SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas
3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Wynn Las Vegas and Encore
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://wynnlasvegas.com/
- Phone: 7027703325x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner nightly, 5:30 pm to 10:15 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Walzog
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining rooms are available, each accommodating a maximum of 16 guests. When combined as a singular space, groups of up to 38 may be accommodated.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Events 7027702251x
A word from SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas
Star chef David Walzog presents his unique interpretation of the classic American steakhouse along Wynn's Lake of Dreams. As befits a top-notch chophouse, SW offers a selection of expertly charred steaks, including a succulent porterhouse-for-two, New York strip, dry-aged tomahawk chop and Walzog's signature chile-rubbed double cut rib eye. SW also offers a wide variety of seafood and poultry options, and such innovative side dishes as black truffle creamed corn and cipollini onions with charred jalapeno. SW's décor matches its steakhouse-with-a-twist cuisine brilliantly, with a glamorous dining space that glows burnished copper and deep brown, punctuated by floor-to-ceiling windows framing postcard views of the three-acre lakefront and forested mountain. The adjoining open-air dining terrace offers prime views of the multi-media shows of sound, light, video and puppetry that unfold both on the lake and against it's 90-foot tall coursing waterfall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Wynn Las Vegas and Encore ›
SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
221 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (165)scenic view (132)romantic (127)great for outdoor dining (119)notable wine list (88)fit for foodies (74)good for groups (43)hot spot (38)late-night find (13)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Best steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Having dinner at SW was truly a great experience that I would recommend to anyone going to Vegas. We had the best ever Porterhouse steak! Everything we had that evening was awesome. The ambiance, service and food are all a 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Our service was great and the food was delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for the great quality of steak they offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion VisitKDH56MinneapolisDined on 9/27/2014SW was no disappointment. We look for that one special place to have dinner at for my GF's B-Day every year we come to Vegas...Quality food, nice environment, fine service....the water falls background was very cool and romantic. Would definetly recommend and consider returning again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SW Anniversary Dinnerhoneymoon1Dined on 9/22/2014Though the location was beautiful, service was fantastic and Ambiance was quite nice, we found the food unremarkable. The seafood special appetizer was delicious, but there's not much to say about it. They picked very high quality seafood, but other than that, there was nothing else to note. The Truffle cream corn and Au Gratin potatoes were too over powering for our taste, and the Filet Mignon was mediocre. The filet did have a very nice sear to it with just the right amount of char, but my steak was much more on the rare side than medium rare. I guess I was expecting perfection. It's sad to say, but we've had better. The best part of the meal was the creme brulee. It was fantastic! It was a wonderful evening but we would not return.Special Features:
- Just okayClint1076Dined on 9/20/2014We had a reservation and they got us right in. Great atmosphere. The servers were very attentive. The food, however, was just okay. The foie gras was undercooked (just barely seared). The scallops had an amazing flavor but were served lukewarm. The creole okra was nothing to write home about. Not what I would expect from such a pricey place. I would go back, but only for appetizers and cocktails.Special Features:
- great food, ok servicesharilynDined on 9/20/2014The steak was amazing, so tender. There was a large group of us, everyone loved their food, but the service was not the greatest. When the salads were delivered, they didn't ask if we wanted pepper, they just left. We found the pepper on a side table and did it ourselves, then when we were almost finished, someone came in and asked if we wanted it...a little late there. The manager was so nice and helpful when we checked in, really on top of it. I just wished for over a $100 per person the waitstaff would be worth it.Special Features:
- Perfect DinnertwozcoDined on 9/19/2014Everything one can expect in fine dining. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Dinner with a showLEaKDined on 9/18/2014We arrived early for our dinner reservation and still received the seating we requested, outside by the waterfall show. Thanks to Taylor at the front to help! The food was OUTSTANDING. we ordered a bit too much. Sides at some steakhouses are so small you need a lot, not here. they are very well portioned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SW @ The Wynn is memorableMitchelliniDined on 9/18/2014For four who have never been to the SW Steakhouse, the service is second to none. Yes, we've heard it all before. But until you experience the food and show, the entire night cannot be recorded on a phone; you just have to live it for the moment and enjoy the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealDbabyVIPDined on 9/18/2014How are meal here was first rate. The staff and the food was superb. Will look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's not what it use to beCmayVIPDined on 9/17/2014Food quality was not good and meat was over done! Beside its even more expensive that what it use to be !Special Features:
- Wonderful Dinner!BohemianDined on 9/15/2014We just love & enjoy dinning here. Great selection of food, our steaks have always been phenomenal, we've been here about four times & always receive great service. Steaks cooked to perfection. Ambiance is excellent too, perfect & fun dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JvCvVIPDined on 9/15/2014One of the best steak houses in Vegas! The view and ambiance of the restaurant especially the patio is wonderful. Crab cake was tasty along with the fresh bread bought to the table. My scallops were great, my husbands ribeye was good but a little over cooked. Service was great, didnt rush us. We had a special romantic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014one of the best steakhouse's in Vegas. Absolutely beautiful and romanticSpecial Features:
- RusikRuskieDined on 9/13/2014Drinks were okay but definitely not the best I had. We ordered steaks and both were too dry. Overall, the price didn't match the qualitySpecial Features:
- genial, como siempreGuchiDined on 9/13/2014Un lugar no barato, pero espectacular. De los mejores Steak House de las vegas, sino el mejor. Lugar precioso, lindo ambiente.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VicVictorMtzDined on 9/12/2014With reservation we was waiting 35 min for a tableI would recommend this to a friend.
- Escape from Las VegasDiningSF10Dined on 9/12/2014For those who want to eat in an atypical Las Vegas place. Ambiance, food, wait staff very good except grumpy person who sat us.Special Features:
- Best experiance on the strip!Candace55Dined on 9/9/2014It was a very unique and enjoyable dinning Experiance! The food was amazing!Special Features:
- One of the best steaks in Vegas!Love2dineDined on 9/7/2014Wonderful service, delicious food and great atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Wonderful eveningTonomanDined on 9/6/2014We stayed at the Wynn to celebrate my 50th birthday and booked a table at the SW Steakhouse. Asked the concierge to help us land a table in the terrace with good view of the Lake of Dreams....and our request was granted! We ordered some white wine (at a reasonable price for Vegas) along with a chopped salad and a tuna ceviche as appetizers (both wonderful). The bread basket was great too....had to resist the urge to fill up on it and not leave room for the entrees. We had the bone-in rib-eye, perfectly cooked, along with the mac and cheese, the creamed corn and the au gratin potatoes, which proved as great sidekicks to our meat and red wine. Every 30 minutes the Lake of Dreams show distracted us from our food with great entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-free friendlyKimRDined on 9/6/2014This was the first place in my Open Table experience that took note of my comment re. needing gluten-free options when I booked the table. They are very gluten aware and were proactive about providing GF options, including a GF bread basket. I was very impressed. In fact all of the restaurants in the Wynn are very supportive of my GF needs. Bravo, Wynn! Wish more hotels were like you, it would make traveling so much more relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Main CourselovethebreadDined on 9/5/2014Everything were excellent except for the main course.It was a wild Salmon.I found it salty.Special Features:
- RomanticPinkylovesfoodDined on 9/3/2014The food was excellent. Everything was delicious and the staff was incredibly accomodating. Celebrate your anniversary in an amazing place with a romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceEatwellDined on 9/3/2014This was our first time at the SW and from the moment we walked in until we left it was class A service. They every effort to make sure we were satisfied with the location of our table. The food was phenomenal and served with great presentation. I have tweeted and Facebooked our fabulous experience. I also included photos of our wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodforakingandhisqueenDined on 9/2/2014Service, food excellent for romantic dinner worth every penny for special occasionSpecial Features:
- My steak was cooked perfect.StlHugryDined on 9/2/2014Our steaks were perfect. The waiter could have paid more attention, but overall we had a good diner togetherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!CajunmanDined on 8/31/2014Sat outside on the terrace and had a great evening at 9:30pm. Food, service and atmosphere perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectGreatEatsDined on 8/30/2014Chili Ribbed Ribeye was just phenomenal. Cooked to perfection and exquisitely season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome except for the smokeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Wife's Birthday. A romantic evening. It had everything. Great food. Great service. Great ambience. Unfortunately the jerk sitting their smoking on the table next to us ruined it. If you like dining outdoors on a terrace overlooking a beautiful setting - take an oxygen mask. Thinking I had found an oasis in my home town I was quickly reminded it was a casino where pandering to the "needs" of gamblers takes precedence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor customer serviceDisappointedDined on 8/30/2014We had at several servers so it was a little confusing. The female waitress that had taken our orders needs to have better customer service skills we had to ask for our bread....several customers had come in after us and they already had bread at their table and their order had already been taken...can help but think that maybe we were only three females at our table. Waitress standing in back of us talking to another employee at least ten minutes while we were waiting for our check. I had to ask the gentleman who was very attentive in filling our water glasses to please get our waitress attention so we could pay. I called the banger after we arrived home but they said it was busy and they would call me back....they never did.Special Features:
- Out of this world!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014I did feel like I was in another world with the show facing a lagoon and all the animations that went along with. The food was outstanding. We enjoyed everything about the experience.Special Features:
- First class steak houseshadowfateDined on 8/27/2014Wonderful meal, great service, can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- TEA SERVICEVicenteDined on 8/25/2014THE WATHER FOR THE TEA WASN´T HOT ENOUGH. EXCEPT FOR THIS, WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE.Special Features:
- Wow, great food, but EXPENSIVEOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/25/2014The food was excellent, the presentation super, but boy was this overpricedSpecial Features:
- Great experience! Highly recommendlotsophieDined on 8/25/2014Food is delicious! Definitely a must during a visit to Vegas! Really impressed, making us speechless! 10 out of 10! Better steakhouses in Vegas. No need to check out the "celebrity" steakhouses, this place is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- toonstoonsDined on 8/25/2014It is a beautiful restaurant. The food is excellent. We were seated outdoors, with a beautiful setting. The food is delicious. Our server though was lagging. He and the rest of the staff disappeared throughout our dinner. We had to ask for everything. Water refills, more butter, even a pen to sign for the check as we were staying at the Encore. We waited longer for the check and pen than our dinner. Hopefully it was an off night. Also I hate when they have a dress code, meaning they specifically tell you no shorts and then of course parading in is some guy with shorts, he must have had enough pull as they didn't turn him away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backjojoonthetownDined on 8/24/2014I had dined at a few other high end places this past weekend and was not overly impressed with the service... the staff at SW treated us awesome, no matter what wait staff was near our table they were there for us :) food was outstanding, wine was great, the show every half hour on the lake was so funSpecial Features:
- Loving the SW SteakhouseDKNYDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I simply loved the SW Steakhouse. It is the best restaurant on the Las Vegas Strip. We shall dine here again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!20yearsMarriedDined on 8/21/2014Went here for 20th Anniversary. Great food, atmosphere, service. You wont be disappointed with SW and the experience wont soon be forgotten. Thanks SW for making our anniversary dinner so nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.