211 W. Front Street
Wheaton, IL 60187Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.suzettescreperie.com/
- Phone: 6304620898
- Hours of Operation:
French-inspired Bakery open Monday-Saturday 7am - restaurant close; Sunday 8am - 2 pm Breakfast: Monday - Saturday 7am-11am; Sunday 8am-11am Brunch: Sunday 11-2 Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11 - 3 Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday 5 - 9pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30 - 10:00pm Afternoon Tea: Monday-Saturday 2 p.m., Sunday 1 p.m.(Must specify English or French Tea when making reservations)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Donna Hesik
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Suzette's kitchen staff as well as waitstaff are available for any catered affair from an intimate dinner to baby or bridal showers and wedding receptions. The catering and special events manager can help plan every detail of your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Suzette's is the perfect location for Baby or Bridal Showers, Birthdays, Anniversaries and small Wedding Receptions or Rehearsal Dinners. Suzette's can accommodate groups up to 50. The intimacy of the dining room and the personal attention of the staff makes clients feel like they are entertaining in their own home.
- Entertainment: Suzette's Boulangerie & Patisserie by day turns into a jazz lounge by night on Friday evening. Our live Jazz features both classic jazz tunes as well as requests. Every year we celebrate Bastille Day with a three day Jazz Festival featuring guest artists and a Grand French Picnic. Call for Jazz schedule and details.
- Special Events: Many special events are planned throughout the year including cooking classes, wine dinners and Christmas Tea. Please check our website for details.
- Cross Street: West of Main Street
- Public Transit: Three blocks east of the Union Pacific West Metra Line, Downtown Wheaton Station
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Suzette's is conveniently located next to the free Downtown Parking Garage. Free parking is also available on the street.
A word from Suzette's Creperie
Suzette's is a cozy French Bistro specializing in both sweet and savory crepes and hearty bistro fare. Our wine list features all French wine. Attached to the restaurant is a French-inspired boulangerie and patisserie. Everyday Afternoon Tea is served. Suzette's pleasure is to provide excellent food and wine in a comfortable atmosphere that encourages our clientele to have a relaxing dining experience. In the summer the dining room extends to an outdoor patio filled with plants, flowers and fountain. Live Jazz Friday nights is reminiscent of the Hot Jazz Clubs of Paris. Located close to Wheaton College and in the heart of Historic Downtown Wheaton , Suzette's is a destination for dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Suzette's Creperie - Best Restaurants in Wheaton ›
Suzette's Creperie reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)romantic (49)fit for foodies (45)special occasion (45)great for lunch (31)great for brunch (29)great for outdoor dining (24)notable wine list (21)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great atmosphereJae3Dined on 10/18/2014we both ordered of the fall menu, the pumpkin Apple soup was amazing! The fall vegetable crepe was excellent and quite filling! The wine suggestion was appreciated and paired well with my meal. We will be back!Special Features:
- Delightful every timeLauraDined on 10/10/2014Food is wonderful every time. The staff is extremely knowledgeable about the menu, and their service is prompt, thoughtful, and most pleasant. They go out of their way to create a lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DixieDined on 9/27/2014The food was very good but EXPENSIVE. The music was very good on Saturday night but definitely makes talking a little more difficult.Special Features:
- Special Breakfast/Brunch/LunchawatermanDined on 9/27/2014This is a place I enjoy dining at for a special meal. The service is very professional and knowledgeable, yet very personable. The highback winged chairs are so great. Leaning back and drinking (amazing) coffee catching up with a friend you haven't seen in awhile is my favorite thing to do at Suzette's. I have yet to eat something I didn't LOVE. The menu contains sophisticated plates as well as simple familiar foods - good for foodies and semi-picky eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take time for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/21/2014I think Suzette's is great for when you have time a lenghty brunch. The food is good, but very rich so if your on a diet, prob not the place for you. The tea is very good. The sevice is slow, and there have been one or two times that I've dined here that I've waited nearly 15 min just to get approached by a server. Since it is one open room, it can get a little crowded, but I would recommend going at least once to try the place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Great food, excellent service by David and Gene but be ready to open your wallet.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Our ladies' night out at Suzzette was not very pleasant. First time here so we asked waiter about their $30 Three courses special menu shows on their website, he said they don't serve special menu so we had no choice but order from their regular menu, when I showed him the ad from their website on my cell he said he didn't know and will check with the owner. We asked for wine list and the waiter said their experience bar tender will come over to recommend their best wine and guess what we had to ask twice in order for bar tender to attend our table and he just gave us a menu and walk away and of course the owner never showed up to explain about the $30 three courses special.Special Features:
- A GemtravelkingDined on 9/20/2014A great place to sit and relax over a nice dinner. Check-in was odd. we had a reservation...They had us wait while 2 people figured out where to seat us! took almost 5 minutes????It was early and hardly anyone was there? Odd....but the overall experience was fineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CrepesMikeCDined on 9/20/2014This was a very good place for dinner. The music on Saturday night was nice. They took special requests and were very friendly with the crowd. Suzette's is kind of small but is able to handle a good sized crowd. The food was delicious and the variety was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was lacking significantlyWheatieDined on 9/19/2014Service was incredibly slow and sub par. Fondue was wonderful, french onion soup not so much. Outdoor patio was lovely with nice jazz ensemble.Special Features:
- Romantic RestaurantCrepefanDined on 9/12/2014We love this place. The food is consistently fabulous, especially the Bananas Foster. We would highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Great find!garycDined on 9/12/2014Was looking for something new and found this. It's a nice, quiet place with quaint, tasteful decor. We were greeted and seated by the owner who informed us they expect diners to relax and take their time with their meal. We were in no hurry and had no problem with that! We went with French Onion and mussells for appetizers. The soup is excellent! We'll be back just for more of that. The mussels were good, but next time I'll get the soup. Plenty of other appetizers options too, and I suspect we'll be coming back to try them. For entrees we a coffee rubbed pork tenderloin dish and beef bourguignon crepes. Both were delicious. Desserts were equally delicious. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great spot for celebrationshungry4moreDined on 8/29/2014Celebrated my birthday in style with great food, great wine and a very comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:
- A bit expensivemelmazDined on 8/27/2014Some items were a bit expensive for what you got. It's location doesn't deem the top pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suzette's is always a favorite!KatherineDined on 8/26/2014Excellent dining experience. Suzette's has it all- beyond delicious food, service and atmosphere. Best part is being able to take home pastries and a quiche from the bakery for the next day!Special Features:
- GramcrackerDined on 8/23/2014Excellent crepes. Enjoyed eating outside on the patio. Kids were treated well. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Great French dining in WheatonRonBVIPDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful little local restaurant with exquisite French cooking and an all-French wine list. Every meal has been excellent. Plus good jazz music on Friday nights on the outdoor patio (doesn't interfere with conversations in the main dining area). We love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special requestsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014On Open Table you ask if there are any special requests - why ask if they are not going to be acknowledged or commented on. For four women we asked for separate checks. I have no idea how Open Table works but it was never mentioned that request could not be honored. It would have been very nice to know that going in. They were kind enough to break down the bill for us per person. Not a huge deal, just mentioning why there was no comment or reply to the request. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Great EntertainmentJohnnyZDined on 8/16/2014The food and service are both first rate. Judy Roberts provides excellent entertainment. No rush to turn tables so your group can order, eat, drink and enjoy without being rushedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food & jazzJohnnyZDined on 8/2/2014The food is good and the service is not rushed on a busy Saturday night allowing us to enjoy both the food and the entertainment which is first rate. We'll be back and will bring our friends.Special Features:
- Great music and great foodchikatunDined on 8/1/2014It has been 2 years since I come here last time. It used to be difficult to find a talbe before, but they expanded the restaurant space and it became much eary to make a reservation. The service, food and music, everything is wonderful. I would come back more often from now on, especially in summer when they have live jazz music.Special Features:
- Good food, bar "out" of thingsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/31/2014Been here often. Still a very nice dinner, good food, although prep time was longer than usual. Our bar experience was a bit disappointing. They were out of two normal bar requisites. The reason , as told, is that the bartender"Anton" was no longer there. Will return, as I'm sure they will resolve the problem. A pleasant experience nonetheless.Special Features:
- Amazing!!TonyVIPDined on 7/29/2014What a beautiful experience! Great service, ambience and food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eggroll2Dined on 7/26/2014This restaurant was fabulous. Loved the food, wine and entertainment. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerswanrobVIPDined on 7/26/2014A cozy, intimate restaurant with live music from a grand piano player and a saxophonist, reasonably priced crepe menu, and good wine made for a very enjoyable evening. Plenty of free available parking either on the street or a next door free parking garage makes your visit even more enjoyable and stress free. Great for couples.Special Features:
- Romantic & JazzMikeBDined on 7/26/2014Suzette's is a great French restaurant. In the summer they have a terrific jazz combo on Sat night. Even without the jazz, the atmosphere is superb. Quite, dimly lit, cozy. Service is outstanding, as is the food, and surprisingly affordable. We made a reservation to go back while we were there. Highly recommended for a special romantic dinner.Special Features:
- mjhkDined on 7/23/2014Our small group was at Suzette's for English Tea. A lovely setting to enjoy a wonderful variety of savories and sweets and tea. A memorable experience!Special Features:
- Marvelous special site for ladiesrunnerDined on 7/23/2014I held my special 75th Birthday Party there and could not have been more happy! The food is exceptionally good, the service extraordinary (Hannah), the desserts the best we have ever had. The surroundings suggest a more gentile time for "ladies who lunch" and will be my destination as often as I can arrange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at suzettesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2014our individual waitress was very nice and helpful. otherwise, the rest of the staff was almost rude. they behavied as if we were wasting their time. the restuarant was almost empty that night, so it wasn't that they were busy. the hostess didn't smile once and behaved as if it was a burden bringing us to our table. Another staff member spilled a dessert on one of our dinner party and did not apologize or bring anything to help clean it off. the food is excellent, but we felt as if we were wasting their time, and they could not wait to get us out of there. not a french dining experice - again, other than the one waitress that was very pleasant. i have dined at suzettes many times and have never been treated this badly.Special Features:
- Not As Good As Last TimeBadtasteVIPDined on 7/12/2014Had a terrific dinner here a few months back, but a recent lunch was a mixed bag. Onion soup was a good as ever, and sandwiches and beef crepe were ok. But my ham crepe wasn't fully cooked, so it arrived lukewarm and tasting of flour. And my fried shrimp beignet appetizer was a mistake, with one shrimp dark brown and the other pale tan, served in a flavorless broth that, of course, made the breading soggy and fall off. Also didn't understand why the manager stood right next to our table for an extended period to hold a loud conversation with a favorite guest. Made it impossible to hear each other in a quiet room.
- Many returnsRitzelrossDined on 7/12/2014I recently had brunch with my friend who now lives in South Carolina. We were one of first customers when Suzette's opened in the small room that is now the bakery. Have always loved it. I have been there for wedding anniversary, mother-daughter lunch, crepes with my grand daughters, Christmas tea, jazz nights. A great place for a feel,of special dining out!Special Features:
- Favorite placelovesuzettesDined on 7/10/2014This is the ultimate place for a girls time. However, I did see men there :-). This last time even a man dining by himself that just kept raving to the server how delicious his choices were. It is quaint and has a great selection of wonderful food. The portion sizes are perfect for me (my mom can never finish hers). You should try Suzette's next time you are looking for a place to connect with someone.Special Features:
- SpartyBoilerVIPDined on 7/5/20142nd time there, both for breakfast. Had the french eggs, very good, others had bannana nutella crepe which was delicious. Service was very good. Only thing I didn't like was the applewood smoked bacon. Very expensive and overcooked. Overall very quaint place. Will definetely be back to try the eggs benedictSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 602 reviews are from the Suzette's Creperie reviews archive.
- Always the bestJunebugDined on 6/28/2014I love this place. We've never had a bad meal. The food is fabulous and the setting is such a quiet tucked away spot in downtown Wheaton that you almost forget you are in the burbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday EveningGEEZEEVIPDined on 6/27/2014My family made reservations on Friday night and asked to sit on the patio. The patio was beautiful, the food was amazing, and the music was entertaining! We had a great time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Our waiter David was friendly, efficient, and helpful. Food was fantastic as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FigcookieDined on 6/25/2014We were on vacation, went there for tea. Just delightful. Food perfect, many "seconds" offered by server and tea pot refilled generously. I also loved the room arrangement - tables with wing chairs for two guests as well as other tables for larger groups. Unfortunately, I live in another state and cannot go to Suzette's often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedtoujoursmangerDined on 6/23/2014I am never disappointed (nor are my guests) when I visit Suzettes. Food is excellent and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lovely placeDuPageDined on 6/16/2014This is a perfect choice if you want great food and you want to sit and talk with friends. Staff is very friendly and do not seat people on top of each other. Great place to have a conversation without hearing other diners. I had a crepe from the seasonal menu and my friend had salad, both were excellent. It is nice to not be rushed by staff. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Absolutely FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Amazing find. Searched online for a place to take my stepdad for Father's Day breakfast in the area. Couldn't have been happier with choice. Had delightful meal in the garden out back of French scrambled eggs in black truffle oil and with smoked salmon and creme frâiche. Our server Rachel was excellent and had the loveliest smile. Highly recommend! Six stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.