SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas
3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Wynn Las Vegas and Encore
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://wynnlasvegas.com/
- Phone: (702) 770-3325
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner nightly, 5:30 pm to 10:15 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Walzog
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining rooms are available, each accommodating a maximum of 16 guests. When combined as a singular space, groups of up to 38 may be accommodated.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Events 7027702251x
A word from SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas
Star chef David Walzog presents his unique interpretation of the classic American steakhouse along Wynn's Lake of Dreams. As befits a top-notch chophouse, SW offers a selection of expertly charred steaks, including a succulent porterhouse-for-two, New York strip, dry-aged tomahawk chop and Walzog's signature chile-rubbed double cut rib eye. SW also offers a wide variety of seafood and poultry options, and such innovative side dishes as black truffle creamed corn and cipollini onions with charred jalapeno. SW's décor matches its steakhouse-with-a-twist cuisine brilliantly, with a glamorous dining space that glows burnished copper and deep brown, punctuated by floor-to-ceiling windows framing postcard views of the three-acre lakefront and forested mountain. The adjoining open-air dining terrace offers prime views of the multi-media shows of sound, light, video and puppetry that unfold both on the lake and against it's 90-foot tall coursing waterfall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Wynn Las Vegas and Encore ›
SW Steakhouse - Wynn Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (166)great for outdoor dining (137)scenic view (126)romantic (122)fit for foodies (97)notable wine list (92)hot spot (52)good for groups (48)late-night find (19)vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Best dinner spot in las vegasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014Best place I have ever had dinner and I sent a request to make it special for my wedding night and they a rose to the challenge even adding a personal touch to the desert dish with congratulations on the plate in chocolate. ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Dinner!!GolfgirlVIPDined on 11/23/2014We had a great dinner at SW, I would definitely recommend it to anyone- very good service, food was excellent nice ambiance. Loved the funnel cake dessert:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fitting exclamation at our trips endPablodogDined on 11/23/2014After another epic guys weekend in Vegas,we ended our trip here. The lakeside dining was pleasant and entertaining. Unbelievable food. Will have to bring the wife here next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceFoodieDined on 11/22/2014we saw our waiter once- when he took our order. It was clear when we ordered that since we only ordered one side to split and an entree each that this was not going to be a large enough tip for him. We never saw him again, even when he walked by the table numerous times he didn't even look our way terrible service, decent food, small bar lacking ambiance.
- EASILY best steak in LV! But reserve early!ovalmanDined on 11/21/2014The food here was top notch, from the Foie Gras opener to the Perfectly seasoned and cooked wet aged New York Strip. Easily the best steak I have had in Las Vegas, and perhaps the best I've had period. Sides were delicious, atmosphere outside was great, and service matched the quality of the rest. Will rave to all my friends, and will absolutely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014Gorgeous meal sat right beside the Lake of Dreams. Service was excellent and the food was beyond expectations. Was expensive but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceJJMFoodieDined on 11/20/2014After coming to Las Vegas at least once a year for the past 10 years, we finally decided to try this restaurant, because my wife was in the mood for steaks this trip. What an exquisite find. We both had the filet (she got the 9 oz.; I got the 12 oz.), and ordered a side of mushrooms for them. The food was outstanding, from the rolls to the entrees. The steaks, and the sides, were the best we've had in years, and we eat out regularly and all across the country at high-end restaurants (e.g., NYC, Chicago, LA, SF, Kansas City, DC, Vegas, etc.) And the location, with the pool and the waterfall, provide an incredibly romantic setting. This has now become a must-stop every time we come out here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience on 11.19.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014This has been my 3rd time dining at this restaurant. The last two visit, were with our Company for a group of 17 Matradee,Special Features:
- GreatMoniDined on 11/16/2014Bone in Ribeye was amazing so was the black truffle creamed corn. I had the house red wine perfect choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always have a great time!VegasDined on 11/14/2014One of my favorite restaurants in Las Vegas , in one of the best hotels in Las Vegas, will return for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dvandentopDined on 11/14/2014Try to plan ahead to eat here to get patio seatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you get what you pay forOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/13/2014SW is an amazing steakhouse. I had the smallest of the filets mid rare and it might have been the best filet I've ever had. Other highlights were the pretzel rolls, the Caesar salad, and I had the jalapeño/onion side. It's vibrant but not too noisy. Good wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as alwaysRosaDined on 11/12/2014Have dined here a couple of times and this time was as usual, perfect attentive service, perfect rib eye, great view-everything was perfect. the pretzel bread is amazing. definitely one of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with SWDNRBVIPDined on 11/11/2014We went to SW on the recommendation of friends, but sadly, our $450+meal was an overall disappointment. The service was good, and the Chilli Rubbed Bone-in Ribeye was too, but their famous Chopped Salad was uneventful and too vinegary, and the Mac and Cheese was not nearly as good as Morton's. The Toasted Coconut Cake, while beautifully presented, was the low point. I've never met a dessert I didn't like, but I had three tiny bites and left the rest of this concoction because it was so tasteless. There are too many other really good restaurant experiences in Las Vegas, I suggest you skip SW.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/11/2014The restaurant is located in a very nice area with a view of the pond. Seating by the pond was very romantic, and the singing frog was a delight. Service was impeccable, and the food lived up to its reputation. I highly recommend the restaurant to anyone visiting Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded my expectations.TravelingMan64Dined on 11/10/2014Both the food and service were impeccable. The beauty of this restaurant as well as the ambiance were amazing. Can't imagine how this could be improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ExperienceFoodcriticDined on 11/10/2014SW truly combines the best of fine dining in Las Vegas; excellent service, a wonderful wine list, and a warm inviting ambience to match. I highly recommend it to those who value a quality experience.Special Features:
- Great TimeSkipp005Dined on 11/10/2014SW was great! We sat outside on the patio & it's a great view. The waterfall is spectacular with great entertainment. I tried the Kobe beef. It was good, but I didn't think it was worth the money. We also got the filet & it was very very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great filets!WhineDined on 11/8/2014All in all fabulous food. Only negative-wines were marked up a too much. If the restaurant standard is 2-2.5x, SW was in the 3.5x or greater range, so it appeared.Special Features:
- Terrific!RedribbbonsDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I love staying at Wynn and decided to try out SW for our anniversary dinner. I made the reservation via open table about a month in advance for a Saturday night. I didn't request a table outside. The day of -my husband told me I should have so we could see the show. I just called them that day and they said they didn't reserve outside tables but would make a note of our preferences. Well, we got an an AMAZING table outside and everything about our experience was terrific! Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazing. Best food I have ever had.Laurencallan301Dined on 11/8/2014Corey served us he was fantastic. We went for my brothers 21st birthday, they brought him out a little cake and they remembered his name throughout. Even when he went through doors they all wished him a happy birthday. Food like I say was amazing. Loved sitting outside. Perfect in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the BestBelleDined on 11/7/2014You will definitely need reservations to get a table at SW so be sure to plan ahead! This was our second visit to SW and we were just as pleased as the first time. The food is out of this world... what they do with simple dishes like creamed corn or mushrooms is amazing. The ceviche was delightfully refreshing and the steaks are like nothing you will find anywhere else. Having a restaurant so close to the Lake of Dreams is genius, it really transports you directly in to the world of the Wynn. We cannot wait to return again and again to our favorite restaurant in all of Las Vegas!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service issuesTomfromphxDined on 11/7/2014Have been to SW many times. The service and food are usually what you would expect from a place of this caliber. My wife and I were seated after a 15 minute wait which was acceptable given the later hour of our reservation. Once seated, the waiter came and provided a wine list and menus. We waited 20 minutes. Finally another server came and took our drink orders. We decided to order our food at the same time to avoid further delay. The food came within a reasonable time but was delivered by others. No follow-up by our server. I wanted some steak sauce and decided to abandon the idea because my food was getting cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014EXCELENT FOOD AND SERVICE THE QUALITY IS VERY GOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect Evening at the Wynn SteakhousePiginthepokeDined on 11/1/2014Fantastic. Could not fault a thing. The restaurant was immaculate, the steak and sides delicious and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. It was my birthday and they presented my friends & me with unique mint chocolate truffles on a plate with Happy Birthday written in chocolate and a Pink candle. I don't drink alcohol so they even made me a "mock tail" so that I did not miss out while my friends sipped cocktails. We looked out over the show on the "Lake of Dreams" which was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingLoufromConnecticutDined on 10/31/2014I Come to Las Vegas often and I usually stay at Wynn And eat at SW. Perhaps they were just having a bad night but For some reason it wasn't as good this time. The service seemed slow to respond and when they did we felt a bit rushed. Also I always raved to everybody about the bone-in ribeye steak but this time it wasn't as good and it seemed smaller than usual with a very small bone as opposed to the ones I always took home to my dog.Special Features:
- countryboyDined on 10/29/2014SW Steakhouse remains my favorite steakhouse in Las Vegas. The food is excellent, the service is wonderful and the lake provides a beautiful setting with some interesting entertainment.Special Features:
- Always Great!!!ThaiDined on 10/27/2014We visit Las Vegas at least once a year and every time we dine at SW. From the wonderful bread basket to the great salad to the perfectly cooked steak and sides, not to mention great dessert. We shared everything including the steak and our servers were great about it.Special Features:
- Absolute Pleasure from start to endkmooseDined on 10/25/2014What a great evening! We started with cocktails on the patio overlooking the water and enjoyed the colors on the waterfall and the light and music shows. We were seated on the patio by request and again, right on the water. Our server Natalie was fabulous, very friendly and great with suggestions. We had Salmon, NY Strip and Pablano-bacon Mac n Cheese - Wow! Everything was great from the fresh bread to the entrees. It was a absolutely fantastic night for my wife and I - thank you Natalie and entire staff at SW'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so goodJosealDined on 10/25/2014my rib-eye was not good, I could say it was mediocre. The wine the sommelier help us choose was not what I was looking for... I'd say total experience was 3 out of 5Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the tripGhoustonDined on 10/22/2014i travel all over the world and this rates as one of my favorites. Amazing food quality and the service is top notch.Special Features:
- One of the Best in VegasMarkCDined on 10/22/2014Our group of four were celebrating a promotion of a co-worker and wanted a special night out while in Vegas. The SW was recommend by a local server at another restaurant. It was fabulous! We reserved a patio table by the lake. Staff at the SW were courteous and attentive with an in depth knowledge of the menu. The menu variety will please everyone but the steak options were spectacular! We tried the filet, ribeye, and grass fed striploin and they were all wonderfully tender, flavourful and cooked to perfection. We highly recommend this dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs attention Mr Wynn!GreatserviceVIPDined on 10/21/2014Both this restaurant and lakeside appear to be struggling...especially in the seafood department. I dined at both and experienced similar issues. Food with the exception of the scallops and Service was great at SW but both food and service was terrible at Lakeside...and the worst part was no one seemed to care when we raised the issue. Both need attention.Special Features:
- Fantastic steakhouse in Las VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014The setting is lovely, you have a view of the lake of dreams, after dusk there are half hourly shows which are great. The food and service is excellent, expensive but well worth it. Best and most memorable meal whilst in vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only the Best at SWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014One of my best and most favorite dining experiences!Special Features:
- Best meal in Vegas!CatChaney13Dined on 10/17/2014My husband and I ate dinner had reservations at 6:00pm were seated promptly in the outdoor space close enough to have a great view of the lake! The food was amazing I had lamb chops and he had a ribeye by far one of the best meals we have ever eaten and we have had many fantastic meals on our travel adventures! Loved the SW, great atmosphere and the view of the lake was very charming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeographicsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014I called in 3 times to verify a spot specifically outside to enjoy the show on the water with my guests. They had confirmed my request all 3 times. When we got there, we were asked to wait in the bar for our table. They had then proceeded to seat us behind a large linen pillar which almost completely blocked our view. Otherwise, the food, service and general atmosphere were very good.
- Incredible!acferguson05Dined on 10/17/2014My husband and I both had the bone-in ribeye which was, hands-down, the best steak I've ever had in my life! Cooked to perfection (ours were medium rare) with just the right amount of char and seasoned perfectly, it was melt in your mouth good. We ordered the grilled asparagus (delicious!) and the poblano Mac and cheese for sides. I have had several other "gourmet" Mac and cheese versions and this one was very good, but not my favorite. We were seated right to the waterfall which provided a brilliant backdrop to our special evening. All in all- undorgettable and we will make SW a permanent part of our Vegas experiences from now on. Additionally- sever Corey was fantastic- really went beyond to make sure we were treated well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food just ok but exesibly expensiveEstherVIPDined on 10/15/2014Not correspond at all what they charge for what they give,we felt it was a robery. Is the most expensive in las vegasSpecial Features:
- Wynn LossOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Nothing special other than the ambience. Very pricey and very disappointed in the lobster. It seems that Chefs get away from the proper way to prepare food trying to one-up the other guy. Meat was excellent, however for less $ you can get just as good a meat elsewhere. Very marked-up wine selection and I know as I belong to many wine clubs.Special Features: