5825 N Mesa St
El Paso, TX 79912Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.suzurestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9158457898x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Only: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour,3:00pm - 7:00pm
Reverse Happy Hour, 11:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Mexican, Asian
- Executive Chef: Victor Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room that seats 25 with LCD Projector and Screen.
- Private Party Contact: Gonzalo Valdez 9155009630x
- Entertainment: Live Jazz on Weekends
A word from SuZu Restaurant
Asian-Mexican fusion cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
SuZu Restaurant - Best Restaurants in El Paso ›
SuZu Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- DELICIOUS food!tgirlDined on 9/12/2014We were a group of six and, without exception, all our orders were absolutely delicious and outstanding! The presentation was amazing and the service was fast and very friendly. This restaurant is a gem! I had the Caesar salad and ate every bite. It was served on a square of slate and the dressing was a little different from classic caesar. Wow! But the Chilean Sea Bass was spectacular! Also served on a slate square, the bass was cooked to perfection--crispy sear and perfectly cooked, on top of Thai black rice with two sauces: a hoisin dribble and an apricot sauce. All made for a delicious combination! I had a bite of a friend's ribeye steak and have to say it was very tender and flavorful. This restaurant is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 23 reviews are from the SuZu Restaurant reviews archive.
- This is our favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2014This is our favorite restaurant in El Paso. Rack of Lamb is superb, beef and fish dishes are top notch. Only complaint I have is when red wine is ordered by the glass, the wine is chilled, not room temperature. I would recommend to any one as the first choice for dining out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuZu's on SaturdaySteveVIPDined on 3/22/2014Great place with exciting menu item, great deco, and excellent service.Special Features:
- Suzu will not make it in ELPGarciaDined on 3/15/2014The lack of customers at Suzu on a Saturday night show this restaurant is lacking. Too bad because the place is nice but the service is mediocre and the food was not good. I ordered the $35 ribeye and it was tough, flavorless, and had what seemed like ketchup squirted on top. I've had better ribeyes from Walmart. Two salads, two drinks, two entrees, $100. Will not recommend this restaurant and will not go back. Suzu will not make it in ELP.
- Great TimeMattyDined on 3/14/2014Our first time to Suzu was a very nice experience. I took my wife for her Birthday and she really enjoyed it. We had a reservation but still had to wait about 15 minutes for a table, but they gave us free lobster tacos for the wait and they were delicious. Overall great experience and will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedKCarDined on 2/15/2014We decided to have dinner for a post Valentine's Day dinner. I chose Suzu because of the great reviews on Open Table. The restaurant was very nice. We enjoyed the ambience very much. However the food and service were not anything to brag about. We ordered the lobster tacos, tuna tartar and the pork belly for appetizers because the previous reviews raved about how wonderful they were. The lobster tacos were tiny, and tasted only like the aioli and nothing like lobster. The tuna was overly cooked and very acidic in flavor. The steaks lacked flavor as well. Our server initially was nice and later became sarcastic and rude when we said we might only have appetizers and cocktails. We ended up ordering entrees but they were not worth the moneySpecial Features:
- Hidden gemLeonaDined on 2/15/2014SuZu is a hidden gem waiting tone discovered. The food was flavorful, the restaurant has a romantic ambience, and the staff was very attentive. If you're looking for a restaurant that serves seafood with a Mexican twist, SyZu is definitely the place to go! You will not be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good except for wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Not your average menu...exotic but well executed! Nice ambience and service. The wine list was good, but their prices were on the high side, and the price-per-glass was insulting.Special Features:
- Great EveningVictorVIPDined on 1/31/2014Met some friends for dinner at SuZu. First time there. Overall a great meal. Starters were good, Salads and Mains excellent. Dessert took it over the top. Fun crew, great venue.Special Features:
- Good place not great. OpenreggiesdadVIPDined on 1/11/2014Good place not great. Open table screwed up our reservation and this was not the first timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Longest Dinner EverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013I love this restaurant have eaten here several times before. But the New Years dinner was scheduled in 2 sessions with 11 courses. Ours was 7 to 930. We went way beyond 930, and were eating for 5 hours. Took very long to get all the courses. Food was delicious though! Luckily I didn't have another party to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/12/2013I sat at the bar and was given great recommendations for food and cocktail pairing. Carlos, the bartender, offered a very thoughtful and passionate service, going out of his way to work on some difficult pairings. From the kitchen came delicately powerful flavor combinations at every courses.Special Features:
- Love this placeoverthetopDined on 12/10/2013Great food with a phenomenal menu and impeccable serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & Great ServiceluvforfoodVIPDined on 11/27/2013Recommendations for food include the Lobster Tacos, Duck Mole, & Pork Belly Burger. The service was attentive without being overbearing and on point. I would say there were inaccuracies on the 'IPad menus' - if I had not asked for the duck we would not been able to order.Special Features:
- Nicely doneblackyakDined on 11/9/2013This was our 45th Anniversary. It was our first time at SuZu's. We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. The food was outstanding. My wife thought that her lamb chops were the best she ever had. My Atlantic salmon was moist, tasty and just as good as any I've had in New York or California. We met several friends who were also dining at the restaurant and had nothing to say but good things about their experiences. The panna cotta dessert was yummy and prepared with a lavender infusion that added whimsy. The service was friendly, warm and professional. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good....but slowMphandDined on 10/26/2013Great atmosphere and decor. Generous portions and nice presentation. Service was very slow which seemed a problem of the kitchen, not the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New FavoriteGrandmommyof6Dined on 9/27/2013From start to finish, this is an outstanding newer restaurant in El Paso. Everyone must try the lobster tacos as an appetizer. The salsas are incredible (and incredibly hot!). Great food, fast, friendly, and funny server. Will return soon. You must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West Side GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2013Great food, inventive menu, a nice atmosphere and impecable service. I will return. The live music was great, and not too loud to be obtrusive, but was definitely enjoyable. Lobster taco appetizer is a must try.Special Features:
- The atmosphere in this placeNYFoodieDined on 8/23/2013The atmosphere in this place was pretty cool. I sat outside to enjoy the breeze and ordered the KJ Brand Reserve merlot which was a very delicious and robust wine. For the appetizer ordered the Hamachi Tartar which was pretty darn good. They used the right amount of acidity and the crackers that accompanied it gave it a nice little crunch. The fish tasted fresh and the glimpses of sweetness they drizzled on the plate gave it a nice touch. For an entree I got the Duck Mole. The duck was perfectly perfectly I mean perfectly cooked and worked together with the rice and friend quail egg. I recommend everyone get Lobster Tacos, just watch out for the accompanying red sauce, talk about SPICYYYY. Overall my experience here was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome new place!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2013Really impressed, so far, with this restaurant- we have dined here twice and both times the food was impeccable and the service was outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menu and well executed.signoret76VIPDined on 7/17/2013I had the new york steak. I enjoyed the touch of salsa and grilled onions. The meat was cooked just as ordered. The beer selection is also a plus.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD,,,SERVICE SO SO !!angelDined on 7/6/2013GREAT PALCE,,,,GREAT FOOD,,,GREAT ATMOSPHERE,,DECOR,,ALL AROUND,,,GREAT!!!,BUT THE WAITRES WAS,,QUITE SLOW,,ONCE SHE SERVED OUR FOOD,,,FORGOT ABOUT US,AFTER THAT,,,,FOR MORE, DRINKS ,,,Special Features:
- First time to visit this restaurantFirstSuzuDined on 6/28/2013First time to visit this restaurant......very nice experience. Beautiful decor and food.Special Features:
- Hot SpotDann1Dined on 6/13/2013Loves the food, service and mood of the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.