502 W. Ojai Ave.
Ojai, CA 93023Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.suzannescuisine.com/
- Phone: (805) 640-1961
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Monday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday: 5:30pm - 8:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Closed on Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Suzanne Roll
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Suzanne's Cuisine
Welcome to Suzanne's Cuisine. We offer our contemporary European cuisine lovingly prepared and served in a home and garden setting. Chef/owner Suzanne Roll has created a varied menu that highlights the years that she lived in France along with her Italian-American heritage. Most ingredients are sourced locally and hand-selected by Suzanne. Serving wines from our Wine Spectator Award of Excellence winning list in addition to cocktails from our bar. All desserts are homemade.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Suzanne's Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Ojai ›
Suzanne's Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)great for outdoor dining (41)romantic (40)special occasion (40)neighborhood gem (37)great for lunch (22)notable wine list (16)good for groups (12)scenic view (10)great for brunch (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderful experienceBobeDined on 11/15/2014Suzanne's was the perfect choice for a romantic couple's occasion. Charming ambiance, attentive and knowledgeable service, and a varied and creative menu combined for a memorable experience. The GF mushroom soup was delicious as was the roasted brussels sprouts appetizer. The seafood sampler was great and the prime rib-eye steak was cooked exactly as ordered. We definitely plan to find new reasons to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Suzanne's!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Suzanne's lived up to the hype! We had a table near the fireplace and fountain. The atmosphere was lovely and the food outstanding! We had the squash blossoms and eggplant tart to start with the Scottish Salmon with fresh fruit salsa. It was all delicious, fresh, and beautifully presented. Our server was knowledgable and attentive. Highly recommend Suzanne's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect EveningCyna922Dined on 11/7/2014Selected Suzanne's after researching restaurants to enjoy for our weekend in Ojai. We had an amazing evening!! We enjoyed the Butternut Squash & Kale salad, the scallops and the sand dabs. All were prepared to perfection! The sauce on the scallops was Oh My Word delicious!! We paired our first course with a Gary Farrell Chardonnay and our second with a Lombardi Pinot we brought with us. Their homemade chocolate ice cream was sublime!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ojai Garden Dininginquisitive1Dined on 11/6/2014I have visited Ojai twice this year for short getaways. The first time, I had a list of restaurants to try, eating at Suzanne's the first day. I had such an enjoyable experience that I canceled the others and only ate at Suzanne's. This trip, I only reserved at Suzannes (ahead on OpenTable) for both days I would be in Ojai. Their smoked chicken salad is wonderful -- slices of house smoked chicken breast over an assortment of greens, along with sun-dried tomatoes, feta and pine nuts. Delicious. But, don't miss the duo of chocolate mousses for dessert! For under $4 you get a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of white chocolate mousse, with raspberry sauce artfully surrounding the duo. The servers are very friendly and helpful; great time!Special Features:
- A fabulous dinnerShellyVIPDined on 10/26/2014Our group (4) all thought that the evening was complete - great food, service and ambience. Definitely eat here if you have the chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsCVCaliforniaDined on 10/25/2014Really a lovely place all around; food excellent. Corkage high, in my opinion, $20. It was our anniversary and had a special bottle.... Oh well. Also though "happy anniversary" written in chocolate on our dessert plate it would have been classy to comp our dessert. Again, oh well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful spotlove2eatDined on 10/15/2014Had a wonderful birthday dinner celebration for a friend's 65th. I requested a garden table and was give a beautiful table near the garden and the fireplace--the perfect spot for two. The waitress was very helpful in answering questions as the menu was extensive and with so many good choices. She was also able to describe wines for us. Everything we chose was delicious. We shared a number of dishes to taste the most and they accomodated that very well. I wish we had a restaurant this lovely near my home in Pasadena.Special Features:
- Best of OjaiWineCopVIPDined on 10/12/2014This has become our favorite dining spot whenever we take a drive that ends up in Ojai. The back patio provides a relaxing outdoor view of the garden and fountain while one still dines under a roof. This time, we were in the mood for pasta, but still wanted a red wine. So, we chose the meatballs with fusilli and marinara sauce with a Caesar salad to start. The meatballs were large and dense with a very flavorful sauce and presented nicely on a bed of fusilli pasta. The only negative was that the fusilli was slightly overcooked and not al dente. But the 2006 Il Poggione Brunello di Montelcino made up for that minor deficiency!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- every course was poorly executedFoodcriticVIPDined on 10/11/2014Even the cocktails were bad. Everything was over salted. A simple pasta dish lacked sauce and consequently lacked flavor.
- Hidden Ojai GemkibbeeDined on 10/8/2014We were staying in the Ventura - Santa Barbara area and I remembered reading about the Ojai resort and spa with a world class championship golf course. I did some research on lunch spots in the area and decided on Suzannes because of many positive reviews from various sites. The experience was exceptional. Great setting, excellent food, outstanding wine list and superb service. A must go.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneycucinaDined on 10/3/2014I've spent less money for much better service and better food. The presentation on the plate was boring. Just thrown on without care of how it looked. I can get a delicious steak for $15 where servers know what they are doing. It was $36.00 and the potatoes and other filler veggies didn't even look appealing enough to try. We were there to celebrate my birthday. I wanted the dinner with my daughter to be memorable. That is the only part of the weekend celebration that was a disappointment. I would definitely come back to Ojai but never back to Suzanne's.Special Features:
- Love this placeLisalisaDined on 9/28/2014We have been here in the past and I have yo say it is an outstanding restaurant. Can't go wrong here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romantic restaurantMeandhubbyDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I went to Suzanne's for lunch and sat on the outdoor patio. It was very romantic with a beautiful water fountain, butterfly's and flowers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014There were so many selections on the menu that I wanted to try; they all sounded tasty. We chose the eggplant tart to start and it was excellent- a very light crust that did not take away from the delicious filling. Portions are very generous tho- maybe too generous. My husband had the pork medallions; the 3 medallions would have fed 2 people. We were traveling so unfortunately could not take a "doggie bag"Special Features:
- ExcellentBlackerDined on 9/13/2014While visiting Ojai we went here on a recommendation from local friends. This place is everything they said it was and more. The food, the service, the setting (charming outdoor covered patio with garden view)...all 5-star. I had a Bison filet that was one of the best dishes I've ever had anywhere. Reservations are definitely recommended on weekend nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you need to askOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The place was great, with one exception. They sat us at the worst table in the house. By the front door with all the foot traffic of the entire place. They did move us to another table when I asked to be moved. Some tables in all restaurants just should not be there. This is an expensive place which I don't mind, but if we had to stay at that table, it would be the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ojai gemqantelleDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed a wonderful lunch for a girls reunion on a Saturday. the restaurant has lovely corner booth units that offer privacy and space as well as tables in the middle of the table. It happened to be a heat wave around 100 degrees and the restaurant held a table for us inside as a courtesy which was very thoughtful and we readily accepted due to the heat that day. Food was fresh and delicious, service impeccable. I would highly recommend this lovely spot just outside of downtown Ojai.Special Features:
- South of France in OjaiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Romantic ambiance, reminiscent of the South of France, or perhaps Monet's gardens (ask for back patio seating), and very competent, fresh and flavorful fare!
- Good but also underwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/1/2014As our first visit to Ojai we were looking forward to dinner at the recommended Suzanne's. While the food was certainly good, it was not outstanding as we had expected given the feedback from previous diners. We ate just after the labor day weekend and it seemed as though all the staff energy had been used up over a busy weekend with little left for diners the following week.Special Features:
- SuzannesVincentDined on 8/31/2014Had the filet mignon all 3 of us. Very good on all 3 counts, meat was flavorful and tender. Beet salad was also very tasty. Potatoes were lacking however and the steamed veggies were rather bland. Dessert menu was very good, had the cheese cake. Extensive wine list but did not order. Service was very attentive. I'll go back next time in Ojai.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Had a wonderful brunch/lunch. The heirloom tomato salad was delicious!Special Features:
- NanacarDined on 8/27/2014Wonderful lunch in a pretty setting! It was perfect for catching up with old friends!Special Features:
- Suzanne'sJudymDined on 8/24/2014Celebrated our anniversary with a yummy martini, delicious zucchini flower stuffed appetizer, delicious dinner, and sumptuous ice cream dessert. Beautiful garden view on the rear patio dining area. A definite must-do-again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLababsyDined on 8/20/2014Suzanne's came highly recommended by others who had been to Ojai - it was my friends and my first time there -and it completely lived up to its reputation! Excellent food, beautifully presented by charming servers. Lovely setting that we thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:
- Charming and romantic placeJamesDined on 8/9/2014Charming ambience and super service. They are very attentive to the customers. Food is excellent, prices are a little on the high side. Charming setting with fountain and back garden . Front porch seating looks interesting if not too hot.Special Features:
- hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014food sooo delicious.....5star outdoor patio place to be romance romance romance Dessert a must HaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply FabulousZACKVIPDined on 8/2/2014Drove to Ojai from the San Fernando Valley for an event at a local school. Wanted to have dinner nearby & remembered Suzanne's from a previous trip. Six of us had dinner and there were only rave reviews. From the salads, Branzino, Salmon, etc. to the great desserts, dinner was just wonderful. Everyone thanked me for suggesting Suzanne's & I said to my wife as we drove back to LA, "Why don't we come up here for dinner more often. It's certainly worth the hour plus drive to have perfectly prepared everything." Thanks to all the staff at Suzanne's for a memorable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class ActOpenTableReviewsDined on 7/27/2014My wife and I were in Ojai for one night.... Read good things about Suzanne's on the web. All true. Great food and a really nice table near the garden on the back patio. Very pleased.Special Features:
- The following 279 reviews are from the Suzanne's Cuisine reviews archive.
- Lovely settingJohnVIPDined on 7/21/2014Lovely setting like a backyard patio and great food!Special Features:
- Very attentiveEricRDined on 7/20/2014I have a number of dietary restrictions. Our waitress Heidi was very attentive to my restrictions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousboyonfilmVIPDined on 7/16/2014Well-deserved of its status as the best fine dining in Ojai. But it's no big-box establishment--still retains its local, mom and pop type vibe while being among the best meals I've had in SoCal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014This is a wonderful restaurant! We travel here two to three times a year, from Orange County, to eat here and visit Bart's Books!Special Features:
- Loved Suzanne's Cuizine!Eateries2rememberDined on 7/2/2014We'd made the reservation for our 25th wedding anniversary ahead of time so that we could dine in the back by the lovely country garden. Everything was lovely. I have a lot of dietary restrictions, but they were very accomodating. The place filled up as the evening went on, but the noise of others wasn't even noticed. Went here many years ago...we were glad we returned for this special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripSantaBarbaraFanDined on 7/2/2014We ordered a lot because everything sounded so good, and the surprise was that there was nothing disappointing. Even the espresso was much better than even the specialty coffee shops.Special Features:
- The gem of OjaiFoodnwinelvrDined on 6/29/2014Great food,excellent service, and extensive and very FAIR wine list. Couldn't have picked a better place for an anniversary dinner. Reservations are a must and be sure to request a table on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Eatery!LylsDined on 6/27/2014My first time visiting Suzanne's Cuisine, and I will definitely return! The food was delicious (we had the portobello mushroom sandwich and the tuna bruschetta), service was great and the decor/garden area were just lovely! You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014After checking in with our reservations we were wished a happy anniversary. They proceeded to seat us next to a bachelorette party. Not so romantic. They did move us once we complained. The service was mediocre at best and the food was ok. We were disappointed, we have dined there many times before and the food was much better in the past. When it came time for dessert, no mention of our anniversary, no candle, no nothing. The table next to us got a candle for something. All in all we were very disappointed. It was like they didn't even try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in OjaiNeilEDined on 6/20/2014This is probably the best fine-dining restaurant in Ojai. Well-crafted California cuisine using lots of local produce and an excellent wine list.Special Features:
- Happy to returnmubest313Dined on 6/20/2014Suzanne's has never disappointed when visiting Ojai. Group of 4 selected choices both on menu and specials and all were fine. Desserts were a fine close to menu. Particularly enjoyed the in house sorbets...Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchbrunchersDined on 6/15/2014Suzanne’s Cuisine is my favorite spot for Sunday Brunch, even though it is 30+ miles from home. There is a good variety of menu items to please most every pallet. We had a delicious cheesecake for dessert that was light and fluffy. The servers are very professional, polite and accommodating. I always ask for a table on the patio because it is both peaceful and the garden view is beautiful. The abundance of fresh flowers in vases throughout the restaurant adds to the ambiance.Special Features: