502 W. Ojai Ave.
Ojai, CA 93023Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.suzannescuisine.com/
- Phone: 8056401961
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Monday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday: 5:30pm - 8:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Closed on Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Suzanne Roll
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Suzanne's Cuisine
Welcome to Suzanne's Cuisine. We offer our contemporary European cuisine lovingly prepared and served in a home and garden setting. Chef/owner Suzanne Roll has created a varied menu that highlights the years that she lived in France along with her Italian-American heritage. Most ingredients are sourced locally and hand-selected by Suzanne. Serving wines from our Wine Spectator Award of Excellence winning list in addition to cocktails from our bar. All desserts are homemade.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Suzanne's Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Ojai ›
Suzanne's Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (56)special occasion (52)fit for foodies (47)great for outdoor dining (46)neighborhood gem (41)great for lunch (26)great for brunch (19)notable wine list (16)scenic view (16)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- superb mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014There were so many selections on the menu that I wanted to try; they all sounded tasty. We chose the eggplant tart to start and it was excellent- a very light crust that did not take away from the delicious filling. Portions are very generous tho- maybe too generous. My husband had the pork medallions; the 3 medallions would have fed 2 people. We were traveling so unfortunately could not take a "doggie bag"Special Features:
- ExcellentBlackerDined on 9/13/2014While visiting Ojai we went here on a recommendation from local friends. This place is everything they said it was and more. The food, the service, the setting (charming outdoor covered patio with garden view)...all 5-star. I had a Bison filet that was one of the best dishes I've ever had anywhere. Reservations are definitely recommended on weekend nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you need to askOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The place was great, with one exception. They sat us at the worst table in the house. By the front door with all the foot traffic of the entire place. They did move us to another table when I asked to be moved. Some tables in all restaurants just should not be there. This is an expensive place which I don't mind, but if we had to stay at that table, it would be the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ojai gemqantelleDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed a wonderful lunch for a girls reunion on a Saturday. the restaurant has lovely corner booth units that offer privacy and space as well as tables in the middle of the table. It happened to be a heat wave around 100 degrees and the restaurant held a table for us inside as a courtesy which was very thoughtful and we readily accepted due to the heat that day. Food was fresh and delicious, service impeccable. I would highly recommend this lovely spot just outside of downtown Ojai.Special Features:
- South of France in OjaiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Romantic ambiance, reminiscent of the South of France, or perhaps Monet's gardens (ask for back patio seating), and very competent, fresh and flavorful fare!
- Good but also underwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/1/2014As our first visit to Ojai we were looking forward to dinner at the recommended Suzanne's. While the food was certainly good, it was not outstanding as we had expected given the feedback from previous diners. We ate just after the labor day weekend and it seemed as though all the staff energy had been used up over a busy weekend with little left for diners the following week.Special Features:
- SuzannesVincentDined on 8/31/2014Had the filet mignon all 3 of us. Very good on all 3 counts, meat was flavorful and tender. Beet salad was also very tasty. Potatoes were lacking however and the steamed veggies were rather bland. Dessert menu was very good, had the cheese cake. Extensive wine list but did not order. Service was very attentive. I'll go back next time in Ojai.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Had a wonderful brunch/lunch. The heirloom tomato salad was delicious!Special Features:
- NanacarDined on 8/27/2014Wonderful lunch in a pretty setting! It was perfect for catching up with old friends!Special Features:
- Suzanne'sJudymDined on 8/24/2014Celebrated our anniversary with a yummy martini, delicious zucchini flower stuffed appetizer, delicious dinner, and sumptuous ice cream dessert. Beautiful garden view on the rear patio dining area. A definite must-do-again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLababsyDined on 8/20/2014Suzanne's came highly recommended by others who had been to Ojai - it was my friends and my first time there -and it completely lived up to its reputation! Excellent food, beautifully presented by charming servers. Lovely setting that we thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:
- Charming and romantic placeJamesDined on 8/9/2014Charming ambience and super service. They are very attentive to the customers. Food is excellent, prices are a little on the high side. Charming setting with fountain and back garden . Front porch seating looks interesting if not too hot.Special Features:
- hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014food sooo delicious.....5star outdoor patio place to be romance romance romance Dessert a must HaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply FabulousZACKVIPDined on 8/2/2014Drove to Ojai from the San Fernando Valley for an event at a local school. Wanted to have dinner nearby & remembered Suzanne's from a previous trip. Six of us had dinner and there were only rave reviews. From the salads, Branzino, Salmon, etc. to the great desserts, dinner was just wonderful. Everyone thanked me for suggesting Suzanne's & I said to my wife as we drove back to LA, "Why don't we come up here for dinner more often. It's certainly worth the hour plus drive to have perfectly prepared everything." Thanks to all the staff at Suzanne's for a memorable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class ActOpenTableReviewsDined on 7/27/2014My wife and I were in Ojai for one night.... Read good things about Suzanne's on the web. All true. Great food and a really nice table near the garden on the back patio. Very pleased.Special Features:
- Lovely settingJohnVIPDined on 7/21/2014Lovely setting like a backyard patio and great food!Special Features:
- Very attentiveEricRDined on 7/20/2014I have a number of dietary restrictions. Our waitress Heidi was very attentive to my restrictions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousboyonfilmVIPDined on 7/16/2014Well-deserved of its status as the best fine dining in Ojai. But it's no big-box establishment--still retains its local, mom and pop type vibe while being among the best meals I've had in SoCal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014This is a wonderful restaurant! We travel here two to three times a year, from Orange County, to eat here and visit Bart's Books!Special Features:
- Loved Suzanne's Cuizine!Eateries2rememberDined on 7/2/2014We'd made the reservation for our 25th wedding anniversary ahead of time so that we could dine in the back by the lovely country garden. Everything was lovely. I have a lot of dietary restrictions, but they were very accomodating. The place filled up as the evening went on, but the noise of others wasn't even noticed. Went here many years ago...we were glad we returned for this special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripSantaBarbaraFanDined on 7/2/2014We ordered a lot because everything sounded so good, and the surprise was that there was nothing disappointing. Even the espresso was much better than even the specialty coffee shops.Special Features:
- The gem of OjaiFoodnwinelvrDined on 6/29/2014Great food,excellent service, and extensive and very FAIR wine list. Couldn't have picked a better place for an anniversary dinner. Reservations are a must and be sure to request a table on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Eatery!LylsDined on 6/27/2014My first time visiting Suzanne's Cuisine, and I will definitely return! The food was delicious (we had the portobello mushroom sandwich and the tuna bruschetta), service was great and the decor/garden area were just lovely! You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014After checking in with our reservations we were wished a happy anniversary. They proceeded to seat us next to a bachelorette party. Not so romantic. They did move us once we complained. The service was mediocre at best and the food was ok. We were disappointed, we have dined there many times before and the food was much better in the past. When it came time for dessert, no mention of our anniversary, no candle, no nothing. The table next to us got a candle for something. All in all we were very disappointed. It was like they didn't even try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in OjaiNeilEDined on 6/20/2014This is probably the best fine-dining restaurant in Ojai. Well-crafted California cuisine using lots of local produce and an excellent wine list.Special Features:
- Happy to returnmubest313Dined on 6/20/2014Suzanne's has never disappointed when visiting Ojai. Group of 4 selected choices both on menu and specials and all were fine. Desserts were a fine close to menu. Particularly enjoyed the in house sorbets...Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchbrunchersDined on 6/15/2014Suzanne’s Cuisine is my favorite spot for Sunday Brunch, even though it is 30+ miles from home. There is a good variety of menu items to please most every pallet. We had a delicious cheesecake for dessert that was light and fluffy. The servers are very professional, polite and accommodating. I always ask for a table on the patio because it is both peaceful and the garden view is beautiful. The abundance of fresh flowers in vases throughout the restaurant adds to the ambiance.Special Features:
- Lovely LunchontherivieraVIPDined on 6/14/2014My daughter and I enjoyed a lovely Saturday lunch on the patio, overlooking the garden at Suzanne's. Wonderful food and service - a very popular spot - a favorite whenever we spend time in Ojai.Special Features:
- Never disappointsJohannaDined on 6/12/2014My husband and I come to Suzanne's twice a year when we are in Ojai. It is always a great experience and was once again last weekend. The menu is interesting and varied. Every dish is wonderfully prepared and the service is always friendly and attentive. This is one of my very favorite restaurants. My husband adores the super chocolate ice cream - a chocolate lover's dream.Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceSteveVIPDined on 6/8/2014Everything was great. There were so many great options on the menu (and daily specials) that it was hard to choose. I suspect we shouldn't have stressed so much because everything we ordered was excellent. The waiter was super knowledgeable, right down to knowing the answer (chayote) to my question "what's this interesting vegetable under the soft-shelled crab?" before I could even finish the question.Special Features:
- A Favorite Dining ExperiencewhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 6/8/2014Every few weeks, we drive to Ojai just to dine at Suzanne's. It is lovely, a pleasant covered patio faces a lovely garden. A fireplace, fans and heaters are installed, so weather is never an issue. The service is always good, thank you Kari! The wine list has many great California wines, very affordable options. The Chimichurri Rib Eye is our favorite. We like to share the Blue Caesar, Delicious. The chef makes homemade ice creams-OMG. Afterwards, we leave our car in the parking lot and take a stroll down the main street. It is always a lovely day.Special Features:
- A Beautiful Meal...againLuvs2DineOutDined on 6/7/2014I've only been to Suzanne's Cuisine for one lunch and one dinner, but both were very special. The dinner was for Mother's Day. It was unlike any other Mother's Day restaurant experience I've had. You know how they can be: overcrowded, rushed, and sometimes frantic. Not here. Everything was fresh, nicely seasoned and cooked to perfection. I had the salmon dinner and it was moist and tender and the veggies and forbidden rice tasty. For lunch I enjoyed the best veggie quesadilla ever. Desserts are to die for. The brownie was unbelievable! Service is impeccable and friendly. You cannot have a bad meal here, I promise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNeilsenVIPDined on 5/31/2014Everything was fabulous. If you're in the area, you shouldn't miss it. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- A very enjoyable experienceOldBobDined on 5/31/2014We have come here three or four times for a special occasion. The food has always been excellent (we both had the pan grilled salmon over homemade sauerkraut) and the service superb. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and have no difficulty with reasonable special requests. Water glasses were filled without asking, and without the feeling that someone was hovering. The peanut butter chocolate torte is a great way to cap off the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/29/2014Excellent patio seating with great food & service. Real nice find in Ojai. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great quality and atmosphereRebeccaDined on 5/28/2014This was my first time here and had a beautiful table by the garden. The food quality was wonderful and creative with knowlegable service. However, it was a busy night and it took a while to have plates removed long after 1st course was completed and it took a very long time for the main meal to arrive. We had an 8:00 reservation and that was a little irritating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Romantic PlacegirgisVIPDined on 5/26/2014We came here for an anniversary and had a very nice time. The decor and food are great and the staff was very helpful. Even with drinks and dinner we spent less then a basic meal at the resort down the road.Special Features:
- Great food, misleading patioOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014We just went this weekend with a group of us who are turning 40. The food was excellent and the service was great. Our only disappointment was the outside patio. The website made it look like we would be more outside in the garden, instead of was covered and kind of dark, not what we were expecting. But, the food was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanidng dinner in OjaiVelaDined on 5/23/2014We had dinner at Suzanne's Cuisine on a Friday evening in May and it was fantastic. Service was very atentive and thoughtful. We're on a bit of a weight loss program and, accordingly, our server brought us olives in lieu of bread and sautgeed spinach in lieu of mashed potatoes. Asparagus soup was really tasty as was the special salad with Pixie tangerines. My wife had a salmon entree and I had braised lamb shank both of which were outstanding. We'll definitely make it to Suzanne's on our next visit to OjaiSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/21/2014FOOD WAS EXCELLENT! GREAT PLACE, GREAT ATMOSPHERE.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 254 reviews are from the Suzanne's Cuisine reviews archive.