Suzy Wong's House of Yum
1515 Church Street
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Suzy Wong's House of Yum
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.suzywongsnashville.com/
- Phone: (615) 329-2913
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00PM - 1:00 AM
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 1:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Arnold Myint
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Suzy Wong's House of Yum
In the 1960 film by Ray Stark, The World of Suzie Wong tells the story of a love affair between an expatriate American architect in Hong Kong and Suzie Wong, a beautiful high-end prostitute.Continued
In the film, east and west meet in Suzie's house of decadence. On Church Street, two worlds meld in a brothel of epicurean delight – Suzy Wong's House of Yum.
In the film, east and west meet in Suzie's house of decadence. On Church Street, two worlds meld in a brothel of epicurean delight – Suzy Wong's House of Yum.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Suzy Wong's House of Yum - Best Restaurants in Nashville ›
Suzy Wong's House of Yum reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (33)fit for foodies (25)special occasion (20)neighborhood gem (18)great for outdoor dining (16)great for brunch (16)hot spot (14)late-night find (12)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Outstanding food! Order anything, its all great! The staff is the best! April always makes sure we are in good shape, but everyone is helpful. Suzy Wong's has become our go-to dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchnashdogDined on 11/16/2014I had been here for dinner before and it took almost an hour to get food on a slow night, so it took Drag Brunch to get me back. I am so glad we came. There were eleven of us and we had a fabulous time. Deception was the entertainment and she is so fun, friendly and beautiful too. Our waitress Pryal (I hope I got that right) kept our drinks full and she was very sweet. We will all definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was so much fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014The food was incredible, all 5 of us raved about our meals. The drinks were delicious….especially the fish bowl. We were there celebrating birthdays and had a blast! The performer was quite entertaining and very sweet to come to our table to chat with us. Would absolutely return and will urge all of my friends to check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time and not too muchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/20141st - the food was (to our surprise) incredibly good. I got the fried rice bowl and my friend got Hong Kong Millionaire. The drag show was super fun, very good and not too much. What I mean by "not too much"... its really loud and pumping fun music. It would be annoying if it went that way all brunch long. The performance is every 30 minutes for about 5 minutes. Perfect! The 2 for 1 mimosas didn't hurt either! A great diverse crowd... many gray hairs as well as young people. We would go back for sure!Special Features:
- Suzy Wong House of YukJoeRDined on 11/7/2014Have been to Suzy Wong's quite a few times over the years. We went this past Friday and have to say the whole experience was dissapointing. Our server was scatter brained and forgetful. We ordered five items from the menu and the only one we could eat was the Nachos. The steak skewers were not teriyaki, chicken wings were burnt and the breading awful, sweet and sour chicken barely edible, and the coconut fried rice, a glutinous mess that was way to spicy ( was blowing chile flakes out of my mouth half the night). All the food was way to salty. Maybe it was a bad day in the kitchen. Or maybe someone needs to be checking on what's coming out of their kitchen.
- great placethegangof4Dined on 10/26/2014Celebrated my birthday with friends and we all had a good time, the staff was very helpful and the entertainment was great! Will make it a point to go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun and foodNolatrinityDined on 10/26/2014Yes it can get loud but it is not just brunch it's a show so it is to be expected. The entertainment is in "rounds" so it quiets down some in between but honestly if you are looking for a nice quiet brunch spot this isn't it. If you're looking for a fun place with great entertainment, great drink specials and wonderful brunch fare with unique food offerings this is your place! Loved it and will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodtntravelerDined on 10/21/2014Creative mixed drinks. Started with the chicken lettuce wraps. They were kind of like spicy chicken salad on lettuce leaves. Great starter. Had the Pad Thai for meal, excellent flavor with just the right amount of heat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drag'n BrunchemotionalmulletDined on 10/19/2014Deception was a fantastic hostess/performer. My friend and I had a wonderful time. The servers were wonderful and the food was delicious. Bring your dollars so you can get a pic with Deception in one of her many costumes!Special Features:
- Loved it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Great food, great service, great time!! I would highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and OK foodmmmBeerDined on 10/18/2014The tapas plates were all really good; we had a party of 10 and ordered 5 or 6 different plates. All of the bowls that we ordered were just OK. None of them were BAD just not very good. Those that ordered cocktails seemed to like those. If you decide to go, stick with the tapas.Special Features:
- Eh not my favoriteJohnnieDined on 10/12/2014I tried this place once for dinner, wasn't impressed. I tried it for brunch and I was less impress. The food is subpar compared to other brunch spots. Service was extremely slow. There is no reason I should be at a restaurant for 2.5 hrs. My waffle was over cooked dried out and just crumbled. The chicken looked anorexic and had no flavor beside the syrup I poured on it. The bacon could break a tooth off it was so hard. I gave it two tries and I won't be back
- They had a rough night...schmittie215VIPDined on 10/4/2014Usually Suzy Wong's is wonderful. But they were having a bad night when we went this weekend. Half of the table's drinks came and the other people didn't get their drinks for 20 more minutes. Then half the food came and they forgot the rest of the order. Then the other half of the food came and my friend's soup was cold. She sent it back and it came back just as cold. All of our napkins were dirty too. I have always loved this restaurant but nothing went right this night. I can only hope it was just not a good night for the kitchen or the bar and that it will be up to par again next time.
- great find for our group!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014we used opentable to randomly find a restaurant that had an Asian flair and came across this gem! great food and perfect for a group setting - tapa style everything and was delicious. If you are in town, would definitely recommend dining here.Special Features:
- Always funSimonDined on 10/3/2014We have been visiting Suzy Wong's occasionally over several years. The food is always excellent, interesting and reasonably priced. This week was a little quieter than I would have expected on a Friday evening, and the night in October was to chilly to sit outside (the patio is nice on good weather days. Will continue to visit and enjoy the food, worth the drive from the suburbs.Special Features:
- Wedding Brunch w/ Suzy WongThrillerKateDined on 9/28/2014This past weekend 5 of my friends flew into Nashville for a wedding. The morning after the wedding we wanted to do something fun together before everyone had to go to the airport, so I made reservations at Suzy Wongs House of Yum. Needless to say, we were NOT disappointed! Our server was one of the best I've had in Nashville. The drag shows were wonderful too! Going into it I wasn't sure what to expect, but the shows were spaced out about 20 minutes apart (only lasting 1-2 songs) so to me it was a great mix of being entertained while also having time to catch up with friends. Additionally, we all ordered a different entree and we all enjoyed our food. I am definitely planning to return!Special Features:
- A Truly Fun ExperienceJigsawComplexDined on 9/27/2014Besides the gorgeous patio seating, delicious food, and excellent and human staff, they communal aspect of group meals with sharing of different entrees was a very refreshing and fun aspect. I would definitely come back again and again.Special Features:
- Great First Impression!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My boyfriend and I went to Suzy Wong's for the first time on a Friday night for our weekly date night. The atmosphere was very cozy and relaxing. The service was very friendly and attentive and the food was delicious! When he came home from work Saturday afternoon he said, "Let's go to Suzy Yum Yum again!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great place.RoroDined on 9/7/2014Great to eat, drink and unwind. Staff is friendly and the brunch punch is awesome, especially with three straws to share with a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2014Neat little place with fun atmosphere. Everything we tried was great, except the sushi. Overall great experience!Special Features:
- YummyMJVisitorDined on 8/30/2014Suzie Wong's House of Yum was a real treat and a great place to visit with friends. We enjoyed trying and sharing some delicious dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great staff!NateVIPDined on 8/29/2014The menu is interesting and holds some good finds, large portions, and the staff makes the entire experience much more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Food being served way too fast!foodsnobDined on 8/23/2014The food was very good, but did not appreciate being served each course before we had finished with the previous one.Special Features:
- Easy to miss but should go!Seclark84Dined on 8/23/2014We've driven by 100 times and finally went so glad we did! The food was very good and the bartender was great! They offer complimentary valet on Friday & Saturday so parking was easy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014Service was wonderful and the outdoor patio was relaxing and special at the same time. Food was fresh tasted great and the portions were large! Would recommend to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time and will be backLyneVIPDined on 8/2/2014Took a group out for girls night. It was the first time for all of us. Alex, our waiter, was so kind and patient! He made great recommendations and knew every answer to the menu questions from my gluten-free vegan friend. There was nothing we didn't like - food or drink! This place is a "must go"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed OpportunitySFOinBNADined on 7/27/2014We invited 3 friends to meet Suzy on a Sunday. We were a party of 5 in the early evening and the restaurant was slow. The waiter introduced himself and told us it was his third day - unfortunately it should have been his last day. The service was the slowest and worst I have experienced in Nashville. Drink orders were incorrect, the bartender was blamed, the bartender blamed the waiter (bla bla) -- orders trickled out over a period of 10 minutes -- we had 5 appetizers which were actually good. Next, the main courses also trickled out over 10 minutes - Dirty items were only removed from the table when we asked and piles of dirty items remained on the table throughout dinner. Never saw a manager, incorrect orders were not comped or corrected.Special Features:
- The following 638 reviews are from the Suzy Wong's House of Yum reviews archive.
- Yummy yum House of Yum.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014First visit to this delightful restaurant & certainly enjoyed the experience. If you visit this restaurant,do share it with others,the dishes are large, two of us(older men) over ordered,all the dishes we ordered were tasty,creative & looked so appetizing on the plate,we just couldn't eat it all. A small party would have the opportunity to taste more of the these superb dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very AccomodatiingbettycrockerDined on 7/20/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration and the restaurant staff took great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review Of Suzy'sJay1Dined on 7/20/2014The music was a little loud for my tastes but you could still converse with your friends. The entertainer was full of energy and made the visit very enjoyable. To my surprise there were some folks who brought along their 6 year old - 10 ten year old kids and that is a good thing. Best to learn tolerance early. Took my fair share of photos as did everyone else so expect that to occur. The entertainer sings and dances for tips so bring a supply of $1 & $5 bills. She was kind enuff to pose with folks for photos. The wait staff can change bills for you. The meal and drinks are affordable. We spent $73 for three of us Lots of parking in the rear and if you go early enuff plenty on Church St. Staff was top notch in service and demeanor.Special Features:
- Fun but friedGolfgirlDined on 7/14/2014Our server was attentive and pleasant. The specialty cocktails were excellent. Our table tried 3 different ones and all were great. We also enjoyed the shared small plates and found the unique spins on Asian dishes quite interesting. My big disappointment, however, was the heavy reliance on fried foods. My friend's Caesar salad was also drowning in dressing. I felt like I had eaten pub food by the time we finished. I took a bite of my friend's dessert and it was excellent.Special Features:
- Why am I not here every Sunday!ParkerDined on 7/6/2014This is not your traditional Sunday Brunch spot and that's exactly why I LOVED IT!! We had a small group and everyone ordered something different so we could try as much as we could. Not only is the food AMAZING but when you add 2 for 1 mimosas and a fantastic live Drag Show while you eat - come on...why am I not here every Sunday?!?Special Features:
- Good first experienceKerryBlueDined on 7/5/2014We met a few friends at Suzy's and none of us had ever eaten there before. We basically ordered what the server recommended and were not disappointed. We all shared small plates and everything we tasted was good. We went early in the evening, so it was relaxed and peaceful and we' had our server's full attention. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll Love Suzy WongsTnTitansDined on 7/1/2014They don't make anything that isn't delicious. You'll also be guaranteed friendly and welcoming staff, and reasonable prices for such quality food and drinks. One of the best and most unique places in Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold welcome, cold food, etc.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014I was very disappointed with this restaurant from start (reservation system faulty and frustrating), to the welcome (unfriendly hostess, no smile, no charm, no apology for poor reservation I told her about), to dining experience. It took the server 15 minutes to get to our table, another 15 to bring our drinks, and another 40 to bring our food. I had to continually ask the hostess to find him. When the food finally arrived, it was not warm enough, so it took another 15 minutes to get that taken care of. Paying the check experience: you guessed it. After waiting another 15 minutes, we had to once again get the hostess to search for our waiter. AND ALL THIS ON A NIGHT WHEN THERE WERE FEW CUSTOMERS.Special Features:
- not going backdfdfdDined on 6/29/2014we had pretty bad service, waitress was nice but our party of 6's food came out 1 at a time about every 5 minutes so almost 30 minutes from first to last served! the area we sat was FREEEZING cold- front room. The singer/impersonator was not good at all so don't go for the entertainment. Food was good but not great.Special Features:
- Suzy Wong'schiefsfan10Dined on 6/27/2014We really enjoyed the Kung Pao green beans and Lemongrass soup! Interesting flavors, and is somewhere we will go again. They have small tapas style plates as well as larger bowls from which to select. Not really the place for a tight budget, but not extravagantly expensive either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PMOPeterOVIPDined on 6/26/2014I have loved Suzy Wong's ever since it opened, although I will admit that with all the new restaurants opening in Nashville, it's been a while since I've been here. I dined recently on a Thursday evening and the only disappointing aspect was the crowd, or lack thereof. The food was like it's always been....creative, fresh, excellent. We usually just order random things, mostly from the Shared Plates menu, and have never been disappointed in any way. I hope the small crowd that Thursday was an anomaly, as Suzy Wong's deserves to be supported so it sticks around for many more years. I'll be going more often, that's for sure.Special Features:
- PerfectMizRebaDined on 6/22/2014I brought out of town guests, so I was HOPING for a good experience. Our server, PJ, was excellent and our performer, Princess, was fantastic! Food was yummy! Overall, a LOVELY time and my friends had a blast. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drag BrunchyoungatheartDined on 6/22/20141st time at Suzy Wongs. We decided to do the drag brunch to celebrate a birthday. We had a ball. It was a lot of fun. Can't wait to go back. Thanks Princess for a great show!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.