4345 W. Northwest Highway #270
Dallas, TX 75220Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.suzerestaurant.net/
- Phone: (214) 350-6135
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday, 10:30am - 2:30pm. Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday, 5:30pm - 10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Gilbert Garza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Full service off-site catering.
A word from Suze Restaurant
Suze is a warm and cozy neighborhood bistro specializing in well prepared meals based on the freshest, locally available ingredients. The menu changes seasonally with daily specials based on recipes from around the world, so come back often! Deserts are made fresh daily by our pastry chef Teri Sugimoto. Our wine list is reasonably priced and most wines are available by the glass as well as the bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Suze Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Preston Hollow ›
Suze Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (24)romantic (16)special occasion (13)notable wine list (9)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Suze still going strongBobKVIPDined on 11/22/2014Suze has been around over 15 years. It still is hard to get into on weekends because of the longtime followers. The food is wonderful, along with the service. The only thing wrong about Suze is how small the dining area is. I guess they want it to be small and intimate like a French bistro. Whatever they do seems to be working, since it is full each time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Againc2foodieDined on 11/22/2014A friend and I ate dinner there on 11/22/14 to celebrate our birthdays that are a few days apart. We mentioned we were going to split several of the dishes and they brought it to the table already divided up. The foie gras was amazing and the branzino was perfectly prepared, The waitress overheard us toasting to our birthdays and surprised us with the Chocolate 'Gob', their deservedly most popular desert. Loved the whole experience and look forward to my next opportunity to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The food is the best part of any dining experience and Suze really shines here. The portion size is ample, the presentation is appetizing and the flavor is superb. The wait staff was attentive without hovering. My only knock is the ambiance as it was a little noisier than I'd like, but just a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experience at SuzeChochemDined on 11/8/2014We haven't been to Suze's in quite a few months and decided to go with good friends because we like the atmosphere of a small restaurant. We were delighted that the food was so delicious and the service so accommodating. We look forward to going there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in the desertDustinBoswellDined on 11/5/2014This was a delightful find. We really didn't want the "half a steer" experience of a steakhouse, but it wasn't easy to find one. The food was simply delicious. The service was impeccable, knowledgeable, friendly and unobtrusive. I would absolutely recommend Suze, and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right Place - Wrong GroupJackDined on 10/15/2014Outstanding food. Not a place to meet with laborer friends after work. Take spouse or significant other. Very limited beer list. Great experience. Should be $$$ not $$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDiningPrinceDined on 10/1/2014Whenever I have gone to SUZE we've always had a great meal, good time, and left happy. It's small, quaint, service oriented, and always tasty. Especially the venison which is the best in Dallas, in my opinion. I recently chose to have my birthday party there and I was not disappointed. It was intimate for my friends, accommodating as I kept adding people to the table, and I got my venison dish even though it wasn't on the current menu. This is why I keep coming back. Love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really enjoyed it!drinkingdfwDined on 9/27/2014Chose Suze semi-randomly and loved it! We got to our 8:30 reservation and they were running a bit behind because it's a small restaurant and they had a surprise 13 top come in. No problem, we sat on their comfortable patio furniture for 15 minutes and were seated, not only with their profuse apologies but also with a comped appetizer. The food (foie gras, kobe carpaccio, veal pasta, branzino, lamb, venison) were all great...like, could be served at any restaurant in dallas great. the staff was super nice. i felt like i was in a five star restaurant that was constantly trying to overcompensate (in a good way) for being located in a strip mall. great service, great food. wine list looked great but we brought our own (BYOB w/$25 corking fee).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food! Awesome experience!EatDessertFirstDined on 9/19/2014Chef Gilbert is hands on with the food preparation and visits his patrons table to inquire about your experience! We were there as a foursome celebrating a birthday for our guest! We will return again soon!Special Features:
- LovetodineoutLovetodineoutDined on 9/11/2014In my experience you must have reservations for this small, cozy restaurant. The food is very good and the noise level is moderate, so one can have conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!!RobertVIPDined on 9/3/2014We really enjoyed our dinner from the appetizer, main course, and desert. The ability to bring our own special wine was just the "icing on the cake." We had not been in a few years and it was our loss - we will be back again very soon!! A most relaxing & enjoyable dinner from a neighborhood Jem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific againSczsaVIPDined on 9/2/2014Have been to Suze several times now and have always been very pleased with the service and food. This is just a cozy and dependable neighborhood gem. They pay attention to detail and quality and it shows in the food. Service is attentive without being overbearing. Had the house made pasta with Bolognese sauce this time - it was rich, deep in flavor and simply delicious.Special Features:
- Simply WonferfulTonyVIPDined on 8/23/2014I tend to be a wine snob so am always on the look out for a good place I can bring my own wine. A friend brought me here and am I glad she did. Food was fantastic, service was amazing. Always a nice tough when the Chef and Proprietor comes out to say hello. Really top notch in a place you would never think it. Can not wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerjgstbDined on 8/23/2014Everytime we go to Suze's we have an excellent time. The food is truly outstanding and we love the cozy feel of the restaurant. It is truly one of our favorite places to go for dinner.Special Features:
- Always GreathappydinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014We haven't dined at Suze' in a very long time (not sure why!). The food was delicious, the staff great and all and all a great dinner experience. And, you can bring your own wine for a cork fee of $25. That is a great option if you're in to expensive wine. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise Hotel Recommendationtri2dineDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant was on the Embassy Suites Love Field recommended dining places outside the hotel. Usually, those are mediocre at best, but Suze Restaurant was absolutely fantastic. The carpacio was one of the best I've ever had outside of Tuscany and the Texas Red Fish special on purple sticky rice blew me away. Definitely a do over, and over, and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice first experienceDallasdiner81VIPDined on 8/16/2014intimate, neighborhood restaurant feel. Great service and recommendations from our waiter. Soft shell crab appetizer was delicious as was the mussels, just wish they would have served some bread with it so we could have enjoyed the broth even more! I had a blackened redfish special that was so delicious. I also tried a bite of steak and pasta and it was all wonderful. Would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014We absolutely loved our first visit to Suze. The service was excellent, the food was delicious and the atmosphere was fun. We'll be sure to go back to dine at Suze again.Special Features:
- great neighborhood restaurantBusterVIPDined on 8/15/2014Excellent menu, great wine list THAT IS AFFORDABLE. The owner has some excellent wines that don't have the usual 200% mark up. Very good wines at practical prices. Pleasant, helpful staff - some have been there for over 10 years so they know what they are doing. Their two types of steak preparations are very good; as are their crab cakes. highly recommended.Special Features:
- word of mouthValentinesVIPDined on 8/12/2014we were told about Suze on a Friday night, the next Tuesday, we were there enjoying a great meal and BYOB! Friendly staff, food was very good, and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy DinerhappydinerDined on 8/7/2014I've always been a fan of Suze, but with all the choices we have in Dallas I hadn't been there in a few years. Friends from Chicago who come to Dallas regularly were in town and I always try to take them to a different spot. Suze was our choice this past week and it was just as good as I remember. I had the grouper which was wonderful and both of them had pasta dishes which they loved. We all had the Suze salad and the bread and infused olive oil before our entrees (YUM). Also shared sticky toffee pudding for dessert....ahhhhhh! I won't wait a few years to go back again :).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/6/2014This is a wonderful neighborhood spot with terrific food. Never disappointed. However the night we here, there were two, very loud groups, which made conversing with our dinner partners very challenging.
- Great Food. Reasonable PriceGoodFood4MeDined on 8/5/2014The Food at Suze is fantastic. Its not going to be the cheapest place that you go for a dinner but if you want really well prepared food with awesome ingredients you're going to be hard pressed to beat it. I'm not a big wine drinker but the champagne we had while there was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014Suze was very crowded for a Midweek night, so the selection of a good table was very limited. Had to settle for a two top that was stuck in the back corner... However, the food was delicious, and the service was very good. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 482 reviews are from the Suze Restaurant reviews archive.
- Always GoodParkCitiesFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014Suze is a small restaurant, and many of the patrons are frequent diners. The food was good, and there was a good wine list. Additionally, if you want to bring your own wine, there is a $25 corkage fee that is waive before 6:30 and on Wednesdays (I believe).Special Features:
- You have seen my comments beforeimonsecondVIPDined on 7/23/2014This is my absolute favorite neighborhood restaurant and we eat out a LOT and yet we come back here regularly. So I have nothing new to add. It has great food, the chef has a delicate amazing touch with a select menu, and service is great and personable. They have a neon sign that says "Get In Here" and so you should.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about the flavorScorpionfishVIPDined on 7/19/2014Stereotypical fine dining and I mean it in positive way. There are many posers, but this is the real deal. We've eaten here a couple of times and every dish has been epitome of fanciful flavor. The food reeks of savory goodness. Dessert can be hit and miss. The venue is a little rough around the edges and a two-person table is a bit small, but it is all about the food. I would like to see Gilbert Garza on Chopped.Special Features:
- daysgonebyDined on 7/18/2014Luze is a small restaurant that consistently has excellent service and food.It is truly a neighborhood gem. The only problem is that are so good , you may have trouble getting the reservation time you want unless you call several days in advance. Th return rate must be off the chart. I have dined here for years.Special Features:
- Great food in a small settingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014Suze never disappoints. The food and service are always good. Not the best location.....but definitely a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably greatimonsecondVIPDined on 7/8/2014It's definitely a neighborhood gem...intimate, romantic and great food. Try the Salmon or Rack of Lamb or Mushroom Ravioli. It's my favorite local restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencejgstbDined on 7/8/2014The food was outstanding and the price reasonable. One of my favorite places in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatJG99Dined on 7/5/2014We've never had anything but a perfect experience at Suze. The food, service and atmosphere make it the ultimate go to neighborhood restaurant. In fact, it's among our favorites in the entire city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurant gem!PinkieDined on 6/18/2014Our favorite tucked away secret dining venue. Atmosphere, food and service are above and beyond anything else in Dallas! Have never once had a bad experience there. Chef Gilbert brings an exceptional flair to his dishes. Staff treats you like "family".Special Features:
- If Your in the NeighborhoodLJGOKVIPDined on 6/13/2014This little jewel tucked away next to an Albertson's grocery just off Northwest Highway provided a super meal at a reasonable price. Menu has something for everyone and is creative enough to satisfy most foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood choice.CaseyDined on 6/6/2014Suze has very good food and service. average ambiance.Special Features:
- KathyDined on 5/29/2014This place has superb food and is quiet enough that people can actually have conversation. The staff is really about as perfect or better than are at any restaurant in town.Special Features:
- saladonorthDined on 5/24/2014Our dining experience was superb. The Australian lamb was so tender. The food presentation So beautifully executed and The wait staff were so attentive. We have dined here before and plan to Return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatkimconsultVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food is lovely an always wonderful. Small dining room and a bit tight but overall worth every penny.Special Features:
- OutstandingrdevoVIPDined on 5/16/2014We had a great experience at Suze. The service and food were outstanding. Can't wait to go back with friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/16/2014Great neighborhood resturant. Very good food and u can take your own wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.