Suzy Wong's House of Yum
1515 Church Street
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Suzy Wong's House of Yum
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.suzywongsnashville.com/
- Phone: 6153292913
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00PM - 1:00 AM
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 1:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Arnold Myint
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Suzy Wong's House of Yum
In the 1960 film by Ray Stark, The World of Suzie Wong tells the story of a love affair between an expatriate American architect in Hong Kong and Suzie Wong, a beautiful high-end prostitute.Continued
In the film, east and west meet in Suzie's house of decadence. On Church Street, two worlds meld in a brothel of epicurean delight – Suzy Wong's House of Yum.
In the film, east and west meet in Suzie's house of decadence. On Church Street, two worlds meld in a brothel of epicurean delight – Suzy Wong's House of Yum.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Suzy Wong's House of Yum - Best Restaurants in Nashville ›
Suzy Wong's House of Yum reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (35)fit for foodies (28)special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (21)great for brunch (19)great for outdoor dining (19)late-night find (18)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (11)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- A Truly Fun ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Besides the gorgeous patio seating, delicious food, and excellent and human staff, they communal aspect of group meals with sharing of different entrees was a very refreshing and fun aspect. I would definitely come back again and again.Special Features:
- Great First Impression!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My boyfriend and I went to Suzy Wong's for the first time on a Friday night for our weekly date night. The atmosphere was very cozy and relaxing. The service was very friendly and attentive and the food was delicious! When he came home from work Saturday afternoon he said, "Let's go to Suzy Yum Yum again!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great place.RoroDined on 9/7/2014Great to eat, drink and unwind. Staff is friendly and the brunch punch is awesome, especially with three straws to share with a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyMJVisitorDined on 8/30/2014Suzie Wong's House of Yum was a real treat and a great place to visit with friends. We enjoyed trying and sharing some delicious dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great staff!NateDined on 8/29/2014The menu is interesting and holds some good finds, large portions, and the staff makes the entire experience much more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Food being served way too fast!foodsnobDined on 8/23/2014The food was very good, but did not appreciate being served each course before we had finished with the previous one.Special Features:
- Easy to miss but should go!Seclark84Dined on 8/23/2014We've driven by 100 times and finally went so glad we did! The food was very good and the bartender was great! They offer complimentary valet on Friday & Saturday so parking was easy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014Service was wonderful and the outdoor patio was relaxing and special at the same time. Food was fresh tasted great and the portions were large! Would recommend to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time and will be backLyneVIPDined on 8/2/2014Took a group out for girls night. It was the first time for all of us. Alex, our waiter, was so kind and patient! He made great recommendations and knew every answer to the menu questions from my gluten-free vegan friend. There was nothing we didn't like - food or drink! This place is a "must go"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed OpportunitySFOinBNADined on 7/27/2014We invited 3 friends to meet Suzy on a Sunday. We were a party of 5 in the early evening and the restaurant was slow. The waiter introduced himself and told us it was his third day - unfortunately it should have been his last day. The service was the slowest and worst I have experienced in Nashville. Drink orders were incorrect, the bartender was blamed, the bartender blamed the waiter (bla bla) -- orders trickled out over a period of 10 minutes -- we had 5 appetizers which were actually good. Next, the main courses also trickled out over 10 minutes - Dirty items were only removed from the table when we asked and piles of dirty items remained on the table throughout dinner. Never saw a manager, incorrect orders were not comped or corrected.Special Features:
- Yummy yum House of Yum.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014First visit to this delightful restaurant & certainly enjoyed the experience. If you visit this restaurant,do share it with others,the dishes are large, two of us(older men) over ordered,all the dishes we ordered were tasty,creative & looked so appetizing on the plate,we just couldn't eat it all. A small party would have the opportunity to taste more of the these superb dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very AccomodatiingbettycrockerDined on 7/20/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration and the restaurant staff took great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review Of Suzy'sJay1Dined on 7/20/2014The music was a little loud for my tastes but you could still converse with your friends. The entertainer was full of energy and made the visit very enjoyable. To my surprise there were some folks who brought along their 6 year old - 10 ten year old kids and that is a good thing. Best to learn tolerance early. Took my fair share of photos as did everyone else so expect that to occur. The entertainer sings and dances for tips so bring a supply of $1 & $5 bills. She was kind enuff to pose with folks for photos. The wait staff can change bills for you. The meal and drinks are affordable. We spent $73 for three of us Lots of parking in the rear and if you go early enuff plenty on Church St. Staff was top notch in service and demeanor.Special Features:
- Fun but friedGolfgirlDined on 7/14/2014Our server was attentive and pleasant. The specialty cocktails were excellent. Our table tried 3 different ones and all were great. We also enjoyed the shared small plates and found the unique spins on Asian dishes quite interesting. My big disappointment, however, was the heavy reliance on fried foods. My friend's Caesar salad was also drowning in dressing. I felt like I had eaten pub food by the time we finished. I took a bite of my friend's dessert and it was excellent.Special Features:
- Why am I not here every Sunday!ParkerDined on 7/6/2014This is not your traditional Sunday Brunch spot and that's exactly why I LOVED IT!! We had a small group and everyone ordered something different so we could try as much as we could. Not only is the food AMAZING but when you add 2 for 1 mimosas and a fantastic live Drag Show while you eat - come on...why am I not here every Sunday?!?Special Features:
- Good first experienceKerryBlueDined on 7/5/2014We met a few friends at Suzy's and none of us had ever eaten there before. We basically ordered what the server recommended and were not disappointed. We all shared small plates and everything we tasted was good. We went early in the evening, so it was relaxed and peaceful and we' had our server's full attention. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll Love Suzy WongsTnTitansDined on 7/1/2014They don't make anything that isn't delicious. You'll also be guaranteed friendly and welcoming staff, and reasonable prices for such quality food and drinks. One of the best and most unique places in Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold welcome, cold food, etc.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014I was very disappointed with this restaurant from start (reservation system faulty and frustrating), to the welcome (unfriendly hostess, no smile, no charm, no apology for poor reservation I told her about), to dining experience. It took the server 15 minutes to get to our table, another 15 to bring our drinks, and another 40 to bring our food. I had to continually ask the hostess to find him. When the food finally arrived, it was not warm enough, so it took another 15 minutes to get that taken care of. Paying the check experience: you guessed it. After waiting another 15 minutes, we had to once again get the hostess to search for our waiter. AND ALL THIS ON A NIGHT WHEN THERE WERE FEW CUSTOMERS.Special Features:
- not going backdfdfdDined on 6/29/2014we had pretty bad service, waitress was nice but our party of 6's food came out 1 at a time about every 5 minutes so almost 30 minutes from first to last served! the area we sat was FREEEZING cold- front room. The singer/impersonator was not good at all so don't go for the entertainment. Food was good but not great.Special Features:
- Suzy Wong'schiefsfan10Dined on 6/27/2014We really enjoyed the Kung Pao green beans and Lemongrass soup! Interesting flavors, and is somewhere we will go again. They have small tapas style plates as well as larger bowls from which to select. Not really the place for a tight budget, but not extravagantly expensive either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PMOPeterOVIPDined on 6/26/2014I have loved Suzy Wong's ever since it opened, although I will admit that with all the new restaurants opening in Nashville, it's been a while since I've been here. I dined recently on a Thursday evening and the only disappointing aspect was the crowd, or lack thereof. The food was like it's always been....creative, fresh, excellent. We usually just order random things, mostly from the Shared Plates menu, and have never been disappointed in any way. I hope the small crowd that Thursday was an anomaly, as Suzy Wong's deserves to be supported so it sticks around for many more years. I'll be going more often, that's for sure.Special Features:
- PerfectMizRebaDined on 6/22/2014I brought out of town guests, so I was HOPING for a good experience. Our server, PJ, was excellent and our performer, Princess, was fantastic! Food was yummy! Overall, a LOVELY time and my friends had a blast. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drag BrunchyoungatheartDined on 6/22/20141st time at Suzy Wongs. We decided to do the drag brunch to celebrate a birthday. We had a ball. It was a lot of fun. Can't wait to go back. Thanks Princess for a great show!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nashville fave.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014Suzy Wong's is one of my favorite eating spots in the downtown Nashville area. Located on Church Street, neighbored by Tribe and PLAY, this small tapas-style restaurant serves wonderful food paired with great designer cocktails and exceptional service! My date and I ordered drinks, a few small plates, and also had dessert; nothing was less than delicious. The only drawback on this particular visit was the noise level as it got a little busier in the main dining area. My OpenTable reservation, with a booth-specific request, was honored without a hitch; we were seated immediately. I would most definitely go back to Suzy Wong's again and also recommend it to friends, family, AND strangers!Special Features:
- Amazing foodtankdaddyDined on 6/15/2014This was our first time at Suzy Wong's. We knew it was an Arnold Myint place, but we were really blown away by the quality of the food. Every dish was amazing. We shared two appetizers, each got an entree, and shared a side (Kung Pao green beans). We will definitely be going back. Also, the service was very good. Our server was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free options!absolutelyfancyVIPDined on 6/14/2014Happy to see gluten free options on the menu. Food was very good and server was happy and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, good choicebgp2782Dined on 6/14/2014First time dining here. Was surprised that the crowd was so light at 6:30pm on a Saturday. Service and food was good. Can recommend the Pad Thai, very good dish.
- Delicious Fresh FoodLarryVIPDined on 6/8/2014This was our first visit to Suzy Wong's. We were pleasantly surprised by the freshness of the ingredients used for our food. The vegetables were crisp and the spices used in the preparation formed a perfect combination to delight the palate. Service was prompt and courteous and portions were generous. We will back.Special Features:
- The following 620 reviews are from the Suzy Wong's House of Yum reviews archive.
- RecommendationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014My only complaint was that the server recommended a dish to my friends who had never eaten there before and the way she described a dish was not the way it came to the table. She was very sweet and immediately put a new order in for them, but we were almost finished with our dinner by the time their dish came back out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ShowBuckheitl11Dined on 5/25/2014Went here for a birthday brunch and was thrilled by the show!! Absolutely fantastic performances and the bloody marys were outstanding. Really enjoyed the whole experience!Special Features:
- Great spottcat3991Dined on 5/18/2014Delicious food, generous portions, great entertainment for Sunday brunch, excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitschy Name... Lousy ExperiencemindtonicDined on 5/12/2014Meh.... This place wants to be from Brooklyn so bad it's scary. The problem is that it's in Nashville. Bumping electronic music is cool and all but it can't mask the smell of a barely clean dining room. I felt like every room had its own stench. The food was not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination. The coconut curry soup tasted like water; it lacked the depth of flavor I was expecting. The beef with broccoli was the standout at our table. If you want RICE with your meal, be prepared to pay an extra $2.50 for half a cup of over cooked soggy rice. I'm always up for trying new things, but this place is more bark than bite. A kitschy name will only get you so far.
- Fabulous, just fabulousBetteDined on 5/11/2014Suzy Wong's is a gem. I chose to go there to celebrate Mother's Day. The food, although moderately priced, is exquisite and unique. My bloody mary was zesty and perfectly prepared. I had a new item, chicken florentine crepes, my husband had Suzy's sweet waffle. About the food, words fail me, and I must simply use the vernacular, "Amazing!" And then there's the entertainment, from time to time when beautiful young "women" walk through singing and/or dancing. Divine! Suzy Wong's is my new favorite place to go. If you haven't yet been, you are missing a treat!Special Features:
- The Sunday BrunchAxl555Dined on 5/11/2014What can I say....wanted to give this place a try many time before....finally ended up going there Mother's Day for the "Drag-on Brunch". Wow what energy and vibe. We were blown alway. The choice of food was limited to few dishes which was totally fine (probably because of Mother's Day and it being a brunch)....we ordered 4 dishes which were yum. The entertainment (Drag Queen performances) was a short dance every hour. The artist was gorgeous and eager to interact and please. Overall a uniquely delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drag'n Brunch - Fun!MMTortugaDined on 5/11/2014Took my mom to the Drag'n Brunch for Mothers' Day and had a blast! Bring a few $1's for the ladies! The sweet waffle and stir fry dishes were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for the experienceLadyonthesceneDined on 5/11/2014Every 30 minutes you are enjoying drag performances. The entertainment, quality of the food and brunch cocktails were even more fabulous than expected. Service was speedy and friendly. We stayed for 2 hours to soak up the shows! Brunch punch and steak eggs Benedict are must-haves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drag N' Brunch, Anything BUT a DragFatGirlsFoodGuideDined on 5/11/2014I took my mom to Suzy Wong's Drag N' Brunch for Mother's Day & I could not be more pleased with the result. They were very accommodating of my special request when making the reservation (my mother has mobility issues), so when we arrived everything was already set up for her & we were ready to roll. Service was prompt, BEYOND friendly & attentive (Jordan is a treasure sent from Heaven) & the food was delicious. (Steak Benedict FTW!) And while I have to say I took advantage of the 2-for-1 mimosas, I have to go back & investigate the punch that comes in a fishbowl with 2 giant straws... The drag show was great! 2 songs every 30 minutes of sparkling, kinetic, pop-music joy flitting around the room. Highly recommend to people who like fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Great spot for unique dishes. I highly recommend the Asian Wonton Pork Nachos. They are delicious!!!Special Features:
- Suzy Wong was super yummyPlpepperDined on 5/9/2014Love the Asian tapas angle. We tried 10 items, all great. Perfect for vegetarians too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good stuffBlizzyDined on 5/8/2014Food was good, place was dope, service was dank. I like the sweet and sour...try it yo. lalalalalalalalalalalalallalalalalaSpecial Features: