502 W. Ojai Ave.
Ojai, CA 93023Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.suzannescuisine.com/
- Phone: 8056401961
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Monday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday: 5:30pm - 8:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Closed on Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Suzanne Roll
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Suzanne's Cuisine
Welcome to Suzanne's Cuisine. We offer our contemporary European cuisine lovingly prepared and served in a home and garden setting. Chef/owner Suzanne Roll has created a varied menu that highlights the years that she lived in France along with her Italian-American heritage. Most ingredients are sourced locally and hand-selected by Suzanne. Serving wines from our Wine Spectator Award of Excellence winning list in addition to cocktails from our bar. All desserts are homemade.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Suzanne's Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Ojai ›
Suzanne's Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (57)special occasion (54)great for outdoor dining (49)fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (42)great for lunch (26)great for brunch (18)scenic view (17)notable wine list (16)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- SuzannesVincentDined on 8/31/2014Had the filet mignon all 3 of us. Very good on all 3 counts, meat was flavorful and tender. Beet salad was also very tasty. Potatoes were lacking however and the steamed veggies were rather bland. Dessert menu was very good, had the cheese cake. Extensive wine list but did not order. Service was very attentive. I'll go back next time in Ojai.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Had a wonderful brunch/lunch. The heirloom tomato salad was delicious!Special Features:
- NanacarDined on 8/27/2014Wonderful lunch in a pretty setting! It was perfect for catching up with old friends!Special Features:
- Suzanne'sJudymDined on 8/24/2014Celebrated our anniversary with a yummy martini, delicious zucchini flower stuffed appetizer, delicious dinner, and sumptuous ice cream dessert. Beautiful garden view on the rear patio dining area. A definite must-do-again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLababsyDined on 8/20/2014Suzanne's came highly recommended by others who had been to Ojai - it was my friends and my first time there -and it completely lived up to its reputation! Excellent food, beautifully presented by charming servers. Lovely setting that we thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:
- Charming and romantic placeJamesDined on 8/9/2014Charming ambience and super service. They are very attentive to the customers. Food is excellent, prices are a little on the high side. Charming setting with fountain and back garden . Front porch seating looks interesting if not too hot.Special Features:
- hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014food sooo delicious.....5star outdoor patio place to be romance romance romance Dessert a must HaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply FabulousZACKVIPDined on 8/2/2014Drove to Ojai from the San Fernando Valley for an event at a local school. Wanted to have dinner nearby & remembered Suzanne's from a previous trip. Six of us had dinner and there were only rave reviews. From the salads, Branzino, Salmon, etc. to the great desserts, dinner was just wonderful. Everyone thanked me for suggesting Suzanne's & I said to my wife as we drove back to LA, "Why don't we come up here for dinner more often. It's certainly worth the hour plus drive to have perfectly prepared everything." Thanks to all the staff at Suzanne's for a memorable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class ActOpenTableReviewsDined on 7/27/2014My wife and I were in Ojai for one night.... Read good things about Suzanne's on the web. All true. Great food and a really nice table near the garden on the back patio. Very pleased.Special Features:
- Lovely settingJohnVIPDined on 7/21/2014Lovely setting like a backyard patio and great food!Special Features:
- Very attentiveEricRDined on 7/20/2014I have a number of dietary restrictions. Our waitress Heidi was very attentive to my restrictions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousboyonfilmVIPDined on 7/16/2014Well-deserved of its status as the best fine dining in Ojai. But it's no big-box establishment--still retains its local, mom and pop type vibe while being among the best meals I've had in SoCal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014This is a wonderful restaurant! We travel here two to three times a year, from Orange County, to eat here and visit Bart's Books!Special Features:
- Loved Suzanne's Cuizine!Eateries2rememberDined on 7/2/2014We'd made the reservation for our 25th wedding anniversary ahead of time so that we could dine in the back by the lovely country garden. Everything was lovely. I have a lot of dietary restrictions, but they were very accomodating. The place filled up as the evening went on, but the noise of others wasn't even noticed. Went here many years ago...we were glad we returned for this special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripSantaBarbaraFanDined on 7/2/2014We ordered a lot because everything sounded so good, and the surprise was that there was nothing disappointing. Even the espresso was much better than even the specialty coffee shops.Special Features:
- The gem of OjaiFoodnwinelvrDined on 6/29/2014Great food,excellent service, and extensive and very FAIR wine list. Couldn't have picked a better place for an anniversary dinner. Reservations are a must and be sure to request a table on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Eatery!LylsDined on 6/27/2014My first time visiting Suzanne's Cuisine, and I will definitely return! The food was delicious (we had the portobello mushroom sandwich and the tuna bruschetta), service was great and the decor/garden area were just lovely! You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014After checking in with our reservations we were wished a happy anniversary. They proceeded to seat us next to a bachelorette party. Not so romantic. They did move us once we complained. The service was mediocre at best and the food was ok. We were disappointed, we have dined there many times before and the food was much better in the past. When it came time for dessert, no mention of our anniversary, no candle, no nothing. The table next to us got a candle for something. All in all we were very disappointed. It was like they didn't even try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in OjaiNeilEDined on 6/20/2014This is probably the best fine-dining restaurant in Ojai. Well-crafted California cuisine using lots of local produce and an excellent wine list.Special Features:
- Happy to returnmubest313Dined on 6/20/2014Suzanne's has never disappointed when visiting Ojai. Group of 4 selected choices both on menu and specials and all were fine. Desserts were a fine close to menu. Particularly enjoyed the in house sorbets...Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchbrunchersDined on 6/15/2014Suzanne’s Cuisine is my favorite spot for Sunday Brunch, even though it is 30+ miles from home. There is a good variety of menu items to please most every pallet. We had a delicious cheesecake for dessert that was light and fluffy. The servers are very professional, polite and accommodating. I always ask for a table on the patio because it is both peaceful and the garden view is beautiful. The abundance of fresh flowers in vases throughout the restaurant adds to the ambiance.Special Features:
- Lovely LunchontherivieraVIPDined on 6/14/2014My daughter and I enjoyed a lovely Saturday lunch on the patio, overlooking the garden at Suzanne's. Wonderful food and service - a very popular spot - a favorite whenever we spend time in Ojai.Special Features:
- Never disappointsJohannaDined on 6/12/2014My husband and I come to Suzanne's twice a year when we are in Ojai. It is always a great experience and was once again last weekend. The menu is interesting and varied. Every dish is wonderfully prepared and the service is always friendly and attentive. This is one of my very favorite restaurants. My husband adores the super chocolate ice cream - a chocolate lover's dream.Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceSteveVIPDined on 6/8/2014Everything was great. There were so many great options on the menu (and daily specials) that it was hard to choose. I suspect we shouldn't have stressed so much because everything we ordered was excellent. The waiter was super knowledgeable, right down to knowing the answer (chayote) to my question "what's this interesting vegetable under the soft-shelled crab?" before I could even finish the question.Special Features:
- A Favorite Dining ExperiencewhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 6/8/2014Every few weeks, we drive to Ojai just to dine at Suzanne's. It is lovely, a pleasant covered patio faces a lovely garden. A fireplace, fans and heaters are installed, so weather is never an issue. The service is always good, thank you Kari! The wine list has many great California wines, very affordable options. The Chimichurri Rib Eye is our favorite. We like to share the Blue Caesar, Delicious. The chef makes homemade ice creams-OMG. Afterwards, we leave our car in the parking lot and take a stroll down the main street. It is always a lovely day.Special Features:
- A Beautiful Meal...againLuvs2DineOutDined on 6/7/2014I've only been to Suzanne's Cuisine for one lunch and one dinner, but both were very special. The dinner was for Mother's Day. It was unlike any other Mother's Day restaurant experience I've had. You know how they can be: overcrowded, rushed, and sometimes frantic. Not here. Everything was fresh, nicely seasoned and cooked to perfection. I had the salmon dinner and it was moist and tender and the veggies and forbidden rice tasty. For lunch I enjoyed the best veggie quesadilla ever. Desserts are to die for. The brownie was unbelievable! Service is impeccable and friendly. You cannot have a bad meal here, I promise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNeilsenVIPDined on 5/31/2014Everything was fabulous. If you're in the area, you shouldn't miss it. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- A very enjoyable experienceOldBobDined on 5/31/2014We have come here three or four times for a special occasion. The food has always been excellent (we both had the pan grilled salmon over homemade sauerkraut) and the service superb. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and have no difficulty with reasonable special requests. Water glasses were filled without asking, and without the feeling that someone was hovering. The peanut butter chocolate torte is a great way to cap off the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/29/2014Excellent patio seating with great food & service. Real nice find in Ojai. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great quality and atmosphereRebeccaDined on 5/28/2014This was my first time here and had a beautiful table by the garden. The food quality was wonderful and creative with knowlegable service. However, it was a busy night and it took a while to have plates removed long after 1st course was completed and it took a very long time for the main meal to arrive. We had an 8:00 reservation and that was a little irritating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Romantic PlacegirgisVIPDined on 5/26/2014We came here for an anniversary and had a very nice time. The decor and food are great and the staff was very helpful. Even with drinks and dinner we spent less then a basic meal at the resort down the road.Special Features:
- Great food, misleading patioOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014We just went this weekend with a group of us who are turning 40. The food was excellent and the service was great. Our only disappointment was the outside patio. The website made it look like we would be more outside in the garden, instead of was covered and kind of dark, not what we were expecting. But, the food was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanidng dinner in OjaiVelaDined on 5/23/2014We had dinner at Suzanne's Cuisine on a Friday evening in May and it was fantastic. Service was very atentive and thoughtful. We're on a bit of a weight loss program and, accordingly, our server brought us olives in lieu of bread and sautgeed spinach in lieu of mashed potatoes. Asparagus soup was really tasty as was the special salad with Pixie tangerines. My wife had a salmon entree and I had braised lamb shank both of which were outstanding. We'll definitely make it to Suzanne's on our next visit to OjaiSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/21/2014FOOD WAS EXCELLENT! GREAT PLACE, GREAT ATMOSPHERE.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in OjaiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014Suzanne's is a must when we are in Ojai. We enjoy the patio that looks out to the garden. The food is always delicious and the wait-staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Try the Pixie Tangerine Cosmopolitan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best in ojaiSlueVIPDined on 5/18/2014We hadn't been to Ojai in 5 years but looked forward to Suzanne's again. The meal was even better than we remembered. Best calves liver and butterfish ever. Perfect service.Special Features:
- Varied menu in an idyllic settingJackNH54VIPDined on 5/14/2014We had an excellent experience here. The menu had so many interesting items it was hard to make a choice. I had the lamb which was superb and my companion had the branzino which was also done very nicely. The garden setting was also very nice. We highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- The following 251 reviews are from the Suzanne's Cuisine reviews archive.
- Never Disappoints, Never EverwhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 4/27/2014Our favorite dining in Ojai. We drive up regularly, 50 miles, for a very delicious and very relaxing meal. The owner and staff are gracious, friendly and provide service. The outdoor patio is delightful, casual yet romantic ambiance. A covered patio complete with heaters, fireplace and ceiling fans, whatever the temperature it is always comfortable. The chef is consistent with inventive and delicious fare. Our personal favorite is the Chimmichuri Rib Eye,comes with perfectly roasted potatoes and a cactus side that is unique, flavorful. Great crusty bread to "mop". The blue cheese Caesar is TASTY and large enough for two to "share". They make a special ice cream dessert here that is also large enough to share and SOOOOO worth the calories.Special Features:
- The "It" place in townCocoaMojoVIPDined on 4/18/2014Dined here hoping for a quiet lunch. The menu looked very intriguing, and it's a lovely craftsman bungalow that seemed relaxing. I enjoyed the well-prepared poached salmon was with a wonderful lemon cream sauce and asparagus, tomatoes and cucumber with dill sauce. I loved the duck pate appetizer - quiet sublime and extremely smooth, like a fois gras. Heavenly. I guess it's the hot place in town for groups to gather, as a foursome of ladies three tables away seemed to have an extremely lively conversation - so much so that I just had to move. The place was also packed with a genteel lady's birthday party and couples. Lunch was lovely, just more exuberant than I expected.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed it...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/17/2014Really enjoyed the food...one of the best racks of lamb I have ever had...desserts well worth the wait...Special Features: