Food is delicious! Definitely a must during a visit to Vegas! Really impressed, making us speechless! 10 out of 10! Better steakhouses in Vegas. No need to check out the "celebrity" steakhouses, this place is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- toonstoonsDined on 8/25/2014It is a beautiful restaurant. The food is excellent. We were seated outdoors, with a beautiful setting. The food is delicious. Our server though was lagging. He and the rest of the staff disappeared throughout our dinner. We had to ask for everything. Water refills, more butter, even a pen to sign for the check as we were staying at the Encore. We waited longer for the check and pen than our dinner. Hopefully it was an off night. Also I hate when they have a dress code, meaning they specifically tell you no shorts and then of course parading in is some guy with shorts, he must have had enough pull as they didn't turn him away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backjojoonthetownDined on 8/24/2014I had dined at a few other high end places this past weekend and was not overly impressed with the service... the staff at SW treated us awesome, no matter what wait staff was near our table they were there for us :) food was outstanding, wine was great, the show every half hour on the lake was so funSpecial Features:
- Loving the SW SteakhouseDKNYDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I simply loved the SW Steakhouse. It is the best restaurant on the Las Vegas Strip. We shall dine here again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!20yearsMarriedDined on 8/21/2014Went here for 20th Anniversary. Great food, atmosphere, service. You wont be disappointed with SW and the experience wont soon be forgotten. Thanks SW for making our anniversary dinner so nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Vegan friendlyBruceb49Dined on 8/17/2014Food and service was great. Wife enjoyed the vegan menu.Special Features:
- A GREAT EXPERIENCENiceBrunchDined on 8/16/2014I was pleasantly surprised on the service and food. I had read many reviews, some negative on service, and knew my experience could go either way. The day prior to my reservation I called to confirm. When I asked if I could change the time, I was told there were no openings, which was ok. What surprised me was the suggestion from the hostess that if I wanted to change my time, I could perhaps go somewhere else. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. We were asked and seated where we wanted (in view of the waterfall) and the servers were wonderful. Very attentive, patient, and we enjoyed a great repoire. Although the food was great, the atmosphere was superior. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY DISAPPOINTEDThe1stMrsDined on 8/15/2014We had planned a romantic dinner at a very special restaurant while on vacation in Las Vegas. We had found SW Steakhouse last year while walking through Wynn and planned on dining the next time we were in town. The reservations were lost due to the restaurant's computer problems. The staff was very frazzled and were not able to accommodate us. We had reserved a specific table, but were put in the back. We were treated as though we did not have a reservation. The waitstaff mostly ignored us. The food was disappointing. When spending $300 on drinks and a meal, we expect to leave happy and satisfied, not FILLED WITH DISAPPOINTMENT & REGRET!Special Features:
- CdavisCdavisDined on 8/15/2014Amazing restaurant!!! We always celebrate our Anniversary there. Food is amazing, service is amazing and its a beautiful place both inside and out.. Would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.. It has become our new favorite in Vegas. Order the King Crab Legs everyone, you wont find them any better anywhere in Las Vegas.. They are to die for....Special Features:
- Kobe beef is to die forkcolli11Dined on 8/15/2014We came to SW Steakhouse during a recent trip to Vegas because we both read online that it was the only official distributor of Japan's Kobe Beef Council in all of the U.S. So we decided to live a little and pay the exorbitant price to try the real thing. It was amazing. Hands down the best steak I've ever had in my life. The ambiance of the restaurant was very romantic. We sat inside because of the heat, but we had a clear view of the lake and the waterfall while we ate. The staff was very attentive and helpful, quick to answer any questions and offer suggestions.Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Everything was spectacular except the price. The wine list could use some less expensive options as the cheapest bottle was $74.Special Features:
- Good, but not worth the pricesmamagugDined on 8/12/2014We made reservations here based on the outstanding reviews, and none of us were impressed. The steak was good, but not deserving of the high prices (even in Vegas). My husband ordered shrimp scampi to go with his steak, and it didn't help that they forgot to bring them out with the meal, but he said that they just weren't good and ended up not even eating them. It's fine dining, but to the point of being stuffy. The restaurant is classy, and there's a great view of the waterfall through the windows, but I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014A beautiful place to enjoy an outstanding meal with family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014The food was outstanding, the dress code seemed to apply to a select few! There were two patrons in shorts and three in t-shirts and shorts.Special Features:
- Perfect 10MonaLisaDined on 8/11/2014Wonderful experience, romantic birthday dinner with my husband who enjoy his steak. He ordered Bone in Rib Eye Steak, medium rare. The steak was cooked perfect...big size as well. I am vegan and I am truly happy that I could ordered such a delicious meal. Asparagus , mushrooms risotto. Delicious taste. We had spinach and wild mushrooms as side dishes , the best taste ever....Everything was a perfect 10. We had no more room for sweets, so we had some 20 years old Port wine....fantastic taste. The service was outstanding as well. Many thanks to Corry our server. He was attentive, professional , providing us with the best customer service. For a Monday night we were surprised how busy it was, but now I understand why...great food and service.Special Features:
- Memorable experiencejovanlibraDined on 8/10/2014This wasn't my first time at SW and won't be my last. Whether it's the food, ambiance, service, or wine & cocktail selection, everything about this restaurant is perfect. A great experience in a robust city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chili-rubbed rib-eye for twosyncniteDined on 8/10/2014We ordered the chili-rubbed rib-eye for two, and it would have been enough for four people. It was an amazing steak - one of my top five of all time. I had wine by the glass - a Cab from Sonoma County, which paired perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.