1082 Joliet Street
Dyer, IN 46311Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.svagatiristorante.com/
- Phone: 2193227305x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Tony Sanfilippo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We will customize your event to fit your needs. Give us a call.
- Special Events: Wine & Food Pairing Events....View our website for details
A word from Svagati Ristorante
Svagati Ristorante is a 54 seat Italian restaurant that has a carefully crafted menu, extensive wine selection, impeccable service, and elegant, yet cozy, atmosphere. Ensuring your dining experience is a great one!Continued
Offering Authentic Recipes!
Over 59 years in the hospitality industry to guarantee your dining enjoyment!
Offering Authentic Recipes!
Over 59 years in the hospitality industry to guarantee your dining enjoyment!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Svagati Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (4)notable wine list (3)romantic (3)great for lunch (2)good for groups (2)Show More
- Tony is the bestteladogDined on 8/22/2014great food great service authentic Italian. Chef Tony is great, comes to your table to introduce you, prepares food how YOU want it, and comes back to make sure you like his dishes. can't be beatSpecial Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014This was our second time there for dinner, the first time was great, food and service was very good. The second time not so much. Three of us were not happy with the food, tough veal, perch with too much lemon, shrimp so so. Gnocchi was good. We started with a seafood appetizer which was very good . We'll try it again and see how it goes.
- Fresh dishesEnjoyagoodmealDined on 7/25/2014Chef Tony will personally greet you to explain his unique menu. Food was fresh and hot and it was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2014Over salted appetizers, room temperature entrees, small portions for the prices they charge, cheaply decorated. The warm bread (which coincidentally was hotter than our entrees!) was the best part of the meal here. We complained and the owner let us dine for free. Won't be back though.
- The following 40 reviews are from the Svagati Ristorante reviews archive.
- Good intentionsLilBitDined on 5/2/2014We visited Svagati on a Friday night, the restaurant was near capacity, and we were able to get in right away. We really liked not having to wait. This is a nicer restaurant to visit in the area given the menu and prices-I was really excited to try it. I've rated the restaurant as 'good'. It was a bit midsteam, the service, the food and the ambiance given the menu prices. I applaude the effort as there are few upscale Italian restaurants in the area, but there just wasn't a pay off for the cost. I would have expected a more polished waitstaff, our food to be hot, (not just warm) when it arrived at our table and more than average 'good' food.Special Features:
- Delicious!Cjacobs101Dined on 4/4/2014Four Cheese Gnocchi was exceptionally good. Chorizo Risotto was also wonderful. Friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be careful how you orderPopeDined on 3/15/2014The menu offers a wide variety of great dishes to choose from. We had no problem finding something we would like but we definitely made a mistake deciding how spicy we wanted our food cooked. Even though we're Italian and have eaten at a lot of Italian restaurants, we were out of our league when the waitress asked how spicy we wanted our food cooked on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the most spicy. Never having been asked that before, we figured we were safe with 3/10. My food came loaded with red pepper flakes and the heat overwhelmed the real taste of the dish and my taste buds. My husband's entree was spicy to begin with, so he broke out in a sweat. We will go back but we'll make sure to order the food minus the heat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We did not have a good diningFunksVIPDined on 2/22/2014We did not have a good dining experience here. The extensive menu looks impressive. I ordered Veal del Nonno, I believe it was. Supposed to be a family recipe but was not cooked to order. Veal was overdone and there were very salty capers in the dish that should have been soaked to remove some salt prior to using. The saltiness ruined the dish. The pasta we had was overcooked and not al dente. It did not appear that most things being served were cooked to order based on the speed they were serving patrons after taking the orders. The atmosphere is very good and the people and wait staff very friendly but the food was certainly lacking. The wine list was very good and priced reasonably. That was the bright spot in our experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful FindVic76Dined on 2/22/2014Pleasantly surprised! Wonderful food, chef comes out to great you! You know your at someplace good when you feel the pride Chef Tony has for his food! Will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT !!!ParentsDateNiteDined on 2/12/2014Our second visit. We went when place opened. It is now about 6 months later. The service, food and ambiance has not suffered. The attention to detail and prep is fantastic. In fact, the Chef was off the day we went and food still dynamite. I love the fact that the owner and the Chef tour the table and have lengthy conversations wit you. The chef showed up to get something on his day off and STILL toured tables to talk. Wine selection is not abundant which to me is a good thing. I don't need 8 choices of a certain bouquet. Food is OUTSTANDING AND PLENTIFUL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodKJS10Dined on 2/7/2014The food was wonderful and the help and chef were very attentive to your needs. We had a great dining experience. This was our first time there with friends and everyone was pleased and had an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise in unexpected placeLarryboyDined on 1/31/2014Have passed restaurant but never noticed it until we made reservations there. Food was excellent as was the service! Foodwas definitely Italian but not on the heavy side. We will definitely come back for more great food.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceNBClarkVIPDined on 12/18/2013With a plethora of Italian restaurants in the immediate vicinity, this is one of the best. The service is impeccable and personal, the food is spot on and clearly prepared with love by Chef Tony, and the wine list is spectacular. Don't be concerned it's in an older strip mall - its location has nothing to do with the experience going on inside. A quick tip for the spicier dishes - when they warn you about the heat level (1-10), don't be a hero! A '5' will literally make you sweat...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great! Great! Great!ChickenMarsalaDined on 12/7/2013Loved everything about the place - especially the Chicken Marsala!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingKarinDined on 12/6/2013The food was amazing! The staff was wonderful! The Master Chef came out to our table to see if we wanted anything special. Management checked on us periodically during the night. Tony, the Master Chef even recommended wines for us to try with the meal we ordered. Fantastic!!! I highly recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEteladogDined on 11/9/2013good food, good wine, good atmosphere (no kids, definitely more adult scene) Servers were super knowledgeable, the chef made his presence known and came and checked in on our meals. Overall a great experience. We will continue to come back for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, Good, GoodDorkyDined on 11/9/2013We enjoyed our Anniversary Dinner at Svagati Ristorante. The food, service, and ambiance made for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Chef TonyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013Chef Tony was personable and was fast to help with special requests. The entire team was inviting and helpful.Special Features:
- Sweetest Day DinnerFoodieVIPDined on 10/19/2013Enjoyed a quiet dinner on Sweetest Day. Some dishes were fabulous but others were just fair. The past two visits mean we will not order fish, but the pastas are top notch. The side dishes with the fish (potatoes and veggies) will also be avoided. I will definitely return for any pasta dish on the menu. I will order fish at a seafood place. Service was great and efficient. Overall, it was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italy In NW IndianaDiningdudeDined on 10/10/2013Although found in a local store front this restaurant is intimate and friendly--a perfect spot for a casual romantic evening. We loved the food. My wife and I have spent time in Italy on several trips and we found the carbonara and glazed duck were excellent, but perhaps the best part of our evening was the service of the staff and ownership. Very warm people and a very authentic approach to customers that left my wife and I feeling we were a part of the family. Excellent wine list and be sure to ask about the Pistachio liqour as an after dinner treat along side of your desert. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch!AtsINXSDined on 9/21/2013My husband and I have been to Svgatti's four times now and each time is better than the last! Their menu ranges from "normal" Italian to "funky" Italian. There is somehing for everyone! The staff is friendly and attentive and Chef/Owner Tony greets and chats with each table every time! When we want Italian food we don't even consider any of the other Italian restaurants in our area.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!!!!!! Love thatyummy2Dined on 9/21/2013Outstanding!!!!!!!! Love that the chef/owner came out to greet its customers. Nice touch. Food was reasonably priced as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerDebraCDined on 9/19/2013The service and food were excellent. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible service & managementeyamDined on 9/13/2013we went to dinner with my family (including my 22mth old) we were seated and an hour and a half later we still had not gotten our salads and soups. we did order an appetizer which came within that time, the waitress never came to check on us. there were 5-6 tables that were seated after us ranging from 5-15 min. they ALL got their soups, salads and entrees before us. we nicely mentioned the problem to the waitress while the manager was in ear shot. there was no apology, no offer of dessert nothing. the owner is creepy. he comes out to every table and asks what you ordered (prob why food took so long). we told him of our problem. again no apology. he actually had the audacity to argue with me about the wait time.
- Great ExperienceTonyDined on 9/7/2013We were looking for a place to take my Mom for her Birthday and this was a wonderful experience. Friendly staff and food was great. Chef provided recommendations and spoke with each table. Will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem in a strip mallBeckyBDined on 9/7/2013It was a wonderful surprise. The owner was very attentive. He came out and explained the meal. Afterwards, he visited our table to check on our meal. Everything we ordered was wonderful. The olive oil with garlic for the bread as fantastic. Lobster Bisque was divine! We enjoyed our meal and would definitely recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food except for coffee.peacefulsharkDined on 8/24/2013The food was excellent and service alright .Like many restaurants, wait staff did not understand that coffee burns when left to stand.Only freshly brewed should be served. The second cup of coffee, served after dinner was a combination of fresh with old and tasted like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2013This is a favorite of mine now. The food is excellent, the service is great, and the chef a charmer. Don't miss dining with these folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Surprise...very pleasedStellaNGaryDined on 8/10/2013We were a little skeptical at first...A little restaurant in a strip mall, next to Dairy Queen. Man were we surprised. I can't say enough about the atmosphere..it's quaint, quiet and personable. If you don't like quaint places, this isn't the place for you. Very tastefully decorated. Added Banquet/party room looks very appealing. When we arrived, there was Mexican music on, quickly changed to Italian type, so that was more fitting for the atmosphere. We were greeted by Tony, Mater Chef. If we had any questions, he was there to explain, recommend and suggest. Our waitress was also very helpful. We had two bottles of wine, one with appetizer and on with dinner. (We took our time and didn't feel rushed), both were very complimentary. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homemade without the mess!FoodiewannabeDined on 7/13/2013My spouse and I have had dinner there three times and have enjoyed each meal! Our friends joined us recently and were very pleased also. I love that the chef takes the time to speak with the customers to offer suggestions after learning what they like. Nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique Italian gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2013We are so thrilled to have found this "little unique Italian gem" ! The flavors are so unique and beautiful. Service still needs some work, but easy to look over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnermonthlygirlsdinnerDined on 6/21/2013we had originally met the chef and his wife a few months prior. we decided to finally try this place for a birthday dinner. the chef was very personable and answered any questions we had. overall this experience was great. we'd definitely make a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst meal ever!!CstacyVIPDined on 5/18/2013There was only one party when we arrived. The waitress waited for 2 other tables to be seated and served before she came to us! The chef visited the other tables and didn't come to talk to us until I complained about my food! He had the nerve to tell me that tilapia was supposed to taste fishy! I have had better fish at Olive Garden! We will never go back!
- Easy to miss,but you don't want to!FoodieVIPDined on 5/13/2013The restaurant sits in a strip mall and we drove right by at first. So glad we turned around. WOW! What a great meal from the appetizer to the salad, bread/oil and entrees. We had no room for dessert, but it looked wonderful! We will definitely go back. The lunch menu sounds just as appealing. There were so many things we all could have ordered that it was hard to decide. What a wonderful problem to have. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experienceyummy2Dined on 5/11/2013It was a surprising experience. I did not know what to expect. The restaurant was outstanding. The food was excellent, the service was great, and atmosphere was quaint. I loved that the chef came out to greet all his customer and he really stayed to talk to us. And he did this before, during and after dinner, to each table. A nice added bonus. Overall, a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!AtsINXSDined on 4/27/2013The menu has so many tasty entrees to choose from and the food is supurb! The ower/chef comes to your table and actually chats with you! The servers make great recommendations and the atmosphere is wonderful! Such a cute little place! My husband and I will not go to any other Italian restaurants again! Our first visit was on a Friday night and we actually loved the food so much and couldn't wait to taste the food again that we went back the next night! This is a must visit again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dyer's "Go To" RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013This is our new "go to" restaurant! We love it! Tony knows his food, wine and customers! Tony, the owner and chef not only makes delectable, 5th generation Italian dishes, his customer service is ABOVE and BEYOND! Thank you, Tony!Special Features:
- See you soon!OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/2/2013Really enjoy this experince each time. This is my parent's favoritw restaurant! I tried the duck for the first time, and I enjoyed the flavors...but the Lasagna is always good too.Special Features:
- The duck was delicious. OtherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013The duck was delicious. Other than that, we had poor service (other servers were attentive to their tables)and food that was not impressive.
- Warm and cozy with a friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Warm and cozy with a friendly staff and authentic Italian food. Hidden in a strip plaza this is a hidden gem of fine dining.Special Features: